614 Kapahulu Ave, #100
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Side Street Inn Kapahulu
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.sidestreetinn.com/
- Phone: 8086673939
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 6:30am - 1:00pm (SEASONAL SEPT - DEC ONLY); Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Colin Nishida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Large Parties, Special events, & Catering, Please inquire @ firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Rbzs "tata"
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private rooms that can accomadate up to 35 people per room or can be opened up to seat 60-70 guests. These rooms can be reserved in advance pending on availability. There is no charge to utilize these rooms but we do have some requirements when making reservations for parties of 15 or more people.
- Private Party Contact: Robbie "Tata" Acoba 8087393939
- Entertainment: Direct TV satellite system - Live NFL Games- Seasonal Private Rooms Accomadations
- Special Events: WEDDING REHEARSALS, PRIVATE LUNCHEONS, PRIVATE ROOM PARTIES...
- Cross Street: Date St.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We do offer valet parking that can be accessed from the kapahulu entrance. If you are on Kapahulu, the driveway will be on your right after you past the Prudential Locations building directly across the street for Zippy's Kapahulu. Proceed down the driveway under the building and you will see our valets ready to assist you. Valet parking is $5.00, tips are welcomed and appreciated!!
Side Street Inn boasts something for everyone from sports lovers to wine connoisseurs with satellite-ready, big-screen TVs to view games and a full-bar with a vast variety of domestic and imported beers (even their own signature "Side Street Inn Rogue Ale"). Guests that are in the mood for wine can choose from a nice selection of whites and reds or opt for "Colin's List" that features owner Colin Nishida's premium stash.
Sit back and relax, as we introduce your bellies to pure happiness
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- LisaDined on 8/26/2014The food is outstanding. The bar service was a little slow - there was only one bartender on for the entire restaurant. But the rest of the experience was very good. It is definitely a place for locals and a great place to bring a large family. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-style eateryFamilystyleDined on 8/17/2014We had the hiyako, spicy chicken, fried rice with lop cheung, and their specialty pork chops plus lilloki creme brûlée & like a fried ice cream dish. Thumbs up for everything but pork which was too dry for our liking and creme brûlée had good flavor but I like mine to be firmer consistency. Their beef chips were interesting but will pass next time since it was pricey. We want to go back to try other dishes, heard smoked meats are really good.Special Features:
- Side Street Inn,the no ka oi Place!GerryVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food at reasonable prices. Always enjoy going there.Special Features:
- Go here!ChuckVIPDined on 8/7/2014what else can anyone say - if you are hungry, go to Side Street for the meal you are looking for! All great, especially the pork chops, Nala salad, Korean beef. WOW!Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014My mainland guests love this place, great food, atmosphere and easy to get to.Special Features:
- Let's Paaaarte!LovesYummyVIPDined on 7/24/2014This was the first time I'd been there with hubby, and we were celebrating a friend's birthday. Our friend doesn't like fancy places or fancy foods, and so I chose this place, since it seemed to be a neighborhood gem. It was. The menu was filled with what we call "local grinds," or the type of food Hawaii people like. The place was not one to dress up for---just a tee-shirt and shorts kind of place. We ordered the restaurant's famous pork chops to begin the repast. It did not disappoint. They were absolutely delicious. Also ordered were the boneless kalbi and spicy chicken. Both were excellent and the quantities were way too much for three people to finish. The place was very lively by 6:30pm. A great place for a beer and great food,Special Features:
- ConsistentRaeDoubleUDined on 7/13/2014Side Street Inn remains a great restaurant with delicious pork chops and garlic fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food with excellent serviceGerryVIPDined on 7/6/2014We visit Side Street Inn Kapahulu regularly, yet I have never been disappointed yet. The crew is great, always friendly and helpful while the food is very good as well. Keep up the good work, Side Street Inn!!!!Special Features:
- ExpensiveFoodieDined on 7/3/2014Very large portions and expensive to eat here. Bring a large group or you'll be taking home a lot of leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodKEDCVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food and service was good except for a burger that took almost an hour to get to our table!!Special Features:
- Would recommend.GeomelDined on 6/26/2014Portions were huge. Meant for sharing. Food was fantastic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014My family was going home and had to be at the airport by 5:30 , so we booked a reservation for 3:15. The only problem was that there was no parking in the building and I refused to park on the outside being afraid that their suitcases and valuables will be ripped off. I was willing to pay for parking in the building so that worked out. The timing was perfect, we even ordered the delicious whole steamed fish, which is never available at night so all went well. Thank you for the delicious meal and good service. Our Texans came home for a short visit and we ate there twice. They requested your place for their final meal. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great reasonably priced food!chewchewDined on 6/15/2014Love the food. As usual the pork chops and garlic chicken were the best. My son loves the calamari. The best way to enjoy all the different foods is to go in a group so that you can order several of their yummies. Even though it was father's day, the service was still excellent and food was fresh, hot and great tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KekosmamaDined on 6/11/2014Their kitchen is fast. You don't wait long for your food and everything comes out hot and fresh. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- mmooreDined on 6/10/2014Just like it's mothership store, the Kapahulu location is just as great. The food was excellent, the service was great. Only disappointed that they did not wish my sister-in-law a Happy Birthday. I did enter that in the special occassion section of Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jufyVIPDined on 6/3/2014We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time. Our order was taken and the first courses were at our table quickly but with no rushed feeling. The food was delicious and, of course, we couldn't eat it all. We had the spicy chicken and the short ribs and both were fantastic. If we lived here we'd go to Side Street Inn on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Side Street Inn.GerryVIPDined on 5/31/2014Nice place with good food. Large portions at resonable prices.Special Features:
- Would dine there againEarlDined on 5/23/2014Food was VERY good and service was outstanding. Waiter was MOST attentive and polite and helpful. However, so many kids in the place that it was very noisy and we were unable to have a conversation. In spite of that, would definitely go back again for a delicious meal and great service.Special Features:
- Side Street Grill on Da StripMililaniDined on 5/20/2014Reservations are very much recommended. Ours was At 7:00, we arrived 5mins earlier and was very pleased that our table was ready and waiting. The waiter was very pleasant. We ordered their infamous grilled pork chops, so juicy and tasty. Also the house fried rice vs the kim Chee. Had it previously, its so so. Also ordered the market price Kobe beef with bone out very tasty, but a bit on the Salty side I thk next time we will go with the chicken salad vs the fried rice. And dessert was their pretty popular peanut butter chocolate crunch ala mode!! Da bomb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/13/2014This is a "must go to" anytime we are in Oahu. The food was excellent & Kyle's service matched it. Can't wait for our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort FoodKphjrVIPDined on 5/5/2014Sometimes you just want to have a great dinner with no pretense... Nothing fancy! Yet the food still must be delicious! Side Street hits the spot. We always walk away, pleased with our meal. The casual atmosphere and reasonable pricing is welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedluv2dineDined on 5/5/2014The Kula salad and kim chee fried rice was delicious. but our main dish Pulehu beef was over salted. It would have been good if it didn't have too much salt and kid of grisley. This wasn't the first time that I had a main dish that was over salted from there before.Special Features:
- The following 271 reviews are from the Side Street Inn Kapahulu reviews archive.
- ExcellentDebbieVIPDined on 4/28/2014As usual a memorable dining experience. Everything was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatElchisDined on 4/20/2014Food was good as usual but I think I've had better here. Maybe it was just the selections since ate things we normally do nor order here. Everything was fine but the wait for things was longer than usual. Still a great spot for dinner and one of my personal favorite places to eat on the island.Special Features:
- anyhow,it does not betray.shokoDined on 4/9/2014In what it asked for, it was wholly delicious. Everybody was satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Local FoodAcesDined on 4/9/2014Food is amazing with local flare and a fusion of island cuisine. Pork chops are amazing and the fried rice is Ono Ono. The finally desert peanut butter crunch will change your whole world, I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good to great foodcathVIPDined on 4/8/2014healthy portions fun to share ervice good. what's up, greeting staff?Special Features:
- Lived up to its reputationMarcSVIPDined on 4/3/2014Side Street on Kapahulu in Honolulul is always recommended by locals. Our group of 4 had 3 of the house favorites, fried rice, fried pork chops and spicy fried chicken. The portions are huge served family style and they discourage you from ordering too much. The food was great and the service was quick. It's great when a restaurant lives up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go to placenottrendyDined on 3/24/2014As someone of Japanese descent, the food here hits all the right notes. Probably wouldn't do the volume of business it it wasn't in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2014It was very noisy due to to all the people there to watch March Madness. There are too many TVs and the CC was not on the evening I was there. Other than that, the place is fabulous - just make sure there isn't a major sporting event going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceRaidersDined on 2/28/2014The Kapahulu location has all the great SS food from the original Ala Moana location, with much more convenient parking and good size booths and tables for parties. Service can get slow though when they get crowded and we waited a long time for our food because there were two large parties in the back - not really an excuse that a restaurant should make.Special Features:
- Over ratedBermudagirlDined on 2/27/2014We thought we'd try this place since it was mentioned in Sunset Magazine and we were very disappointed. The ribs we just ok but the fried rice was just plain bad. The portions were huge so I can see why it's so popular. I cannot seriously recommend it.
- Great food, no dress-up neededOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2014Great food in a bar/diner setting. Wear your shorts and flip flops and chow down on the enormous portions.Special Features:
- Okay food, so-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014My husband and I had reservations at Side Street Inn on Monday. The restaurant was packed. The host was really friendly and we were seated right away but were put at the table right next to the service station/kitchen so there was a ton of foot traffic around us all night. The waitress forgot to put in our starter (ahi poke). Normally when this sort of thing happens, they comp a drink or something because of the mistake. Nothing here. My husband had the bacon cheeseburger and I had the bacon cheeseburger sliders. The food was fine but the cheeseburger was greasy and gave my husband an upset stomach. A large group was seated next to us halfway through dinner and after they were seated it was nearly impossible to get the waitress's attentionSpecial Features:
- Best Kalbe Beef!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2014Hey, if it is ggod enough for Allen Wong, it is good enough for me! Highly recommend, fried rice, Asian Salad, Boneless Kalbe Beef, and Frien Pork Chops! Wait staff handled our 6 top perfectly, and we ate family style, mixing and matching. Open Table res was so easy ans Side Street Kapahulu is very busy with long waits at popular hours so, use Open Table! Works great and we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2014Any menu is also very pleased very delicious.I go whenever I went Waikiki.Special Features:
- Many MahaloLovetoEatDined on 2/19/2014Had a business diner and it was great. The food and drinks were outstanding as usual and they worked diligently to ensure that the meeting was a sucess. The relationships with now our partners was forged with the help of Side Street Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Place for EVERY OccassionBuyNowDined on 2/16/2014Great atmosphere. Great food. A wide variety of comfort food for any taste. Awesome dessert. Great selection of wine and spirits. Our family swears that the boneless kal-bi is the best you will ever have. We ALWAYS order the boneless chicken, "pocho" clams, calamari. pork chops and fried rice. Leave room and don't forget to place your order early for the molten chocolate cake for dessert. A fun place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 friendsanniversaryDined on 2/15/2014Our girls' night out included 3 first timers and they were really happy with the service, the food, etc. Definitely on our return dining list. Our waitress was really sweet.Special Features:
- The place locals recommendJuneNbDined on 2/14/2014We had been to the other Side Street location and this is the newer restaurant. The food was the same as the other location and we love the food and friendly atmosphere in this restaurant. It is best to go with a group as the dishes are served family style. The value is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.