1359 Lincoln Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienabistro.com/
- Phone: (408) 271-0837
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish
- Executive Chef: David Wiesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The patio(weather permitting) is available for private parties. Groups of up to 20 or up to 50 can be accommodated. The indoor restaurant can be rented out for groups of up to 20 or up to 45.
- Private Party Contact: David Wiesner 4082710837
A word from Siena Bistro
Siena Bistro is an intimate restaurant hidden behind Lincoln Avenue in downtown Willow Glen where you can dine with good friends or have a romantic evening. Enjoy the lovely patio for al fresco dining. Due to the location, Siena bistro is a "secret" to some people, but those who find it say it's like stepping into another world. A wide selection of salads, and pastas are offered with delicate, yet mouth watering flavors. Our friendly staff will help you decide between house favorites such as our fresh salmon, sole almandine or beef bourguignon. Well researched California and Mediterranean wines, are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Brioche Bread Pudding, Lemoncello Tiramisu or any of our house-made desserts would be a perfect ending to your dining experience.Continued
We hope to see you whether it is your first visit or you are one of our many regulars!
We hope to see you whether it is your first visit or you are one of our many regulars!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Siena Bistro - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Siena Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (47)special occasion (32)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (29)romantic (19)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Found Siena Bistro (new to SJ dining scene) online and couldn't be more pleased. Such a quaint, out-of-the-bustle place. Food was great, service was super great. Will definitely go back here.Special Features:
- Great dinnerWaltVIPDined on 11/7/2014We visited Siena to celebrate a friends birthday with a nice dinner. We were not disappointed, the funky décor was complemented by great food and very attentive service. The flatbread appetizer was amazing! The spectacular birthday candle display was a lot of fun. We will go back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Great 'Hide-away'Andiamo2manghiaDined on 11/7/2014This restauarant is accessed by the 'back-door' so to speak.. The enterance is off a parking lot; don't let that stop you from going. Great service, a nice wine selection, food prepared with care, and a very caring Manager.. The menu may be a little limited.. BUT, what they offer they do VERY WELL! Seating is a little close for comfort.. the outdoor patio is pleasing.. There are daily specials which add to your choices.. as the name suggests.. Siena.. Italian - Meditteranean.. a touch of various flavors.. a nice blend!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentHalcuptDined on 10/25/2014The fish dishes are outstanding and the other dishes never disappoint.Special Features:
- delightfulagag35Dined on 10/18/2014Our birthday celebration for 2 ladies wad delightful , thoroughly enjoyed by all and delicious.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceSingleSalesmanDined on 10/10/2014Siena Bistro has always been a perfect place to meet with friends and enjoy a nice selection of fresh and well-prepared food. I had a great dinner date last Friday evening. The salmon was perfectly seasoned and prepared the way I asked for. My date also enjoyed her entrée. The owner came to our table toward the end of the evening to inquire if everything turned out. He is always cordial and appreciates seeing regular customers enjoy themselves. I love the convenience of easy access from the parking lot. I look forward to my next trip soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena Bistro ExperienceWolfers2014Dined on 10/9/2014I have been to siena Bistro many times and each time I have been thrilled with the excellent service and the fantastic food. The owner/chef David and his server Joan go out of their way to make each dining experience memorable. I have recommended Siena Bistro to many of my friends.Special Features:
- Consistently Good4fordinnerDined on 10/8/2014My friends and I enjoy Siena Bistro as a local go-to location. The patio dinging is comfortable and inviting. The food is always above average and the servers are mature and very good at what they do.Special Features:
- Great LunchHostDined on 9/16/2014My wife, daughter and I had an al fresco lunch at Siena Bistro. We each had a different class of food, from salad to flatbread to trout. All the dishes were prepared with imagination, and served promptly from the kitchen. The only down side is that parking at lunchtime is awful. Siena is adjacent to a large parking lot, but that helps little when it is chock-a-block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Under The Tiny LightsiolavolaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I usually love this place, even though they serve only wine and beer, since I like a martini once in a while. However, I was disappointed this one time. I ordered a fish dish that was absolutely drenched and dripping in butter and the almondine crust was totally overcooked. I had to send the dish back and they brought me the same thing, only much better this time. The restaurant is very small and intimate with a rather small menu, but they usually pay attention to the dishes, so I was very surprised at the outcome this time. The service is excellent and the owner is usually on the premises if needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place for lunch or dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner at Siena Bistro. The service was excellent, and the food delicious. We had the salmon and filet of sole. Both dishes were very tasty, and nicely presented. We have had lunch here many times and always enjoyed it, so we decided to try their dinner. We are glad we did and we will be back.Special Features:
- This visit was excellentLRMBMWDined on 9/2/2014Sometimes this place is off. We have been there when they are out of the specials or dessert and make feeble excuses about the difficulty of running a restaurant. The new, to me, Specials 2 for one price menu is a good deal with good choices. Out waitress was excellent. The only thing that would have made it better is if Cindy had been working!! Sitting outside was better as the place can get VERY noisy sometimes.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchLunchladyDined on 8/19/2014Food, with the exception of the crab cake appetizer, was outstanding. The sauce was overpowering and one bite of the crab tasted off. The hazelnut ravioli was delicious and I would order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealHalcuptDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our dining experience ... as usual. One of the best restaurants in San Jose.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in Willow GlengrfindinWGDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed a lovely Friday evening dinner with friends out on the patio at Sienna. The server was pleasant, the food was good and priced fairly, and all four of us had a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Always reliableScollaDined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant for a dinner for one, a group or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly placeluvs2eatDined on 8/9/2014It gave us a feel of a family owned business. All the waite staff loved working there and wore a big smile. The fish meals we had were excellent. Loved the beat salad and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- lovely lunchhappydinerDined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely lunch at Siena. We sat outdoors, and it wasn't too hot nor too cold. The waiter was attentive, and the food great.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch with friendsOhSoGreatDined on 8/2/2014Place was nice, the service was top notch and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BC150VIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was not good at all. Server was friendly and cheerful and did a great job of selling the entrees. 4 of us dined there for the first time because we had 2 Passport cards. The server only discounted one entree but I didn't realize that until I got home. My pasta was terrible. Not spicy as it was described. My husband had the pork medallions and his was not good either. The other two people had the salmon (smelled terribly fishy) and the duck confit with pasta (odd dish with uncomplimentary ingredients...looked like a big mess and could not tell what it was). We will not be returning.
- Lunch WithDavidiolavolaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always enjoy Siena Bistro for both lunch and dinner. Very small restaurant but worth enjoying. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 545 reviews are from the Siena Bistro reviews archive.
- Perfectly cookedJulieYVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had the salmon and the sole almandine. Both were delicious and perfectly cooked. Chinese Snow Peas were so fresh, sweet, and absolutely perfectly cooked. The only slight miss: the rice pilaf tasted like cinnamon and I didn't care for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findlizziebeastDined on 7/18/2014We sat in the outdoor dining so the ambiance wasn't great but okay. Inside looks nicer for next time. I have a dairy allergy and when I mentioned it the waitress was immediately alert. She had the chef come and talk to us and he talked through all the options I had and how things could be altered. Very impressed. The rack of lamb was exquisite, the polenta could have been seasoned more and the duck was a close second to the lamb. Limited wine selection but adequate. Will come again.Special Features:
- JoeDDined on 7/17/2014I tried the beet salad for the first time and was very happy with it. My wife says their caeser is one of the best. Cedar plank salmon was perfectly prepared. Vegetable risotto had a great blend of flavors and textures and was creamy and delicious without being too heavy. The salted caramel gelato is a must. Owner maitre'd David was very friendly and humorous. Thanks for the great dinner!Special Features:
- Very nice spoteastcoastfoodieDined on 7/15/2014This is my second business/casual dinner at Sienna Bistro. The first time it was my guest's choice and the second was my choice. I think my second guest will likely bring his family in September. It was very nice. I had the sole almondine which was very tasty..(just a bit too oily for me). Very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena Bistro great local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014In a valley of over priced factory food, this fabulous local Willow Glen benefits from the daily oversight of owner / chef Dave and offers up some of the freshest menu items at truly reasonable prices. The Tuesday and Wednesday night standing dinner special for two is an outstanding value. Best Sole Almondine ever!!!!!!Special Features:
- Good food. Attentive OwnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Chicken Marsala and Angry Pasta were both very good. The chef/owner came by our table to check on everything, always a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemAHMHVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food and service is excellent. You couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:
- Nice Alfresco Lunch with Friends.TaxgddessDined on 6/27/2014The sole and salmon were excellent, as was the beet salad. Service was good in general but the waiter forgot to bring one of the desserts, the kitchen forgot to put the Brie on the ham sandwich and the coffee was cold. It appeared that our waiter was serving both inside and out on our Friday noon lunch. It was a good thing we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/25/2014I guess it may not be the best way to try out new restaurant from their midweek special (dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine for $55)?! As the special menu was very limited. Everything we tried was just so-so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014We recently celebrated an Anniversary at the Siena Bistro with another couple and we all had a delicious dinner! Our wait person was excellent and we used our Passport Card. The sole Almandine was perfectly cooked, my husband loved his rack of lam and the other gentleman was very happy with the steak he ordered! So nice to NOT have to go downtown for a very good dinner! And since it was our anniversary a musical candle arrived at the end of our meal and was colorful, fun and festive! We will definitely return to the Siena Bistro!Special Features:
- Love Siena Bistro!LauraJDined on 6/14/2014Great place, great food, great wine, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealPDCDDined on 6/12/2014Food was good, staff very nice. Small menu. $20 corkage for wine seems a bit excessive! The birthday surprise was very fun!!!!Special Features:
- Don't try to use Passport card hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2014Bought 2 entrees at lunch and the owner wouldn't accept our Passport card because we shared them!! What?? What does he care what we do with our food once it's served. He made a big deal about bringing out the rules and embarrassed us in front of other diners. I love this restaurant and have recommended it to many friends, but I will never go there again.
- Hidden gemNYvisitorDined on 6/10/2014David the owner is wonderful - sitting outside is a Must - really wonderful evening! Great service.Special Features:
- Local GenDrSocratesDined on 6/7/2014Truly a 5 star eating establishment. Only downside, it was a bit noisy - one group of 8 were having lots of fun. Not too bad in normal context but it was our Anniversary dinner and was distracting. Once the food came for 'them', the noise level was lessened. One more irritation, not with the restaurant but with OPEN TABLE. This reservation does NOT accrue points from OT. Turns out I got this several times on other establishments. Then why use OT? I think I will NOT for this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Siena BistroCandVVIPDined on 6/6/2014The food is excellent, the owner/chef and the staff have been there for a long time and know the menu very well. We always enjoy a lovely dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The portions are very small and overpriced. A simple brewed iced tea was $5.00. I had the scallop sandwich which contained only 4 scallops for $18.00. Although the outdoor dining atmosphere is quaint and intimate, the pricing is not in line with the quality and quantity.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!luckeygirlDined on 5/23/2014It's hidden behind Lincoln avenue and the fabulousness of it is appropriate being that it's a hidden gem!!! Love the house salad, although the others are more unique and spectacular. They go the extra mile with the food!!!! And the dessert, YUM!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshed menu and Great Tues DealSJRegularVIPDined on 5/21/2014They do a nice Special every Tuesday (and I think Wed). 2 Starters, 2 entrees and a bottle of wine from a limited menu for $55. They have also revised their menu with updated items. The food was great and the wine was solid for a deal like this. The wait staff was busy, so they forgot to tell us a few things which Dave updated us on and I'll pass on to the Open Table crowd. If you want to forgo the wine on the deal, you can get a $20 credit to something on their wine list or bring your own and they'll waive corkage. Also, the new dinner menu dropped the pork piccatta which we loved. Dave mentioned they are glad to make it as well as some of the other items that dropped off the menu (he kept the piccatta on the lunch menu).Special Features: