Sidney at Willoughby Run
730 Chambersburg Rd.
Gettysburg, PA 17325Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sidney at Willoughby Run
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sidneywilloughbyrun.com/
- Phone: 7173343774x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms capacities ranging from 20 people to 200 people.
Excellent views of Gettysburg National Park.
Outdoor events poolside available.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth Eberly 7173343774x
A word from Sidney at Willoughby Run
Chef Annis brings his culinary skill to an ever-changing menu with a focus on fresh, local products. Only two miles west of the square along route 30, Sidney Willoughby Run serves elegant fare with an expansive view and outdoor seating directly on the grounds of the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg. An elegant ballroom awaits your next function with on- staff event planners catering to your every need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sidney at Willoughby Run - Best Restaurants in Gettysburg ›
Sidney at Willoughby Run reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (63)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (53)scenic view (51)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (13)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food, disappointing otherwiseBearVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The fluke was spectacularly prepared, the mallard duck was delicious and expertly prepared, the broccoli tempura was the best you will ever get broccoli to taste -- I could go on, but the point is this was special. The service on the other hand was mystifyingly below the level one would expect for this special a menu. From the start, we could not understand how we were seated in the bar area, was this the only dining area? They have a selection of beer but no one to answer simple questions about the choices. I could not even get a glass of wine that I ordered in the midst of appetizers until part way through my main course. Our server disappeared. At this level of dining, the waitstaff has to do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic taste sensationeatoutnowDined on 10/15/2014Sidney's at Willoughby Run is a little difficult to find as it is nestled in a former country clubhouse. Only an S marks the correct entry. Once you are there, you are in for a delectable treat. Your choice is appetizer size, small plate, or large plate. We enjoyed a tzatziki and humus platter with roasted bread, ahi tuna, smoked trout -- all delicious. For something out of the ordinary, try Sidney's.Special Features:
- Will be back.gettysburgdinnerDined on 9/26/2014My wife ordered the Seasonal Soup (Vegetable), and the Roast Duck, I ordered the Caribbean Shrimp and Organic Chicken and we ordered a Warm Flatbread with Hummus and Olive Oils as the server recommended to do (1 share, 2 light plates and 2 normal plates). The recommendation was spot on and it was the perfect amount of food this way (a hair bit too much for my wife). The food was perfectly prepared for both of us. The chef really has it together in taste and presentation. The service was excellent. It was a tough decision to stray from the historical eateries of Gettysburg, but this place will be on the list of places to return to for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Small Plate" is Great!jerseycoupleDined on 9/23/2014First experience with Small Plate mode of service. Allows enjoying variety of food without overeating or busting the budget. Food was excellent, fresh, well prepared. Server was obviously well trained and very helpful. Only negative: the place was nearly empty which was surprising considering the environment, food quality, and service (but it was a Tuesday evening).Special Features:
- Always a great meal!maximom229Dined on 9/19/2014Easily the best restaurant in Gettysburg, Sidney always delivers a great meal and flawless service. The staff is great with my son's extreme dairy allergy and makes sure he gets a safe, wonderful meal every time we dine there. A must-go for foodies and anyone who likes great food, thoughtfully prepared and served by a terrific staff with a terrific view.Special Features:
- repeat offendersOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014love this place so happy we FINALLY found such a gem in Gettysburg could not ask for more food-extraordinary people-knowledgeable and happy location-stunningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseFoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014What a wonderful experience this restaurant turned out to be. The waite staff is superb and so was the food. The waiter greeted us with a wine and cocktail list and when we had chosen, then brought the menu. The food is innovative and very good. The wine list has many outstanding selections. Great view of what used to be a golf course. When we are in the area again we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightdrsheaDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I decided to go to Sidney for a date night. We sat in the bar and enjoyed the Tavern mac & cheese, Sockeye Salmon, Sirloin and the Chocolate Chocolate dessert. Our food was amazing and so were our cocktails. My meal was one of the best things I ever ate (salmon with Italian sausage, gnocchi & jumbo crab).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceFrankieDDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great night of great food for our anniversary. The food was amazing and the service was primo! I highly recommend for your high end dining. The chef's selections are works of art! Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:
- Trying Too HardOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent choice of interesting and delicious appetizers. Main dishes pretentious. There's really no need to add exotic sauces and endless "cutsy" toppings to wonderful meats like lamb. They stand on their own with little fuss. Very nice selection and interesting preparations for desserts.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceMarylouDined on 9/10/2014After touring in Gettysburg, we dined at Sidney Willoughby, and our experience could not have been better. It was a lovely evening, and we had dinner on the veranda overlooking the fields that were once part of the golf course. Service was impeccable, and our food was excellent in preparation and presentation. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney'srocketreviewsDined on 9/6/2014Nice place, somewhat odd location, in what used to be a country club outside of Gettysburg. We sat on the patio overlooking the former golf course, not terribly scenic but quiet and very pleasant, grass and trees as far as you can see. The service was good, the wait-staff is local high school kids but they're well trained and dress the part, the dishes a little precious, small portions for fairly high prices. The grilled octopus was a little overcooked and rubbery but it's a hard dish to get right. The duck was also a little overcooked and tough. Overall for the price and the pretense of being a"fine dining" restaurant it was a little disappointing, all the right pieces but just not quite put together right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Sydney at Willoughby Run can, at times, deliver the most subtle and sophisticated dining experiences - with inspired and unique flavor and texture pairings. Unfortunately, one night a dish may achieve something extraordinary and the next disappoint with flavors that don't pop or are bland or too salty. Despite the inconsistency, the possibility of experiencing the best it can offer keeps us returning again and again. The one issue that has become consistent is the length of time it takes for drinks or plates to arrive, or even be ordered.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedWkendersDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful presentation with selections fit for a foodieSpecial Features:
- ns and have never been disappointedSam52Dined on 8/29/2014We have eaten here on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Friday night was no exception. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary with our son and several friends and ended up spending many hours eating great food, drinking new wines and talking. It was perfect. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, el fresco a mustSIVGDined on 8/28/2014All the reviews are correct, the place has no ambiance, however it was a beautiful night and the outside terrace is lovely. Service started out pretty badly considering it was a quiet night. However, once our waitress arrived, she was great and very attentive. For two women, we shared the tempura broccoli with a delicious dipping sauce, the caprese salad, the octopus, and the smoked trout. Each dish was flavorful, unique tasting, and beautiful to look at. We were pleasantly full. Better food than you'd find in most cities, much less Gettysburg, and way more reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was fabulous!!BeeMilliganDined on 8/22/2014Nick was great waiter, very attentive! Good was outstanding! Thanks for a GREAT nite!!Special Features:
- Not long for this world!FoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was lovely & well prepared. But the service was terrible because the staff was not well trained, didn't know what items were available. Took much too long for items to arrive, etc. The place will not survive this terrible time & will soon be gone. Gettysberg is not a place that will support this kind of incompetence.
- A perfect eveningEllenDined on 8/16/2014Just go to Sidney at Willougby Run! The menu is creative with the highest quality food; the service is excellent. You will have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!foodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second time here and it was better than the first time!Special Features:
- Creative MenuBucksFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Were visiting Gettysburg and happened upon this restaurant, which distinguished itself with a creative menu that offered variety and distinguished tastes. From broccoli tempura to tender duck to rockfish, the chef and his team nailed every dish.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy dining at Sidney's (Gettysburg/East Berlin). We were very fortunate dining outdoors - weather was perfect and enjoyed the wild life (hawk) that came an rested on the roof. Servers are very knowledgeable concerning the food/wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wifes birthdaymerlinscofee21014Dined on 8/9/2014the food was great and the service excellent i would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a good meal at a vert scenic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Romantic SettingearlybirdDined on 8/9/20142 of us went for dinner 7pm Saturday night - ate outside on a large porch area overlooking large lawn/garden area, very pretty. Husband and I shared 1 'plate to share' (mac/cheese/crab), 1 'small plate' (Spanish grilled Octopus) and 1 'large plate' (Rockfish), had 2 cocktails each - food was excellent quality, very well prepared and presented, plenty for the 2 of us, and the bill (before tip) was under $100 - what more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great Addition in GettysburgWeaversDined on 8/9/2014This was my 3rd time at Sidney's at Willoughby Run in Gettysburg. I love the interesting food options and the great atmosphere in their bar. I have never eaten outside on the terrace but that looks very inviting as well. No matter where you sit, you have a beautiful view. What a nice change from the other "touristie type" restaurants in Gettysburg. Great for a special occasion or just a nice place for drinks and a snack. They have a great selection of both small and large plates and even plates to share. I highly recommend the Crab Mac & Cheese and the Salmon Salad.Special Features:
- Wedding Reception DinnerHungryNurseDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I did a small intimate wedding at The Beechmont and were recommended this restaurant for after the ceremony. When we arrived, we were very happy with the location and the look of the restaurant. Immediately we noted that the staff was all young kids, late teens, early twenties, no adults around. We did not receive a special table that we had requested. The menu was interesting, you do get a lot of food, so don't over order and there is no bread offered. We sat for more than 10 minutes before we even got our drinks. The "kids" were running around and seemed busy, despite the place being almost dead. The food was incredible, presented well, so yummy but overpriced. I might go back but only for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestMimiDined on 8/7/2014Sidney's is the best restaurant around. Chef is always coming up with great new dishes. The wait staff is very attentive. Wish I could dine here every night.Special Features:
- Sidney at Willoughby RunCraigDined on 8/7/2014If you are interested in eating outside with a nice quiet atmosphere, try Sidney for lunch during the week Monday thru Friday. The outside dining is excellent with little or no noise to conflict with your conversations. The wine and food choices were very good as well. We are looking forward to our next quiet afternoon dining outside on the patio.Special Features:
- Bud1VIPDined on 8/5/2014Great as Usual! Always a new dish to try. Great vegetables.Special Features:
- Lovely gem outside GettysburgExperimentalFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was a great restaurant to stop at while visiting Gettysburg. If you want to sit outside, make sure to note in your reservation ahead of time. Also, there are no cabs so plan to drive! Otherwise the food was inventive, delicious, seasonally appropriate and the wait staff was accommodating and nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food, Great Priceemip91Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I came here for dinner on our recent trip to Gettysburg. I especially liked it because it was not full of tourists and was very relaxed. It is a country club, which my boyfriend didn't realize so he was a little under dressed, but they didn't say anything and treated us the same as every other guest. The view outside was beautiful but the dinning room we were in seem a little confused as there was no real decoration and only some of the tables had table clothes on them - we heard another couple complain they were seated at an unclothed table. But overall, very good, great service, fabulous food, and killer cocktails.Special Features:
- MADE US FEEL SPECIALelsworthDined on 8/2/2014Great meal, great service, and they made our 39th anniversary very specialSpecial Features:
- AmazingTravelerDined on 8/1/2014This is a hidden gem. The food portions are not large but the taste was beyond expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standardssamiamDined on 8/1/2014Sidney at Willoughby Run is a fine dining companion to their East Berlin restaurant. As always the service was impeccable, and the food was very, very good. For me the crab macaroni did not work. Not cheesy enough for me and I think a side of stewed tomatoes would help it. Everything else was very good. My friend had the best burger she has ever had. I had a pork tenderloin cooked to perfection. This was my first time at Willoughby Run and I can see how it makes a great wedding location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/24/2014Every bite was delicious and the staff exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gettysburg GemjgbrosDined on 7/23/2014The Syndey at Willoughby Run is located at the old site of the Gettysburg Country Club which ensured scenic surroundings and delivered a bucolic feast. The restaurant was opened by a chef taking the opportunity to provide a fine dining venue. The service staff was energetic and professional which just enough casual pleasantry to provide a light atmosphere. The food was excellent a menu driven by daily fresh market fare. Dinner started with a nice amuse bouche, I had organic pork with spinach and an excellent spaetlze and my excellent companion had monkfish over fresh vegetables. Both were perfect I must say. A small but excellent wine list completed the main course. An excellent dark chocolate finished the meal. Excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent, generous cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al Fresco GemUncleJeffDined on 7/18/2014We were so delighted with our experience at Sidney's that we asked our waitress halfway through dinner who we needed to talk with to make reservations for the following night. Alas, they had a wedding then, so we settled for a great lunch instead! Food was delicious, beautifully presented, creative and interesting. We now have a new favorite in Gettysburg!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencebarbcDined on 7/16/2014Since it was an absolutely beautiful evening, we ate outside, overloooking part of the battlefield. I was a bit dissappointed in the ambience indoors so I was very glad to choose outdoor seating. The waitstaff was extremely attentive to my husband and I, and accomodated my Gluten Free diet. I let them know in advance and they were ready for me. They had some wonderful GF breads and they made their own GF pasta-a nice surprise! The Chef actually prepared a dish,not on the menu, to accomodate me. The food was fresh, looked and tasted delicious. I can't say enough good things about our waitress. She was patient,knowledgeable and could not do enough to please us. It was a wonderful experience that I highly recommend. But try to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bud1VIPDined on 7/9/2014The food here is amazing. The Chef keeps coming up with great specials you find no where else. Even his sister restaurant should take his restaurant advice. But he owns both! Outside dining is a treat.Special Features: