Sidney at Willoughby Run
730 Chambersburg Rd.
Gettysburg, PA 17325Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Sidney at Willoughby Run
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sidneywilloughbyrun.com/
- Phone: (717) 334-3774
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Annis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms capacities ranging from 20 people to 200 people.
Excellent views of Gettysburg National Park.
Outdoor events poolside available.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Haray 7173343774x
A word from Sidney at Willoughby Run
Chef Annis brings his culinary skill to an ever-changing menu with a focus on fresh, local products. Only two miles west of the square along route 30, Sidney Willoughby Run serves elegant fare with an expansive view and outdoor seating directly on the grounds of the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg. An elegant ballroom awaits your next function with on- staff event planners catering to your every need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sidney at Willoughby Run - Best Restaurants in Gettysburg ›
Sidney at Willoughby Run reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (36)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great lunchhallmomto2Dined on 5/13/2014Sidney was a great choice for a last minute lunch plan. Our server was extra attentive and accommodating. We enjoyed all of our entrees and would order them again. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with just a few changeswcasDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our brunch. The food was great. The waitstaff was wonderful. However, there were incidents with the meat carving station person. Even though he wore rubber gloves, he did not use a fork to place the meat on the guest plate , he used his fingers. He also would rub his hair with his hand and then handle meat. Also the eggs benedict were overcooked on the bottom. It was difficult to cut it into bite size pieces. The english muffin was like rock on the bottom. The last is a suggestion to have a seafood dish in addition to meat. We enjoyed the brunch but I skipped the meat carving station. The desserts were superb. We dine frequently at both Sidney's and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffets Not Their ThingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014I love this restaurant, but the Mother's Day brunch was truly mediocre. The seating was out of a stale wedding reception, the food was lukewarm and bland (the poached egg was even cold!), there were not enough wait staff to handle the crowd so we had to wait for our check and our child grew impatient, and really the cost, at $219 for four (the three adults had an adult beverage each) was ridiculous. If Sidney at Willoughby Run can't do a buffet, no one can. And Sidney can't. By the way, it's kind of obnoxious how the tip table is based on after tax amount and not before tax amount. A tiny quibble, but just saying.
- Small plates are nicelobojoDined on 5/10/2014For dinner I prefer the origninal Sidneys in East Berlin. It was great for the small plate experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food in a flavorless settingpghfoodDined on 5/10/2014We were first time Sidney diners, but had reviewed the intriguing menu online. The food did not disappoint, but the dining room, which is nothing more than the bar area of the adjoining country club, did. The service was attentive although maybe a bit slow and despite the dining room environment, the quality of the cuisine carried the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!Oldfoodies2Dined on 5/8/2014We had a marvelous time. Was seated on the porch overlooking the beautiful golf course/landscaping. Servers were attentive, informative and gracious. Food - the Chef(s) were on top of their game. The Salmon was to melt in your mouth, the Escolar and Pork Tenderloin were very tender and the presentation was worth a picture. Dessert followed with the same perfection and eye appeal. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/6/2014Very pleasant eating on the terrace as twilight approaches. Beautiful lawn and landscape. As I was thinking it would be nice to have a candle on the table, our server magically appeared with one. Great food, service and relaxed atmosphere.
- FoodyVIPDined on 5/2/2014We were trying to find a nice restaurant in our travels, and found Gettysburgh to be a bit lacking, surprisingly. This restaurant more than fit the bill. The food was Wonderful! Very nice menu with REALLY nice options. We liked it so much, we went back the next night. Excellent find that I highly recommend!!Special Features:
- They're trying hard...Travel4workTravel4playVIPDined on 4/29/2014This restaurant is in an old country club's bar area (they call it a "tavern" - it's not). The space has not been updated to make it feel like a restaurant and you can see what used to be the country club's event space / dining room (which has just a couple tables and chairs in it) from the bar. The space feels empty and the ambiance is awkward. The service was fine but there were three servers for a total of eight tables. We didn't get why such a small place would need three servers but props to the restaurant for giving three college kids jobs. Sadly the food didn't work. Weird combinations that didn't taste right. Seems like they're still figuring out the menu. I'd suggest simplifying and adding some solid basics.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Best gourmet restaurant we've been to EVER!!! Was pleasantly surprised and consider ourselves fortunate to have found this gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great!TerenceDined on 4/22/2014This is a good restaurant and I am sure that you will enjoy the food and the setting. However, it is not in the very good category in my view as it is situated in a former golf club and lacks a little atmosphere. The food is good but my medium/well steak was at least well done and not the best. I would go back and try again and I would urge you to give it a try and make up your own mind. The chocolate desert was really good.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchAlex12345Dined on 4/20/2014Food selection was excellent, with many different unique options. Entire group really enjoyed the selection and the quality of the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More!RainworthDined on 4/20/2014More Sunday buffets.... A welcomed option for a Sunday extravaganza. We attended the Easter brunch, not a typical event for Sidney. Then again, we could not afford many more. This is one of those "you get what you pay for" events--expensive (for Gettysburg) but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific eating in Central PAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014The special last Saturday evening was rabbit...and fantastic. Also love the Brussel sprout salad. And the desserts....divine! This place is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conradliveDined on 4/18/2014A country club clubhouse converted to a restaurant. Rather stiff atmosphere, but an interesting, well-presented menu. An articulate, knowledgeable waitress.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Fantastic! Food was delicious...beautifully prepared and presented. Well done chef...superb!Special Features:
- A Great FindMariaVIPDined on 4/10/2014This restaurant is on a golf course and has a great outside sitting area. If you are visiting Gettysburg and want a nice dinner and want to stay away from the tourist traps, then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- Creative menu that is skillfullyBenjaminDined on 4/5/2014Creative menu that is skillfully prepared. Reasonable pricing. Unique setting and dining environment.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerLibbyDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I were at the restaurant on Friday 4/4/14. Our server (Ayanna sp?) was friendly, informative, and available. We were given a carrot mousse on a small spoon.The mousse was light and spicy and left us admiring the knife skills of whomever finely chopped the dollop of carrot salad on top of the mousse. Our dinners were delicious, our favorites were the celeriac purée with broccoli rabe, the Brussels sprouts appetizer, and the Berkshire pork loin. The dessert of three small custards were each amazing! We will definitely be back and will come when the weather is nicer as we would like to be able to sit outside on the porch that overlooks the old golf course and have some more Flirtinis (a specialty drink on the menu).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BillMacDined on 3/20/2014Outstanding food, great service, a real treat. The chef goes the extra mile on every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTheScottsDined on 3/19/2014We've been waiting for a special occasion to eat dinner here. Service was outstanding, our wait person answered our questions clearly and cheerfully. Food was timely and it was obviously prepared by a top chef by its originality, taste and presentation. Price was in line with our expectations. Ambiance was somewhat lacking but the facility is very nice, especially the foyer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!FrankieDDined on 3/14/2014The chef creates amazing dishes that tantalize the tastebuds and create an eating experience. The wine was amazing (Bodega La Flor Cabernet Sauvignon). This is a great place when you want a gourmet food experience that will surprise you with creative dishes. I have been here numerous times and the steak, salmon and pork tenderloin dishes are amazing. And the desserts are out of this world. What a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING gem in GettysburgGettysburgGetawayDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I took a couple's weekend in Gettysburg and were looking for some special dining. We gave Sidney a shot and were so happy we made reservations for the following night as well. Tim was our waiter and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both of our meals at Sidney were beyond our expectations. Sidney definitely has a head chef worth their weight in gold. The flavors that were achieved in each bite of every plate were amazing. I was also impressed with the price of our meals. A dining experience with food as well prepared and delicious should have cost more in my mind. I was very pleased when we had an appetizer, entree, a desert, and I had a cocktail and our bill was only 62 dollars. DELECTABLE.Special Features:
- Best in GettysburgDonnaRDined on 3/1/2014Wow, what a great meal. 4 of us for dinner and everything was exceptional. Im sorry it took us until my son's last semester of senior year to find this place. We will be back each time we are in Gettysburg.Special Features:
- Gettysburg Best Dining ExperienceJKfoodie05Dined on 2/28/2014My husband and I go here often when we're in the mood for a local "Top Chef" experience. The food is great, and dishes come in small or larger plates. Their pasta is always made from scratch (they usually feature one pasta dish). Right now I recommend the NY strip with the potato "cake." Also their oysters, tempura broccoli, and pate are my fave appetizers. This restaurant takes some food risks with items that you may have not tried--it's worth it! Finally, the service. No where in 50 miles will you receive the service you get here. The staff has been trained to the highest quality, likened to what you find in Michelan star rated restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for foodies.EllieDined on 2/15/2014Love the pate. Outstanding deserts. Complex flavor profiles, with a lot going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent Valentine dinner for two, nice fireside table excellent server,a little slow getting our entrees about 45 mins after appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You outdid yourselfSam52Dined on 2/15/2014We have eaten at both Sydney's several times, Willoughby more and the food has always been great. Because of the setting and quality of food and service, I asked that my retirement party be held here. You did not disappoint on that evening either. The thank-you cards we received summed up the affair as "classy". Our latest dinner was Feb 15 and it was even better than the others. Wow, my husband is still talking about the Roasted Red Pepper and Coconut milk soup, the Salmon, the beat salad and the trio of desserts esp the mousse with grapefruit. We will be returning shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class all the Way!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Real treat!!!' Found this restaurant on Open Table. I can't say enough about our dining experience. Articulate caring service. Exceptional creative menu. Heading back with friends this week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperDaveSDined on 2/14/2014My date and I have never been to this restaurant before. We're both "foodies" and can appreciate food of a high caliber. We had a great experience and highly recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Very disappointedWoodyDined on 2/14/2014The ambience is terrible...seems like your in a boring banquet. Crab mac n cheese was bland and had a strong seafood smell and no taste or seasoning...terrible. Strip steak was ok it was overcooked and bland needed seasoning. Had to season then it was ok. Salmon was bad. Told me they cook it medium rare which I like, came out well done and again bland. Lobster dish was actually pretty good. Now the worst part. We waited almost an hour between courses. I realize it was valentines day and all tables were full but the restaurant doesn't have many tables and waiting an hour between each of three courses is unacceptable. We arrived at 7:30 and didn't leave until 10:45. $250 wasted and a bust for a valentines dinner.
- So interesting.TheHersheysDined on 2/14/2014The food was absolutely delightful, delicious, and paired wonderfully! A truly exciting experience and I know my fiance and I will absolutely be back again! We have allready recommended sidneys to many friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was outstanding. The servers were friendly and knowledgeable. The dining room was pleasant, although sparsely furnished and decorated. Obviously converted from s clubhouse setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Gettysburg!dineoutDined on 2/14/2014Just ate at Sidney's for the first time. I think it is the best food in Gettysburg. I will be back and will invite friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable first visitFoodiesDined on 2/14/2014A delight for Gettysburg. Small plates deliciously diverse. Wine and artisan cheese plate for a wonderful way to begin our meal. Loved the Red Pepper Soup with smoked baby shrimp. What a burst of flavor. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. Will certainly return. Plan to spend some change though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014My wife and I had a memorable anniversary dinner. Food was tasty, fresh, imaginative, and filling. Service was also impeccable. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Servicemaple2207Dined on 2/12/2014We went to Sidney at Willoughby Run for my birthday. Making a reservation was so simple through the online reservation service. The food was outstanding and a perfect temperature. From the drinks to dessert, everything arrived in a timely manner -- not too fast or slow. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sydney is consistently high-qualityjbh1234Dined on 2/1/2014Sydney is consistently high-quality in both food and service. Not cheap, but still a value. I look forward to going every time, knowing the experience I am going to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableWilcomeAgainDined on 1/28/2014We ate in the Tavern. It was a quiet, leisurely lunch with friends. Food and drink arrived at a relaxed pace. We tried a brussel sprouts starter. All four of us found it very tasty. Three of us ordered the quiche-of-the-day and it was also yummy. With lunch we enjoyed their Good Intent cider, locally brewed and aged in bourbon barrels-a refreshingly unique taste. Sydney's for lunch is a great place to enjoy delicious food, drink, and relax with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidney wrhldysDined on 1/25/2014Our first visit - food excellent - imaginative combinations- portion sizes appropriate for moderate appetites - servers knowledgable and pleasant. WE'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.