Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
805 Saddleback Road NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 5R4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sicilianpastakitchen.com/
- Phone: 7804353888x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Donald Orchuk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 23rd Ave & 114 St
- Public Transit: Bus stops right out front, and LRT stop is less than 1 km away. Excellent accessibility to catch a quick meal before the game.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Large parking lot in front of restaurant as well as additional street parking if necessary.
A word from Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South)
Welcome to the Southern Italian Cuisine of the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen South. We feature an extensive menu that has many great Italian favorites on it as well as our chef's spin on some great Italian modern items. Come in and enjoy a delightful dinner for two or let us help you celebrate your special occasion for groups up to 125. We have a 140-seat dining room and a 50-seat patio. Both of which feature beautiful murals of the Italian countryside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South) - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (South) reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (55)special occasion (33)kid-friendly (32)great for lunch (27)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (17)romantic (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We hit up the SPK the other day to revisit an old favourite. We hadn't been for a few years, but had such great memories of the place- hand made pasta, attentive friendly staff... But,alas, it seems that since our last visit there has been some changes. The food seems to be more on par with the old spaghetti factory, than delicious gems. The staff were attentive, but it seemed to no longer be as friendly as they once were. Just going through their paces. Though the food was alright, I think that the SPK has lost it's touch.Special Features:
- The food never disappoints!SubyDudeDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have been coming here a couple times a year for years. The food is outstanding, and reasonably priced. It feels more expensive than it actually is. Great for couples, kids and groups. This place is always busy, so be sure to book a seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Another great meal with perfectly cooked pasta, chicken and prawns. The tomato sauce was delicious with the right amount of seasoning. A pretty healthy portion too. Our service was wonderful too, a friendly and knowledgeable waitress who was attentive and helpful with suggestions. Definitely planning to come back as soon as I can.Special Features:
- Office restaurant fav!DentalofficeDined on 10/16/2014Our office loves coming to Sicilian Pasta Kitchen for lunch--LOVE the mushroom soup! Great service too-Special Features:
- Late againmamaDDined on 10/10/2014We eat at Sicilian Pasta Kitchen about 7 times per year in a large group which has not made it difficult as the service was so slow. With kids it is difficult to wait so long for dinner. Last night we were a small group of 4. Our table was ready early which was nice. The service was not as timely. Busy place so we waited for about 15 minutes to get our orders in and our order was pretty simple. Drinks came on time as did our salads. Entrees took over an hour from finishing our salads. The server kept apologizing as did the manager the time before we came but again it is just too long to wait for dinner. Food was good but with only 2 entrees to cook as we split our polo alla creama, it was unreasonable to wait this long.Special Features:
- 502buchDined on 10/10/2014Food was good as usual but the service was very slow....... Also, it was a noisy night at the restaurant. There are a lot of Italian restaurants in the city, so the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen will need to pick it up a little!Special Features:
- enjoyableeatoutoftenDined on 10/5/2014my husband and i had a great time. the suggested wine was good and the food was very nice also. there was actually enough for our lunches the next day. i would go againSpecial Features:
- Great dinner for the whole familyDoNonameDined on 10/5/2014Sunday Family feast is great dinner for larger groups and special occasions. The whole family enjoyed our meal and there was plenty leftover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014It was a Friday evening and the restaurant was very busy so of course noisy! I had difficulty hearing the server as I was sitting at the far end of a large booth. The air conditioning was not on and it was extremely warm. We also had to wait a very long time for our meal... not sure why as people around us were getting their meals, that came in after us! It was my birthday so the whole experience was a little disappointing. I would recommend this restaurant because the food was good but would also advise not to go on a weekend evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerNeeterDined on 10/3/2014It was my first time there and it was excellent. I ordered the wrong entree and they made it right with out any hesitation. I would recommend them to anyone and I will be back.
- NickDined on 10/2/2014To begin, our server was delightful, helpful with our selections and knowledgeable about the menu and a great sense of humour! Our appetizer of mussels arrived kind of lukewarm...but the flavour was spot on. Our mains were all great, in all it was a great experience and will definitely recommend it to friend etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantAngieTDined on 9/28/2014This is a favorite of our family for dinner. Always good food & good serviceSpecial Features:
- One of our favoritesCindyBDined on 9/21/2014Sicilian pasta kitchen is one of our favorite family spots on a Sunday. We gather up the children & grandparents for the family feast. It is also a good "date night" location on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome!NipsyDined on 9/20/2014This is only a few blocks from our house yet we've only been 4 times but EACH of those times, the food and service have been outstanding. My only knock is that the last couple of times we've been, it was incredibly hot (uncomfortably hot) in the restaurant. It wasn't even a hot day. Meals are great proportions and pricing is moderate for a quality "home cooked meal" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kbcauseDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic but we were a little disappointed as you were out of the wine we ordered as well as the level of service tapered off after we received our meal. Would of gladly ordered another bottle of wine but was not asked by our server nor did even really see the waiter after our meal arrived so we could order one either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud/burnt foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our salads were very good, but for the main course, (chicken), was burnt very badly and could hardly cut through it. Someone tried to cover up the fact on my dinner by taking the breading off the bottom. We complained and were given a free dinner, but our main course ruined. The other couple that was at our table didn't have a fork for dinner and ended up taking one from the table next to us. The waiter finally arrived with a fork about 10 minutes later.
- First visit, probably my last.lolliDined on 9/13/2014The server we had, Alex, was amazing. The food wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I heard many good things but upon receiving appies and entrées I was very disappointed. I probably won't return.
- Great local restaurantAngieTDined on 9/10/2014This is a favourite for my family for dinners as a group. Always great food!Special Features:
- I was happy with all of it.blacklance36Dined on 9/8/2014I visited this restaurant during a recent trip to Edmonton. The service and food were very good. I will go back.Special Features:
- Always amazing!MmmmDined on 9/3/2014Food and staff are always amazing. Everyone we bring here have plans to return.Special Features:
- soooo goooooddddPLFANVIPDined on 9/2/2014Girlfriends meeting after a long day of work for comfort food, a nice glass of wine and great conversation. Our expectations were met and we leave with the memories of a great evening . thank you SPS ... I've been coming here since the day you opened and still find it one of the best restaurants in edmonton and beyond... always lots of staff, always accommodating and friendly, great food, caring service. thank youSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinner on August 30pastabuffsDined on 8/30/2014As always, the food was wonderful. Our waitress, even though very busy, was very pleasant and helpful. In retrospect, I should have asked for a table. The booths are large but a bit cramped for 3 people on one side. Also, a table would have distanced us more from our very loud neighbors in the booth behind us. Next time I'll go for a table. The Sicilian is a bit far from St. Albert but we make the trek two or three times a year and really enjoy your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodVeritoDined on 8/27/2014Server knowledgeable on the wine list and was able to pair nicely with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sew1Dined on 8/26/2014Food was excellent and we had a great server. She offered good dining suggestions and was very prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood restaurantSandyBDined on 8/23/2014First, don't ask for a booth...as the seats are not separated and you literally sit back to back, you are at the mercy of the person behind you to not hit you with an elbow or continually bang your back as they shift in their seat. A remodel is definitely required! While our server was working through her first night, she smiled and brought her best efforts to our table. The food was plentiful and while not 5 star Italian, it was tasty. The menu is extensive and we were happy with our choices. Would we return? Sure, for a last minute and close stop in our area it's perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodfranigatorDined on 8/13/2014I love the bread and dipping sauce, and the Caesar Salad. The daily choice of the two choice pasta selection is always very tasty. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and service overall is exceptional. This is my go to gem of a restaurant in our neighborhood. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greedyDined on 8/12/2014One of our part ordered the special which was salmon. When it arrived it was chicken. The server explained that there were two menus and he had obviously ordered from the salmon one. She offered to replace the meal, but as everyone else was eating, he said to forget it and ate the chicken. Perhaps the restaurant should pay attention to details.Special Features:
- Run Down, Loud, Cramped and RudeYegReviewDined on 8/9/2014We were used to the Pasta Kitchen from Downtown and expected the south side to be the same; spoiler alert, it isn't. It is very loud, our of date and worn out, looks dirty and the host staff is pretty rude. We made a reservation, asked for a seat by the window or on the patio, instead we were placed in the back in the middle of a few other groups. I mean a foot away from the next table. That's too close. When I asked if we could move to a different section or the patio we were met with a rude reply that it was already on the seating chart and that this would have to do. We sat for a minute and decided that there was no way we could eat there. Happy Anniversary!
- Still goodHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014I have high expectations of pasta and this restaurant serves consistently great taglatelle. The sauce is what let me down this time and the added chicken breast was a bit bland. I had this dish the same way two months ago and it was something special. It was good, not great. Mind you, I did ask for an alteration but last time, the same alteration turned out delicious. Not sure what happened but it won't keep me away. The tiramisu was freshly made and was a big hit with my friend who is extremely particular about it. I had to agree that it was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By far not a neighbourhood gem!MichelleVIPDined on 8/2/2014A memorable evening in the wrong vein. A new menu item (ribeye steak) tasted fine but comprised of 40% fat which was a bad buy for the high price. Waitress should have noted this. As well, she neglected to advise us of the evening specials (which sounded very good) and we learned of them via another waitress advising the next table at the end of our meal. We will return to give the restaurant another chance as the pasta dishes sound interesting.
- Nice place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was very good, service quick, efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Rootfest77Dined on 7/30/2014The pasta here is always excellent and the portions are very large. The price is also reasonable. This has to be my favorite Italian Restaurant in Edmonton.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFrenchFoodieDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I went to the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen ( South ) to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary and enjoyed everything very much. The service was prompt and efficient and the food was fabulous as it always is. We have been there on numerous occasions and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- YummDined on 7/26/2014Love the entrees! Super tasty. The appetizers are not that great though and I was shocked they make you pay 50 cents for the oil/balsamic they serve with their bread (and the waitress will not tell you). No other Italian restaurant does that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday supperSteveDined on 7/20/2014Excellent service and good food. Suitable for a 2.5 hour dinner with my 16 and 13 year olds. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy is not always goodCorianneDined on 7/19/2014Today, it was a good thing I made a reservation. They were jam-packed, and I was seated in a little corner by the washrooms. My waiter was doing a lot to keep his patrons happy, but I didn't get a lot of attention. It took a lot of time to receive my drink, my bread, and my entrée. When my entrée came out, I found that the kitchen must have run out of langostine (baby lobster), and subbed in chopped shrimp instead. The kitchen/waiter did not advise me of this ahead of time - If I had known they were out of langostine, I would have ordered another menu item. I know they were busy, but that doesn't excuse the poor communication. My meal WAS tasty, but not what I was expecting. I felt this particular visit was lacking in good service.Special Features:
- Great food!edmfoodieDined on 7/11/2014I've been to this restaurant a number of times and always find the food and service to be very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!ShwaksDined on 7/10/2014You can't go wrong at the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen! Their food and service are both top notch!Special Features:
- Tasty Food2EnjoyDined on 7/9/2014Service was outstanding. The food was excellent with good size portions. The food arrived at the table hot. We reserved for a group of seven and were seated at a round table which allowed for conversation with all rather than just those around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!lynheVIPDined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service. Will be back again soon to this location.Easy access from all areas of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.