614 Kapahulu Ave, #100
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Side Street Inn Kapahulu
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.sidestreetinn.com/
- Phone: (808) 667-3939
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 745am - 10:30am (SEASONAL SEPT - DEC ONLY); Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Weekends - 1PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Colin Nishida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Large Parties, Special events, & Catering, Please inquire @ email@example.com Attn: Rbzs "tata"
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private rooms that can accomadate up to 35 people per room or can be opened up to seat 60-70 guests.
These rooms can be reserved in advance pending on availability. There is no charge to utilize these rooms but we do have some requirements when making reservations for parties of 15 or more people.
- Private Party Contact: Robbie "Tata" Acoba 8087393939x
- Entertainment: Direct TV satellite system - Live NFL Games- Seasonal
Private Rooms Accomadations
- Special Events: WEDDING REHEARSALS, PRIVATE LUNCHEONS, PRIVATE ROOM PARTIES...
- Cross Street: Date St.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We do offer valet parking that can be accessed from the kapahulu entrance. If you are on Kapahulu, the driveway will be on your right after you past the Prudential Locations building directly across the street for Zippy's Kapahulu. Proceed down the driveway under the building and you will see our valets ready to assist you. Valet parking is $5.00, tips are welcomed and appreciated!!
Side Street Inn boasts something for everyone from sports lovers to wine connoisseurs with satellite-ready, big-screen TVs to view games and a full-bar with a vast variety of domestic and imported beers (even their own signature "Side Street Inn Rogue Ale"). Sit back and relax, as we introduce your bellies to pure happiness. Featured on Local Networks and The Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain's NO RESERVATIONS and Adam's Richman's FOOD NATION any many media and magazines.
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
- Family Reunion!mochaVIPDined on 11/15/2014A small family reunion for seven people allowed us to order six dishes to eat family-style and three desserts. The kim chee fried rice, pork chop, and garlic ahi were great, as always. For dessert, the brownie-brownie-brownie, peanut butter crunch, and bread pudding (all ala mode) caused a family disagreement as to which one was the best. Nice casual, good food restaurant, but go with a group so you can order lots of dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local hangout with amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014The Side Street Inn is a well known restaurant among locals foodies and chefs alike. The food is great, Hawaiian comfort food at it's best, the portions are huge and served family style. Not to be missed are the fried pork chops which are seasoned to perfection, tender and juicy, the passion fruit / lilikoi ribs are fabulous and for those who want to eat something lighter they serve great fish dishes and delicious salads too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork chopStephen361Dined on 11/14/2014Order pork chops, salad and Robb's that is to die for!! The best ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Side Street InnGerryVIPDined on 11/7/2014Nice place with good food. Also the waiting staff is great. Good job. Keep it all up!Special Features:
- Ono goodCoopDined on 11/6/2014Been going to the old side street for years. Tried out the new location for the first time and loved it. Different vibe. The place was packed. We got seated right away. Huge crowd waiting for tables. Service was fast and the server was friendly. Food is as good as the original. Pan fried pork chops and fried rice is killer. Hard place to eat with just 2 people since the portions are so big but makes for great leftovers. Still love the vibe of the old place but this newer location is perfect for us to walk. Awesom bar to sit and watch football too. Go and plan to leave full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Side Street makes it happenDDrkVIPDined on 11/5/2014Side Street Inn is not just a place to eat. It's a place to have fun, while eating great food with excellent service. Whether meeting family or friends, Side Street makes it happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local food & hospitalityJavaTheGutDined on 11/3/2014Recommended by kama'ina (local person). Generous tasty portions. Food, service & drinks were fantastic. Place gets busy, so book a reservation, or allow some extra time, especially if a game is on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 最高でした！FamousHawaianDOGDined on 10/22/2014ポークchop、キムチ炒飯を頂きました。量が多いので持ち帰り翌朝の朝食にしましたが、味はとても美味しかったです。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort food & great servicedinnerfortwoVIPDined on 10/22/2014Everything was cooked to perfection and the six in our party had a variety of things from a poke combo, beef teri, fried chicken, and ribeye steak through desserts. Ambiance is more sports bar than anything else but lots of families and friendly, professional service. Terrific value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 10/18/2014The fried rice here never disappoints, and the spicy Korean-Stye fried chicken was really good. Their famous pork chops were nicely cooks, but a little dry. A great place to meet with friends to have drinks and great pupus.Special Features:
- ｏｎｏkiosanDined on 10/9/2014I ate a lot. Not only is the amount, ｂｕｔ delicious, soooooooooooo ono!Special Features:
- Good food - sports bar.DianeDined on 10/2/2014This is a well known sports bar located on Kapuhulu. You must make reservations - because they often have a waiting list. Pork chops and fried rice are the must have items. The chicken salad was not very good. TVs everywhere and good food. Great place to watch a football game. Normally large crowds with lots of yelling.Special Features:
- OMG !ChuckVIPDined on 10/1/2014Get the pork chops, Nala salad, Korean BBQ and fried rice. Our favorite restaurant in Hawaii . . . enough said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Honolulu Great for EatingDineifyoudareDined on 9/29/2014I came in with great expectations for a wonderful dining experience and was not disappointed. Every dish we ordered steamed opah with veggies, pulehu ribs and traditional fried rice were all well balanced and flavorful. Nice to have such good food in a laid back atmosphere! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedkamaainaDined on 9/27/2014I chose this restaurant because it is close to the theatre I and my 7 guests were going to. Curtain goes up at 8. We arrived at 5:30 and had a relaxed evening, including dessert and were out by 7:30. This is a family restaurant, serving family sized portions. Many dishes are meant to be shared, but single servings are also available.. Huge platter of fried rice was very good; kim chee fried rice which I have had at their other location, is also available. The thin crust pizza we shared was very good, but I'm not a pizza expert. The escargot was surprisingly small, but the sauce was very good. The boneless kalbi I ordered was tenderized and left a bit too long in the marinade, but it disappeared quickly. Full bar. We'd go back.Special Features:
- Ono GrindsGerryVIPDined on 9/27/2014Side Street Inn offers a great variety of food. Everything ever tried was wonderful. Also the service is great and the prices are somewhat reasonable. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Great casual diningMMahonDined on 9/24/2014Great casual spot for dinner. fried rice, pork chops and peanut crunch are a must. Ask for Michelle to wait on you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy foodiluvsmartiesDined on 9/20/2014food was amazing, beer was cold, football was on. service was okaySpecial Features:
- The customer is always rightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Booked the res notated there would be a stroller. Received a phone call to confirm time date and number of people where and I quote "confirming 7 people plus a child in stroller" however when I got there the MANAGER gave me so much attitude about how he thought it was 7 including the stroller. Perhaps we aren't on the same page on what the word "plus" means. I was under the impressing it means in addition to not including. But what was worst about the whole thing was the attitude about how they didn't have a table for us dispite the fact I made a reservation and he said it was my fault... How was that my fault?
- SteveDined on 9/16/2014Local hangout. Food was delicious. Off the busy tourist area.Special Features:
- too much 2poeple!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014I went Side Street Inn Kapahulu first time. Thank you very delicious food!! too much for 2 people! But I will go next time,too. I love pork chopp&beer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Gathering SpoteatingpeterDined on 9/1/2014Family sized portions of down-home local Hawaiian fare make this a fun place to get together with family or friends for a relaxing casual night out. Happy hour cocktails are great!Special Features:
- LisaDined on 8/26/2014The food is outstanding. The bar service was a little slow - there was only one bartender on for the entire restaurant. But the rest of the experience was very good. It is definitely a place for locals and a great place to bring a large family. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-style eateryFamilystyleDined on 8/17/2014We had the hiyako, spicy chicken, fried rice with lop cheung, and their specialty pork chops plus lilloki creme brûlée & like a fried ice cream dish. Thumbs up for everything but pork which was too dry for our liking and creme brûlée had good flavor but I like mine to be firmer consistency. Their beef chips were interesting but will pass next time since it was pricey. We want to go back to try other dishes, heard smoked meats are really good.Special Features:
- Side Street Inn,the no ka oi Place!GerryVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food at reasonable prices. Always enjoy going there.Special Features:
- Go here!ChuckVIPDined on 8/7/2014what else can anyone say - if you are hungry, go to Side Street for the meal you are looking for! All great, especially the pork chops, Nala salad, Korean beef. WOW!Special Features:
- Great Value and Large PortionsfoodforlifeVIPDined on 8/7/2014We have eaten here on numerous occasions and always have left overs afterwards. The portion size is really big and the food is delicious. We always order the fried rice and the short ribs. This restaurant is on all of my friends "places to eat list for Oahu". You get a lot for the money and will not go away hungry. The place is noisy and always busy so don't expect to have a romantic evening here.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014My mainland guests love this place, great food, atmosphere and easy to get to.Special Features:
- Let's Paaaarte!LovesYummyVIPDined on 7/24/2014This was the first time I'd been there with hubby, and we were celebrating a friend's birthday. Our friend doesn't like fancy places or fancy foods, and so I chose this place, since it seemed to be a neighborhood gem. It was. The menu was filled with what we call "local grinds," or the type of food Hawaii people like. The place was not one to dress up for---just a tee-shirt and shorts kind of place. We ordered the restaurant's famous pork chops to begin the repast. It did not disappoint. They were absolutely delicious. Also ordered were the boneless kalbi and spicy chicken. Both were excellent and the quantities were way too much for three people to finish. The place was very lively by 6:30pm. A great place for a beer and great food,Special Features:
- The following 291 reviews are from the Side Street Inn Kapahulu reviews archive.
- WOW!ChuckVIPDined on 7/23/2014Stop looking, go here! THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOOD ON THE PLANET! Always a solid meal with amazing waiters! Ask the waiter for suggestions and order those. Can't miss for an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- ConsistentRaeDoubleUDined on 7/13/2014Side Street Inn remains a great restaurant with delicious pork chops and garlic fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food with excellent serviceGerryVIPDined on 7/6/2014We visit Side Street Inn Kapahulu regularly, yet I have never been disappointed yet. The crew is great, always friendly and helpful while the food is very good as well. Keep up the good work, Side Street Inn!!!!Special Features:
- ExpensiveFoodieDined on 7/3/2014Very large portions and expensive to eat here. Bring a large group or you'll be taking home a lot of leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodKEDCVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food and service was good except for a burger that took almost an hour to get to our table!!Special Features:
- Would recommend.GeomelDined on 6/26/2014Portions were huge. Meant for sharing. Food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Go here!ChuckVIPDined on 6/24/2014If you want to eat, go here! This is your place whether you are local or from anywhere else in the world. Their food is THE BEST! pork chops, rice, Nala salad, Korean beef . . .you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014My family was going home and had to be at the airport by 5:30 , so we booked a reservation for 3:15. The only problem was that there was no parking in the building and I refused to park on the outside being afraid that their suitcases and valuables will be ripped off. I was willing to pay for parking in the building so that worked out. The timing was perfect, we even ordered the delicious whole steamed fish, which is never available at night so all went well. Thank you for the delicious meal and good service. Our Texans came home for a short visit and we ate there twice. They requested your place for their final meal. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great reasonably priced food!chewchewDined on 6/15/2014Love the food. As usual the pork chops and garlic chicken were the best. My son loves the calamari. The best way to enjoy all the different foods is to go in a group so that you can order several of their yummies. Even though it was father's day, the service was still excellent and food was fresh, hot and great tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KekosmamaDined on 6/11/2014Their kitchen is fast. You don't wait long for your food and everything comes out hot and fresh. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- mmooreDined on 6/10/2014Just like it's mothership store, the Kapahulu location is just as great. The food was excellent, the service was great. Only disappointed that they did not wish my sister-in-law a Happy Birthday. I did enter that in the special occassion section of Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.