Si Laa Thai Dining
1128 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
Si Laa Thai Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.silaathai.com/
- Phone: (310) 858-7738
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Si Laa Thai Dining
Welcome to Si Laa Thai Dining! In our restaurant, you'll find three generations working together to create a unique Thai dining experience. Our homestyle cooking revolves around family, farmers' market fresh ingredients, and a pure love of good food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Si Laa Thai Dining - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Si Laa Thai Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (8)romantic (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- What a special restaurant.TransVIPDined on 11/15/2014What a special restaurant. We were looking for an authentic Thai restaurant as we were in Thailand earlier this year. The food was delicious, authentic and surpassed our expectations. We loved that it was quiet and as we learned in Thailand, you do not rush through the meal. You take time and you enjoy family and get caught up. We will definitely return and will recommend the restaurant to others. The Pad Thai was outstanding as well as the sticky rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Si LaaMrsCDined on 11/12/2014The food was great, and so was the service. The restaurant is somewhat small, however, there were five in our group and the space accommodated us quite nicely. We all loved the ambience and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night????markdmarcVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very Tasty Thai food. Service was a bit off. They were extremely busy and had a large group in their private dining room. Service was very slow...and they were out of a number of items...but the staff was just charming...and they made up for their problems. Everything was extremely tasty...just not sure I will come back on a Saturday night!Special Features:
- Awesome food.E1ghtb1tVIPDined on 10/31/2014I look forward to going here, great quality ingredients . Friendly and always a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Si Laa Thai delivered and then someArthurJacobVIPDined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious and the service was fine - we did not have the problems of slow service some others detail on Opentable. Where we live, most of the Thai restaurants are not worth revisiting, so this was a treat and we look forward to returning next time in LA. I would only add that the portions are not abundant and given how much we enjoyed our food, we should have ordered one or two more dishes for our party of five. Our LA friends are def. returning without us. Boo hoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai on the westsideLesleyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Fabulous Thai reminiscent of what was easily found in LA in the 80s - flavorful, solid, always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest service ever experiencedDinnersaurusDined on 10/11/2014This could be a nice, decent neighborhood Thai restaurant. The food is fine, the service is polite and the decor adequate. The problem is that they are not well organized. Example: It took 35 minutes from ordering to get the appetizers. After the appetizer was finished, it took over 45 extra minutes to get the entree. Bear in mind we're talking about a small place with no more than ten tables. All in all, while the food is decent, it is not worth the incredible wait by any measure. There're other good thai places nearby where you don't sit for close to an hour and a half for your food to come out of the kitchen. I guess they have just one person cooking, as this is a family run business.
- Nice find!QuemVIPDined on 10/2/2014Must have driven by here a gazillion times, glad we finally found and tried. Great service, excellent food...even ordered extra for lunch the next day. We were so happy that while the restaurant was busy, it was quiet and we could actually have a conversation...incredibly enjoyable. Can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:
- The Best Thai Food I Have Ever Had.JakeVIPDined on 9/12/2014The best Thai food I have ever had and I have eaten at hundreds of Thai restaurants. High end, not cheap, but well worth it, the food is carefully prepared but the matriarch grandmother with the front of the house run by the daughter and granddaughter. It's a family affair and an heretige of great Thai cooking. Just splendid. I am so thankful that I found this family and their off the chart restaurant.Special Features:
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Best Thai food I've had anywhere. Great service and ambiance, too.Special Features:
- Something NewAlohaDined on 8/21/2014Staying one night at hotel directly across the street. Hotel reception suggested, love Thai so decided to try. Our waitress Ti was very friendly and insisted we try certain dishes. Never would have normally ordered sparerib curry or shrimp and crab appetizer. ... amazing so happy I did. Great service, excellent food. I would make a special trip to eat there again Mahalos, NikiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAlanTDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful Thai food in a cozy neighborhood place. Be sue to have the whole fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...in the hoodmarkdmarcVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were so pleasantly surprised. A neighbor had told us about this place and were shocked that we had never gone. We walked over to the restaurant...and we just loved it. The interior is lovely...service was great...and the food was just delicious. So happy to have this wonderful place so close to our home. Really enjoyable. Even if you have to drive to get there!!!Special Features:
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2014We were visiting in LA and tried Si Laa. It surpassed our expectations. Very unassuming from the outside, but very nice inside. Food was excellent, especially the crispy duck. We are not normally dessert eaters but we tried the banana coconut ice cream which was very refreshing. Service was superb.Special Features:
- yumm!biscuittVIPDined on 8/1/2014the food here is consistently great! i got the potstickers and pad see you. both tasted delicious! my friend got the crispy garden rolls and devil noodles and loved the both of themSpecial Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Si Laa Thai Dining reviews archive.
- SatisfiedDarlingdinerDined on 6/29/2014Unusual choices of delicious dishes, beautiful presentation and helpful servers. Be prepared for a spicy treat or request less spice and they accommodate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai Food I Ever AtezimzimDined on 6/29/2014Authentic, fresh and awesome. Very good service. Everyone was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Si Laa is so worthwhilefoodawareDined on 6/26/2014What a gem - neighborhood or otherwise. Upscale Thai - not your same-old anything. Wonderful food, superbly prepared, well-priced (i.e,. a great chilean seabass for just $24!). We love going there. Any one who loves well-prepared food will feel the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Food not found in LA before yeIdoLVIPDined on 6/25/2014What a surprise!!! Found it on Open Table! The (family) wait staff was incredible. The food was out of this world, since it was Thai as original as it gets! The kitchen staff (also family) is visible since they come in and out of the kitchen. Even grandma is there (currently 83 years young). Just go there and experience.Special Features:
- Special ThaiFussDinerDined on 5/17/2014Other reviews said Best Thai Food in LA....think so...deliciousSpecial Features:
- all4gluttonyDined on 5/16/2014the food is the best Thai we have eaten anywhere and that includes Thailand where we've travelled!!! We were blown away by the food, it was beyond delicious. We could only marvel at its goodness with oohs and aahs.Special Features:
- Authentic delight!laikaDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful food and great service-a true hidden treasure on Robertson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taster1VIPDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service and food preparation. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- MenuVukyDined on 5/5/2014We ordered several dishes but once we received them they had various items that were not part of the description. The braised short ribs did n to state there was doe type of bread with it and several of us were on a low carb diet. Also the crispy fish was deep fried and the side vegetable was also deep friend, the menu description fell short of the actual meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA's Best Thai FoodbendannieVIPDined on 5/2/2014My favorite Los Angeles Thai Restaurant. Cloth napkins & table clothes. Try the "Hidden Treasures", and ask for "Farmers Market Fresh" specials and if the Chef has "Off Menu" seafood specials, don't hesitate, just order and enjoy !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA VisitorBigSurFriendVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food was absolutely delicious and the service lovely. We would like to visit again when we are in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/11/2014SiLaa is a hidden treasure of a restaurant and the best thing on the small but consistently delicious menu are the hidden treasures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the higher standardlaikaDined on 3/29/2014In a city filled with options for great food, Si Laa is true gem that sets a new standard for Thai foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2014I have been dining here for a couple of years. The food is outstanding! A family run operation means heart goes into the cooking! The flavors of the food are exquisite! I have been to Thailand three times and this is the real deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.