2208 W. Morrison Ave.
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sideberns.com/
- Phone: 8132582233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For information, please contact Jeffrey Gould, Group Sales and Catering Manager, at 813.865.1488, or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Savor the luxury of fine dining and excellent service. Let SideBern's create your next flawless event. We offer sophisticated, seasonal dining with four venues to choose from for formal business events or private celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Gould 8884027923
- Entertainment: House Music, occasional live music for special events
A word from SideBern's
SideBern's is Bern's Family of Legends' hip, progressive restaurant. Its menu features Executive Chef Chad Johnson's modern cuisine served in a stylish, relaxed fine dining atmosphere. SideBern's offers its guests the ability to taste different flavors and textures created with innovative culinary techniques.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
SideBern's - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
SideBern's reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)special occasion (19)notable wine list (16)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Something For EveryoneFoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014I have never had a bad meal or service at SideBern's. We don't live in Tampa but come once a month on business and were glad that we had the opportunity to experience this restaurant on their last night before closing for renovations. It's such a lovely decor, we were surprised so we asked why and when we found out that it was because they needed more space, we were so excited for them. After the renovation, I'm sure they will be even more fabulous and we look forward to returning when completed. We wish them good luck.Special Features:
- Disappointed!foodie2beeVIPDined on 6/23/2014This place is so pretentious. The hostess was snotty. The waitress was snotty and the menu was boring and limited. Nothing what I expected! Not ever going back! Oh and my chicken was part raw. But no one ever checked up on us so I couldn't send it back.
- Nice culinary findGood2gooutDined on 6/21/2014We liked all our dishes from starters to entrees to dessert. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menumonthlydinerDined on 6/18/2014Recommended by a foodie friend who really knows local restaurants. Menu choices diverse. I ate vegetarian and enjoyed it. Wasn't very full when I was there so I can't comment on service with a full house, but I had no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteDeanDined on 6/18/2014When we heard that SideBerns was going to be closed for several months for remodeling, my wife and I decided quickly to return. We are glad that we did. The only disappointment of the evening was that it looked like too many people thought they were closed already, because there were far too many empty tables. But our server helped guide us to some new items I had not tried before. We can hardly wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Went with my family, including two children, as well as with my parents. The food was excellent and the ambience was terrific. We would definitely go back there.Special Features:
- SamNexusDined on 6/16/2014We enjoyed it but the filet pork tasted like processed meat - very disappointing; also, the web site wine did not match the restaurant list
- Sent food backwalkingdinerDined on 6/16/2014Service was amazing and the ambiance was delightful. The food was awful :( A scallop dish was delivered charred to the point that it was actually black. My husband tried a bite and it was so bitter that he couldn't even try another bite. We sent the dish back, only to receive a replacement where we could actually taste the combination of scallops and wild mushrooms. Really bad paring. The wild mushrooms dwarfed the scallops and the sauce was better suited for a nice steak. Just a bad combo.Special Features:
- Okay experiencejoopnightVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I did a 6 course tasting menu (I had the traditional and she had the vegetarian). There were dishes in her courses that stood out, while there were dishes in mine that stood out. Overall, we both felt the traditional menu was better, but there certainly were some high points and some issues. In the traditional menu, the risotto and scallop dishes were excellent, while I didn't care for the rabbit and the lamb was served Rare>Medium-Rare, so I couldn't eat it. The vegetarian menu highlights were the gazpacho and the re-made mushroom dish (after we had to send it back because it was way oversalted). It was a cool experience, but probably wouldn't do this again. The food was extremely rich for the small quantity. Need about 3 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gem in Tampa!foodloverDined on 6/7/2014Great Service, Very Accommodating To Our Schedule. The Sommelier Was So Helpful And Not At All Pushy. Food Was Perfect! Love This Place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply awesome!BarbDined on 6/6/2014We were traveling on business and my colleague knew about the original Berns but we couldn't get a table so we decided to try this newer Berns and sooo glad we did. The wine list is unbelievable and they make the truly expensive wines affordable via a reserve tasting menu. My snapper was the best I have ever eaten and the service could not have been better! Thanx for a wonderful meal, next time I am in Tampa, I will be back!Special Features:
- Great for date nightwineguyDined on 6/6/2014Everything was on point for our visit to Sideberns. I had the filet and the boyfriend had the halibut and both were excellent. The service was efficient without being overbearing and we even were suggested and served wine by their in house sommelier, classy touch. The restaurant is smaller, romantic and intimate, definitely call the babysitter for this one. The only downside some may find would be the price, but then again no one ever goes to mcdonalds and is appalled by the food quality, you get what you pay for. Bottle of wine plus two entrees and tip added up to about $200 for two. Worth it, will be back.Special Features:
- It's Bern's... On the Side!VAC8IONVIPDined on 6/4/2014SideBern's, what a great name! We had heard great things about this place, and so glad we had a chance to go finally. We went with our son, who has an amazing palette, so there were 3 of us. We ended up there on a Wednesday night around 9:30 PM. The atmosphere was beautiful, and classy. The lighting was fantastic, booths very comfortable too. The food and service were outstanding. Forgive me not remembering the name of our server, but he was wonderful. I highly recommend this place. Not anything like it's sister restaurant, Bern's Steakhouse, it definitely has it's very own unique identity. The chef is very talented. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014outstanding overall good and imaginative preparation and food great selection of wine and high end liquorSpecial Features:
- All Great but the DessertTINODined on 5/30/2014We experienced excellent service from Heather--the appetizers and entrees were on spot and perfectly prepared. The scallop dishes and the sides were done well and nicely presented---the polenta was the best I have had---on the other hand,the bread pudding dessert was ordinary and inadequate and over priced--not tasteful at all --an awful ending to an otherwise excellent meal---Special Features:
- The following 349 reviews are from the SideBern's reviews archive.
- Good not greatSuperchief1944Dined on 5/24/2014Some years ago, SideBerns had great food: on a recent visit, good food but not great. Atmosphere is better: darker, quieter, not quite the "hot spot" it was. Staff was excellent: professional, nice, well informed. The menu is interesting: sweetbreads, Mer de Loup fish, interesting ravioli. Our food rating reflects that the food was "missing something". We both had "Halibut Oscar" which, while well prepared, seemed uninteresting - just not a flavor "pop". It was served "stacked", a maddening presentation, that requires taking the dish apart to eat it: rough-smashed potatoes on the bottom (excellent), very good asparagus in the middle, then halibut, then crab meat. Sweetbreads appetizer was disappointing: more like fried oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fromquebecDined on 5/21/2014I was vacationning from Montreal and found an article in USA Today which listed Sideberns in top 10 foodies list in Tampa We had a truly great meal with the 6 service tasting menuSpecial Features:
- My GoTo Restaurant in TamparussellVIPDined on 5/21/2014Sideberns remains my favorite restaurant in Tampa. The food is always interesting and tastes amazing. The wine selection is exceptional with many wines by the glass. This time I took some young folks (20 something) to broaden their food interests and they came away impressed. This time we had a lamb tartare, wow! and a rabbit ravioli (nice) and my entre was a loup (fish) with some fried crab. Excellent. While it is a bit pricey for some, Sideberns is worth every cent you pay for the freshest ingredients, served well in a warm inviting atmosphere in a great part of town. Go here next time you want to impress your friends or enjoy time with that special someone.Special Features:
- Understated EleganceYummyDined on 5/16/2014The entrees had a combination of subtle, complimentary flavors that provided a symphony of tastiness. The dessert had the same. Can't wait to go back when I'm in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Excellent food and service, especially since they reserve you a booth at the dessert room. However, this isn't a cheap night. For the two of us we spent about $225 at Berns (included about 5 drink).Special Features:
- Enjoy and joinPeruviantest1Dined on 5/16/2014I enjoy eating at Side Bern's because have different menu choices, fresh,natural and very tasty . Also have the opportunity for people that can't eat meat to enjoy and join the party; no many places in the area with that concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timejduffyDined on 5/9/2014My boyfriend and I love Bern's so we wanted to try Sideburn's too. The restaurant is smaller than we thought but beautiful inside. We had reservations and were seated right away. The server was extremely nice and helpful but a little slow. We were drinkless a few times. Other than that the food, drinks and atmosphere were amazing. We both had the filet which was perfectly cooked and it came with a side of poblano potatoes and they might have been the best thing I've ever eaten! I also love that they do a seasonal menu and try to run sustainably. It's pretty expensive for us to eat there regularly but we would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!ejscoop6Dined on 4/22/2014I went there for my birthday & we had a great dinner. I had the duck breast which was tasty & lean and had a delicious polenta. The way they plated the food truly added to the dining experience. The service in particular was great as it seemed the waiter really actually liked coming to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still amazing food & drinkkleetampaDined on 4/16/2014This was my first visit back to Sidebern's in over a year. The menu changes seasonally, so there are always plenty of tempting new dishes. We were celebrating my friend's birthday, and they added a candle to her dessert! We shared a horseradish crusted scallops appetizer. Two huge sea scallops, with wonderful coating and a great sauce. She had the filet, which came with some amazing poblano whipped potatoes. I had halibut, which was topped gently with a wonderful creamy sauce and hints of ginger and mustard seed. It came with a wonderful side of vegetables served over a carrot puree. For dessert, the peanut butter ice cream was amazing. My dessert was Crepe Mille Fuille green apple, ginger meringue, pernod ice cream. Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration eveningcelebrationDined on 4/12/2014Celebrated husband's Birthday. good cocktails, excellent 1/2 bottle of Pride Merlot. Food for both was delicious and appealing presentation. Service was excellent. Not overbearing, but checked periodically to insure all was as expected. Explained menu items very well as well as made recommendations. Delightful evening!Special Features:
- A Great DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2014We chose this restaurant because of its reputation. The waiter wasn't attentive. 't started out with the wrong wine order. We had a reservation at 6:45pm and we ended up leaving the restaurant at 9:00pm. We ordered a hot starter and the entrée. It took 30-40 minutes in between our courses. The hot starter wasn't very hot No one came by our table to explain why were were waiting so long. No one apologized. We had no interest in ordering dessert because we thought it might take another 30-40 minutes. We chose not to make an issue of it because it was already a disappointment and we didn't want my birthday spoiled by a conversation with the manager. Sorry but we couldn't recommend this restaurant.
- Had a great time!eniderDined on 4/5/2014The staff made my husband and myself feel very comfortable. Our waiter, Christopher, was very friendly but yet professional. It was a great dining experience. The food was sometime different but appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the minute we walkedHarrisDined on 4/4/2014From the minute we walked in to Side Berns, we were not disappointed. The service was as good as it gets and food wasperfect. We will certainly talk about our dinner until the next time we enjoy this fine restaurant. Harris H McIlwain, MDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect experience!otterladyVIPDined on 4/3/2014The food was so delicious, we ate here two nights in a row! Fantastic vegetarian menu! Can't wait to return to Tampa just to be able to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!!!otterladyVIPDined on 4/2/2014What a fantastic restaurant! Best vegetarian menu ever! Cheese selection was wonderful too. Even the Mojito was fabulous! Ginger, our server, was perfect! We loved it so much, we made a reservation for the next night and asked for Ginger. Outside dining area was lovely and music was perfect! We will definitely be back on our next visit to Tampa! LOVED IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and WineFraniBDined on 3/29/2014We went to SideBerns for the first time on March 29,2014. We have been to the original Bern's many times and although the steak and desserts were excellent, the stuffiness was such a turn off so we were curious about SideBern's. From the minute we walked in, we knew this was such a different atmosphere, in a good way! The wine list is extensive and the food was great. I feel you get the high quality wine and meat choices similar to the original Bern's but without the stuffiness and formalities. We will definitely be dining at SideBern's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014This was the most fantastic meal I've ever had. The cheese was delicious along with the vegetarian menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and service!HappydinerVIPDined on 3/22/2014As we walked up to the entrance, we admired the charming covered portico and the lovely Spanish guitar music playing. Once we opened the door to the restaurant, the NOISE hit us! We asked if we could be seated outside and were led to a great four-top and the beginning of a great dinner and great conversation. We chose the tasting menus, and my husband was able to substitute a couple of the options off the vegetarian tasting menu, since he doesn't eat red meat. These two vegetarian dishes were the only weak link, as they were just not that interesting. All the other dishes, and the excellent wine selection, made us excited to return for more! Our server was wonderful, the sommelier was very knowledgable, and the rest if the staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not returningTjg1Dined on 3/22/2014Disappointed with every dish. Salad (beet) was too small and lacked any greens. Main course (pork chop) lacked any flavor and desert (cheese cake) was in pieces and also lacked any flavor., sent it back. Entire meal except wine was disappointing. Noise level was very noise where it was difficult to hold a conversation. Have eaten before chef change and always enjoyed. New menu was disappointing and expensive. Overall not a pleasant experience..Not recommended.Special Features:
- Splendid!RussVIPDined on 3/22/2014Our second visit to Sidebern's did not disappoint. We began at the bar, which during happy hour provides a nice assortment of nicely priced cocktails, wine and small plates. Moving on to dinner, every entrée for our party of 4 was beautifully prepared and presented. The menu is creative, with a decent selection of wines by the glass and a deep, but expensive, wine cellar. The restaurant has nice, low lighting that contributes to an simple yet elegant atmosphere. My only suggestion would be to provide more spacing for the tables. I kept bumping into a chair at an adjoining table, and the noise level could be difficult to talk over from time to time. Otherwise, dine early to avoid this issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could have been better.meenVIPDined on 3/17/2014Service could have been better. Things werent timed very well and the waitress was not particularly attentive, given the quality of the restaurant. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceRoxyDined on 3/15/2014Four of us dined with you and all but one meal was outstanding. The elk was very tough, fish dishes were outstanding. Wine list incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Ambiance; OK foodFoodmanDined on 3/15/2014On the positive side, the ambiance and service was excellent. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. The food, however, was good, but not great. Given the prices, I would expect better. My wife and I both thought the food was bland. We have eaten here before and really enjoyed the food and the interesting selection of mixed drinks. We considered it one of our top restaurant picks until this dinner. Perhaps they had a off night with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had 4 people in our party,KcjzDined on 3/15/2014We had 4 people in our party, One of the two appetizers were good, no one cared for their entrees, they no flavor, the chef must have had a bad night, we would never go there again. Very disappointing, we had a good meal there a few years ago, and that is why we booked, never again!
- Can't say enough good thingsthejamesDined on 3/10/2014Everything was spectacular, there was nothing that I could really say was a low point in our experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.