Siam Thai Restaurant
211 N. Main Street
South Bend, IN 46601Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Siam Thai Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatmorethai.com/
- Phone: 5742324445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Siam Thai Restaurant
From the far east comes a taste for the remarkable... It is the Siam Restaurant that bringing a true taste of Thailand across waters and continents, just for you. Siam is a truly unique dining experience, featuring a Thai style culinary delights in an exciting yet intimate setting. Siam is not your ordinary restaurant... Siam is a trip to the exotic and the delicious offering authentic Thai cooking that will excite your five senses: sweet; sour; salty; spicy; and natural. The taste of Siam is like noting you have ever experienced before... So take a break from the usual and enjoy Siam Restaurant. For lunch or dinner, Siam will prove to be a taste that brings you back time and time again. And if you are eating light or looking to eat healthy, Siam is the perfect choice! So tonight for a change experience, try the taste of the far east at Siam Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siam Thai Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Wont Be BackGoshenFoodieDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I have eaten here several times over the last 5 years, but this time will be our last. They didn't have the appetizer we ordered, multiple servers kept trying to help us, which got confusing for us and them, and, worst of all, their Pad Thai is terrible. I tastes like it has a tomato sauce base, which is just not a flavor you expect in Pad Thai. I'm not sure if our palettes have changed or if the food has, but either way, this doesn't suit us anymore.
- Not better.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014.After several visits the quality is the same, but still too sweet, esp the pad Thai. More veg less sauce. Please!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodMrsBeckDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I love Siam Thai. One of our favorites is the the Pad Thai, although, we like to try new things here and there. One of our main dishes that we like are the shrimp tacos (not the proper name for them) and the egg rolls... Sooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJCHDined on 6/12/2014Great Thai food is very hard to find and I am usually disappointed. Siam Thai was a delightful find!! Their food was very fresh with the veggies still crunchy. We ordered mango chicken and it was probably the best I have had. Their spicy shrimp tacos were a perfect combination of sweet and spicy and the shrimp was perfectly cooked. Made me wish I lived in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Siam Thai Restaurant reviews archive.
- Amazing Service - 5+++++roadwarriorDined on 5/10/2014Very tasty food, amazing pricing. Creme Brûlée is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedDukeWDined on 2/14/2014I went here for Valentine's Day. It was better than I expected. The food was excellent, easily the best Thai I've had in the area. The meats were cooked to perfection and the curry had just the right flavor. I would say that it's the best restaurant in its price range that I've been to in South bend.Special Features:
- great foodmixerboyDined on 12/6/2013We have eaten here about a dozen times. Quaint local restaurant with limited seating, so it is never very noisy. Very good Thai food, with about 45 main dishes to choose from.Special Features:
- Middle of the roadThePunditVIPDined on 11/29/2013The staff is smiling but the decor is just too uninspiring and matches the cuisine. Nothing bad just middle of the road. The entrance door needs to be closed off because on cold days a blast of freezing air salutes each entrance and exit.
- Best Thai food ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2013Very friendly staff and excellent food! Definitely a gem of South Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013My wife and I went to Siam for a night out and the service was excellent. We reserved our table and upon arrival we were seated promptly. Nat informed us about the specials for the evening. We ordered the mushroom appetizer then ordered our entrees. I had the ahi tuna and my wife had the crab and lobster ravioli. Her sauce was spicy and the pasta was delicious and my ahi was perfectly prepared. Our experience was excellent and would recommend dining at Siam Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai Food2foodiesDined on 10/12/2013We stopped by this small Thai restaurant for an early dinner whilst Antique shopping in the area. Food and service was excellent. Too difficult to choose just a couple of items from the menu, so selected several appetizers and entrees and had leftovers that tasted just as good later. The photographs of food and drink specials is a fab idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't know what to expectAlwaysGreatDined on 8/31/2013But I was pleasantly surprised! Very good Thai food in downtown South Bend. Service was helpful and fast. Crunchy, fried spinach was excellent. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulbwoodDined on 8/10/2013The food was so tasty and the service was great!! I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the areaJamesDined on 6/7/2013Saim Thai is one of the two places I know of in downtown South Bend that are Thai. I would have to say this Thai place is better than the other by far. The service was great. The person in charge greeted us at the door and sat us. The service was great and very quick. Not so quick you felt rushed though. The food was very good. The Thai iced tea was only with milk though, sadly no coconut milk. The food wasn't too spicy but still packed a lot of flavor. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a decent Thai restaurant in South Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected jemibrake4oldcarsDined on 5/3/2013I try to get to Siam Thai every time I am in South Bend. I come once a year, maybe twice, for Studebaker related events ans I have never been disappointed with the dining experience. If you like oriental or Thai food, you will enjoy your meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013What a wonderful restaurant! Delicious food, beautifully prepared, and served by a friendly, attentive staff. Open table is a great venue for me. I enjoy the convenience! Siam Thai had a table reserved and ready for us when we arrived. My friend was impressed and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Food was flavorful and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Food was flavorful and very authentic. My dining partner has been to Thailand and found it just as good as food there. Portions were large but not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Great service and authentic flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012The service was fantastic. The food was great. If you want an intimate Thai experience, this is where you want to go. Just be sure to make a reservation. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Siam Thai has delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Siam Thai has delicious food witha wide selection of teas. Service was prompt, kind, and pleasing. I would definitely return to this venue.Special Features:
- Great Food! The Satay wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Great Food! The Satay was wow! Each dish had its own very distinct flavor.Special Features:
- Authentic Thai Cuisine with Flare !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Not at all a typical Thai restaurant but rather a blend of authentic and traditional menu cuisine with modern fusion flare on the daily specials. The owner Nat is from Bangkok and is there most times I visit and always remembers me (and everyone else it seems) so I can only assume I am one of his many faithful. Not open late (9pm I think). Service is quaint and understated. Amazing quality I didn't think I'd find in South Bend. It's addicting...Special Features:
- This is such a small, easilyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012This is such a small, easily missed restaurant. Going to Thai restaurants is my fiancee and I's 'thing' and this is the best restaurant we've been to to date. Food is amazing, prices are reasonable, staff are attentive, and the atmosphere is bright and cheerful. Give it a try!Special Features:
- Great Thai in downtown South BendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2012Charming, great food (consistently so), with an on-premises dedicated owner/manager.Special Features:
- A quiet, hole-in-the-wallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012A quiet, hole-in-the-wall type location. Good food, no wait, quick service, moderate prices.Special Features:
- Siam Thai has always beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2012Siam Thai has always been consistent in their presentation and delivery of quality, enjoyable food. The curries continue to be delightful and catered to your spice preferences and their specials offer an expanded selection of diverse offerings.Special Features:
- The food was excellent: freshOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2011The food was excellent: fresh and prepared well. Generous portions presented with flare. Service knowledgable, friendly, helpful and prompt. The atmosphere is inviting and welcoming. Very nice evening.Special Features:
- A wonderful hole in the wallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011A wonderful hole in the wall Thai restaurant that offers moderately priced cuisine. The menu is expanding and becoming relatively more adventurous compared to typical Thai restaurants. The flavors were unique and the presentation/ambience/image was very fresh and self-consciously curated. The portions were not as generous as other Thai restaurants that charge the same amount, but they were not small.Special Features:
- The young waiter made a fewEntertainedDined on 10/28/2011The young waiter made a few missteps, nothing serious. Overall, the service was prompt and courteous. We arrived at a busy time and there was a bit of a wait at the beginning. Once we ordered, everything was wonderful. the food selection was very broad, with many enticing thing on the menu. The food we had was well prepared and nicely presented. I look forward to going back sometime.Special Features:
- A small gem in South BendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2011What a delight to find Siam! The hosts were wonderful and the food was excellent. We tried their fusion menu--Salmon pad Thai; innovative shrimp rolls, and fantastic pan fried fresh spinach--and it was all distinctive and innovative. The place is really worth visiting and the recommendations of the staff are definitely not to be missed. Friendly, outgoing and fun owners as well.Special Features:
- We went with our daughter,PickydinersVIPDined on 9/16/2011We went with our daughter, a student at Notre Dame, and her 8 friends, some of whom had never had Thai food. All enjoyed it. The Crispy Spinach is a winner. All the girls had different appetizers and main courses, ranging from a vegetarian choice to Ahi Tuna. The crab ravioli appetizer was excellent and the Ahi Tuna main course was delicious.Special Features:
- We came twice in five daysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011We came twice in five days if that says anything about how well we liked it! We are looking forward to trying other entrees on the menu because what we have had so far is very good. Good, courteous service.
- Great Thai FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2011Authentic Thai food, owner was there and attentive, service was excellent. The spinach appetizer and the spicy soup was so good it over shadowed the entre. Spring rolls where great. I will go back.Special Features:
- Best Thai food in the area.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011Best Thai food in the area. Recently added some new items. Excellent spot for dining before events at the Morris.
- Wonderfull flavors! The deepfriedJohnDined on 7/23/2011Wonderfull flavors! The deepfried spinach was sensational, never had anything like it before.Special Features:
- Authentic and friendly place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2011Great find in downtown South Bend. Unassuming from the outside, this turned out to be authentic and delicious. The owner came out was great at giving some recommendations! In particular, he recommended a lemony fried spinach leaves appetizer that still makes my mouth water a week later!Special Features: