Sidney at Willoughby Run
730 Chambersburg Rd.
Gettysburg, PA 17325Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sidney at Willoughby Run
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sidneywilloughbyrun.com/
- Phone: (717) 334-3774
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms capacities ranging from 20 people to 200 people.
Excellent views of Gettysburg National Park.
Outdoor events poolside available.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Haray 7173343774x
A word from Sidney at Willoughby Run
Chef Annis brings his culinary skill to an ever-changing menu with a focus on fresh, local products. Only two miles west of the square along route 30, Sidney Willoughby Run serves elegant fare with an expansive view and outdoor seating directly on the grounds of the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg. An elegant ballroom awaits your next function with on- staff event planners catering to your every need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sidney at Willoughby Run - Best Restaurants in Gettysburg ›
Sidney at Willoughby Run reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (44)scenic view (35)romantic (34)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DinnerSunshineDined on 11/14/2014The restaurant is a little hard to find in the dark. The dining room is small and most tables were filled. There are appetizers, small plates, and regular entrees. We shared a Caesar salad, which was very good and each ordered a regular entree. My duck was very good. The oat cake that came with it was odd and the spinach with coconut milk was slightly bitter. My husband ordered veal and said it was also very good. We each had a large glass of wine. They don't serve bread with the meal. The price was high for one and a half courses plus a glass of wine, but the service was very attentive and the preparations were pretty and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Sidney has been my favorite restaurant for the last 2 years. We take clients, friends and family there as it is so good. On Friday my friend and I dined in the bar area. It was loud! The food was not on point which is very strange indeed. I had the beet salad and the brussel sprouts. Neither were good. I told our waiter I didn't care for the beets, but I suffered through eating the other dish. My friend had the veal and it was off too. The worst part was that our waiter didn't offer another dish or ask why it wasn't to my liking. I'm sure I won't take anyone there for awhile until I can trust the meal again. I will go back, but it will be awhile, I'm sorry to say.Special Features:
- UnknownFinedinerDined on 11/8/2014Some time ago we were aware that there was a new Sidney's in Gettysburg but never visited it - choosing to continue to go to East Berlin instead. Recently a friend told me of his memorable experience there and so we had dinner Saturday night. At first we were uncomfortable with the long walk through the bar and an empty banquet room, but were pleasantly surprised by the dining room. The unique menu was an adventure and unfortunately we ordered far too much food - not their fault. We were pleasantly surprised by the range of choices. The food of course was great and we certainly will return again.Special Features:
- Fine DiningjackDined on 11/7/2014We are very fortunate to have this chef's creations in our beautiful, historic, small town.Special Features:
- wish I lived next door!OmnivoreDined on 11/1/2014This was a great find and an extra highlight on our visit to Gettysburg. Food and menu was inventive, exciting and delicious. Se rvice informed, friendly and professional. Perfect for special occasion or casual. Just the restaurant I wish I had in my home town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We tried many different appetizers and starters and enjoyed them all. Our table of six picked three different entrees, all were outstanding! For dessert we each tried a different ice cream and picked two desserts. Everything was amazing and our entire table raved about the meal We highly recommend going to Sidney at Willoughby Run.Special Features:
- BoringjrstefanVIPDined on 10/29/2014Bland food, no seasoning on fish. Menu is different on the website, which is annoying.
- PennmomPennmomDined on 10/28/2014Overall great experience, so much nicer than tourist places in Gettysburg. A little hard to find since the road is so dark and the entrance isn't well lit. Once inside, quickly escorted to table. Food was creative and fabulous. Service was refined and friendly. After a full day of battle scene visiting, it was a perfect way to unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No costumes, just fabulous foodSlueVIPDined on 10/25/2014There are lots of theme restaurants in Gettysburg, but if you're looking for modern "fit for foodies" gourmet food, this is the place to be. The restaurant is spread over several multipurpose type rooms but they've managed to create a couple of intimate spaces. But make no mistake, the food is the reason to come. We are gluten free; they had great options and absolutely delicious home baked gluten free bread and buns. Service was very good and helpful. If we are back in the area we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but they need espresso!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014We love Sidney - the food, service, and ambiance are all amazing every time we eat there. I just wish that they had an espresso machine.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing otherwiseBearVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The fluke was spectacularly prepared, the mallard duck was delicious and expertly prepared, the broccoli tempura was the best you will ever get broccoli to taste -- I could go on, but the point is this was special. The service on the other hand was mystifyingly below the level one would expect for this special a menu. From the start, we could not understand how we were seated in the bar area, was this the only dining area? They have a selection of beer but no one to answer simple questions about the choices. I could not even get a glass of wine that I ordered in the midst of appetizers until part way through my main course. Our server disappeared. At this level of dining, the waitstaff has to do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingTasteBudsDined on 10/18/2014My wife and have dined at Sidney's many times and each time we are surprised and delighted. The menu is never the same. Some items return but there is always something new and delicious. Our latest surprise was his combination of brussel sprouts, walnuts, and cranberries. The chef is truly gifted. Specialty drinks add another dimension. I recommend the "Peartini" and "Highlander". The dessert chef is also very creative. If you dine at Sidney's do not miss the pleasure of the desserts.Special Features:
- OK, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner there last Friday night. There was a private party in one of the back rooms, so dinner for regular diners was in the grey/green room with the bar. Although there weren't many tables or diners, service was slow. The doors from the dining room to the huge, empty, dark banquet room were open and you could see the kitchen off in the distance. There were also black rod and drape on one side of the room. Note to restaurant: put some rod and drape a couple of feet back from the doors so the little dining room/bar doesn't have a creepy view. Food was OK, but nothing close to the East Berlin location in quality.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The food is out of this world. Great sauces and creative presentations. The ambiance is absolutely not up to par with the food. We ate in the bar area but didn't match the prices. The sense that you are really in a converted banquet facility was conspicuous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic taste sensationeatoutnowDined on 10/15/2014Sidney's at Willoughby Run is a little difficult to find as it is nestled in a former country clubhouse. Only an S marks the correct entry. Once you are there, you are in for a delectable treat. Your choice is appetizer size, small plate, or large plate. We enjoyed a tzatziki and humus platter with roasted bread, ahi tuna, smoked trout -- all delicious. For something out of the ordinary, try Sidney's.Special Features:
- Will be back.gettysburgdinnerDined on 9/26/2014My wife ordered the Seasonal Soup (Vegetable), and the Roast Duck, I ordered the Caribbean Shrimp and Organic Chicken and we ordered a Warm Flatbread with Hummus and Olive Oils as the server recommended to do (1 share, 2 light plates and 2 normal plates). The recommendation was spot on and it was the perfect amount of food this way (a hair bit too much for my wife). The food was perfectly prepared for both of us. The chef really has it together in taste and presentation. The service was excellent. It was a tough decision to stray from the historical eateries of Gettysburg, but this place will be on the list of places to return to for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Small Plate" is Great!jerseycoupleDined on 9/23/2014First experience with Small Plate mode of service. Allows enjoying variety of food without overeating or busting the budget. Food was excellent, fresh, well prepared. Server was obviously well trained and very helpful. Only negative: the place was nearly empty which was surprising considering the environment, food quality, and service (but it was a Tuesday evening).Special Features:
- Always a great meal!maximom229Dined on 9/19/2014Easily the best restaurant in Gettysburg, Sidney always delivers a great meal and flawless service. The staff is great with my son's extreme dairy allergy and makes sure he gets a safe, wonderful meal every time we dine there. A must-go for foodies and anyone who likes great food, thoughtfully prepared and served by a terrific staff with a terrific view.Special Features:
- repeat offendersOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014love this place so happy we FINALLY found such a gem in Gettysburg could not ask for more food-extraordinary people-knowledgeable and happy location-stunningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseFoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014What a wonderful experience this restaurant turned out to be. The waite staff is superb and so was the food. The waiter greeted us with a wine and cocktail list and when we had chosen, then brought the menu. The food is innovative and very good. The wine list has many outstanding selections. Great view of what used to be a golf course. When we are in the area again we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightdrsheaDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I decided to go to Sidney for a date night. We sat in the bar and enjoyed the Tavern mac & cheese, Sockeye Salmon, Sirloin and the Chocolate Chocolate dessert. Our food was amazing and so were our cocktails. My meal was one of the best things I ever ate (salmon with Italian sausage, gnocchi & jumbo crab).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceFrankieDDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great night of great food for our anniversary. The food was amazing and the service was primo! I highly recommend for your high end dining. The chef's selections are works of art! Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:
- Trying Too HardOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent choice of interesting and delicious appetizers. Main dishes pretentious. There's really no need to add exotic sauces and endless "cutsy" toppings to wonderful meats like lamb. They stand on their own with little fuss. Very nice selection and interesting preparations for desserts.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceMarylouDined on 9/10/2014After touring in Gettysburg, we dined at Sidney Willoughby, and our experience could not have been better. It was a lovely evening, and we had dinner on the veranda overlooking the fields that were once part of the golf course. Service was impeccable, and our food was excellent in preparation and presentation. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney'srocketreviewsDined on 9/6/2014Nice place, somewhat odd location, in what used to be a country club outside of Gettysburg. We sat on the patio overlooking the former golf course, not terribly scenic but quiet and very pleasant, grass and trees as far as you can see. The service was good, the wait-staff is local high school kids but they're well trained and dress the part, the dishes a little precious, small portions for fairly high prices. The grilled octopus was a little overcooked and rubbery but it's a hard dish to get right. The duck was also a little overcooked and tough. Overall for the price and the pretense of being a"fine dining" restaurant it was a little disappointing, all the right pieces but just not quite put together right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Sydney at Willoughby Run can, at times, deliver the most subtle and sophisticated dining experiences - with inspired and unique flavor and texture pairings. Unfortunately, one night a dish may achieve something extraordinary and the next disappoint with flavors that don't pop or are bland or too salty. Despite the inconsistency, the possibility of experiencing the best it can offer keeps us returning again and again. The one issue that has become consistent is the length of time it takes for drinks or plates to arrive, or even be ordered.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedWkendersDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful presentation with selections fit for a foodieSpecial Features:
- ns and have never been disappointedSam52Dined on 8/29/2014We have eaten here on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Friday night was no exception. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary with our son and several friends and ended up spending many hours eating great food, drinking new wines and talking. It was perfect. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, el fresco a mustSIVGDined on 8/28/2014All the reviews are correct, the place has no ambiance, however it was a beautiful night and the outside terrace is lovely. Service started out pretty badly considering it was a quiet night. However, once our waitress arrived, she was great and very attentive. For two women, we shared the tempura broccoli with a delicious dipping sauce, the caprese salad, the octopus, and the smoked trout. Each dish was flavorful, unique tasting, and beautiful to look at. We were pleasantly full. Better food than you'd find in most cities, much less Gettysburg, and way more reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was fabulous!!BeeMilliganDined on 8/22/2014Nick was great waiter, very attentive! Good was outstanding! Thanks for a GREAT nite!!Special Features:
- Not long for this world!FoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was lovely & well prepared. But the service was terrible because the staff was not well trained, didn't know what items were available. Took much too long for items to arrive, etc. The place will not survive this terrible time & will soon be gone. Gettysberg is not a place that will support this kind of incompetence.
- A perfect eveningEllenDined on 8/16/2014Just go to Sidney at Willougby Run! The menu is creative with the highest quality food; the service is excellent. You will have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!foodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second time here and it was better than the first time!Special Features:
- Creative MenuBucksFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Were visiting Gettysburg and happened upon this restaurant, which distinguished itself with a creative menu that offered variety and distinguished tastes. From broccoli tempura to tender duck to rockfish, the chef and his team nailed every dish.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy dining at Sidney's (Gettysburg/East Berlin). We were very fortunate dining outdoors - weather was perfect and enjoyed the wild life (hawk) that came an rested on the roof. Servers are very knowledgeable concerning the food/wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wifes birthdaymerlinscofee21014Dined on 8/9/2014the food was great and the service excellent i would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a good meal at a vert scenic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Romantic SettingearlybirdDined on 8/9/20142 of us went for dinner 7pm Saturday night - ate outside on a large porch area overlooking large lawn/garden area, very pretty. Husband and I shared 1 'plate to share' (mac/cheese/crab), 1 'small plate' (Spanish grilled Octopus) and 1 'large plate' (Rockfish), had 2 cocktails each - food was excellent quality, very well prepared and presented, plenty for the 2 of us, and the bill (before tip) was under $100 - what more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great Addition in GettysburgWeaversDined on 8/9/2014This was my 3rd time at Sidney's at Willoughby Run in Gettysburg. I love the interesting food options and the great atmosphere in their bar. I have never eaten outside on the terrace but that looks very inviting as well. No matter where you sit, you have a beautiful view. What a nice change from the other "touristie type" restaurants in Gettysburg. Great for a special occasion or just a nice place for drinks and a snack. They have a great selection of both small and large plates and even plates to share. I highly recommend the Crab Mac & Cheese and the Salmon Salad.Special Features:
- Wedding Reception DinnerHungryNurseDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I did a small intimate wedding at The Beechmont and were recommended this restaurant for after the ceremony. When we arrived, we were very happy with the location and the look of the restaurant. Immediately we noted that the staff was all young kids, late teens, early twenties, no adults around. We did not receive a special table that we had requested. The menu was interesting, you do get a lot of food, so don't over order and there is no bread offered. We sat for more than 10 minutes before we even got our drinks. The "kids" were running around and seemed busy, despite the place being almost dead. The food was incredible, presented well, so yummy but overpriced. I might go back but only for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestMimiDined on 8/7/2014Sidney's is the best restaurant around. Chef is always coming up with great new dishes. The wait staff is very attentive. Wish I could dine here every night.Special Features: