Siena - East Greenwich
5600 Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - East Greenwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: (401) 885-8850
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Siena has monthly Wine Dinners and monthly Cigar Dinners. Please call the restaurant to see when the next event will be!
A word from Siena - East Greenwich
Welcome to Siena - East Greenwich, serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. The cucina (kitchen) and enoteca (winebar) is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other's company over earthy wines and simple communal fare of olives, cheeses, cured meats and small plates. Siena - East Greenwich compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Siena - East Greenwich - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Siena - East Greenwich reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)fit for foodies (82)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (54)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (40)good for groups (32)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding!PF2517Dined on 11/26/2014This was my 2nd visit to Siena in E. Greenwich and it was an excellent dining experience. I have to say it is my favorite restaurant in RISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingcharelesstreetcoffeeDined on 11/22/2014Filet cooked to perfection. Husband and I both loved everything. The cheese board makes a great starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluvgofoDined on 11/22/2014Always love the food here. Had one of the specials for the night, filet and lobster, and it was cooked to perfection. I only wish the restaurant would offer something else, besides the polenta, as the starch staple. Otherwise, definitely a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy but very goodTommy2x4Dined on 11/22/2014We like to go to Sienna for special occasions. The service is excellent, the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at a decent priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass and the Jumbo Shrimp with Risotto. The only disappointment was the appetizer, Clams Zuppa. The broth was way too salty although the clams were great. They only supplied one peace of garlic bread to dip into the broth although we were sharing the plate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena-East GreenwichtemfishDined on 11/8/2014This was my first visit to Siena. The staff was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food was delicious! We had an appetizer, salad, dinner and dessert. It was on the pricy side (we had a gift card my husband was given as a gift), but for a very special occasion, I would visit again. I do suggest making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal here.MoveMe2VIPDined on 11/7/2014Food was amazing and our server Jesse was spectacular. She was very polite and accommodating to what ever we need. I wish other establishments had servers as nice as her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pinetarDined on 11/5/2014When we had a problem with our table location, there was no issue as we were immediately moved to another. Food serving was attractive, ample and deliciousSpecial Features:
- A local hot spot!linearblondeDined on 11/1/2014If you want great food, atmosphere and great service, Siena in EG is the place to be! The overall experience made for a very nice evening!Special Features:
- DinrdatesDined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent. Was seated next to bar and large party so ambience and sound a bit louder than I would like. Server was wonderful and recommended many items that were delicious. Try the honeycomb with the antipasto platter. Braised short ribs melted in your mouth. Apple bread pudding for dessert was great for a Fall night.Special Features:
- treborDined on 10/25/2014I would recommend this restaurant for the food and service. The place was very crowded and quite noisy. They honored our reservation to the minute which is a sign that they are well managed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like an old friendLatenightdinerDined on 10/17/2014Haven't been in a while, but Open Table reminded me that Siena was still there ... and had an open table. Everything was as I remembered it. Top notch. Great food & service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 10/16/2014Siena is consistently excellent. The menu offers multiple choices to meet the appetite of any diner and the food is prepared just right. The waiters are attentive, polite and always there to fill a water glass or bring an extra plate or utensil. Siena is not only a favorite restaurant in RI but of just about anywhere. A meal at Siena is always a positive fulfilling experience. Bon Appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FullbellydinerDined on 10/15/2014One of my favorite places to eat in RI! Didn't give it 5 stars because my boyfriend's steak was significantly undercooked, but otherwise, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014This was my second visit to Siena. My first experience was quite good, so I was excited to be going again. Unfortunately, this was a very average experience. The host was completely unaware that we walked into the restaurant (and, never bothered to look up from whatever he was doing when we left). The server was quite pleasant. The food was just average. It is a fairly loud restaurant, which is OK if you are looking to go out and have fun. Popular spot, so usually pretty crowded.
- Very nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We put our reservation in last minute and got a seat around the back. It was comfortable and not too crowded. The food was excellent! The caprese salad was fresh and delicious. The clam and sausage appetizer had just the right kick and enough sauce for dipping with bread afterwards. The Chilean sea bass was cooked to perfection with a lovely scallop and scallion cream sauce. It was very mild but tasty. The black angus sirloin with the roasted garlic and Gorgonzola cream sauce was a wonderful combination of tastes. The only dish that fell short was the parm-reggiano risotto. It had too much cream and not enough flavor. We had to add salt and pepper to try to bring out some flavor. We ended the meal with the chocolate mousse! Yum!Special Features:
- queeniememeDined on 10/10/2014Our only problem with Siena is after making a reservation and showing up on time you still have to wait for your table. It is always suggested you have a drink at the bar while you are waiting.. this wait can go on for up to half hour which with a reservation is unacceptable. Other than the wait the staff is friendly and the food great.Special Features:
- Fifth Visit...JeffDined on 10/10/2014For some reason we seem to get constantly get placed by the Kitchen door. This was our fifth visit and our fourth seating at the same table by the kitchen. It was a Friday night and that may why it was so loud and noisy! We wanted a quiet anniversary for our 29th and this wasn't it. Food was OK, not up to what we had there in the past. Wait staff fairly busy. We will go again, hoping it was a one off night. My next reservation I'll ask for a table removed from the kitchen door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerOutstandinginEGDined on 10/8/2014Outstanding experience. We were greeted with a smile and immediately seated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our waitress, in particular was super knowledgeable and fun. While I did turn down the Sea Bass (in favor of the swordfish) we thoroughly enjoyed our beautifully prepared meals and will certainly return to Siena with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server, terrible hostess.LovefoodserviceDined on 10/5/2014We had reservations for 6pm. We arrived at 540 and asked to be seated early because there were many tables available. The hostess said to sit at bar and she would come get us. I watched 5 sets of walk ins sit down before I walked over to ask for our table. She rolled her eyes and took us to a table that was empty since we got there. It was not the standard as the location on Federal Hill. But, our server was excellent! She helped me at least enjoy the good food. I'm in food service... Ditch the long haired brunette making your restaurant look bad.Special Features:
- Barnacle24Dined on 10/3/2014Took friends to dinner and enjoyed a relaxing evening of excellent food. Pleasantly surprised by a call earlier in the day from staff to confirm reservations. Seated immediately upon arrival and received great service. Always attentive without being intrusive. Never felt rushed. "Italian" crabcakes were the best; moist and firm with just the right seasoning. Caesar's Salad was fresh, crisp and not drowning in dressing. My Veal Piccata was delicious. The veal was tender and the sauce was light and flavorful. A pleasant surprise was their desert of Lemon Creme Brule. My wife loves creme brule so we like to try it whenever it is offered. The addition of the lemon made an nice refreshing end to a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family & friends.HappynfullDined on 10/2/2014Great choice to bring out-of-town guests. Friendly with great service and wonderful food. Loved the clam zuppa and the bolognese was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First RateAndrewDined on 9/30/2014From making reservations through dessert this is a restaurant that knows what they are doing. It is evident that the servers have been well trained. The menu selections are all genuine Tuscan Italian. No one feels rushed at any point during their stay. The wine list is pretty comprehensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014service was excellent. Food and choice were also top notch.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My overall experience was good. I celebrated my anniversary and unfortunately we were seated extremely close to two other couples. After talking with the hostess she stated that there is no other seating at the moment unless we wanted to wait. The manager then came over and apologized and gave us a free appetizer. The customer I service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I have 2 kids and when we can get away we enjoy a nice meal out. We have been to Siena several times and have always enjoyed the ambiance and food. This time though, the food wasnt overwhelming and the menu seemed a little repetitive. I was hoping to see some new items on the menu but it hasnt seemed like it has changed much over the years. The food was still good but I guess our expectations have gone up! I still think it is one of the top spots in our area, but we will probably try something a little different next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine dinnerEdKalDined on 9/26/2014We have been to all three locations over the years and it was the "Restaurant Week" menu that brought us all the way to East Greewich this time. Even the limited "RW" menu was a nice selection and food was typically delicious. On a very busy Friday night, service was slower than usual, and I had forgotten how loud the front area near the windows can be. Ask for a table in one of the rear rooms. Siena is on the Mt. Rushmore of fine Italian restaurants in RI with La Maseria, Al Forno, and Pane Y Vino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We arrived about 10 minutes earlier than our reservation, hoping our table might be ready earlier, but ending up having to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation time. It really wasn't Siena's fault though- it was East Greenwich restaurant week so the restaurant was packed. As soon as the table got up to leave, it was promptly set for us. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. The pear and gorgonzola salad was smaller than we expected and seemed smaller than the caesar salad. The chicken saltimbocca portion was smaller than expected- 2 medium sized pieces when we might have expected 3, but the pork chop special was a good size and delicious. We never seem to be disappointed by the taste of the food here though, it's always delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerColleenCalDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I had dinner here Wednesday. My salmon was fantastic and my husband enjoyed his pork chop dinner as well. Our waitress was just wonderful and very attentive. Great night out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014always great! My favorite restaurant in the state.Special Features:
- return from ItalysulivnDined on 9/21/2014We had just returned from a 2 week trip to Italy, but were not happy with the eggplant dishes we had during our visit. We knew we wanted to go to Siena as soon as possible to have their delicious Involtini di Melazane. We are frequent diners and we were not disappointed. :) The attention and information we received from our server, Jess was impeccable. She was very knowledgeable about the menu, the wine, the location and of course the food. But her demeanor was where she shined most. Her personality is perfect for a neighborhood restaurant like Siena. She is very happy working there and we were happy to have her as our server. She introduced the featured wine and it was as she described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MushVIPDined on 9/20/2014The bolongese is to die for! Also great meatball app. Salmon is delicious as wellSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Wonderful food and service. Very accommodating and always tries to give our requested table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as alwaysMiami2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, great service. One of our favorite spots. Looking forward to dining at Siena - East Greenwich again, soon!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in East GreenwichMerryVIPDined on 9/20/2014We dined at Siena on Saturday and it was great. My husband had the Veal Saltimbucco and I had the Cioppino. Both were outstanding. Definitely would recommend to anyone if you want good food at a reasonably price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was great only issue and it was minor we received our food after the table next to us. They sat down at least 10-15 minutes after us and our order was placed before theirs. It will not deter us from coming back.Special Features:
- Always a grest mealMoveMe2VIPDined on 9/19/2014Made reservations for 2 on a Friday night. Got right in, food was exceptional as always. Waitress was great. Overall a very nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRhode1Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent quality of food and preparation. My favorite is the gnocchi with mushrooms, peas, asparagus and truffle oil after the salad that has the golden beets and barrata cheese! I need to eat there more often so I can try other dishes!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Food was just ok nothing special. I thought restaurant week menu was rather limited. I would have liked more Italian selections offered Service was great and ambience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed :)Kfallzie5Dined on 9/13/2014Always a wonderful meal. Food comes out hot and fresh, servers are always pleasant!!Special Features: