101 E King Street
East Berlin, PA 17316Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantsidney.com/
- Phone: 7172591319x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three separate dining rooms with working fireplaces are available for private parties.
We work with you to customize the menu for your celebration and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth 7172591319x
A word from Sidney
If you treasure Fine Dining, Restaurant Sidney is fast becoming considered the most unique restaurant experience in the area. Featuring Modern American cuisine, an historic tavern, fresh seafood, top quality steaks, homemade desserts, outdoor seating and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sidney - Best Restaurants in East Berlin ›
Sidney reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (44)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (18)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fabulous for FoodiesLovegoodfoodDined on 7/26/2014I would highly recommend Sidney, especially if you are a 'foodie' - you will LOVE the creativity of the preparation of the food (as it is said, you eat with your eyes first) =) ....... they treat the food with love ~ you can tell with each delicious bite you take!!Special Features:
- Still very goodJasperDined on 7/22/2014Our most recent visit to Sidney was very good. They were not busy, however, which is of concern to us.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 7/22/2014we were greeted and seated with a friendly welcome. the menu while small, had enough variety. It was excellent. One of the best meals I've had. I got the salmon with Maryland blue crab, my husband got the trout. Dessert is on the expensive side for the portion but it was delicious. The waitress was friendly and explained the menu substitutions and answered our questions. The only downside was the noise from the occasional truck that would fly by since it does sit along the street. They weren't numerous so it wasn't hard to deal with. We will definitely visit Sidney again.Special Features:
- Great food, servers should be equalemkniselyDined on 7/19/2014This is one place where the food is exceptional just needs to have well trained servers. Our server was a nice young man but lacked every skill of a good server you would expect in a restaurant serving this quality of food. Nothis fault, rather the manager or owners. He not only did not know much of the food served, he couldn't even fake it. And he couldn't make any recommendations on drinks because he was not of legal age. The enjoyable experience was strictly the wonderful food and our guests. We only saw him once more to ask if we wanted dessert and then waited for quite sometime again for the check after we had dessert. Nice young man but should have never been serving at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely LunchFoodofileFrankVIPDined on 7/18/2014I'd been wanting to visit Sydney for some time, but its location in East Berlin means we have to travel through York to get there (always a disincentive). Nonetheless we went, we saw, we tasted and we enjoyed our Sydney experience. My lunch started with the celeriac soup which was cream based, had a mushroom garnish and just a hint of Tabasco sauce to warm the back of the throat...delicious! I also ordered the pasta special with chicken, more mushrooms and a cream based sauce, also extremely tasty. Mil and I split the carrot cake for dessert. Note: this restaurant has its own pasty chef. The carrot cake was created in layers. The filling was almost like eating a creamy cheesecake. Presentation with a sweet carrot purée...great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightjadfoodDined on 7/17/2014We had a great experience with our group. We have come often. There was a chicken half (deboned) not on the menu as a substitution for a pork dish. We thought we would give it a try and it was unbelievable. I can honestly say it was the best piece of chicken I have ever tasted. Wine selections were great. Server was just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!!HanoverdinerDined on 7/15/2014Beautiful seasonal restaurant menu with great combination of ingredients Always save room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney experienceRedPollyDined on 7/11/2014Very enjoyable. Service was attentive. Would of preferred seating in dinning area. Food was well prepared. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food, service, and cocktail. Perfect restaurant for fine dining or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemJasperDined on 7/1/2014Sidney is a great place for a last-minute treat or a special occasion with friends. Who would think that tiny East Berlin would house this fine dining experience? We visit Sidney regularly and appreciate the menu selections, ambiance, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendsetter for central PAEdw123VIPDined on 6/28/2014Far and away best restaurant experience in memory for this area that we frequently visit due to family ties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Summer Dinnersalud79Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a friend's birthday dinner at Sidney. The food was amazing and unique as expected. Fish and meat entrees were delicious, but all of us really enjoyed fresh salads as part of a first course. Eating out on the terrace was a bonus further complimenting our experience. All staff were very friendly and helpful. We look forward to a return and a chance to see the tavern.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysDzach175Dined on 6/28/2014Sidney never disappoints. We recommend it to everyone. We always order whatever fish is on the menu as it is always perfectly prepared with excellent sauces. The grilled tequila marinated shrimp was a favorite this time. There is always something new and surprising to try. Be bold and try something new to you on the menu... You'll be glad you did. And.... Don't ever skip dessert...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- predictablegreatDined on 6/26/2014We always have high expectations when choosing to dine at Sidney. We have never been let down. Food is always great with great presentation. Outdoor dining is challenged by road noise but it is what it is. We had another great evening at Sidney. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner42Dined on 6/25/2014Delicious food, great service, always consistent and a pleasure to dine at Sidney'sSpecial Features:
- Surprising gem!Foodie13Dined on 6/25/2014Our first time out to celebrate our anniv. and we cannot wait to return. We are so glad we took the drive out to East Berlin. Although it has a somewhat casual atmosphere, it was romantic. The waitress was an absolute doll, service was impeccable. From the unique bread, to the incredible mix of flavors in the appetizers and the beautiful presentation of the main course, I must say, Sidney is a hidden gem! This had to be hands down the best cut of duck I have ever eaten. The sides were just mouth watering as well. And finally a restaurant who gets a little creative with desserts too. Perfect from beginning to end and a must try for anyone who hasn't been there yet. It's off the beaten path, but well worth it! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- SandyDined on 6/24/2014Food excellent and wait staff was charming and efficient. Would highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- The best food in the areaBardDined on 6/21/2014Locally sourced produce, fresh seafood, great staff, and lovely atmosphere. What else does one need except to be with loved ones.Special Features:
- Outdoor DelightloveroflocalseasonalDined on 6/14/2014It was a wonderful way to celebrate 40- with great friends, great food, great drinks outside on a summer evening. The meal and service were excellent up until dessert. Desserts were just so-so and I've always been disappointed by what appears to be low-fat milk served with the coffee. Wine selection and cocktails were fabulous. Fish is always a start at Sidney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS TAVERN CUISINEsherbearDined on 6/11/2014We have gone to Sidney for special occasions in the past. The food has always been high end and delicious. However, received an email from Sidney stating that Wednesdays are Burger nights in their tavern. Everything was very reasonable. Had planned to eat out on the patio but there were tornado warnings so ate in Tavern itself. Went with friends and they loved it as much as we did. the highlight was the potato crisps with Blue Cheese. This was an appetizer but there was more than enough for four to share. I would go back for that alone. Plan to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Dinner at SidneyLuvgoodrestaurantsDined on 6/10/2014Excellent food and its presentation made it a wonderful special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Our go-to placejme90VIPDined on 6/7/2014Everyone in our family loves Sidney. We appreciate that they have a regular menu and a pub menu, both of which are available no matter where you sit in the restaurant. This is the kind of place where you can wear jeans and sit in the pub or dress up and enjoy dinner in the dining room. And make no mistake: The food and service are top-notch. The burger, hands down, is the best I've ever had -- homemade roll, homemade pickles, homemade fries, and a well-seasoned patty. Add some goat cheese and bacon and you'll be in heaven. The entrees, too, are exceptional. The menu changes but some recent favorites include an incredible pork chop, a potato-crusted salmon, and a wonderful haddock in a dill cream sauce. Go soon. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemCraigVIPDined on 5/23/2014We were surprised, to find such a nice restaurant in East Berlin, PA. Located in a historic building, we enjoyed lunch on a quiet Friday afternoon. We each had a bowl of pureed corn soup drizzled with olive oil. I could have just had another bowl and stopped there but I continue on with a savory rueben sandwich while my wife had a BBQ sandwich. Both sandwiches were great though I'd have enjoyed seeing a bit more creativity in the lunch menu. We are looking forward to trying Sidney for dinner and also checking out their Gettysburg location.
- good foodZaLuMaDined on 5/17/2014Went here to celebrate my son's graduation from Gettysburg. Food was excellent. We were seated in the bar area -which was noisier than the main dining roomSpecial Features:
- Consistent Best Food and ServiceFinedinerDined on 5/10/2014Great food, fine service as always. Amazing ability to create new dishes and the presentation makes each dish a special pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top of the line cuisinetruthmaniaDined on 5/10/2014South Central PA is fortunate to have Sidney. A true dining experience. Well worth the drive for delectable dishes and exquisite presentation. Service hit just the right balance of attention despite every table filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a hit with my in laws!MrshawkDined on 5/10/2014This was our second recent visit to Sidney - went with my in laws, brother in law and his SO. They all enjoyed the food and the overall ambience of the restaurant and my MIL was given a special treat since it was her birthday. Great time!Special Features:
- An ExperiencePcnerdDined on 5/10/2014Each visit is always an exceptional experience! They have a way of making eating out a memorable and enjoyable one! THe food is always exceptional and the service is tremendous! We come from Lake Meade and often spread the word about Sidney and how great it is!Special Features:
- Always dependable!HorsedocDined on 5/8/2014Sidney is one of our fav. spots for either a quick, light meal or a full gourmet dinner. The wine list and menu are extensive and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney DiningCraigDined on 5/6/2014We have gone to Sidney in East Berlin for a number of times and reasons. The food here is excellent and the service is very nice. If you'd like to take a friend or another couple out, this is the place to show off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fist visit, not last.Luv2EatDined on 5/3/2014Food and service was outstanding. Food was perfectly prepared, delicious and beautiful. Service was quick, but not rushed. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- charming character exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014A rare find in a rural setting. Limited menu leads to perfection. Quality service with a private ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveNonameDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food, drinks and service. I recommend the prime rib myself. They get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningtablefor4Dined on 4/26/2014Great, great food. Excellent in everyway, service without fault, great meals cooked to order with beautiful presentation, you just want to look at it until your first bite. A full 3 course meal is somewhat expensive, but you shall not soon forget it.ENJOY!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wondrous treat!NikonJebDined on 4/24/2014Being a little older and having traveled quite a bit, we have food and ambiance standards higher than most. We found Sidney to be a rare find with high end food & service in a most warm and comfortable surrounding. Their staff is excellent, with the added delight of being obviously happy with what they bring to your dining experience. I recommend Sidney whole-heartedly to everyone looking for an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious ... As usualDzach175Dined on 4/23/2014Sidney is our go-to place.....especially for special occasions. Food is always delicious, unique, and adventurous . Be sure to try something that you would never try before....you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPerfectionDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I came here for the first time for our anniversary dinner. It was spectacular . The for was great. The service was the best. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's pricy but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid stellar SidneyFoodieDined on 4/18/2014Sidney, the stalwart standout. The East Berlin original remains an exceptional treat. We make the hour-long drive for lunch every month or two. The bar handles cocktails, craft beer and wine with equal aplomb. My wife's martini was outstanding and I was thrilled with the Victory Hop Devil on tap. Webster's does not provide enough adjectives for their world-class blue cheese chips. The burger is an amazing balance of flavor and texture. The staff continues to provide that perfect balance of knowledge, attention and style. East Berlin, you don't have any idea how lucky you are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is so good ! GreatHanoverdinerDined on 4/12/2014Everything is so good ! Great selection of fresh fish and seafood! Just make sure you save room for dessert!Special Features:
- RegularCarmenDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I love this place, it's our main go to for special dinners. We feel like we are far far away from home and reality during our visit. Food is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.