Siena - Providence
238 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: (401) 521-3311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Bistro Menu 10:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Sunday:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Siena - Providence
Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena - Providence was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Siena - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (116)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (75)notable wine list (67)hot spot (55)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fantastic Every TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014My wife and I think this is the best spot on the Hill. The food never disappoints, service adaptable (chatty when you want, invisible when you don't) and always friendly, and the food is incredible. I did note this last time much of the menu has remained unchanged in quite some time which was a bit disappointing, but the meatball appetizer was there, so we were happy. That all being said, get the steak with the garlic. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!!KellDined on 11/14/2014During our trip to Providence we came across a list of restaurants and we chose this one. It was on a street with a few other restaurants but it wasn't that hard to find. We were delighted with the service and food. If there was one thing to change it would be that the tables in the front room are a bit cluttered. Overall awesome restaurant! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeJoe2Dined on 11/9/2014Food and service were outstanding. We both had fish dinners which were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!TheFytFoodieDined on 11/9/2014Was recommended to us to try while visiting Providence. Food and ambiance was great. Definitely will be a go to place if we come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from out of towngreat2eatDined on 11/7/2014Ai great find and if we ever returned from pa would go againSpecial Features:
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014A great find on Federal Hill! This was the first time I have been to Siena, but I will be back. We had excellent service, and an amazing meal. I dare say my pasta entree was one of the best dishes I have ever had; I kept eating even after I was full, just because it was so good. I would definitely recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Successful early dinnermirandaDined on 11/2/2014I had to catch a flight, so we had a 3:00 dinner reservation. So many things on the menu sounded good, so we ordered too much food, but everything tasted really great. The meatball appetizer and salads were probably my favorite part of the meal, but my whole family was raving about their entrees too. Our waitress was very attentive and did everything perfectly. Even with our early reservation, the restaurant filled up quickly, but service and ambiance didn't suffer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnJandNDined on 11/1/2014The food at Siena was fabulous. It was our first visit, and we ordered a delicious cheese pizza, Caprese salad, veal and desserts. The bar drinks and wine were amazing. We will definitely return again. Some friends of ours recommended Siera, so we drove down from the New Bedford area and it was well worth the drive. Making registrations online was easy and the staff called us back promptly to confirm. The valet parking was a breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014One of the best restaurants I have been to in New EnglandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit loud, but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014My husband's swordfish and our salads were excellent, but the booth seating was uncomfortable and at times I felt like I was yelling to be carry on a conversation across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnegDined on 10/27/2014This was my second visit to Siena. It will be my last! The service was wonderful fro The moment we walked in. Our waitress was Theresa and she was fantastic! I highly recommend Siena Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!bellaDined on 10/26/2014First visit to Siena,we had a great experience,the server was awesome and the food was delicious.We live in a different state but would drive to the restaurant to have dinner again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit cramped, but a wonderful mealfiremanswagRIDined on 10/25/2014Had anniversary dinner this past Saturday at Siena. It was very loud, and a bit cramped, but...the food was excellent!! Highly recommend the big meatball for an appetizer, and of course dough boys with ice cream and homemade Nutella for dessert!! I had the best swordfish I've ever had, and my girlfriend's gluten allergy was accomadated. Bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for $30!!! Great time, great meal, great anniversary! Thanks Siena Providence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLizBDined on 10/25/2014My friend and I went to Siena to celebrate a birthday. The place was packed, thank God I made a reservation. Excellent service! My friend got the veal chop and raved about it. Said it was one of the best meals he had. I had the braised short ribs. Melted in your mouth. It was noisy as other reviews had noted, but we were able to have a conversation without yelling. Would always recommend.Special Features:
- good foodLaneyDined on 10/24/2014The food was very good. The restaurant was quite busy when we arrived and they sat us at our table on time per our reservation. I would definitely go back to Siena the next time I'm in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!WeLoveItalianFoodDined on 10/24/2014Siena was excellent! We were pleased from beginning to end. We went to celebrate my daughter's nineteenth birthday; we'll go back to celebrate finding it.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant is an absolute must to try. It was my first time eating there and it was great. The food is excellent, the staff is great and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Federal Hill RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014My favorite restaurant when I visit Providence. I enjoyed the Sea Bass in the past and the specials are usually great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything simply amazingBlm73Dined on 10/22/2014This is a definite favorite Service was amazing as well as the staff. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena ProvidencesharebearDined on 10/22/2014Delicious. Outstanding food. Great service. A little pricey, but worth it and a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Referred by Matt at Hotel Providence - Outstanding recommendation!!
- diningoutDined on 10/21/2014Having never been there before, we did not realize how active their bar was....next time, we will ask that we be placed in the back room away from the noise of the bar. Everyone ordered different items off the menu and all of us really enjoyed our meals. We live close to the North End in Boston and felt this restaurant was on the same par if not better than some found in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oct 14OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Food was delicious, pizza was awesome and service was stellarSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerbhockeyVIPDined on 10/19/2014After a couple of table changes, at our request, my wife and I settled into a very nice table and enjoyed an excellent anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip to ProvidenceBiodude76Dined on 10/19/2014Would definitely come back again. Food was very good, especially the calamari aceto balsamico appetizer I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Winnerhawaii50VIPDined on 10/18/2014First visit to Providence Siena, though we have eaten at the East Greenwich restaurant many times. We were greeted promptly by the hostess, who went out of her way to ensure we would receive the "best" table available, and she was right. The short ribs were outstanding as was the rest of the food enjoyed by our group of four. Desserts are great, generous cups of lemon crème brulee were especially noteworthy.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We will be back! Amazing waitress whom was knowledgeable and expressly attentive made for a terrific time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topshelfDined on 10/17/2014Siena never disappoints---the Involtini and Fichi are especially good and for me the Tagliatelle. It was our favorite restaurant when we lived on the West Side. Now going back there seems like such a treat that it's hard to imagine mixing it up by returning to any of our other favorite haunts.Special Features:
- Great food as always!SuzyQDined on 10/16/2014Four of us dined here before a show at PPAC and enjoyed our meals. The calamari appetizer was a little tasteless. The hot peppers came on the side and the fried squid rings were white. That's not how calamari is usually served but we ate it anyway. Two of us had salads and both were very good! The dinners consisted of two veal dishes, one swordfish and one short ribs. We ate every crumb! Very tasty! The service was good. They were aware that we were trying to make a show but they didn't rush us - just kept the meal moving along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena is Best on Federal HillContentedDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have season tickets at PPAC, and always eat on Federal Hill before going to the theater. We have tried many of the restaurants on Federal Hill. But we have now stop looking for new restaurants, and have made Siena our restaurant of choice. Food is always great. They have different and interesting specials each time we eat there. Service is good. Prices are reasonable. Appetizers and desserts (especially the tiramisu) are wonderful. We just love Siena!Special Features:
- Good JobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Had folks in from out of town for a classic PVD night (waterfire, federal hill, etc) Sienna did not disappoint great food, excellent waitressSpecial Features:
- barber13Dined on 10/11/2014First time there great food and service our waitress Michelle was excellent as were the hostesses res. was for 7pm and we were seated on time will go there againSpecial Features:
- First timerCraigDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was very busy Saturday evening but accommodated my request for a table in the back room, which is quieter and allows for easier conversation. The food was great as advertised (best of RI list for several years). I will definitely return.Special Features:
- great place to dinetomnoajoDined on 10/10/2014The food was great,service excellent ,the,only reason I did not give five stars overall seating was tight my friend chair was constantly being bumped. Overall. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favoritejg5555Dined on 10/9/2014front of restaurant's noise level makes it difficult to have a conversation, so ask for the back- which is much more comfortable. Food was very good, Seafood was cooked perfectly,as was risotto and and the bread pudding is best ever. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentzebraDined on 10/8/2014Our party of 6 shared a few yummy apps and had delicious entrees of veal, shrimp, salmon, steak, chicken. ALL excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only So-SoRobertDined on 10/5/2014On this particular Sunday night, the experience and food were certainly good, but it didn't knock me out of my socks as I was expecting from 'the best in Providence". And as for getting a cab back downtown? Forget about it! Not a cab town, and no help from Sienna.
- Did not live up to hypeDocrockDined on 10/3/2014good but not great Italian restaurant. Antipasto plate was average. Entrees good to very good. Desserts amazing. Service excellent. I would recommend this restaurant with the caveat that one should not expect this to be a meal you will remember for very long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphVIPDined on 10/1/2014Try for a table in back. Where we were in front it was very noisy. Service was very good. The food was excellent and that made the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014Keep a lot of room for the homemade Tiramisu, best I ever had.. Including ItaluI would recommend this to a friend.