1127 Broad St. #B
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Neighborhood:
San Luis Obispo
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sidecarslo.com/
- Phone: 8055405340x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Sidecar
food. drinks. good times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sidecar reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Ooops!BirthdayBeachDined on 10/6/2014You need to update your info on this restaurant! I received a call the night before our reservation informing us that they were NOT open for brunch! After travelling from out of town this was a real inconvenient bit of news. Kudos to the management who phoned around SLO and found us another brunch spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food!ambeeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Everything we had here was delicious! Exceeded expectations! In the salads, the lettuces were crisp, tomatoes heavenly, soups were delicious, fried Brussels to die for! A few people had fried chicken & loved it, fries were perfect, although truffle fries had no truffle flavor. Only complaint was service--waitor was nice, but he was the only person working in the whole front. He was the host, was waiting on every table & making all the drinks behind the bar, so service was so sloooowwww!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual traditionDishingOjaiDined on 9/27/2014We visit SLO once a year and always make a point to dine at the Sidecar. Food and cocktails are creative and not too pricey. See you again next year!Special Features:
- KL0409Dined on 8/18/2014Hot spot for cocktails. Food needs a little work and so does service. Lots of potentialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit/Miss with foodyourtypicaldinerDined on 8/10/2014Some dishes are incredible and would make a Foodie proud, others are good, but nothing to write about. I do think that meal and drink prices are not in line with other restaurants of higher quality so some of the prices on the menu are a little high for what you get in return. Drink prices are the same, much like Vegas so be prepared to spend above $10 for most drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so sure2aboutUVIPDined on 8/3/2014Granted it was a Sunday evening reservation but previous reviews placed us here at Sidecar and it is a cool little place. Menu is different which I like and the food, Scallops and Vegan Hash were fantastic. Service on the other hand was not. Waitress was the only person for all tables and she tried to keep up but was overwhelmed. Bartenders were so busy hanging out, it took 15 minutes for a single glass of wine and a diet coke. Great place but if you are going to hit $30 price points, provide the service to match. I would try again on a different night.Special Features:
- Vegan options and European wineVeganQueenDined on 7/18/2014First of all, the popcorn seasoned with nutrional yeast and spices they serve when you arrive, is amazing....and addicting! For some reason, I frequently forget about this place as one of the few great vegan option restaurants, but am ALWAYS so thankful after having dinner, that I remembered it! They have other kinds of food too, for the non-vegan-that my friends love too. I wish they had more than 2 vegan dinner options, and also would change them up a little, so it's not the same 2 entrees all the time. Don't get me wrong, the Vegan Hash and the Raw Zebra Lasagne are amazing! Just would love some variety. If you are interested in trying wines from other countries, venture out here. The servers are very helpful and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant. The decor was unique and made the experience even more enjoyable as we sat around observing and discussing the restaurant's set up. We started with a couple of cocktails; I highly recommend the "Naked Fox". Everyone's meal was tasty and loved the popcorn they served at every table for a starter, again unique. If you're visiting SLO, it's a must! We'll be back.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Sidecar reviews archive.
- Bad service/cold foodcalpolymomDined on 6/15/2014We went to sidecar for brunch on sunday to celebrate our daughter's graduation.We arrived at our 1:30 reservation time and the place was about half empty. we ordered our food right away and waited 45 minutes for 1/2 of our food to appear. Our waitress brought us our drink order within 5 min. of ordering and then we just sat there and waited and waited without her ever coming back to check on us, to let us know what was going on and/or to refill our drinks. Like I said it wasn't like the place was packed! When the food came to our table cold (only 2 of the 4 orders were being brought out) we got up and left, therefore cannot say anything about the quality of the food itself but who wants to eat cold eggs benedict?!
- Great Find!TrsnVIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I visit San Luis Obispo often. We typically go to the more well known restaurants in town but decided to go out of the box this time. What a great discovery with Sidecar! The food was delicious. We split the beet salad, which was one of the best I've ever eaten. The kale salad was a vegetarian meal in itself and delicious also. We then split the mushroom risotto and were very happy with that also. We did eat there early, 5pm, so don't really know what the evening vibe is like, but it was quiet at this time. Our server was polite and friendly. We will definitely be returning here. Great for vegetarians and meat lovers both. Loved the eclectic decor and the mix matched chairs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Side-Tracking SidecarOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2014Wow, where do you begin. First, it is a warm, friendly place. Very loud, music loud, but lots of laughter and good-hearted servers and hostess. There were five of us so I can't begin to describe all the food. Salmon, excellent, hamburgers? outrageous, salads, fabulous. Fried Brussel sprout, great, butternut mac, amazing. Need I say more? Their cocktails are generous. You can actually taste the alcohol. They're imaginative and fun. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a good timeRDelcoDined on 5/20/2014If you're having a small gathering - 7 or less, the front booth is an excellent seating arrangement for good, overall, intimate conversation - we could all reach our plate of appetizers and didn't have to shout. Good times!Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, lacking in servicefawnfoodieDined on 5/16/2014I really enjoy Side Car for drinks and appetizers. Their happy hour is phenomenal and their cocktail list is impressive. I have gone there several times with big groups and it is fitting for a more rambunctious crowd. My number one complaint every time I have been there is that their waitstaff seems to disappear for long periods of time and it usually takes a while to get someone's attention when you need a refill or want to order. They are always nice I just wouldn't go there if I had something planned for after dinner because chances are I wouldn't make it on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualSandiDined on 5/11/2014Everything we had was tasty. There were a few new items on the menu, which we appreciated. Our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- Pretty goodFletchDined on 5/3/2014The food is a little under seasoned but quite tasty and fresh. Cocktails we're a little odd but inventive and strong. Good burgers, rizzoto. Nice beer list. Waterglasses were dirty but I suspect it wasn't their fault, it seemed like a broken dishwasher. Staff was friendly and helpfull if not a little overworked.Special Features:
- Happy with first visitslocatDined on 4/26/2014I came with a 10 people party, and it was a hit with both kids and adults. Pappardelle with rabbit, fried chicken, risotto was very good. Kale salad was a bit vinegary w/o something sweet to balance it. Tater tots and brussel sprouts were big hits with the kids. My vegetarian brother was very happy with the vegan hash. Everyone found their favorite in the three desserts offered, bread pudding, donuts and poached pears.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14 people birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014great time as always. $14 for a burger is a little steep. Great time tho. We have been there for several birthdays and will go back.
- Wonderful experiencechollingDined on 4/12/2014Found this place on open table. The menu is intriguing. We tried the Brussel sprouts and they are delicious. That is one of their appetizers that the waiter said they are known for. We could see why! I had fish that was delicious and perfectly prepared. My husband had a portabella mushroom cap "gunslinger style" burger. It was amazing. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was really good but theblueyDined on 3/30/2014Food was really good but the waitress was cold and unfriendly. Tip does depend on service,