Siena - Providence
238 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4015213311x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Bistro Menu 10:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm (Bistro Menu 11:00pm - 12:00am), Sunday:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Siena - Providence
Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena - Providence was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Siena - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Siena - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (73)notable wine list (56)hot spot (37)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great eveningBarbDined on 8/25/2014Great food-great service in this Federal Hill gem, albeit a little noisy! It was fully booked when we were there and most of the other restaurants on the street were empty. The food was fabulous-best Caesar salad ever- pasta done to perfection. Reasonably priced and a fun place if you don't mind a little noise from all the happy diners. Dining outside available but right on street so we chose inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedKatersT3Dined on 8/24/2014I suggest requesting the dining room in your reservation if this is a special occasion as we were seated in a very loud bar area with a television. We could barely hear our server. Our server was great and the food was good, but not exceptional. The pasta fagioli was more like a bowl of beans than a soup, but had decent flavor. The crab cakes were very good. But my Chilean sea bass tasted less than fresh and our side of asparagus was cold and overcooked. I recommend Pan e Vino over Siena any day of the week.Special Features:
- Service great, food just averageDMB120Dined on 8/23/2014We started with an artichoke appetizer that had dense stuffing yet somehow was under seasoned and did not come together for us. The rest of our meal was just average, maybe we didn't order their signature items but we did not leave feeling like we wanted to return to try something else.
- Can't beat itkaitelizsweenDined on 8/22/2014Always a pleasure dining here! The consistency and quality of the food is unbeatable.Special Features:
- service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014Like thd place when we are in Providence, but this time...waited too long for allSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner!cmn613Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I decided to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in Providence, RI. After reading over several reviews of Siena Providence, we decided to make a reservation here. We were not disappointed at all. The food was excellent as well as the service. We live in the NY area and have many excellent restaurants. This was a definite recommendation to anyone who wants good food and service.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerEnjoyableDined on 8/20/2014This was our first experience at Siena. The occasion was our 37th wedding anniversary. We made reservations, arrived on time and were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive, had great food and wine knowledge and made recommendations. The food was delicious and fairly priced. The only drawback were the people seated nearby who were rather loud. The evening was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningCherVIPDined on 8/20/2014Met friends and enjoyed crab cake appetizer, veal santimboca, shrimp with risotto. I'd highly recommend all. Bar scene was hopping but we sat in back room. Dark but quiet for conversation. Service was excellent. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyStaffDined on 8/19/2014Our waitress was not very friendly and a bit abrupt. We watched other patrons receive silverware with each course. We didn't even have enough silverware. We had guests arrive at our table for a few minutes and at that moment the waitress wanted to take our order - really?Special Features:
- Amazing, Once AgainRogerTDined on 8/15/2014This is our second time at Siena Restaurant. The first time was amazing and the second time was just as good. Great bar area and cocktails. The bartenders were very friendly. Our waiter was great. The menu is perfect because it is not 5 pages long. The food is very fresh. I don't usually get meatballs at a restaurant but they have a meatball appetizer with fresh ricotta that is unbelievable. Overall, Siena is outstanding. Can't wait to go back to Providence so I can eat at Siena again.Special Features:
- Sienna has it allKrainbowDined on 8/15/2014The rustic Italian food ,the ambiance and the service were all excellent. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightbostonmike23Dined on 8/12/2014Brought my fiancé here after popping the question. They accommodated us beautifully for such a special occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014Started with the gigantic meatball. It was very tasty. It weighs 16 ounces; we took half of it home. Next was a golden-beet arugula salad. Nicely executed. Our entrees were the Tagliatelle with Bolognese and the Rigatoni. Both were excellent. The Bolognese was a bit heavy on the oil, but had a great flavor. We noticed that Siene was one of the few restaurants to be busy on a Tuesday night. We could tell from the food why that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014I happened upon this restaurant and what a great find! The food was delicious - I had a wonderful beet salad followed by veal - the presentation was great and taste divine. Our waitress Karen was knowledgeable and excellent! I recommend for everyone to try this find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff, foodLoveToDineOnHillDined on 8/8/2014It was our first time eating in Providence and it was delicious!! Our waitress was very personable and took the time to provide us with exceptional service. It was a very relaxing and romantic atmosphere. The food was delicious and very tasty. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdisappointedDined on 8/8/2014Not because the food or service was bad in any way; only because I had such high hopes. I had heard that Siena was supposed to be, hands down, the best Italian restaurant in Providence. However, what my family and I received was...just good. Not outstanding, just very good. The meatball appetizer was outstanding, as was the Bolognese. However, the short rib entree was just okay and the Saltimbocca was tasteless. I expected one of the best Italian meals of my life, and I feel like what I received I could have gotten at any other restaurant in Federal Hill. If I can't get a reservation at Siena, I would have no problem eating anywhere else, if the food is basically the same, if not better, elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!AwesomeDined on 8/3/2014Food was authentic Italian, and delicious! Short ribs over a creamy risotto were tender, flavorful, exceptional, tagliatelle was best I've had. We are planning another trip to providence so we can eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific reataurantbandd101Dined on 8/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant on Federal Hill. Food, service and ambiance are second to none. Sienna is a gem, don't think twice visit it today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choices - Good Flavor at Sienajcolby6Dined on 8/2/2014Siena is a great spot on Federal Hill for Italian food and seafood, but with plenty of choices to satisfy those with a taste for something other than Italian. I really enjoyed the crab and shrimp pappardelle, while my wife enjoyed the Bolognese. Our friends enjoyed the pork chop and the seafood medley, and everyone enjoyed their meal, which were all flavorful and fresh. There is something for everyone at Siena.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I've chosen Siena for my last 4 special occasions and have not been disappointed. Great food and service. I wish I had the time and money to fine there more often. Hats off to the chefs for preparing such great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night FridayMichaelDined on 8/1/2014We sat outside and this made dinner more entertaining. Nick was a great server - he joined our conversations as needed, serviced us in a timely manner and wasn't fake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food was awesome..the ambiance was so charming. The wait staff was superb. What a great spot to enjoy ones company and not have to worry about the quality of the food. With Valet parking it is the spot for an evening of fun.Special Features:
- Highly recommend SienaTColtDined on 7/30/2014Visit to Providence for first time. Brown University and then dinner. Brother recommended this restaurant and I am so glad he did. The food, service and atmosphere were perfect. Sea Bass special some of the best food I have had in a long time. Wife ordered a pasta dish that was Rigatoni with sweet sausage and porcini mushrooms. Excellent dish. Wife and I love the energy of the bar area but if noise is a problem simply choose to eat in the back half of the restaurant. Outside looked like a good summer choice. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OverratedDc829Dined on 7/30/2014I was so excited to finally go here! We sat at a table for 2. So noisy hard to talk. Too tight and no room. Could hear the entire conversation at next table. Sangria was very good. Ordered the giant meatball. Delicious. When food came waiter had to take bread away no room on table. The lobster/seafood dish was ok. The crab cakes were boring. Just wanted to leave. No dessert.Special Features:
- LovesangriaDined on 7/27/2014We dine here a lot most of the time with a private group, but when I come with other friends and relatives, I just usually just call and make reservations. This time I used the Open Table to reserved. Using the Open Table was so easy, and can be done anytime with confirmation on email. The food selections are awesome and the foods are marvelous. The staff are always attentive. This is one of our favorite restaurant on Federal Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodmaddyDined on 7/27/2014We have had a variety of food selections here and all the choices have been great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKlovisDined on 7/26/2014Everything was top notch. Service and food were incredible. Well worth the hour drive. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeLabba19Dined on 7/25/2014Great as it always is! That's why it's voted #1 every yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints!soffilerDined on 7/24/2014Lovely dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Excellent service - waiter was always present when needed, and only when needed. Waiter made excellent food and wine pairing recommendations. We both selected from the night's specials - over the top! She had a pasta dish with a Bolongese sause that was to die for. I had a filet mignon. Maybe one of the best I have ever had, literally cut with a fork, melt in the mouth. Nice visit at the table with the owner - appropriately short, but much appreciated. They should show that they care, and he did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLynneDined on 7/23/2014As always Siena never disappoints. Great food, great service and a great staff!!Special Features:
- nice variety - very authenticFrequentFlyer1Dined on 7/22/2014Definitely worth a reservation, as it was delicious. Very energized environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhChefDined on 7/21/2014I have to say , not really impressed. My veal saltimbocca had no procuittto and no cheese, i didnt say anything so thats my fault ( i figured it was the way the make it there?) and my wifes gnocchi was missing something ( not an item just lackluster) the martini with pineapple and basil was pretty awesome thoughSpecial Features:
- Gem on Federal HillBrooklynbabeDined on 7/19/2014We ordered dinner from the restaurant week menu. The food was delish and very reasonably priced. We noticed that their price for a full bottle of wine was the same as a half bottle of the same wine we ordered at a restaurant we ate at the night before. Service was very attentive but not obtrusive. We had a corner table in a crowded room yet we could hear each other talk just fine. After dinner we strolled just down the street and enjoyed outdoor music and dancing so the location was perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- GaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Appetizer and salad were fine. My entree was not edible. It was seafood boiled in a red sauce the fish was completely dry and tasted of fish. The waitstaff apologized but no compensation was madeSpecial Features:
- Luv Luv Luv Siena!!JasonandAnnDined on 7/19/2014My husband fell upon Siena one night in Providence. This restaurant is the BEST!! Staff are top notch and the food is beyond words!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at SienabirthdayDined on 7/18/2014My family has come here for my Dad's birthday three years not. We love that we all can be seated comfortably. The antipasto is a great size for sharing. The house wine was really great. As always the food was delicious and we were all to full for dessert. I would recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best on Federal HillBobthebuilderVIPDined on 7/17/2014Visited with a party of six foodies and was not disappointed. Food was fantastic. Service was prompt and friendly. Front bar area can be extremely loud and difficult to hold a conversation. We will visit again but ask to be seated in the rear dining area, hopefully that's a little quieter.Special Features:
- LAwvrLAwvrDined on 7/17/2014Great real Italian food. Reminds me of my youth. Every dish was fantastic.Special Features:
- Delectable Tuscan mealNyfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was outstanding from the incredibly delicious calamari aceto balsamico to the eggplant parmigiana and it's savory marinara sauce to the strawberry shortcake. We went for the first time and was fortunate to go for restaurant week which had it's signature dishes available for a 3-course meal for $29.95 - what a yummy bargain! My husband is Italian and pretty much an Italian food snob, so I always hold my breath when we go Italian. Siena far exceeded our expectations and when we are in Providence the next time, we will be making another reservation at Siena.Special Features:
- You MUST eat here!ValentinoDined on 7/14/2014A few days to discover Providence and trying different restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner and this was the best place we experienced. The service, the food, the wine; everything was excellent! A good thing this was our last dinner in town or we would have had to go back twice! Congratulations to the entire Siena team on having such an excellent table!!Special Features: