Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
805 Saddleback Road NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5R4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sicilianpastakitchen.com/
- Phone: (780) 435-3888
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Donald Orchuk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 23rd Ave & 114 St
- Public Transit: Bus stops right out front, and LRT stop is less than 1 km away. Excellent accessibility to catch a quick meal before the game.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Large parking lot in front of restaurant as well as additional street parking if necessary.
A word from Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
Welcome to the Southern Italian Cuisine of the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen South. We feature an extensive menu that has many great Italian favorites on it as well as our chef's spin on some great Italian modern items. Come in and enjoy a delightful dinner for two or let us help you celebrate your special occasion for groups up to 125. We have a 140-seat dining room and a 50-seat patio. Both of which feature beautiful murals of the Italian countryside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South) - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South) reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)good for groups (64)kid-friendly (37)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (24)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good place for regular fareHomecookDined on 11/20/2014The service we received here was great from the time we were greeted with a smile to when we departed to a friendly wish to enjoy the remainder of our evening. The meal was hot, fresh and tasty. Great for week nights. Basic Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014The food is amazing ! Have been several time's. The service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmyalcDined on 11/8/2014I liked the relaxed feel of this place and would like to return to try more dishes. At first, I was disappointed to learn pizza was not an option on this night, but enjoyed the Borsetti and their caesar salad was amazing. Service was well-timed and friendly, and the wine was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, but too cramped up!2ris2Dined on 11/8/2014Great local food, but the tables and booths are very close together which makes it too noisy. We asked for a table but ended up getting a booth which got felt cramped by the end.Special Features:
- Our 1st visit but not our last!DiningDivaDined on 11/7/2014Since we moved here we have been meaning to try Sicilian Pasta Kitchen...not sure why we waited 8 years but it won't be that long before we return. I was slightly apprehensive, as the negative reviews I read almost always seemed to be during a busy Friday night. We were seated immediately. Our server arrived promptly smiling and full of energy! She took our drink orders and returned with them promptly. Our orders were taken smoothly and we never felt rushed, neglected, or unappreciated - quite the opposite. Our food arrived in a timely fashion and was all delicious. Our server was attentive but not annoyingly so and we quite enjoyed our night out at SPK. So much so, that we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outSherDined on 11/1/2014Haven't been here for a long time - was good to have our favourite foodSpecial Features:
- delicious!DiningdeluxeDined on 10/31/2014never disappointed - delicious food good portions and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First. VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first time dining at the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen. We were impressed with the food, service, and overall experience. We were treated extremely well by the hostess, and server. The food service, portions, flavours, and taste are what will bring us back again soon. We will recommend this restaurant to all our friends.Special Features:
- Great food. Rushed service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Great food, but the server brought this frantic feeling to the table. My wife and I had a good laugh about it, but if you wanted her attention, you had to work for it. It was the classic "is-everything-alright-okaygreat!" And gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Neighborhood PastaDailyDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Sicilian Pasta Kitchen is a comfortable place for a wide variety of good variety of pasta dishes. It's very popular and reservations are often required. It has a good neighborhood and family friendly feel. The food quality is good, though not outstanding. A great place to go when looking for a casual easy evening out.Special Features:
- Busy night but awesome dinner.diane6303Dined on 10/24/2014We met friends here on a busy Friday night. You need reservations especially on a weekend, which we had. It was super busy but we were seated quickly, the service was prompt and pleasant and food was delectable. Our friends were pleased with the wine selection. The Teramisu for dessert was fabulous. Being that it was so busy, it was loud and a little cramped but overall a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceNDCKVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent. Not the service. Took 20 minutes for her to bring our pop and order food. Didn't get the bread until after our meals arrived. She didn't bother checking in with us to see how our food was or if we needed drink refills until after we were done dinner. As we were leaving, she walked right by us and didn't acknowledge us at all. If this had been our first time, we'd likely never be back based on our service. But, the food is excellent and the other staff are very friendly, and so we'll return. But definitely asked to be placed in another section if we get that waitress again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterGastroFoodieDined on 10/18/2014We hit up the SPK the other day to revisit an old favourite. We hadn't been for a few years, but had such great memories of the place- hand made pasta, attentive friendly staff... But,alas, it seems that since our last visit there has been some changes. The food seems to be more on par with the old spaghetti factory, than delicious gems. The staff were attentive, but it seemed to no longer be as friendly as they once were. Just going through their paces. Though the food was alright, I think that the SPK has lost it's touch.Special Features:
- The food never disappoints!SubyDudeDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have been coming here a couple times a year for years. The food is outstanding, and reasonably priced. It feels more expensive than it actually is. Great for couples, kids and groups. This place is always busy, so be sure to book a seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodHoppingbyDined on 10/17/2014Another great meal with perfectly cooked pasta, chicken and prawns. The tomato sauce was delicious with the right amount of seasoning. A pretty healthy portion too. Our service was wonderful too, a friendly and knowledgeable waitress who was attentive and helpful with suggestions. Definitely planning to come back as soon as I can.Special Features:
- Office restaurant fav!DentalofficeDined on 10/16/2014Our office loves coming to Sicilian Pasta Kitchen for lunch--LOVE the mushroom soup! Great service too-Special Features:
- Late againmamaDDined on 10/10/2014We eat at Sicilian Pasta Kitchen about 7 times per year in a large group which has not made it difficult as the service was so slow. With kids it is difficult to wait so long for dinner. Last night we were a small group of 4. Our table was ready early which was nice. The service was not as timely. Busy place so we waited for about 15 minutes to get our orders in and our order was pretty simple. Drinks came on time as did our salads. Entrees took over an hour from finishing our salads. The server kept apologizing as did the manager the time before we came but again it is just too long to wait for dinner. Food was good but with only 2 entrees to cook as we split our polo alla creama, it was unreasonable to wait this long.Special Features:
- 502buchDined on 10/10/2014Food was good as usual but the service was very slow....... Also, it was a noisy night at the restaurant. There are a lot of Italian restaurants in the city, so the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen will need to pick it up a little!Special Features:
- enjoyableeatoutoftenDined on 10/5/2014my husband and i had a great time. the suggested wine was good and the food was very nice also. there was actually enough for our lunches the next day. i would go againSpecial Features:
- Great dinner for the whole familyDoNonameDined on 10/5/2014Sunday Family feast is great dinner for larger groups and special occasions. The whole family enjoyed our meal and there was plenty leftover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014It was a Friday evening and the restaurant was very busy so of course noisy! I had difficulty hearing the server as I was sitting at the far end of a large booth. The air conditioning was not on and it was extremely warm. We also had to wait a very long time for our meal... not sure why as people around us were getting their meals, that came in after us! It was my birthday so the whole experience was a little disappointing. I would recommend this restaurant because the food was good but would also advise not to go on a weekend evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerNeeterDined on 10/3/2014It was my first time there and it was excellent. I ordered the wrong entree and they made it right with out any hesitation. I would recommend them to anyone and I will be back.
- NickDined on 10/2/2014To begin, our server was delightful, helpful with our selections and knowledgeable about the menu and a great sense of humour! Our appetizer of mussels arrived kind of lukewarm...but the flavour was spot on. Our mains were all great, in all it was a great experience and will definitely recommend it to friend etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantAngieTDined on 9/28/2014This is a favorite of our family for dinner. Always good food & good serviceSpecial Features:
- One of our favoritesCindyBDined on 9/21/2014Sicilian pasta kitchen is one of our favorite family spots on a Sunday. We gather up the children & grandparents for the family feast. It is also a good "date night" location on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome!NipsyDined on 9/20/2014This is only a few blocks from our house yet we've only been 4 times but EACH of those times, the food and service have been outstanding. My only knock is that the last couple of times we've been, it was incredibly hot (uncomfortably hot) in the restaurant. It wasn't even a hot day. Meals are great proportions and pricing is moderate for a quality "home cooked meal" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kbcauseDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic but we were a little disappointed as you were out of the wine we ordered as well as the level of service tapered off after we received our meal. Would of gladly ordered another bottle of wine but was not asked by our server nor did even really see the waiter after our meal arrived so we could order one either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud/burnt foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our salads were very good, but for the main course, (chicken), was burnt very badly and could hardly cut through it. Someone tried to cover up the fact on my dinner by taking the breading off the bottom. We complained and were given a free dinner, but our main course ruined. The other couple that was at our table didn't have a fork for dinner and ended up taking one from the table next to us. The waiter finally arrived with a fork about 10 minutes later.
- First visit, probably my last.lolliDined on 9/13/2014The server we had, Alex, was amazing. The food wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I heard many good things but upon receiving appies and entrées I was very disappointed. I probably won't return.
- Great local restaurantAngieTDined on 9/10/2014This is a favourite for my family for dinners as a group. Always great food!Special Features:
- I was happy with all of it.blacklance36Dined on 9/8/2014I visited this restaurant during a recent trip to Edmonton. The service and food were very good. I will go back.Special Features:
- Always amazing!MmmmDined on 9/3/2014Food and staff are always amazing. Everyone we bring here have plans to return.Special Features:
- soooo goooooddddPLFANVIPDined on 9/2/2014Girlfriends meeting after a long day of work for comfort food, a nice glass of wine and great conversation. Our expectations were met and we leave with the memories of a great evening . thank you SPS ... I've been coming here since the day you opened and still find it one of the best restaurants in edmonton and beyond... always lots of staff, always accommodating and friendly, great food, caring service. thank youSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinner on August 30pastabuffsDined on 8/30/2014As always, the food was wonderful. Our waitress, even though very busy, was very pleasant and helpful. In retrospect, I should have asked for a table. The booths are large but a bit cramped for 3 people on one side. Also, a table would have distanced us more from our very loud neighbors in the booth behind us. Next time I'll go for a table. The Sicilian is a bit far from St. Albert but we make the trek two or three times a year and really enjoy your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodVeritoDined on 8/27/2014Server knowledgeable on the wine list and was able to pair nicely with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sew1Dined on 8/26/2014Food was excellent and we had a great server. She offered good dining suggestions and was very prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood restaurantSandyBDined on 8/23/2014First, don't ask for a booth...as the seats are not separated and you literally sit back to back, you are at the mercy of the person behind you to not hit you with an elbow or continually bang your back as they shift in their seat. A remodel is definitely required! While our server was working through her first night, she smiled and brought her best efforts to our table. The food was plentiful and while not 5 star Italian, it was tasty. The menu is extensive and we were happy with our choices. Would we return? Sure, for a last minute and close stop in our area it's perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodfranigatorDined on 8/13/2014I love the bread and dipping sauce, and the Caesar Salad. The daily choice of the two choice pasta selection is always very tasty. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and service overall is exceptional. This is my go to gem of a restaurant in our neighborhood. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greedyDined on 8/12/2014One of our part ordered the special which was salmon. When it arrived it was chicken. The server explained that there were two menus and he had obviously ordered from the salmon one. She offered to replace the meal, but as everyone else was eating, he said to forget it and ate the chicken. Perhaps the restaurant should pay attention to details.Special Features:
- Run Down, Loud, Cramped and RudeYegReviewDined on 8/9/2014We were used to the Pasta Kitchen from Downtown and expected the south side to be the same; spoiler alert, it isn't. It is very loud, our of date and worn out, looks dirty and the host staff is pretty rude. We made a reservation, asked for a seat by the window or on the patio, instead we were placed in the back in the middle of a few other groups. I mean a foot away from the next table. That's too close. When I asked if we could move to a different section or the patio we were met with a rude reply that it was already on the seating chart and that this would have to do. We sat for a minute and decided that there was no way we could eat there. Happy Anniversary!