20 Sidney Street
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemeridiencambridge.com/sidneys
- Phone: (617) 494-0011
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Quinn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room setting separate from main restaurant features floor to ceiling windows and unique, commissioned wall murals. Suitable for corporate lunches, anniversary parties, rehearsal dinners, showers and more. Accommodates groups of up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 6175510306
- Cross Street: Massachusetts
- Public Transit: From Boston: Take MBTA red line to Central Square station. Exit to street, then cross Mass Ave. Go left 3 blocks & take first right after fire station onto Sidney Street. Walk down 1 block & entrance to Sidney's Grille is left on Green Street.
From Harvard Square-Alewife: Same as above except stay on same side of street upon exit.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Sidney's Grille offers parking in a garage located adjacent to the Hotel. For your convenience, valet parking is available at a discounted rate.
A word from Sidney's Grille
Innovative American Grille with a contemporary and eclectic setting for combining fresh flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sidney's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014we were seated and then left alone. Ultimately because no one came over to serve us we got up and left. Nobody noticed. The restaurant was virtually empty and there were other servers around.hopefully we were in the middle of a shift change or there was some other excuse. we can't rate the food because we never had any.
- Great serviceEatOutDined on 10/25/2014Sidney's Grille is impressive, especially as a hotel restaurant, for the service. Extremely well-served, with the sense that glasses are filled and dishes arrive with a subtle grace and very slight interruption to dinner conversation. A great recommendation for an off-menu t-bone steak alternative really was excellent. This is a really pretty good restaurant which is not very crowded, so a great place to go when you want to have a private dinner with great food and service.Special Features:
- ExcellentmartinmVIPDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food and service reasonably priced. For Boston, it was a pleasant surprise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected treatbroadstlocalVIPDined on 10/4/2014my wife and I had a great meal here. I had the fillet which was cooked perfectly and she had the smoked salmon which she really enjoyed. Overall it was a great value. The wine and beer definitely look to be a little overpriced, but the food was fairly priced. The service was great, but the place was completely empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet with good serviceEventConciergeDined on 8/1/2014The place was empty on a Friday night, and that's why we were able to get a last minute reservation. The scallops I ordered were a small portion (3) and covered with Chorizo and bacon, which wasn't t my liking, but maybe I just ordered the wrong dish. The filet seemed to be well prepared and the chocolate lava cake tasted funny. But the salted caramel ice cream dessert was yummy.Good Cappuciono! I loved the Smarties at the desk instead of mints. Le Meridian Hotel lobby was pretty. We sat facing the bar with several TVs, so it added a casual feel to the place. Good service. Pretty decor.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Sidney's Grille reviews archive.
- Good "Hotel" Restaurantiowadiners14Dined on 7/4/2014Our group of six had a very good experience with Sydney's Grille. We were staying in the hotel (Le Meridien, Cambridge) and it was a very rainy day, so we decided to avoid walking. We had a very good experience. Everyone in the group was very happy with their selection. We also had a drink about 11:00 PM the night before and the bartender was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Business LunchLivsVIPDined on 3/27/2014Sidney's Grille is great for a business lunch: the service is quick; the dining room has plenty of space and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat brunch/lunchLorraineDined on 1/18/2014Elegant surroundings, & food & service - what else would one need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go thereDomiVIPDined on 1/9/2014For the price food is mediocre and the service poor. The restaurant is big and I can see it is empty everytime I pass by. It is actually part of the Meridien hotel in Cambridge and probably only still opened because of that. If you walk a couple of minutes you can find much better restaurants in Central square in the same price range.
- Hotel restaurantPaolaDined on 7/30/2013Although the food and service were good, some energy and elegance is missing from this place given its prices. I asked for a specific champagne that they server was not sure they had. Although I have no major complaints, I would call it average at best.
- Dinner good, breakfast not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2013I have eaten here on two occasions, once for breakfast and once for dinner. It was very quiet for dinner but I guess it was out of season for visitors. Dinner was good; the lobster mac & cheese is definite recommendation ! I went back for breakfast (staying at hotel) and was very dissappointed. The prices were really expensive and the quality of food was pretty poor, especially for the price. I ordered a waffle which was really dry and stale-tasting. My husband ordered the eggs benedict and was also dissappointed. If I stayed at the hotel again, I would definitely look elsewhere for breakfast. On a positive note, the staff were wonderful !
- The restaurant ambience isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012The restaurant ambience is good. Tables are space out widely. Service is good. Food is average.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2012Unfortunately, the noise level is quite deafening! Other than that, everything was great
- Disappointed after readingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2012Disappointed after reading such good reviews. Nothing notable, food was luke warm at best.
- Fairly new restaurant in aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/16/2011Fairly new restaurant in a large, fashionably designed space, but with a dais with tables for a more intimate feel. The food and service were terrific.Special Features:
- A surprisingly good, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/3/2011A surprisingly good, fresh Sunday brunch buffet with made-to-order waffles, pancakes, and omelettes, fresh fruit, and pastries. Well worth the $18 price tag.Special Features:
- very very friendly staff..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011very very friendly staff.. homey.. interesting array of wonderful saladsSpecial Features:
- maitre d',manager and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011maitre d',manager and the whole staff was very nice. i wanted some of the real roasted bird,i was a little disappointed the desserts could have been a little better .Special Features:
- Thanksgiving buffet was superb!NatuScapeDined on 11/24/2011We were there for Thanksgiving at lunch time and the buffet was outstanding!! Will seriously consider it a strong contender against our home cooking. Options for appetizers left us making tough choices, but the apple cider pumpkin soup was excellent. The turkey was exquisite, and it was but one of four meat options, so all meat lovers were rejoicing. Desserts were great, with so many delicious options! It was very quiet at that time of the day and the serving stations were well laid out for everyone's enjoyment. Kudos on lots of healthier and vegetarian options. We were all especially delighted by the stuffing... it tasted like heaven!!!Special Features:
- Entrees don't come with sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2011Entrees don't come with sides ( have to pay extra). Lobster mac & cheese and pork tenderloin fine but seem expensive for what you are getting. Mostly empty on a Sunday night
- Sidney's Grille is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2011Sidney's Grille is wonderful place to have brunch! For only $17.50 per person, one can feast on a delicious buffet of eggs made-to-order, a variety of baked goods, fresh fruit, bacon, french toast, home fries and more! The restaurant is located in a beautiful hotel. The food is worth every penny!Special Features:
- The scenic view is urban butJohnDined on 8/14/2011The scenic view is urban but cool. The interior is very cool.Special Features:
- The staff was all very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011The staff was all very friendly and the food was OK, but service was disorganized. The kids chose the buffet while the adults had the menu, which was nice. Salads were creative and good. My salmon teriyaki was fine but unremarkable, and desserts were good. My wife's entree was overcooked and bland from sitting under a heat lamp for twenty minutes. And that was part of the problem. We got our drinks immediately, then had to wait twenty-five minutes for salads because things were "backed up." Then we had the long wait for entrees. And this happened while the place was half full. Open, loud, cafeteria-like ambiance. It's surely fine for casual dining in the neighborhood, but there are better options if you're making a trip.Special Features:
- Good for handicapped clientsdoneDined on 5/8/2011Good for handicapped clients since there is a ramp to get into the restaurant directly and a good amount of space between tables, so easy to maneuver a walker. Good breakfast/brunch buffet selection, but they were not prepared for the amount of people that came. Service was muddled and food trays stayed empty for long periods.Special Features:
- We were the only dinner customersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2011We were the only dinner customers in an empty space. It felt weird. We chose to eat here because of the proximity to the theater we were attending that night. I wouldn't go back, even though the food was fine.
- iSidney's is a barn of a spaceRubeVIPDined on 12/19/2010iSidney's is a barn of a space with a cafeteria like atmospher and a very rude wait staff. The food was good hotel grade with nothing special or memorable other than the terrible service and dreary atmosphere. We thought that a restaurant at a Le Merdian hotel would at least have an interesting menu and were shocked by the horrible attitude of the staff. Not worth a second trip.
- DON"T GO - Four of us arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2010DON"T GO - Four of us arrived at 6:PM on a Saturday nite and there was literally no one else there except staff. We hesitated but decided to stay- big mistake. The waiter was rude and surly. The greet told us to pick any table we liked (reasonable)but the waiter objected to where we sat down. We had to flag the waiter down at every junction, and coming back to check on the food, more drinks, etc. was out of the question. The final straw was that the waiter added a 20% gratuity to the bill! we walked the bill up to the bar to question it and were told the mistake was made because he "used the wrong computer!"
- We went here for brunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/18/2010We went here for brunch and got excellent oatmeal and very good eggs with salmon. The side order of toast was great, but the home fries were overly greasy and mushy. The only major concern we had was that the atmosphere wasn't the greatest -- there were only a handful of people in the restaurant, but the background music and the TVs playing in the background were way too loud. Still, overall, this was a pleasant experience -- and fairly priced, too.
- Food was good but ambianceChowHoundVIPDined on 9/18/2010Food was good but ambiance was like a cafeteria. Wouldn't go back.
- Great experience for upscalseOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/9/2010Great experience for upscalse (yet affordable) family breakfast. Plentiful buffet includes all made to order options and great Kids price. Will be back.Special Features:
- I made the reservation afterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2010I made the reservation after looking at their menu online. It looked so good. We walked in to the restaurant, and we were the only ones there! I was suprised because it seemed like a beautiful place! The server was attentive. And the food was great!!! Even my boyfriend who is a picky eater really enjoyed his steak (which you cant go wrong with!) I had the lobster mac and cheese, which I devoured!!! I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- I never understand why thisLove2eatDined on 12/31/2009I never understand why this restaurant with very good food and very reasonable prices is never crowded for dinner. Four of us had an excellent dinner there and the retaurant was nearly empty. The service was excellent (as always), the drinks were fine, and yet the dining room was empty. I recommend this restaurant for the food, the drinks and ambiance, and the service.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was non-pressured,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009The atmosphere was non-pressured, relaxed, and friendly. The food presentation was impressive in that it was on counters and tables around an open kitchen. Interested in cooking, I was able to meet the chef and even have a picture taken with him in front of the restaurant entrance. Lastly, the food made the meal. There were many more selections than the standard Thanksgiving fare. I particularly enjoyed the various seafood selections, asparagus flan with duck confit, sliced breast of turkey with marvelous stuffing, and finished off my meal with a small plate of fruit torte and pecan pie. The house red wine was unexpectantly smooth and tasty. Thanksgiving buffet at Sidney's Grille was a perfect choice.Special Features:
- The best holiday buffet we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2009The best holiday buffet we've ever been too. We're from Colorado and our typical brunch is typical food. Although there was the typical carving board of turkey, the giblet gravy and spiced yams were wonderful. There was this asperagus duck flan that was awesome and short ribs too. I heard the chef talking to a customer and that he used to work for MGM which might be the reason for such a nice eclectic offering. The restaurant itself is in the main dining/bar area of LeMeridien hotel but it's modern and the atmosphere was nie. Ended up spending Thanksgiving night at the hotel and it was a great room too. Had late night bite and drinks after a movie on Thanksgiving night and was really happy with the bartender and appetizers.Special Features:
- Nice place have gone for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/26/2009Nice place have gone for brunch for Thanksgiving 3 years now. Staff is always very good with kids and attentive to us.Special Features:
- Sidney's Grille has an expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2009Sidney's Grille has an expensive buffet brunch and the experience and service was TERRIBLE and one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had in Boston !!! The host was rude and yelled at his polite co-workers in front of guests. Then, as part of the buffet, you have to place your order at the egg/waffle/pancake station. The chefs couldn't remember anything you said to them and mixed up everyone's order. My friend had 2 omelettes - both of which were not what she ordered. Worse, guests have to pick up the food from the kitchen counter and do not know what is theirs so you end up waiting a LONG time for food. Our waiter gave us the bill before we even had our meals. DO NOT waste your money or your time here !!! Horrifying experience.
- Servers were unable to answerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2009Servers were unable to answer questions about the menu or make recommendations. Our server barely spoke to us the entire evening, and yet the restaurant was mostly empty (on a Friday night). However, the food was pretty good, and the complimentary platter of bread and dipping oils/hummus/garlic butter was a very nice touch.
- I never understand why thisLove2eatDined on 8/1/2009I never understand why this restaurant is not more crowded. The food is very good, service is excellent, and prices are reasonable. We have never been disappointed with a meal at the Sidney (and you can decide at the last minute that you want to dine there). I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- My overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2009My overall experience was enjoyable, but I think this is a better place for business lunches or a Mother's Day event rather than a party.
- Always had good food there.BonnieandDavidVIPDined on 5/16/2009Always had good food there. Never seen it busy. Went on a graduation weekend where other places would be too crowded and too noisy. Sidney's was perfect. Disappointed that Le Meridien took out all the cool MIT decorations and replaced it with typical hotel furnishings. Glad to see that the food wasn't also made blander.Special Features: