101 E King Street
East Berlin, PA 17316Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantsidney.com/
- Phone: 7172591319x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three separate dining rooms with working fireplaces are available for private parties.
We work with you to customize the menu for your celebration and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth 7172591319x
A word from Sidney
If you treasure Fine Dining, Restaurant Sidney is fast becoming considered the most unique restaurant experience in the area. Featuring Modern American cuisine, an historic tavern, fresh seafood, top quality steaks, homemade desserts, outdoor seating and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sidney - Best Restaurants in East Berlin ›
Sidney reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (39)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (16)good for groups (11)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Just OK!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I wouldn't return, was OK. Not my cup of tea! Nothing wrong, I had a wonderful time with my wife, 29th Anniversary. Food just was not our cup of tea.Special Features:
- Great food but....BardDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant is plagued with loud and seemingly heavy drinking rude diners. The noise level can really ruin the otherwise terrific food and service. Maybe the volume is lower on week nights, but it is terrible on Friday and Saturday evenings.Special Features:
- wonderful dining experienceCeceliaDined on 10/24/2014We dine at Sydney several times a month. It's always the same wonderful wait staff, bartender, hostess and lets not forget the food. It never disappoints. We generate the most noise!! It's a lively, fun place to have great food & feel comfortable while dining.Special Features:
- Busy working MomBusyWorkingMomDined on 10/23/2014Sydney is an excellent restaurant. The service is excellent and you wouldn't expect to find this kind of menu in East Berlin, Adams County, Pennsylvania. The atmosphere is very nice: the tavern dates back to the 1700s. The proprietors capitalize upon the age of the property to provide a unique ambience for lunch, dinner and pub food. This is definitely worth checking out if you haven't been there before. The prices are higher than other restaurants around this area but there are VERY few if any comparable spots. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Level (above)treehuggerDined on 10/22/2014I had to laugh. I hope it was moderate but I suspect my sister, her good friend and I were well above moderate at times. But "energetic" to me implies that everyone was a tad loud. They were quite sedate.Special Features:
- Always Great.SabrinaDined on 10/18/2014Always a great experience with food and dining quality and consistency. This place is worth the 30 minute drive through the country.Special Features:
- Simply Wonderful!SatisfiedCustomerDined on 10/18/2014This place did not disappoint! Beautiful old house-turned quaint restaurant, impeccable service and amazing food. We hear the menu changes from time-to-time which is also fun. We ordered 2 appetizers, (prawns and patte), monkfish and T-bone steak as the main course and an amazing desserts. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly!! And we were surprised to be welcomed with champagne and a happy anniversary greeting when we arrived. (A friend had called to give them the heads up, but the champagne was on the house). I will recommend this place to anyone looking for a special occasion spot! For our whole meal plus drinks it was $125 before tip, so pricy but not outrageous for what you get! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intriguing MenuPrivateDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at Sidney's several times over the last couple of years and found the menus to have seasonal and interesting offerings to choose from. Presentation is always exceptional and pleasing to the eye. The entrées are very palatable and the decision can be difficult to make a choice. The pate is a winner every time. Service is good and friendly. Cocktails are on the small side. The setting is comfortable but with a full house the noise level can be difficult to converse with anyone at the table.Special Features:
- Just OKLuv2eatDined on 10/17/2014We waited for are drinks and then waited to order. We ordered the house salad, $8 for a plate of greens only. The main course was good but small. We won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Top Notch!Foodie13Dined on 10/14/2014This has to be one of the BEST restaurants in a 50 mile radius. The service here is fantastic, very prompt and friendly. The chef is beyond creative. Incredible goat cheese salad, hands down the best cut of duck EVER! Who knew how amazing a bacon wrapped date could be. Not a single complaint here. LOVE this place and cannot wait to be back!Special Features:
- great foodshorthairDined on 10/11/2014Once again the food was outstanding. The only hiccup was our server seemed a little "new". The pace of food from the kitchen was also off pace. To be honest the restaurant was packed. Again, we will be back SOON! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceHistoryBuffDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I both had prime rib. It was very good. The Chef does an excellent job working with herbs. The waitress was very accommodating and helped us share a very rich desert (that was quite good). Dining at Sidney is always memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, as usualDzach175Dined on 10/4/2014Food and service were both wonderful, as usual....only negative this evening was that there was a large group there, 12 people, and it was loud enough that our table of there was unable to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Syndey has been one of our favorite places to eat. We had a bad experience about a year ago and stayed away for awhile and had several great meals until this last one. There were few patrons in the restaurant but the service was very slow! We waited long periods of time for each phase of the dining. The food was okay, not outwtanding as usual. I had a NY strip steak and it was good but the greens were almost impossible to eat as they were dry and tough. My wife had a good prime rib but the side dishes were just so. She waited a half hour for her salad. It seems we have a bad experience when they are short on help, which they shared with us, and we suspect it was indeed the chef??
- Another wonderful experiencelocalbuzzDined on 9/18/2014Once again, Sidney proves they are the best restaurant in the Greater Harrisburg, York PA area. The food is always exquestite and they make you feel warm and welcome. Don't mis out on the best kept secret in town.Special Features:
- Pleasing to the MaxTBoneGrillmanDined on 9/13/2014Quaint old home setting creates a proper mood for vigilant servers to bring the finest cuisine to your table. The recommended wine selection paired nicely with the meal. Many return, all send friends.Special Features:
- Delicious and creativemegcelluDined on 9/13/2014Although a pricey restaurant, there are few like it in our area! Even my teenagers found things to like. Cocktails with fresh ingredients, meals with in season veggies and creative sauces. Love it!Special Features:
- Worth the driveentmacDined on 8/23/2014Our favorite restaurant. Old colonial charm and amazing chef. We have been here three times and each time is better than the amazing last time!Special Features:
- ExceptionalvisitorDined on 8/23/2014I had trout which was deboned and very good; but the thinly sliced potatoes and the herb sauce were exceptional. My wife had the steak which was also very good. This was one of the best fish meals I have had in years. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PagigiPagigiDined on 8/22/2014Have always enjoyed this restaurant, the food, the wine list, the friendly service. Now that we are moving into the area, we expect to become regulars at this lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney Special Night DiningCraigDined on 8/19/2014If you are looking for a place to celebrate a special event in your life, Sidney in East Berlin is the place to make reservation. The food up upper class with just the right portions and the wine list is excellent. I would recommend Sidney for special events, meetings, or even a casual get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gemmnkyboyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was great!! I wasn't sure what to expect but the food was really good! We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal. A+ atmosphereCALOVEDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed Sidney completely! Certainly worth checking out. Will visit again! Will try to reserve beautiful outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TillieDined on 8/16/2014Always have a great meal at Sidney's. No matter what we pick from. Tavern fare or regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014I go here regularly and will continue to. The food is consistently wonderful, creative and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding servicelocalgalDined on 8/2/2014Our party of 5 had two small children. Our waiter did everything he could to make their food experience a good one.Special Features:
- OutstandingTD02Dined on 8/2/2014Our anniversary dinner was a special occasion and Sidney's made sure that it was, including a complimentary glass of champagne. The food and ambience were outstanding and our server Sarah was one of the best servers we have ever had. Thank you!Special Features:
- Our OasisSabrinaDined on 7/29/2014This place is amazing! My finicky folks loved it and made me promise we'll come back for their anniversary dinner. Fine dining with great prices in the middle of farm country. What more could you ask for? It's worth the drive! And the oysters are incredible too!Special Features:
- Fabulous for FoodiesLovegoodfoodDined on 7/26/2014I would highly recommend Sidney, especially if you are a 'foodie' - you will LOVE the creativity of the preparation of the food (as it is said, you eat with your eyes first) =) ....... they treat the food with love ~ you can tell with each delicious bite you take!!Special Features:
- Still very goodJasperDined on 7/22/2014Our most recent visit to Sidney was very good. They were not busy, however, which is of concern to us.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 7/22/2014we were greeted and seated with a friendly welcome. the menu while small, had enough variety. It was excellent. One of the best meals I've had. I got the salmon with Maryland blue crab, my husband got the trout. Dessert is on the expensive side for the portion but it was delicious. The waitress was friendly and explained the menu substitutions and answered our questions. The only downside was the noise from the occasional truck that would fly by since it does sit along the street. They weren't numerous so it wasn't hard to deal with. We will definitely visit Sidney again.Special Features:
- Great food, servers should be equalemkniselyDined on 7/19/2014This is one place where the food is exceptional just needs to have well trained servers. Our server was a nice young man but lacked every skill of a good server you would expect in a restaurant serving this quality of food. Nothis fault, rather the manager or owners. He not only did not know much of the food served, he couldn't even fake it. And he couldn't make any recommendations on drinks because he was not of legal age. The enjoyable experience was strictly the wonderful food and our guests. We only saw him once more to ask if we wanted dessert and then waited for quite sometime again for the check after we had dessert. Nice young man but should have never been serving at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely LunchFoodofileFrankVIPDined on 7/18/2014I'd been wanting to visit Sydney for some time, but its location in East Berlin means we have to travel through York to get there (always a disincentive). Nonetheless we went, we saw, we tasted and we enjoyed our Sydney experience. My lunch started with the celeriac soup which was cream based, had a mushroom garnish and just a hint of Tabasco sauce to warm the back of the throat...delicious! I also ordered the pasta special with chicken, more mushrooms and a cream based sauce, also extremely tasty. Mil and I split the carrot cake for dessert. Note: this restaurant has its own pasty chef. The carrot cake was created in layers. The filling was almost like eating a creamy cheesecake. Presentation with a sweet carrot purée...great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightjadfoodDined on 7/17/2014We had a great experience with our group. We have come often. There was a chicken half (deboned) not on the menu as a substitution for a pork dish. We thought we would give it a try and it was unbelievable. I can honestly say it was the best piece of chicken I have ever tasted. Wine selections were great. Server was just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!!HanoverdinerDined on 7/15/2014Beautiful seasonal restaurant menu with great combination of ingredients Always save room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney experienceRedPollyDined on 7/11/2014Very enjoyable. Service was attentive. Would of preferred seating in dinning area. Food was well prepared. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/10/2014Excellent food, service, and cocktail. Perfect restaurant for fine dining or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 464 reviews are from the Sidney reviews archive.
- Neighborhood GemJasperDined on 7/1/2014Sidney is a great place for a last-minute treat or a special occasion with friends. Who would think that tiny East Berlin would house this fine dining experience? We visit Sidney regularly and appreciate the menu selections, ambiance, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendsetter for central PAEdw123VIPDined on 6/28/2014Far and away best restaurant experience in memory for this area that we frequently visit due to family ties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Summer Dinnersalud79Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a friend's birthday dinner at Sidney. The food was amazing and unique as expected. Fish and meat entrees were delicious, but all of us really enjoyed fresh salads as part of a first course. Eating out on the terrace was a bonus further complimenting our experience. All staff were very friendly and helpful. We look forward to a return and a chance to see the tavern.Special Features: