SIDECAR at P.J. Clarke's DC
1600 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
SIDECAR at P.J. Clarke's DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pjclarkes.com/
- Phone: 2024636630
- Hours of Operation:
11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: Family & friends from all over the world have been marking important & poignant moments at P. J. Clarke's for generations. From the rejoicing of VE Day to the birth of a child; from the excitement of Joltin' Joe DiMaggio swinging away to re-creating that first date 50 years later-surrounded by the grandkids. We are proud of our 125-year-old history & the tradition of being the meeting place for all seasons. P. J.'s is the place where old friends reunite, new acquaintances are made, & lasting memories are created. Whatever the size of gathering or occasion, we will host your party as if it were our own.
A word from SIDECAR at P.J. Clarke's DC
Sidecar is a semi-private (nonmembers welcome if space is available) dining room that exudes the comfort of an 'old boys club' and serves an upscale menu of steaks & seafood. The long banquets and elegant tables run the entire length of the room and Bank of England chairs immediately envelope one in a unique sense of clubby comfort. An extensive wine collection, personal attention and the quiet appeal of a unique refuge complete the experience. SIDECAR accepts reservations for lunch and dinner and accepts private event bookings for parties of 25 to 300.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SIDECAR at P.J. Clarke's DC reviews from OpenTable diners
- well satisfiedhappydinerDined on 4/21/2013we made a reservation at open table.com and we're well satisfied with the reservation process. Valet parking was used and we were satisfied with that process. Traffic on K Street, however can be gridlocked so recommend Metro access if possible. we had a crab cake appetizer and the calamari appetizer both were very nicely prepared and exceeded our expectations. For dinner we chose a filet, shrimp n grits, and the daily special which happened to be lasagna-OUTSTANDING. must ask for bread. no happy hour drink specials were available however the happy hour oysters seem to be a phenomenal deal. restaurant was not that busy hence the noise level was low; suspect it would be quite a bit louder had there been many more tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business lunch spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/18/2013great business lunch spot. solid food. they make sure your iced tea stays full but besides that they pretty much leave you alone which is ideal for a business lunch.Special Features:
- My New Favorite SpotKJA205VIPDined on 3/2/2013I really enjoy the Side Car. The service is excellent and the staff is wonderful. Nam is an excellent wait person, and the bartenders are wonderful.Special Features:
- Great place, nice bar andDaveZVIPDined on 2/14/2013Great place, nice bar and the Hostess is wonderful.Special Features:
- Classic city club. PerfectNaanManDined on 2/7/2013Classic city club. Perfect business lunch location. Service and food is a good value. Staff is professional and friendly.Special Features:
- We sat downstairs and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/5/2013We sat downstairs and had a nice quiet dinner. Food and service was very good. BTW the upstairs/Bar area was very crowed and noisy.
- My new favoritefedsalesVIPDined on 12/14/2012It's tough to beat Sidecar for its excellent service and true understanding of the needs of Washington professionals. There is a little bit of a warm/fuzzy feeling knowing I can access a slightly mysterious dining room outside the reach of the WH tourists enjoying the main dining room. The staff is marvelously attentive and welcoming, happy hour is filling, special Sidecar events are highly entertaining, and most of the menu items I've sampled have been very tasty. Now that I've shared all of this, don't all overcrowd my favorite new joint, OK?!Special Features:
- Okay but not great.AllAboutTownDined on 11/14/2012Too loud upstairs. Too over-priced downstairs. Food was okay. Service was okay. Nothing special. There are better places in DC to eat.
- My best choice for lunch yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012I was impressed with everything! The ambiance, downstairs was FABULOUS, and I have to go back very soon.Special Features:
- Emily, in charge of privateTPDCVIPDined on 9/25/2012Emily, in charge of private dining and events, is excellent.
- Very pleasant lunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2012Very pleasant lunch. Food was good, attentive wait staff. Noise level was low, which is rare. Greatly appreciated. Prices were reasonable. We'll definitely come back again.Special Features:
- So Happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2012I was very pleased with my experience at Sidecar. I was taking a friend there for his 60th birthday, so I really wanted the meal to be special. Sidecar delivered! The steaks we ordered were hot, well-seasoned, and perfectly prepared. The server was attentive and friendly. All the staff cared whether we enjoyed our meal and made sure we weren't left wanting anything. The ambiance was also very nice and cozy. Sidecar is in the basement, but the restaurant wasn't too dark. It is quieter there than upstairs at P.J. Clarkes, which suited our group better. I really can't think of anything to critique. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:
- Food was fair. I had deepOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Food was fair. I had deep fried Calamari, crab cake sandwich and a side of mushrooms. The Calamari was very well executed, but the crab cake was a little bland. Service was ok, but the friendly waiter at the next table made me feel my waiter was doing his job and his job only. Even his interactions with other customers were a bit cold??Special Features:
- An ecellent location for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2012An ecellent location for a quiet work lunch. been there before and will go again. Always consistent, always good.Special Features:
- Exciting Place - Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2012Sidecar is a secretive restaurant within a restaurant. The atmosphere only makes you feel special. The food was outstanding, the service was impeccable. Great fresh vegetables, wonderful flavors, all well balanced into a wonderful meal. The server was very attentative and helpful, but did not "hover" and interfer in your conversation. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Sorry StomachAdamVIPDined on 5/24/2012There is a reason you can walk into this place on a Friday night without a reservation and have no problem getting in. While the service was excellent, the food was greasy and overpriced. I will not be going back and see no reason why anyone should even give this place a try given the variety of excellent options in the same neighborhood within the same price range.Special Features:
- The service and greet personnleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/17/2012The service and greet personnle were excellent, and in keeping with the mood, and the concept of an upscale experience. The food was "all right", but a greter selection of breads would be most welcome.
- I'm a regular so I obviouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/13/2012I'm a regular so I obviously like it here! It's good food, a wonderful atmosphere, and a staff that remembers which dessert you like best -- what else can you ask for?Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotLuvsMinionsDined on 3/29/2012P.J. clarke's food was very good and the service was fantastic. I would highly recommend them for a good lun h.Special Features:
- It's all goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/26/2012The only thing better than the food is the service!Special Features:
- As always, Sidecar Club didOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/23/2012As always, Sidecar Club did not disappoint. I have a membership and I always feel welcome when I arrive. Emily and Christina are excellent managers and make a real effort to get to know everyone. I was most recently at the Sidecar for a business lunch and our server Crystal was fantastic. Friendly, knowledgable, and attentive without being intrusive. My new favorite dessert at the club is the bread pudding! I really enjoy visiting Sidecar and it's an excellent location for business meetings. I highly recommend it. Also, great spot to meet for drinks and dinner.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the restaurant veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/17/2012Enjoyed the restaurant very much. Friends with us had to get away ahead of us and wait staff accommodated their request to have check brought separately. Food, drinks terrific. First time in the DC space. Have enjoyed NYC Lincoln Center location.Special Features:
- There was a group at the barDcmattVIPDined on 2/11/2012There was a group at the bar (on the other side of a folding partician) that was loud and the noice bounced around the room. It was liking dining in a frat party. Nothing was done by the staff to make up for the rather poor experience.
- This is a wonderful place.MImiDined on 2/11/2012This is a wonderful place. Definitely recommend for dinner. Food and service are fantastic! We will be back!
- the place was a ghost town...8:00OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2012the place was a ghost town...8:00 on a Friday night..only 3 tables with diners...the food was okay but was overpriced ...not going back!
- I really enjoyed sidecar.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2012I really enjoyed sidecar. I had a business lunch, and whie the noise definately picked up during the lunch, it was never distracting and I was able to continue with my business lunch. Great food!Special Features:
- Sidecar Club: Great place in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/27/2012I frequently eat and hold lunch meetings at the Sidecar Club. Great atmosphere, wonderful staff, and the food is good. I also have a membership which I like because they get to know you and I even have a "regular table."Special Features:
- A Definite Regular StopOTvipNdcVIPDined on 1/13/2012Lobster roll is delicious; big chucks on lobster and very filling, but also makes the sandwich hard to eat. Best with a fork and knife. The oysters on the half shell were fresh and of good size.Special Features:
- Holiday VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/7/2011If you're looking for a venue to host a holiday party, Sidecar is perfect.Special Features:
- We all enjoyed the cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2011We all enjoyed the cuisine very much. The wait staff was very pleasant about everything. One went beyond the call of duty to get our coats for us, and ended waiting on us to get back to the table. Very nice restaurant.Special Features:
- The food for the price wasRegularsVIPDined on 11/16/2011The food for the price was mediocare at best. Appetizers of "Rhode Island calamari" was chewy, tatter tots too fancy. Crab cake sandwich was uncreative on a blah hamberger bun, slaw yuck. Cost over $35.00 a head for 4 with 2 glasses of wine, I want to say great for that price. The space is great but the food lacking. I'd heard it wasn't great when it opened, now they've been opened long enough that the food should be great, or the management needs to make some changes. Too bad, great space and location.
- Perfect Business DinnerNinjaneerDined on 11/8/2011I recently arranged a business dinner for 8 people at the Sidecar. From the cheerful greeting we received on arrival until we left, it was a delightful experience. The staff was extremely professional, but not at all stuffy. In fact it seems as though having a sense of humor is required of their employees. The food was excellent and serving well-coordinated. The pace of service was blessedly relaxed, something we especially appreciated. The wine list was good with a number of excellent choices at reasonable prices. The location is also very convenient, with the Farragut Metro stations nearby. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- We love PJ Clarkes and hadPopcornVIPDined on 11/4/2011We love PJ Clarkes and had no idea the Sidecar was downstairs. GREAT experience, excellent staff, incredibly attentive and our seafood and steak entrees were perfect. Very exclusive type atmosphere but very reasonable prices. Thank you.Special Features:
- We were only there for a relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2011We were only there for a relatively quick work lunch but i enjoyed both the food and the ambience and will go again - hopefully to stay a bit longer and enjoy more of what Sidecar has to offer.Special Features:
- We took an outside table.XXXXDined on 10/17/2011We took an outside table. Since it was good weather, it was a very pleasant experience.
- Went for lunch and althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/6/2011Went for lunch and although a little pricey, food and service was very good. Supposedly Sidecar will be for members only, but membership is free. Go figure. The french onion soup hads LOTS of cheese, crab cake sandwich was very good, caesar salad with chicken was very good and came w/ LOTS of chicken. Good place for business lunch,Special Features:
- We went to Sidecar for myOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2011We went to Sidecar for my birthday. Despite being a Friday night it was early and the place was pretty empty. The food was ok, but the wines were unremarkable and way overpriced (if you're going to charge $15 for a glass of wine, don't make it a wine I see for $12/bottle at my local supermarket). Also, they would not substitute out anything without an up charge. I wanted to change fries for onion rings. They said it would be a $2.50 upcharge. I pointed out that onion rings were actually cheaper on the menu. Didn't matter. Finally after I complained to the manager they substituted with no charge - only to find the charge on my bill. Definately not worth the price or hassle to go here.
- Food and service were veryTamiVIPDined on 9/21/2011Food and service were very good. The only bad thing was it was freezing in there!Special Features:
- we requested something offOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2011we requested something off the menu - a steak cobb salad - and they delivered a wonderful version -Special Features:
- Staff is great and your foodkmlateVIPDined on 9/1/2011Staff is great and your food was delicious. Definitely will be going back.Special Features: