Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
805 Saddleback Road NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5R4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sicilianpastakitchen.com/
- Phone: 7804353888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Donald Orchuk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 23rd Ave & 114 St
- Public Transit: Bus stops right out front, and LRT stop is less than 1 km away. Excellent accessibility to catch a quick meal before the game.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Large parking lot in front of restaurant as well as additional street parking if necessary.
A word from Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
Welcome to the Southern Italian Cuisine of the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen South. We feature an extensive menu that has many great Italian favorites on it as well as our chef's spin on some great Italian modern items. Come in and enjoy a delightful dinner for two or let us help you celebrate your special occasion for groups up to 125. We have a 140-seat dining room and a 50-seat patio. Both of which feature beautiful murals of the Italian countryside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South) - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South) reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (47)special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (27)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (9)romantic (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)Show More
- One of our favoritesCindyBDined on 9/21/2014Sicilian pasta kitchen is one of our favorite family spots on a Sunday. We gather up the children & grandparents for the family feast. It is also a good "date night" location on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome!NipsyDined on 9/20/2014This is only a few blocks from our house yet we've only been 4 times but EACH of those times, the food and service have been outstanding. My only knock is that the last couple of times we've been, it was incredibly hot (uncomfortably hot) in the restaurant. It wasn't even a hot day. Meals are great proportions and pricing is moderate for a quality "home cooked meal" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kbcauseDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic but we were a little disappointed as you were out of the wine we ordered as well as the level of service tapered off after we received our meal. Would of gladly ordered another bottle of wine but was not asked by our server nor did even really see the waiter after our meal arrived so we could order one either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud/burnt foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our salads were very good, but for the main course, (chicken), was burnt very badly and could hardly cut through it. Someone tried to cover up the fact on my dinner by taking the breading off the bottom. We complained and were given a free dinner, but our main course ruined. The other couple that was at our table didn't have a fork for dinner and ended up taking one from the table next to us. The waiter finally arrived with a fork about 10 minutes later.
- First visit, probably my last.lolliDined on 9/13/2014The server we had, Alex, was amazing. The food wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I heard many good things but upon receiving appies and entrées I was very disappointed. I probably won't return.
- Great local restaurantAngieTDined on 9/10/2014This is a favourite for my family for dinners as a group. Always great food!Special Features:
- I was happy with all of it.blacklance36Dined on 9/8/2014I visited this restaurant during a recent trip to Edmonton. The service and food were very good. I will go back.Special Features:
- Always amazing!MmmmDined on 9/3/2014Food and staff are always amazing. Everyone we bring here have plans to return.Special Features:
- soooo goooooddddPLFANVIPDined on 9/2/2014Girlfriends meeting after a long day of work for comfort food, a nice glass of wine and great conversation. Our expectations were met and we leave with the memories of a great evening . thank you SPS ... I've been coming here since the day you opened and still find it one of the best restaurants in edmonton and beyond... always lots of staff, always accommodating and friendly, great food, caring service. thank youSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinner on August 30pastabuffsDined on 8/30/2014As always, the food was wonderful. Our waitress, even though very busy, was very pleasant and helpful. In retrospect, I should have asked for a table. The booths are large but a bit cramped for 3 people on one side. Also, a table would have distanced us more from our very loud neighbors in the booth behind us. Next time I'll go for a table. The Sicilian is a bit far from St. Albert but we make the trek two or three times a year and really enjoy your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodVeritoDined on 8/27/2014Server knowledgeable on the wine list and was able to pair nicely with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sew1Dined on 8/26/2014Food was excellent and we had a great server. She offered good dining suggestions and was very prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood restaurantSandyBDined on 8/23/2014First, don't ask for a booth...as the seats are not separated and you literally sit back to back, you are at the mercy of the person behind you to not hit you with an elbow or continually bang your back as they shift in their seat. A remodel is definitely required! While our server was working through her first night, she smiled and brought her best efforts to our table. The food was plentiful and while not 5 star Italian, it was tasty. The menu is extensive and we were happy with our choices. Would we return? Sure, for a last minute and close stop in our area it's perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodfranigatorDined on 8/13/2014I love the bread and dipping sauce, and the Caesar Salad. The daily choice of the two choice pasta selection is always very tasty. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and service overall is exceptional. This is my go to gem of a restaurant in our neighborhood. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greedyDined on 8/12/2014One of our part ordered the special which was salmon. When it arrived it was chicken. The server explained that there were two menus and he had obviously ordered from the salmon one. She offered to replace the meal, but as everyone else was eating, he said to forget it and ate the chicken. Perhaps the restaurant should pay attention to details.Special Features:
- Run Down, Loud, Cramped and RudeYegReviewDined on 8/9/2014We were used to the Pasta Kitchen from Downtown and expected the south side to be the same; spoiler alert, it isn't. It is very loud, our of date and worn out, looks dirty and the host staff is pretty rude. We made a reservation, asked for a seat by the window or on the patio, instead we were placed in the back in the middle of a few other groups. I mean a foot away from the next table. That's too close. When I asked if we could move to a different section or the patio we were met with a rude reply that it was already on the seating chart and that this would have to do. We sat for a minute and decided that there was no way we could eat there. Happy Anniversary!
- Still goodHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014I have high expectations of pasta and this restaurant serves consistently great taglatelle. The sauce is what let me down this time and the added chicken breast was a bit bland. I had this dish the same way two months ago and it was something special. It was good, not great. Mind you, I did ask for an alteration but last time, the same alteration turned out delicious. Not sure what happened but it won't keep me away. The tiramisu was freshly made and was a big hit with my friend who is extremely particular about it. I had to agree that it was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By far not a neighbourhood gem!MichelleVIPDined on 8/2/2014A memorable evening in the wrong vein. A new menu item (ribeye steak) tasted fine but comprised of 40% fat which was a bad buy for the high price. Waitress should have noted this. As well, she neglected to advise us of the evening specials (which sounded very good) and we learned of them via another waitress advising the next table at the end of our meal. We will return to give the restaurant another chance as the pasta dishes sound interesting.
- Nice place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was very good, service quick, efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Rootfest77Dined on 7/30/2014The pasta here is always excellent and the portions are very large. The price is also reasonable. This has to be my favorite Italian Restaurant in Edmonton.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFrenchFoodieDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I went to the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen ( South ) to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary and enjoyed everything very much. The service was prompt and efficient and the food was fabulous as it always is. We have been there on numerous occasions and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- YummDined on 7/26/2014Love the entrees! Super tasty. The appetizers are not that great though and I was shocked they make you pay 50 cents for the oil/balsamic they serve with their bread (and the waitress will not tell you). No other Italian restaurant does that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday supperSteveDined on 7/20/2014Excellent service and good food. Suitable for a 2.5 hour dinner with my 16 and 13 year olds. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy is not always goodCorianneDined on 7/19/2014Today, it was a good thing I made a reservation. They were jam-packed, and I was seated in a little corner by the washrooms. My waiter was doing a lot to keep his patrons happy, but I didn't get a lot of attention. It took a lot of time to receive my drink, my bread, and my entrée. When my entrée came out, I found that the kitchen must have run out of langostine (baby lobster), and subbed in chopped shrimp instead. The kitchen/waiter did not advise me of this ahead of time - If I had known they were out of langostine, I would have ordered another menu item. I know they were busy, but that doesn't excuse the poor communication. My meal WAS tasty, but not what I was expecting. I felt this particular visit was lacking in good service.Special Features:
- Great food!edmfoodieDined on 7/11/2014I've been to this restaurant a number of times and always find the food and service to be very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!ShwaksDined on 7/10/2014You can't go wrong at the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen! Their food and service are both top notch!Special Features:
- Tasty Food2EnjoyDined on 7/9/2014Service was outstanding. The food was excellent with good size portions. The food arrived at the table hot. We reserved for a group of seven and were seated at a round table which allowed for conversation with all rather than just those around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!lynheVIPDined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service. Will be back again soon to this location.Easy access from all areas of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mussels ever!TluvsdmbDined on 7/6/2014We specifically eat here for the gorganzola mussels ! My daughters birthday was Saturday, we gave her the choice of anywhere in Edmonton and she chose here for the mussels! The pasta is always Delish and fresh and great portions! Please heat the brownie next time, it was not as Delish as could be. The wine was amazing too. Simply our fave placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Birthday GroupdaresandsDined on 7/6/2014We loved the food and environment. The service people were also very patient with a family, including a 15 month-old and two elderly people, as well as three others. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Great food, ok serviceRDineDined on 6/28/2014The over experience was good but the service was ok. The waitress didn't know the menu, she was clearing plates before we were done and then we had to wait forever to pay our bill. The food was great, so I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedCorianneDined on 6/22/2014We go to this restaurant a handful of times in a year. We try to keep it for special occasions, or when we crave pasta, as we don't want to lose the feel of what a special place it is to us. We found it was a little less crowded this time (many people sat outside, enjoying the sun), and our food came out really quickly. Cooked to perfection, we really enjoyed our meal, and our visit to one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sicilian Pasta Kitchen SouthShannanBDined on 6/22/2014We went to the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen South for a late Father's Day/Birthday dinner. The food was excellent and our server was great. The restaurant itself could use some updating. The booths were kind of shabby and every time some one moved on either side the other group could feel it. I had made the reservation well in advance and they crammed 6 of us into a smallish booth. It was a little crowded, a larger table set up would have been much more comfortable. I would go back though as the food and service were great.Special Features:
- Great Food againDoNonameDined on 6/21/2014Best Pasta in South Edmonton. A real neighbourhood gem. Great ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penne DiavoloFormerFanDined on 6/19/2014It's been a couple of years since I've been to this restaurant as we no longer live nearby. I ordered what used to be my favorite dish, Penne Diavolo. I was very disappointed. It wasn't as spicy and was very thin. the chicken was tough and over cooked. I would hesitate going back.
- DisappointingwoodflockDined on 6/14/20142 of our party had corn pasta and definitely not fresh made. Few crunchy fusilli for each of us. We ordered wine when the meals arrived and it was served after we were done the meals. A party of 3 left the next table when we ordered and it was still dirty when we left.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Tables for two I find tight they should all be fours. Great food thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TasteBuddieDined on 6/7/2014Overall We thought the food& service was excellent. The only negative was the fact that they cram everyone into one side of the restaurant while the other side sits 2/3 empty? They should be more concerned with the comfort of their customers over the convenience of the staff working certain sections.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!ckaroniDined on 6/6/2014We have never been disappointed here...a definite favorite of ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy our experience2hungaryDined on 6/5/2014Hard to choose what to eat every thing is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.