122 E. Main Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sidebar122.com/
- Phone: (614) 228-9041
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: Dining Room 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Bar 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alberto Tapia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please email us at Events@Sidebar122.com for inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to Sidebar 122, your unique meeting and event space. We are pleased to offer a Mediterranean inspired menu enhanced by the flavors of Modern South American Cuisine. For those who value an unparalleled culinary experience, we invite you to host your next event with us!
Our facility offers accommodations for everything from small intimate dinners to large receptions utilizing our multi-levels! We are happy to configure our spaces to match the needs of your event - please do not hesitate to ask questions! Our rental rates are based on food and beverage minimums established for the spaces - all rates are prior to tax & gratuity.
We also provide off-site catering - please inquire for details!
- Private Party Contact: Ronnie Grubb 6142289041
- Entertainment: Thursdays - Saturday in the lower level
- Special Events: We specialize in creating customized events to highlight the individuality of our guests. Our Chef can create anything from an hors d'oeuvres hour to a multi-course production for your guests to indulge in. Your event will be brought to life as our professional staff provides you, and your guests, with exceptional service. Please email us at Events@Sidebar122.com for inquires regarding special events.
A word from SideBar 122
Welcome to Sidebar Columbus! Our menu offers a Mediterranean flare intermingled with our South American inspired small-plate dishes. Our focus on quality is second to none, from our service, food, wine and cocktails. Our wine list, priced to sell and be enjoyed, is user-friendly, and complements the cuisine. Our barkeepers create signature drinks reminiscent of the roaring twenties—one at a time. We invite you to sit back, enjoy a cocktail or a generous glass of wine and experience our comfortably sophisticated atmosphere and friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
SideBar 122 - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
SideBar 122 reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (23)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SideBar 122GirlsweekendDined on 11/8/2014SideBar 122 is a gem that I discovered when searching for a restaurant for a girls weekend in downtown Columbus. I was looking for something with a great drink menu and Tapas... this place more than fit the bill! Our waiter Brandon was incredibly knowledgeable from everything to the menu, the drinks as well as the downtown history and other areas of interest. All his menu pics were spot on! The Tapas were phenomenal and the Four Step drink was amazing! Will be back next year to try some additional items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great food!MizzteachDined on 11/8/2014We ordered a bunch of tapas and they were great! Nice touch is that they give you hummus and pita bread instead of bread and butter. Hummus was really good . Empanadas were our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitMbogoDined on 11/7/2014Sidebar 122 is one of those restaurants that grows on you. With every visit it almost seems as if the food is better. The service is friendly although it may be a tad slow for some. Good wine selection. Wide variety of very adventurous cocktails. The tapas portions are good and I have yet to come across a dish that was not tasty. The flat bread pizzas are good. I, especially, like the BBQ shrimp pizza with pineapple and jalapeno although I wish they would add a few more shrimp to the pizza! Try the tres leches and the poached pear desserts.Special Features:
- Just OkNew2UAVIPDined on 10/25/2014We tried SideBar 122 for the first time. There aren't a lot of pre-theatre options, so the place was busy. Service was friendly, but we noticed some pieces of broccoli on the floor by our table, which was not inspiring. We ate off of the Tapas menu, which was inconsistent. The sausage was quite tasty, the shrimp over spiced and more rubbery than you would like, the mushrooms completely bland. Probably won't be back; just not worth coming down to a neighborhood without much else around.
- Loved the tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014If you are a food adventurer, definitely check out the tapas menu. The specialty cocktails were also interesting and delicious.Special Features:
- Genuine gemgmadinesDined on 10/24/2014From greeting at the door to paying the bill, this was a fun and delicious dining experience. Very helpful with suggestions and descriptions of small plates, server was excellent. Split the small plate totals on our checks with no problem. Relaxed atmosphere. Three couples and not one little complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mommy Daughter Date NightLatinoFoodieDined on 10/23/2014Awesome as always. Took my 9 year old with me before we went to see Lion King and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDwb1956Dined on 10/22/2014Swiftly seated and waited upon; knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient waiter. Food was truly exceptional...chicken breast and lamb shank dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!mattyvDined on 10/17/2014I found this place from a search of nearby restaurants around the Southern Theater. It was especially great that the online menu showed gluten free items (important for my girlfriend). The Open Table reservation was a great service too- quick and easy to do! When we got there, there was complimentary valet, but we didn't take it because we were going to walk to the theater after. The atmosphere was very chill and relaxing, the lighting was just right for romance and the music choice (jazz) was perfect. Our waiter was admittedly new, but he had very good recommendations for us which we took gladly. The drinks were very smooth. The food was very flavorful and enticing with each bite. If you don't mind the expense, I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HazelnutDined on 10/16/2014I believe I got charged for a group member's drinks. i had three kentucky mules and my bill was $27. they'd put two russian mules on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014Went with colleagues to celebrate her birthday. The waiter must of overheard and surprised her with a beautiful cake, beautiful presentation! Thank you for making her bday extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We had the best anniversary dinner here. The food, drinks, and service were all top notch! The braised lamb was the best my husband has ever had, and the risotto that came with it was my favorite. And you can go wrong with the filet - the bleu cheese sauce is AWESOME! Try their cocktails too - they all have so much flavor and were extremely enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good Spanish-influenced menuajaxVIPDined on 10/9/2014Menu with large selection of tapas and larger food items. Cocktails were very good. We had olive (very good) and mushroom-garlic (fair..virtually no garlic flavor). Eggplant marinara, sausage pizza, and seafood pasta were all good. Service was very good. Noise level was uncomfortably high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!EricVIPDined on 10/4/2014Wwent with a group of 9 and had a great time. The food was outstanding - definitely exceeded my expectations. We tried many of the tapas and each had an entree, I would recommend it all. The drinks were very good also. For having 9 people, the food came out quickly and relatively at the same time. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic cocktails and food!gloriaBDined on 10/3/2014The Moscow Mule here is not to be missed. All the juices and concentrates are made in house and you can tell! The food is equally good - imaginative, delicious, and such a refreshing culinary experience. Most high end restaurants keep serving the same old, same old. Here is a chef that truly lives up to the creativity that one expects from culinary professionals! Given the chefs obvious skills and genius, I challenge him/her to put more vegan options on the menu. It can be done and with taste and style too! I can't wait until my next meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raveshing!rythmicjeaDined on 9/27/2014My experience here was absolutely wonderful! I had read the wonderful reviews about this place and they didn't lie! The waitstaff was knowledgeable and courteous. The owner came to our table and introduced herself, talked with us, and was open with how she ran the place and the plans for the future. Their specialty cocktails are worth the price! You know exactly what goes into them and how much and they are wonderful! The tappas were what we dined on and we had leftovers! Everything about this place screams generosity. They are warm and inviting and I hope they are here forever. Those who are curious about prices, expect to pay $30-50 per person with tip.Special Features:
- first time visitmiriamfutbolDined on 9/19/2014Had checked out the menu online. Tapas were great, portions good too. Not an extensive 'by the glass' wine list but what was ordered was very nice. Delicious chocolate dessert too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fine, Service notdmohVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food tasted great. We ordered from the tapas menu and everything was good. Service was distracted. We were ignored most of the time, and when we did get attention, things were usually wrong: -- Asked for salad before tapas plates came out; instead the salad was the last thing that came out. -- One of the tapas plates we ordered never arrived. Probably because the server didn't write anything down and just (tried) to memorize all of it. -- After we finished the dinner, the server came and asked if we wanted one check or two. We were actually expecting that she would ask us if we wanted dessert, but after the treatment we'd had, we didn't bother with trying to order something else.
- Everything you could wantFun4friendsDined on 9/12/2014Great food and a unique cocktail menu. Wait staff could not have been nicer. A great place for special occasions or drinks with friends. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerLocalRestaurantLoverDined on 9/9/2014We came to Sidebar 122 for a birthday celebration and everything was great. It was a Tapas Tuesday and the tapas were all delicious and kept coming non-stop from 5-7pm. We were a group of right and the service was wonderful, despite there being other large groups there as well. Bartender made wonderful cocktails and when we ordered additional tapas off the menu they were all very tasty! The restaurant even gave us a complimentary champagne toast since we were there for a special occasion. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, OK foodChicagoMomDined on 8/29/2014Chose this place for the high reviews. The ambience is cozy and has a hip city vibe. Unfortunately, the meal did not deliver. The "tapas" (which are small plates from Spain) were enormous . They were palatable but nothing to write home about. Our main courses were eggplant parm and seafood opera. The eggplant was fine but lacked seasoning and flavor, and the seafood pasta dish - which promised a wide assortment of shellfish had an overabundance of muscles (the cheapest of the shellfish), just a few clams, 1 scallop and no squid. As far as flavor, it too was dull. What saved the night was the atmosphere and outstanding service. Didn't hate this place but likely won't go back.Special Features:
- A true gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have dined at SideBar 122 many times. The food and cocktails are consistently good. Many restaurants who sever Tapas don't quite get the concept, at SideBar they get it right. The portions are perfect for sharing, yet small enough that you can try many different dishes. The pizzas and entrees are also excellent. On this recent visit, service was a little slow. There was a big party in the back, so I assume that played a part. We did get glasses of champagne on the house because the kitchen was backed up and it was given without us complaining about the service. It was nice that the staff recognized the delay, even though our party hadn't really noticed. I recommend SideBar for a nice evening out with friends or a special someone.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayDined on 8/16/2014I took my son here for his 15th birthday dinner. It was an excellent choice as I am exposing him to new foods. The food is exceptional and the staff really makes the experience one to remember. I would recommend this for any special event or even a nice dinner out with your partner. You will not be disappointed with anything from the menu.Special Features:
- Good Tapas in TownSophieDined on 8/16/2014Good food- Loved the tapas choices. Wine selection by the glass was limited. Garlic shrimp was good. The sauce accompanying the bread was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never dissapoints...LatinoFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I go to SideBar for special occasions and we loved it the first time and it was just as great the second time. It just was a bit nosy the second time around. I could hear the conversations all around us, especially next to us. It made it somewhat difficult to enjoy some quiet and alone time with my husband. However, the food was amazing and each bite was just as the first one. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time thereStewartVIPDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early. They had a fully stocked bar that is attractive. Our waiter explained that they had old time drinks available and he was helpful. I almost ordered a Moscow Mule that was on the menu but ordered a Malbec instead. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items. All four of us were very satisfied. The deserts were wonderful but too plentiful. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Delicious!AllieDined on 8/2/2014Went to Sidebar with friends and shared a variety of tapas. Everything was very good. Our waiter was very helpful and had extensive knowledge of the menu, both food and drinks. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great selection of TapasMaryEDined on 8/1/2014Food is very good and they have an eclectic choice of tapas. A bit on the noisy side but overall nice atmosphere. Would recommend. FYI there is tapas Tuesdays at the bar. Call for info.Special Features:
- The following 335 reviews are from the SideBar 122 reviews archive.
- Grat new restaurantcolumbusreviewDined on 7/26/2014Ate here last Saturday after being turned away at 2 of our favorite places. Extensive tappas list for those who don't want the $20+ entrees. We had full meals and food and service were terrific. When bus person missed the message about our friends needing a box the chef made up a whole new dish at no charge for them to take home. Only disappointment was the dessert; I had the bruscellina (cake/custard/almonds) which was stale and sort of chewy. Spouse said the chocolate mousse cake was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic with a Twist.Ladell8Dined on 7/23/2014My Husband and I decided to finally try this place, we thought Restaurant Week is the best time. We were not disappointed. I was sad there was not a chocolate dessert offered for the "special" menu but the Tres Leches cake was a nice alternative to the offered Flan. The Stand-outs here are the Fabulously seasoned and delectable entrees. I had the Lobster Ravioli and my Husband had the El Cubano. I Highly recommend them. The drink list is also a revelation. While pricey ($10.25 a piece), you are essentially getting two drinks for the price of one. They are expertly crafted. My only complaint(?) is we were in and out in exactly an hour. Otherwise our server Roger, was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:
- luvethnicfoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014Gourmet menu is delectable. This is our 5th dining experience and will come back again. Had invited friends to join us in some occasion, they too were very impressed with the gourmet selection, service and ambiance.I have food allergies and they were sensitive to my health issue. They have made me some appetizers off the menu just to cater to my allergies. Very friendly and humble service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Everything was delicious. Me and my boyfriend loved their prohibition style cocktails and fantastic food. Our waiter was personable and engaging and made us laugh while still letting us have our romantic time. Overall absolutely wonderful ambiance and food. We had a lovely evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing with great gluten free options. The staff was enthusiastic and provided exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and tapasCreekerVIPDined on 7/12/2014The bar specializes in old-style cocktails and makes most of their flavorings from scratch. My Sazarac was terrific. The hummus and fried pita that come with the drinks was excellent, too. And 4 tapas was more than enough food for the two of us. If they were open on Sunday, we would have gone back a second time before leaving town.Special Features:
- Well-prepared, quality ingredientsmkbesqDined on 7/12/2014We (two couples) enjoyed tapas and drinks on the patio on Saturday night. The food was well-prepared, made with quality ingredients. Signature cocktails are "craft" (meaning all made from scratch, with mixers made in-house, but very expensive). The value of the tapas made up for the spendy drinks (of course, most places downtown/short north are serving cocktails at $10+ now). Great service.Special Features:
- great tapas and drinksguatoncitoDined on 7/11/2014We got maybe 1/3 of the way through the tapas menu and everything was delicious. This included the empanadas, ceviche, spanish sausage, shrimp in garlic sauce (super yummy) and fried octopus. On top of that, even though it wasn't on the drinks menu they turned out to have pisco sour, our all-time favorite lubricant for this type of food. Plus great service and very friendly owners. Worth a drive.Special Features:
- Nice tapas/drink special on TuesVinceGVIPDined on 7/8/2014Out of town on business and decided to drop by after a long day of training. Had a glass of wine and was pleasantly surprised to find out complimentary tapas was included. Not crowded...which was fine by me since I needed to just wind down. Loved the jazz music piped over the sound system.Special Features:
- Great Big Tapas MealMichaelDined on 7/5/2014We had "dinner" here with a group of 8. It was a fun evening and the restaurant was relatively empty. The drinks were good, but not outstanding. We ended up splitting multiple tapas and everyone splitting dinner. Food was very delightful. Also, we pretty affordable. All-in-all a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect place for red.white & boomAnitamdVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a group of 12 and they accommodated vegetarians and the meatatarians equally well. We enjoyed the chicken flatbread, tomato goat cheese dip and the mussels plus multiple other tapas. Service was excellent and even though we were late for our reservation they got us out in time to walk down to the fireworksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic everythingHappyDinerDined on 6/19/2014My Boyfriend and decided to try out Sidebar 122 for dinner on a Thursday night. He had the Talapia entree and I had the vegetable pasta, both were amazing. While the food was great, the truly fantastic part of our dinner was the Moscow Mule. The absolute greatest Moscow Mule in Columbus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.