Sidney at Willoughby Run
730 Chambersburg Rd.
Gettysburg, PA 17325Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sidney at Willoughby Run
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sidneywilloughbyrun.com/
- Phone: 7173343774x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms capacities ranging from 20 people to 200 people.
Excellent views of Gettysburg National Park.
Outdoor events poolside available.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth Eberly 7173343774x
A word from Sidney at Willoughby Run
Chef Annis brings his culinary skill to an ever-changing menu with a focus on fresh, local products. Only two miles west of the square along route 30, Sidney Willoughby Run serves elegant fare with an expansive view and outdoor seating directly on the grounds of the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg. An elegant ballroom awaits your next function with on- staff event planners catering to your every need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sidney at Willoughby Run - Best Restaurants in Gettysburg ›
Sidney at Willoughby Run reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (63)great for outdoor dining (62)scenic view (58)special occasion (55)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (20)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- This place was fabulous!!BeeMilliganDined on 8/22/2014Nick was great waiter, very attentive! Good was outstanding! Thanks for a GREAT nite!!Special Features:
- Not long for this world!FoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was lovely & well prepared. But the service was terrible because the staff was not well trained, didn't know what items were available. Took much too long for items to arrive, etc. The place will not survive this terrible time & will soon be gone. Gettysberg is not a place that will support this kind of incompetence.
- A perfect eveningEllenDined on 8/16/2014Just go to Sidney at Willougby Run! The menu is creative with the highest quality food; the service is excellent. You will have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!foodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second time here and it was better than the first time!Special Features:
- Creative MenuBucksFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Were visiting Gettysburg and happened upon this restaurant, which distinguished itself with a creative menu that offered variety and distinguished tastes. From broccoli tempura to tender duck to rockfish, the chef and his team nailed every dish.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy dining at Sidney's (Gettysburg/East Berlin). We were very fortunate dining outdoors - weather was perfect and enjoyed the wild life (hawk) that came an rested on the roof. Servers are very knowledgeable concerning the food/wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wifes birthdaymerlinscofee21014Dined on 8/9/2014the food was great and the service excellent i would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a good meal at a vert scenic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Romantic SettingearlybirdDined on 8/9/20142 of us went for dinner 7pm Saturday night - ate outside on a large porch area overlooking large lawn/garden area, very pretty. Husband and I shared 1 'plate to share' (mac/cheese/crab), 1 'small plate' (Spanish grilled Octopus) and 1 'large plate' (Rockfish), had 2 cocktails each - food was excellent quality, very well prepared and presented, plenty for the 2 of us, and the bill (before tip) was under $100 - what more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great Addition in GettysburgWeaversDined on 8/9/2014This was my 3rd time at Sidney's at Willoughby Run in Gettysburg. I love the interesting food options and the great atmosphere in their bar. I have never eaten outside on the terrace but that looks very inviting as well. No matter where you sit, you have a beautiful view. What a nice change from the other "touristie type" restaurants in Gettysburg. Great for a special occasion or just a nice place for drinks and a snack. They have a great selection of both small and large plates and even plates to share. I highly recommend the Crab Mac & Cheese and the Salmon Salad.Special Features:
- Wedding Reception DinnerHungryNurseDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I did a small intimate wedding at The Beechmont and were recommended this restaurant for after the ceremony. When we arrived, we were very happy with the location and the look of the restaurant. Immediately we noted that the staff was all young kids, late teens, early twenties, no adults around. We did not receive a special table that we had requested. The menu was interesting, you do get a lot of food, so don't over order and there is no bread offered. We sat for more than 10 minutes before we even got our drinks. The "kids" were running around and seemed busy, despite the place being almost dead. The food was incredible, presented well, so yummy but overpriced. I might go back but only for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestMimiDined on 8/7/2014Sidney's is the best restaurant around. Chef is always coming up with great new dishes. The wait staff is very attentive. Wish I could dine here every night.Special Features:
- Sidney at Willoughby RunCraigDined on 8/7/2014If you are interested in eating outside with a nice quiet atmosphere, try Sidney for lunch during the week Monday thru Friday. The outside dining is excellent with little or no noise to conflict with your conversations. The wine and food choices were very good as well. We are looking forward to our next quiet afternoon dining outside on the patio.Special Features:
- Bud1VIPDined on 8/5/2014Great as Usual! Always a new dish to try. Great vegetables.Special Features:
- Lovely gem outside GettysburgExperimentalFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was a great restaurant to stop at while visiting Gettysburg. If you want to sit outside, make sure to note in your reservation ahead of time. Also, there are no cabs so plan to drive! Otherwise the food was inventive, delicious, seasonally appropriate and the wait staff was accommodating and nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food, Great Priceemip91Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I came here for dinner on our recent trip to Gettysburg. I especially liked it because it was not full of tourists and was very relaxed. It is a country club, which my boyfriend didn't realize so he was a little under dressed, but they didn't say anything and treated us the same as every other guest. The view outside was beautiful but the dinning room we were in seem a little confused as there was no real decoration and only some of the tables had table clothes on them - we heard another couple complain they were seated at an unclothed table. But overall, very good, great service, fabulous food, and killer cocktails.Special Features:
- MADE US FEEL SPECIALelsworthDined on 8/2/2014Great meal, great service, and they made our 39th anniversary very specialSpecial Features:
- AmazingTravelerDined on 8/1/2014This is a hidden gem. The food portions are not large but the taste was beyond expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standardssamiamDined on 8/1/2014Sidney at Willoughby Run is a fine dining companion to their East Berlin restaurant. As always the service was impeccable, and the food was very, very good. For me the crab macaroni did not work. Not cheesy enough for me and I think a side of stewed tomatoes would help it. Everything else was very good. My friend had the best burger she has ever had. I had a pork tenderloin cooked to perfection. This was my first time at Willoughby Run and I can see how it makes a great wedding location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/24/2014Every bite was delicious and the staff exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gettysburg GemjgbrosDined on 7/23/2014The Syndey at Willoughby Run is located at the old site of the Gettysburg Country Club which ensured scenic surroundings and delivered a bucolic feast. The restaurant was opened by a chef taking the opportunity to provide a fine dining venue. The service staff was energetic and professional which just enough casual pleasantry to provide a light atmosphere. The food was excellent a menu driven by daily fresh market fare. Dinner started with a nice amuse bouche, I had organic pork with spinach and an excellent spaetlze and my excellent companion had monkfish over fresh vegetables. Both were perfect I must say. A small but excellent wine list completed the main course. An excellent dark chocolate finished the meal. Excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent, generous cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al Fresco GemUncleJeffDined on 7/18/2014We were so delighted with our experience at Sidney's that we asked our waitress halfway through dinner who we needed to talk with to make reservations for the following night. Alas, they had a wedding then, so we settled for a great lunch instead! Food was delicious, beautifully presented, creative and interesting. We now have a new favorite in Gettysburg!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencebarbcDined on 7/16/2014Since it was an absolutely beautiful evening, we ate outside, overloooking part of the battlefield. I was a bit dissappointed in the ambience indoors so I was very glad to choose outdoor seating. The waitstaff was extremely attentive to my husband and I, and accomodated my Gluten Free diet. I let them know in advance and they were ready for me. They had some wonderful GF breads and they made their own GF pasta-a nice surprise! The Chef actually prepared a dish,not on the menu, to accomodate me. The food was fresh, looked and tasted delicious. I can't say enough good things about our waitress. She was patient,knowledgeable and could not do enough to please us. It was a wonderful experience that I highly recommend. But try to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bud1VIPDined on 7/9/2014The food here is amazing. The Chef keeps coming up with great specials you find no where else. Even his sister restaurant should take his restaurant advice. But he owns both! Outside dining is a treat.Special Features:
- Eclectic menu which changes oftenBigRedDined on 7/5/2014And incorporates local produce and fruit with elegant presentation and inventive preparation. All in all an enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative and delicious!JillyjillVIPDined on 7/5/2014We visited on Sat. July 5th and had oysters, pate, pan-roasted chicken, pork chop, and smoked trout dishes. While the trout with fresh pea blintz was scrumptious and the pork was impossibly tender & juicy, the chicken & pate (app) dishes were real stand-outs. Memorably good, perfectly seasoned, & artfully presented with the tastes and colors of summer. The crispy, yet tender chicken was served with the most yummy minted pea ravioli -- so perfect that I could have eaten a whole bowl of nothing else! The chef likes Chinese five-spice a bit too much, but otherwise has a fantastic palate. The amuse was fab, but skip the gummy, tasteless "strawberry ball" mignardise. The other desserts (chocolate trio and Paris breast) were worth every calorie!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceLaurenDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I had his birthday dinner at Sidney at Willoughby Run. He had the baked chicken entree, I had the rockfish. Both were a feast for the eyes and the palate, and we enjoyed them immensely. The service--our server was Edmund--was also impeccable. We highly recommend Sidney.Special Features:
- Awesome findGettysburgDined on 7/2/2014Best restaurant in Gettysburg. Awesome food, and knowledgeable staff. Portions are perfect. Selections are very interesting and tasty, nice outside atmosphere. Priced right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDaveBDined on 6/28/2014Had dinner on the porch overlooking what was once a battlefield, but now a nice green pasture with woods in the background. Food was outstanding (especially the snapper over gnocchi and sausage). Careful and attentive service.Special Features:
- We were so disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Of the few restaurants that appeared to be above bar fare, this one seemed to be one of the few restaurants with a unique menu. I chose to overlook the multiple reviews that shared how poor the service was and odd the location was for a restaurant serving this type of food. The food ultimately was good and well prepared but so, so overshadowed by an odd location and sub-par service. The restaurant is in the former country club, not old country club. So envision a modern banquet hall with tall ceiling and moveable walls. When we walked into the reception area. I was convinced we were at the wrong place. The waitress was really trying but had too many tables and a walk thru the ballroom to get food each time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2014what an unexpected gem! food fresh creative & flavourful! service excellent! scenery....spectacular! could not ask for more! when in town-we will return!Special Features:
- a fine dining experienceFrankieDined on 6/27/2014Great food. Great service. Great evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great after visiting Gettysburg.FoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food was unique. Server did a great job helping us to select some interesting food and the wine to go with it! Would love to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnercyriouslyDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I like to try new places on our anniversary. This year we tried Sydney Willoughby. We ate outside in spite of pending storm. Atmosphere outside was quiet and when the rain started, we were dry under porch. Everything we ordered tasted great, but menu is NOT for the traditionalist. Changes daily from what I read. Inside was nothing noteworthy. More of a special occasion venue with a restaurant as an afterthought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDeliaDined on 6/24/2014Read about the restaurant and chef in NY Times. Lived up to the positive review. Every course was beyond outstanding;the service was excellent also. We chose to sit outside and glad we did-it was pretty and peaceful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining experienceSuperflavorsDined on 6/21/2014We recently dined at your restaurant while visiting Gettysburg for the weekend. The food, service and overall experience was excellent. The variety of different flavors were delicious. Our party's Ages varied from 7 to 71 and everyone enjoyed the food and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eats in GettysburgLlamamommaDined on 6/21/2014We recently enjoyed dinner here on a weekend visit to Gettysburg....we have dined in the area on other occasions, and have been forced to pay high prices for mediocre food. Not the case at Sidney at Willoughby Run----the food here was fresh, seasonal, locally sourced and delicious. We were thrilled to find this hidden gem, which is situated in a quiet area near the battlefield....there is also a day spa next door, which we wish we had discovered!!!Special Features:
- Gettysburg - Wake Up!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014This is an excellent restaurant and for those that have never experienced small plates or shared plates you are missing out. This is one of the best restaurants in the region and Gettysburg needs to embrace it. Excellent food for a fair price.Special Features:
- This is Gettysburg!StLousLouVIPDined on 6/17/2014Small portions, a plain and blah environment may work in NYC, but not in this small town! The server was worthy of 5 stars! The food was tasty but not outstanding. Half price Champange was a great idea. Will try other places when we return.
- Excellent ExperiencemabethVIPDined on 6/14/2014We, my two cousins and I had an excellent experience while visiting Gettysburg. Not only was the food Delicious, but the presentation was delightful. I particularly enjoyed the Mint a d Fresh Pea soup. My. Cousin who is Vegetarian had several nice options. Kenwood return if againbinbthe area. Our server Meghan was wonderful and so very helpful.Special Features: