122 E. Main Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sidebar122.com/
- Phone: 6142289041
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: Dining Room 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Bar 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alberto Tapia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please email us at Events@Sidebar122.com for inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to Sidebar 122, your unique meeting and event space. We are pleased to offer a Mediterranean inspired menu enhanced by the flavors of Modern South American Cuisine. For those who value an unparalleled culinary experience, we invite you to host your next event with us!
Our facility offers accommodations for everything from small intimate dinners to large receptions utilizing our multi-levels! We are happy to configure our spaces to match the needs of your event - please do not hesitate to ask questions! Our rental rates are based on food and beverage minimums established for the spaces - all rates are prior to tax & gratuity.
We also provide off-site catering - please inquire for details!
- Private Party Contact: Ronnie Grubb 6142289041
- Entertainment: Thursdays - Saturday in the lower level
- Special Events: We specialize in creating customized events to highlight the individuality of our guests. Our Chef can create anything from an hors d'oeuvres hour to a multi-course production for your guests to indulge in. Your event will be brought to life as our professional staff provides you, and your guests, with exceptional service. Please email us at Events@Sidebar122.com for inquires regarding special events.
A word from SideBar 122
Welcome to Sidebar Columbus! Our menu offers a Mediterranean flare intermingled with our South American inspired small-plate dishes. Our focus on quality is second to none, from our service, food, wine and cocktails. Our wine list, priced to sell and be enjoyed, is user-friendly, and complements the cuisine. Our barkeepers create signature drinks reminiscent of the roaring twenties—one at a time. We invite you to sit back, enjoy a cocktail or a generous glass of wine and experience our comfortably sophisticated atmosphere and friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
SideBar 122 - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
SideBar 122 reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)romantic (27)good for groups (25)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Food fine, Service notdmohVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food tasted great. We ordered from the tapas menu and everything was good. Service was distracted. We were ignored most of the time, and when we did get attention, things were usually wrong: -- Asked for salad before tapas plates came out; instead the salad was the last thing that came out. -- One of the tapas plates we ordered never arrived. Probably because the server didn't write anything down and just (tried) to memorize all of it. -- After we finished the dinner, the server came and asked if we wanted one check or two. We were actually expecting that she would ask us if we wanted dessert, but after the treatment we'd had, we didn't bother with trying to order something else.
- Everything you could wantFun4friendsDined on 9/12/2014Great food and a unique cocktail menu. Wait staff could not have been nicer. A great place for special occasions or drinks with friends. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerLocalRestaurantLoverDined on 9/9/2014We came to Sidebar 122 for a birthday celebration and everything was great. It was a Tapas Tuesday and the tapas were all delicious and kept coming non-stop from 5-7pm. We were a group of right and the service was wonderful, despite there being other large groups there as well. Bartender made wonderful cocktails and when we ordered additional tapas off the menu they were all very tasty! The restaurant even gave us a complimentary champagne toast since we were there for a special occasion. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, OK foodChicagoMomDined on 8/29/2014Chose this place for the high reviews. The ambience is cozy and has a hip city vibe. Unfortunately, the meal did not deliver. The "tapas" (which are small plates from Spain) were enormous . They were palatable but nothing to write home about. Our main courses were eggplant parm and seafood opera. The eggplant was fine but lacked seasoning and flavor, and the seafood pasta dish - which promised a wide assortment of shellfish had an overabundance of muscles (the cheapest of the shellfish), just a few clams, 1 scallop and no squid. As far as flavor, it too was dull. What saved the night was the atmosphere and outstanding service. Didn't hate this place but likely won't go back.Special Features:
- A true gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have dined at SideBar 122 many times. The food and cocktails are consistently good. Many restaurants who sever Tapas don't quite get the concept, at SideBar they get it right. The portions are perfect for sharing, yet small enough that you can try many different dishes. The pizzas and entrees are also excellent. On this recent visit, service was a little slow. There was a big party in the back, so I assume that played a part. We did get glasses of champagne on the house because the kitchen was backed up and it was given without us complaining about the service. It was nice that the staff recognized the delay, even though our party hadn't really noticed. I recommend SideBar for a nice evening out with friends or a special someone.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayDined on 8/16/2014I took my son here for his 15th birthday dinner. It was an excellent choice as I am exposing him to new foods. The food is exceptional and the staff really makes the experience one to remember. I would recommend this for any special event or even a nice dinner out with your partner. You will not be disappointed with anything from the menu.Special Features:
- Good Tapas in TownSophieDined on 8/16/2014Good food- Loved the tapas choices. Wine selection by the glass was limited. Garlic shrimp was good. The sauce accompanying the bread was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never dissapoints...LatinoFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I go to SideBar for special occasions and we loved it the first time and it was just as great the second time. It just was a bit nosy the second time around. I could hear the conversations all around us, especially next to us. It made it somewhat difficult to enjoy some quiet and alone time with my husband. However, the food was amazing and each bite was just as the first one. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time thereStewartVIPDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early. They had a fully stocked bar that is attractive. Our waiter explained that they had old time drinks available and he was helpful. I almost ordered a Moscow Mule that was on the menu but ordered a Malbec instead. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items. All four of us were very satisfied. The deserts were wonderful but too plentiful. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Delicious!AllieDined on 8/2/2014Went to Sidebar with friends and shared a variety of tapas. Everything was very good. Our waiter was very helpful and had extensive knowledge of the menu, both food and drinks. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great selection of TapasMaryEDined on 8/1/2014Food is very good and they have an eclectic choice of tapas. A bit on the noisy side but overall nice atmosphere. Would recommend. FYI there is tapas Tuesdays at the bar. Call for info.Special Features:
- Grat new restaurantcolumbusreviewDined on 7/26/2014Ate here last Saturday after being turned away at 2 of our favorite places. Extensive tappas list for those who don't want the $20+ entrees. We had full meals and food and service were terrific. When bus person missed the message about our friends needing a box the chef made up a whole new dish at no charge for them to take home. Only disappointment was the dessert; I had the bruscellina (cake/custard/almonds) which was stale and sort of chewy. Spouse said the chocolate mousse cake was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic with a Twist.Ladell8Dined on 7/23/2014My Husband and I decided to finally try this place, we thought Restaurant Week is the best time. We were not disappointed. I was sad there was not a chocolate dessert offered for the "special" menu but the Tres Leches cake was a nice alternative to the offered Flan. The Stand-outs here are the Fabulously seasoned and delectable entrees. I had the Lobster Ravioli and my Husband had the El Cubano. I Highly recommend them. The drink list is also a revelation. While pricey ($10.25 a piece), you are essentially getting two drinks for the price of one. They are expertly crafted. My only complaint(?) is we were in and out in exactly an hour. Otherwise our server Roger, was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:
- luvethnicfoodDined on 7/22/2014Gourmet menu is delectable. This is our 5th dining experience and will come back again. Had invited friends to join us in some occasion, they too were very impressed with the gourmet selection, service and ambiance.I have food allergies and they were sensitive to my health issue. They have made me some appetizers off the menu just to cater to my allergies. Very friendly and humble service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Everything was delicious. Me and my boyfriend loved their prohibition style cocktails and fantastic food. Our waiter was personable and engaging and made us laugh while still letting us have our romantic time. Overall absolutely wonderful ambiance and food. We had a lovely evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing with great gluten free options. The staff was enthusiastic and provided exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and tapasCreekerDined on 7/12/2014The bar specializes in old-style cocktails and makes most of their flavorings from scratch. My Sazarac was terrific. The hummus and fried pita that come with the drinks was excellent, too. And 4 tapas was more than enough food for the two of us. If they were open on Sunday, we would have gone back a second time before leaving town.Special Features:
- Well-prepared, quality ingredientsmkbesqDined on 7/12/2014We (two couples) enjoyed tapas and drinks on the patio on Saturday night. The food was well-prepared, made with quality ingredients. Signature cocktails are "craft" (meaning all made from scratch, with mixers made in-house, but very expensive). The value of the tapas made up for the spendy drinks (of course, most places downtown/short north are serving cocktails at $10+ now). Great service.Special Features:
- great tapas and drinksguatoncitoDined on 7/11/2014We got maybe 1/3 of the way through the tapas menu and everything was delicious. This included the empanadas, ceviche, spanish sausage, shrimp in garlic sauce (super yummy) and fried octopus. On top of that, even though it wasn't on the drinks menu they turned out to have pisco sour, our all-time favorite lubricant for this type of food. Plus great service and very friendly owners. Worth a drive.Special Features:
- Nice tapas/drink special on TuesVinceGVIPDined on 7/8/2014Out of town on business and decided to drop by after a long day of training. Had a glass of wine and was pleasantly surprised to find out complimentary tapas was included. Not crowded...which was fine by me since I needed to just wind down. Loved the jazz music piped over the sound system.Special Features:
- Great Big Tapas MealMichaelDined on 7/5/2014We had "dinner" here with a group of 8. It was a fun evening and the restaurant was relatively empty. The drinks were good, but not outstanding. We ended up splitting multiple tapas and everyone splitting dinner. Food was very delightful. Also, we pretty affordable. All-in-all a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect place for red.white & boomAnitamdVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a group of 12 and they accommodated vegetarians and the meatatarians equally well. We enjoyed the chicken flatbread, tomato goat cheese dip and the mussels plus multiple other tapas. Service was excellent and even though we were late for our reservation they got us out in time to walk down to the fireworksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic everythingHappyDinerDined on 6/19/2014My Boyfriend and decided to try out Sidebar 122 for dinner on a Thursday night. He had the Talapia entree and I had the vegetable pasta, both were amazing. While the food was great, the truly fantastic part of our dinner was the Moscow Mule. The absolute greatest Moscow Mule in Columbus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SideBar 122chrisDined on 6/18/2014I've been in several times for the hand crafted cocktails and Tapas Tuesday noshes, so we tried SideBar for dinner before a recent show at the Southern Theatre. We were not disappointed in any aspect of the dining experience. The bar takes great pride in their craft and classic retro drinks with unique artistic twists. After cocktails, we ordered up a beet salad and wedge salad, then eggplant parmesan and the tilapia. Our server was kind enough to substitute rice & tomatoes for the mashed potatoes on my entre. The side of spinach was a perfect and garlicky compliment. Upon inquiring about the beautiful architecture of the building we were given an entertaining history of 122. This will be a special place to take our friends.Special Features:
- food allergyluvethnicfoodDined on 6/14/2014I mentioned at time of reservation that one of the guests is allergic to onion and cinnamon. The chef accommodated the request. The chef also made special appetizer not in in menu list as most in menu has onion. The chef accommodated the guests health issues. We will definitely go back again. Good service too.Special Features:
- Good Tapas, Even better EntreestorusDined on 6/13/2014The service was excellent, the wine list was good though the staff could only make recommendations about the ones served by the glass. We ordered a tapas plate for each of us and an entree. Way too much food but it's all extremely delicious. The three of us are from out of town and this was the perfect place to hang out and catch up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2014delicious food and drink. underrated quality in a neighborhood in need of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPicsInfoDined on 5/31/2014Great Food, nice ambiance. All of the items triedWould definitely come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightYayfoodDined on 5/30/2014A couple of my girlfriends and I went to sidebar for dinner. Staff was friendly and timely. Everything we ordered was amazing. Building has a lot of character, but id like to see some aesthetic remodeling in the dining room. Definitely great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimRDined on 5/24/2014Syrah wine was wonderful with lamb shank! We loved the mushroom and the chicken skewers tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 315 reviews are from the SideBar 122 reviews archive.
- Great Tapas and CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I had a fantastic meal full of interesting tapas and cocktails. Highly recommend the beef empanadas and manchego cheese and ham tapas. The cocktails were even better. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that after we saw a show at the Ohio Theater, we returned with friends for a night cap at the bar. Friendly servers and staff that made it a truly special evening for us.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnerbbg1977Dined on 5/16/2014I frequent this restaurant and I've never been disappointed, wonderful food and service is fantasic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience....foodlover7Dined on 4/26/2014Great experience, anytime myself, or the party I was with, we had a great time. Great service, atmosphere, and outstanding food. I would recommend this experience to anyone !!!!!Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014We had dinner at Sidebar on Saturday night. Everything was great. Our server took great care of us and the food was outstanding. Well prepared and perfect flavors. We have been here several times and it seems to be getting better and better each time we go. The owner seems to be paying attention to the details. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/21/2014Went in expecting a Spanish style of Tapas. We were treated to more of a South American Flare! Great for me as my wife is Peruvian. The Beef Empanadas were awesome. Grilled chicken skewers with Chimichuri were also a "10". Actually, all of the items we had were just perfect. Finished with some very refreshing sorbets. We were there during happy hour so our total bill with drinks and tip was very reasonable. Even though the happy hour menu is usually limited to the bar, we were able to get it in the restaurant proper, which was a nice treat and added a bit to the ambiance and made for a quieter time. Whenever we are in Columbus, we will be going back to this restaurant for sure.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014Love the Brie pizza. My husband had the halibut special and the cannelli bean risotto was fantastic.Special Features:
- Going down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014We've been to Sidebar 122 several times over the past few This past Friday night 6 of us dined. Tapas in general were excellent. We had the squid, octopus, halibut fritters, tomato basil dip, veal meatballs. The pasta was very under cooked. My wife could not eat it, the waiter was very nice and took it back (we did not return it, she was willing just not to eat it). But he insisted. He said he would bring her another, she said no thank you,he insisted on bringing her lobster ravioli. It was ok. When the bill came he credited the pasta dish, but charged her for the lobster ravioli that she really did not want. In my opinion, he should have never charged for the replacement. My duck was good not great. Not sure if I would return.Special Features:
- Delicious New Findjwhit5Dined on 4/5/2014Tried Sidebarr 122 after an early Promusica show based on positive reviews. Neither of us wanted a large meal so we opted for tapas/salad. The squid was properly (lightly) breaded, not overcooked or rubbery. The accompaniment (billed as cilantro-lemon aioli) was two small pots of thick spread. The white version had little flavor, the yellow version hinted of lemon and complimented the squid. My friend had the Galician octopus and enjoyed it. The house salad was plentiful, flavorful with the right amount of dressing. Very bustling place but not so noisy we had to shout. Host and wait staff attentive and pleasant. I would have preferred a table with a bit more lighting. Only small complaints, so will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodJamieDined on 4/5/2014The filet was incredible. The wedge salad didn't have an egg... tilapia ceviche was pretty good the potatoes tapas were just alright. Also had the mussels, they were delish, very flavorful and juicy and big...bigger than anything you can buy here in columbus at the grocery stores. Overall, we walked out happy and full. Moscow mule was pretty good tooSpecial Features:
- Very good fodd and service...RobinsnestDined on 3/26/2014Very good fodd and service... a must try resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.