Siam Oishi - Coconut Grove
3409 Main Highway
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Siam Oishi - Coconut Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.siamoishi.com/
- Phone: 3054468800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Poompaka Komolvasri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Poompaka Komolvasri 3054668800
A word from Siam Oishi - Coconut Grove
Poompaka "Pio" Komolvasri was born in Bangkok, Thailand, where she developed a love of traditional and fusion Thai food. Pio earned a B.A. in Accounting at Ramkhamheng University, Bangkok, in 1980. She moved with her family to the United States in 1992, where she studied English as she learned the restaurant business. For thirteen years, Pio gained extensive restaurant management and culinary experience as both a senior employee and part-owner. In 2005, she opened Siam Oishi. Pio graduated from Le Cordon Bleu college of Culinary Arts, Miami, in 2006 with a degree in Culinary of Culinary Arts. As the owner of Siam Oishi, Pio emphasizes food presentation by using handmade dishes and decorations imported from Thailand. She insists on a high standard of food preparation, ensuring that each order is made fresh according to recipes prepared with the finest of culinary skills. Siam Oishi offers and extensive variety of Thai and Japanese dishes to satisfy any Asian palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Siam Oishi - Coconut Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
- Obnoxious dinerkeenpiVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went to enjoy the delicious food that Siam Oishi only to be subjected to an obnoxious, rude and complete a**hole. He ruined the night for everyone that was dining that night. However, Siam is not blameless as they only had one waiter for an entire restaurant on a Saturday night. Sadly we won't be going back because both times we went they only had one waiter.
- Food was okay-service questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/18/2013I travel to Miami for work weekly and stay in the coconut grove area. I eat at many of the restaurants... and this will be the first and last time I visit Siam. My business colleague and I were the only ones in the restaurant which should have been my first warning. The waiter tried to pull a fast one on me by charging an automatic 17% gratuity on our bill without mentioning it at all. I know on South Beach tips are included in most meals but I haven't seen this happen in Coconut Grove. I really wouldn't have mind if he would have at least told me. I asked the chef if the automatic gratuity was normal and he said no but the watier insisted that was how they did business. Buyer Beware!Special Features:
- Staff seemed to be more interestedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2012Staff seemed to be more interested in watching tv than taking care of us!
- Food was not good & althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2012Food was not good & although restaurant was nearly empty, service was not good.
- Food was really good but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Food was really good but they only had one waitress for the whole restaurant so the service was somewhat slow. Would definitely go back if they had more people serving.Special Features:
- Found this little spot whileMDFoodiesVIPDined on 11/26/2011Found this little spot while on vacation. The service was friendly and attentive. The seafood was fresh and well prepared. We ordered some sushi rolls that were very good, and the steamed ginger mixed seafood was excellent and enough for 2 or 3 people. The wine prices were very good and the choices went well with food.Special Features:
- A nice family run spot. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2011A nice family run spot. They were very eager to please and even made one of my favorite Thai dishes,"Drunken Noodles", which is not on the menu.Special Features:
- I was happy with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011I was happy with the food menu and the service too!Special Features: