Siena - East Greenwich
5600 Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - East Greenwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4018858850
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Siena has monthly Wine Dinners and monthly Cigar Dinners. Please call the restaurant to see when the next event will be!
A word from Siena - East Greenwich
Welcome to Siena - East Greenwich, serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. The cucina (kitchen) and enoteca (winebar) is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other's company over earthy wines and simple communal fare of olives, cheeses, cured meats and small plates. Siena - East Greenwich compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - East Greenwich - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Siena - East Greenwich reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (71)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (27)hot spot (27)late-night find (12)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Scrumptious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The salad, appetizer & amazing entrees were excellent! The waitstaff was wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable without being intrusive. This was our first time at Sienna and definitely not our last!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Nick was our waiter. He was wonderful. Very helpful. Answered all our questions. Can't wait to comrade back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 8/30/2014The pizza was the best ever. Everyone in our party loved the food including dessert.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Consistently excellent food, great service. Comfortable yet classy. Have never ben disappointed. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Amazingamazinggrace2007Dined on 8/20/2014Absolutely amazing food and service. Extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableDineout2muchVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoy dinning at Siena any chance we get. Great food, excellent service combined with a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- NicholasDined on 8/19/2014Service and food were outstanding. My favorite restaurant in RI.!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual - not romantic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014The food was good but it was not a place to celebrate a romantic occasion like an anniversary. The noise level was very high and the ambiance was more in line with a casual dining experience. Also, the A/C was set to a point where we were shivering the entire evening. Go for a good Italian meal, bring a sweater and prepare to shout out your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena East GreenwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Our dinner experience at Siena was fantastic. The food is consistent, flavorful, and just exceptional. The service was excellent. Our server was professional, offering detail about specials and other menu items. The atmosphere is romantic, inviting and just relaxing for the evening. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Friends4everDined on 8/10/2014An old friend recently moved from Atlanta & we wanted to treat ourselves. Three of us enjoyed a antipasti platter of prosciutto, cheese, olives, nuts, crostini & fig jam. The waitress wisely suggested we include honeycomb. It was delicious, even if the cheese was barely a taste each. They are stingy with the antipasti portions (except for the olives). Our dinners were fabulous & the portions ample. Branzini with scallops, penne & grilled chicken with vodka sauce & boneless short ribs over risotto. Desert was chocolate bread pudding with crunchy toffee caramel sauce & vanilla gelato. It was plenty for the three if us. Our servers were knowledgeable & very attentive, without being intrusive. Sienna will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ SienatreborDined on 8/9/2014The evening was a complete success. Our table was waiting for us and the Waiter was ready to assist us. He explained the specials slowly and in detail. Our drinks came quickly and he gave us time to view the menu and make our choices. The food was outstanding. The portions were exactly right. I cannot be more happy with the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerExcellentDined on 8/9/2014Booked Siena for my wife's birthday. Staff are pleasant and efficient. Food was excellent and don't miss out on the desert. Nice night. Thank you Siena?Special Features:
- Wonderful diningPatchesDined on 8/9/2014The food was great as was the waitstaff. Was there for a special occasion and did not feel rushed as you do in many other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal spoiled by bratsRedsox9595Dined on 8/8/2014Meal and staff were fantastic as always. The only thing that ruined it was the table in the middle of the resturant full of screaming kids running around the resturant. I know this is not Siena's fault but to parents out there, please realize this is not chuck e cheese. This is a beautiful resturant where people go to relax or celebrate a special occasion ( girlfriends birthday) and they expect a certain level of quiet and comfort. Parents, do not bring your 4 and 5 year olds here on a Friday night at 8pm if they can't handle themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyCMKmovestoRIDined on 8/8/2014Great choices on the menu, great service, attentive. Delicious food and the best desert I have ever had! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, service, qualityPaulieWalnutsWIDined on 8/7/2014Fortunate to eat here twice in a week: once with five guys on a business dinner, 2nd time with fiancé on her birthday weekend. Both visits were great. Made reservations online both times. The food was great. I had a med-rare filet mignon first time and cioppino the second - steak was perfectly cooked and flavorful, and the seafood was fresh and the broth was great (ask for the hot oil to drizzle over if you like spicy). I'll be back and bringing friends. The staff was hustling but not in a bad way...felt like they were enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TessDined on 8/7/2014Great experience ! Food tasty, nice presentation ,great service .Special Features:
- love itdonnadeeDined on 8/7/2014Love is in the air. We were celebrating our anniversary. What a great place to do it! We enjoyed ourselves with every biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuttDined on 8/5/2014The unique antipaste selections were great. Our server was excellent and explained the specials with a distinct Italian flare that made them enticing. She even substituted the sauce on our dish to a scampi that was outstanding. Great spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locationisallDined on 8/2/2014Food was terrific; service was good; table was terrible. We were seated right across from busy kitchen door on an elevated level with the servers and staff working on computers literally two feet from our heads. This table should be taken out of service or saved for people without reservations who are desperate for a table and willingly accept the strange location. Not what you expect with an OPen Table reservation. We asked for a different table but were told it was only option unless we wanted to wait a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceSangriaGirlDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food and service along with a sophisticated decor. We were a party of six and enjoyed a perfectly paced dinner. Our only complaint was with the calamari which we found to be pale and lacked flavor. The men in our party also felt the portions could be a little largerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...againJosephinaDined on 7/29/2014We tried Siena again because so many people rave about it. Our best experience has been sitting at the bar with a fresh-baked pizza and a glass of wine. We reserved a table this last visit for our anniversary. The table wasn't ready, even though it was reserved. We were seated in the geometric room that has a lot of windows and a not very appealing view of the parking lot. That room is way over air conditioned and uncomfortable, not to mention too loud. It was hard to hear the people at our table. The table service has been like this each time we have reserved a table: slow & uncomfortable. Most disappointing was the food. Having just been to Italy, we were excited for some good Tuscan food. The food was mediocre American. BummerSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal and great serviceBeesKneesCYDined on 7/26/2014This is a beautifully decorated restaurant, and we were seated in a gorgeous area. That being said, there are a few awkward table placements. Stools and counter set-up was stuck out on my way to the bathroom, and a few two top tables next to the door that I would never want to be seated at. Food was superb - giant meatball was so good (shared), Cesar salad was cold and dressing was perfect. All entrees were very well-presented and tasted amazing. Not too pricy. Service was also excellent. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Great place for friends to meet for dinner, food is unbelievable and service was great (Kim) she went over and above !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBMJRVIPDined on 7/24/2014Siena was one of our favorite Providence restaurants. The year we moved from Massachusetts to the southern Rhode Island coast they opened the new location in East Greenwich. How lucky could we be. Still a favorite and closer. The food is wonderful with that great Tuscan flare.Special Features:
- Restaurant week menuCheckthebillDined on 7/18/2014After we had left the restaurant, we came to realize that because we had ordered from the restaurant week menu, that an 18% gratuity had ALREADY been added to our bill. Regretably, we ended up double tipping. It would have been a nice gesture for the server to either mention that the gratuity had been added to the bill when she presented it, or come clean when she realized we double tipped. Visited this restaurant the month with friends and we were overcharged for drinks that we did not order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerNaplesGalDined on 7/16/2014Two couples had dinner at Siena for a birthday celebration. The food was delicious and the wait staff was attentive. Even though it was restaurant week and they were very busy, we still had excellent service. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion. We have had dinner there several times in the past few years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSienaDinerDined on 7/15/2014As always my wife and I had a great meal with wonderful service. We will always return to Siena.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnermbc123Dined on 7/15/2014We dined at Siena to celebrate my birthday. We chose the East Greenwich location rather than Providence, which is closer to us, so that my mother, who is elderly and doesn't drive, could join us. We happened to dine during Restaurant Week, which was an added bonus. There was a good selection of restaurant week choices. The food was delicious and the service was attentive yet not obtrusive. We eat at the Providence location occasionally and will also add the East Greenwich location to our stable of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena RestaurantFrankieDined on 7/12/2014We have been to this location a number of times. We were seated in a very noisy section right outside the kitchen. We had friends in from Washington and wanted to catch up. The food was not as good as the regular menu. The calamari and Polpete were outstanding, but the Salmon and Lobster risotto would have benefitted from a sherry type sauce rather than the scallion. The portion of rice was tiny. Our waiter Sean was rather unattentive and did not return to check on our dessert order nor offer us coffee at the end of the meal. We will return with the regular menu. We were surprised that we were required to all eat off of the "Restaurant Menu". What would the harm have been if someone wanted to order a more expensive meal?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceIrwinpeartreeDined on 7/11/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner at Siena. The food wqas very good. My pork chp was done as I had requested, and was very tasty. My wife had salmon, and while it was also very good, she felt that the garnishes made the dish a little too rich. The service that we received from our waitress, Annie, was outstanding. She was helpful, responsive, and created a most fVORAB LE AMBIENCE FOR DINNER.
- Better than expectedpinda46Dined on 7/11/2014Had heard great reviews, but the food and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Everything, but seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I just wanted a nice quiet night out with my girlfriend and it was a date night dinner just the two of us and we get seated at a table no less than a foot away on each side of the table from two other couples. This wasn't what I wanted, I could hear every single conversation that went on between each table on both sides of us.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKateBirchDined on 7/10/2014Siena is our favorite restaurant, due to both the food and service. We have never had a bad meal and the waitstaff is always professional and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014As always, our meal at Siena was great. We love the restaurant and frequently eat here. The penne alla vodka, with the added chicken or shrimp, is a personal favorite of mine. I would highly recommend Siena East Greenwich!Special Features:
- Excellent food and great serviceDaveDined on 7/10/2014We were sat timely for our dinner. Our server, Jessica, was very personable and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bbacksoonDined on 7/8/2014Server was professional,knowledgeable and very handsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurants4funrestaurants4funDined on 7/5/2014Food was good. Service was very good. I wasn't happy with our table location, which was right across from busy kitchen door. I would return and hope for a better table.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysMimiDined on 6/28/2014While I originally attempted to reserve in Smithfield and could not get my requested time, I chose Ea.Greenwich and was happy I did. We sat in the "round room", had a wonderful wait person, and the food was delicious! The ambience in all three establishments is conducive to their locations, each one with a different flair. I like them all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Very good food. Interesting but not so overly creative as to be pretentious. Great service. Not smooth or obsequious, but direct, helpful and efficient. Well managed restaurant. An effort was made to reduce noise through wall and ceiling coverings that is much appreciated.Special Features: