40101 Monterey Ave.
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sibonranchomirage.com/
- Phone: 7608370011
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, American
- Executive Chef: Phillipe Caupain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Si Bon
Si Bon welcomes you with soft buttery walls, bright red cafe chairs and white stone tables. Hand painted murals depict Brussels and complete this charming European bistro. Open for luch and dinner Si Bon offers a wide variety of Belgian inspired dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Si Bon - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Si Bon reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (9)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)good for groups (3)romantic (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014had beet salad that i enjoyed a lot sole entree was very tasty had custard waffle for desert the waffles were not belgian waffles more custard would make it better the waffles were not made to order parts of them were hard my biggest complaint in restaurants is serving flat sodas i ordered a diet coke and it was flat mentioned to casey who works at the front desk about the flat soda and he brought me one that was more fizzy had 2 refills and they were flat too soft drinks are a big profit item for restaurants and they charge a lot for them they should at least be carbonatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood findpattiDined on 9/15/2014varied creative menu with fair prices; service good but not excellent; food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRMBobDined on 7/12/2014Of all my dining experiences in the last year, this was the best in terms of extraordinary food. It surpasses a number of "celebrity chef" restaurants that I have gone to in Las Vegas. Every item was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food...but one comment!NancyVIPDined on 7/8/2014We have dined here several times for brunch, lunch, and dinner and have enjoyed it every time. Recently we went for dinner and I ordered the brussel sprout salad. I took one bite and realized there were walnuts in it ( not listed on the menu) I have a terrible allergy to walnuts and the one bite caused a welt on my tongue. I brought it to the attention of my server and she immediately took it away and brought another. Restaurants MUST be aware that people have allergies, and should ALWAYS display on their menus all the ingredients. There are people who could literally die from eating certain nuts, so please be more pro active in your menu displays!!Special Features:
- Great find.MichaelLDined on 7/6/2014Quiet part of town berween Palm Springs and Palm Desert. Just Country Clubs all around this shopping center location. Kitchen closes at 9:00pm. It's 8:57pm and the restaurant has quietened down. we are just finishing a great meal and in comes a couple and sits down. They get as warm a welcome as if they walked in at 7:00pm with the retaurant full. That attention to service is the same as the attention to quality of the food (wild caught roasted copper mountain salmon) and the artistic presentation. My wife had the same reaction. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood bistroGrantVIPDined on 6/26/2014It is always a special experience to go to Si Bon. The food is always a giant step beyond what one expects and the service is also great. It is great to see that they are expanding both the interior and exterior dining space. This will hopefully make for a more comfortable bar space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes it was good (bon)OjaiorangeDined on 6/26/2014This was recommended to us and a great casual restaurant. It was incredible. The food is really interesting and very much like you would get in a French bistro. The escargot in waffle was delicious, but a bit soggy in the middle from all the wonderful juices. The special stuffed zucchini blossoms were tasty, but could have been a bit crisper. I had the fried chicken, really good, mashed potatoes and sides were excellent. My partner had the lobster stuffed with sole, again, really good, but a large portion, could have split this for sure. All in all, I would go back in a heartbeat, lots of things still to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don47Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant on a friend's suggestion. We were both pleased with the food and service, but the seating was a bit tight. The menu was eclectic and fun. I had the cucumber soup for an appetizer=delightfully summer fresh, and my wife had a crab ravioli with lemongrass=delicious. I had the sanddabs which had a nice sauce, and my wife had a chopped salad with lobster=also delicious. Overall the dinner and service was excellent, but do not sit near the door to the outside area as you catch a wave of hot air every 30 seconds or so. Fun place though with tasteful decoration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeElsaDined on 6/15/2014Nice and original dinner choices, and my husband and I would like to try it for lunch. Simply and cozy ambiance but hard to have a conversation since the proximity of the tables makes the place a little bit noisy. Maybe next time we try the outdoor tables.Special Features:
- A place to revisitafoodloverDined on 6/3/2014The very eclectic menu calls for more trips to this absolute jewel of a restaurant. I had the mussels--wow! My wife had the sand dabs--wow! The service was superb. The servers were gracious and helpful a real plus in the hectic restaurant world. We did not feel rushed. Our friends also said they would return. Put Si Bon on your list frequent visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful findRobertDined on 5/31/2014Me and my wife loved this Belgian place. She tried the escargot in a waffle it was yummy. Also I had a side order of lobster pasta and it was loaded with lobster. I had the pork and it just melted in your mouth. We also had the waffle dessert that had the creme brûlée inside, wow it's amazing definitely to die for. This is a gem if you are in town in Palm Desert, CA. The only thin is the seating is intimate and more fast food like type of seats, I guess room is limited, but other than that great food at a great price, must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSanDiegoDinerDined on 5/24/2014The mussels are fantastic as well as the desserts. We ate on the patio and we were glad that we did. Inside it felt a bit cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalBritDined on 5/24/2014Watch out Jean-Claude!! (Pomme Frite) the portions here are much larger especially the mussels. Leffe is on tap which is sufficient reason to come here even without the excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST TIME THERElastsupperDined on 5/23/2014The food was good, mussels had a very good sauce, Caesar Salad was good, Beef Stroganoff was simple but good. Husband ordered the chicken, said he would try something else next time. Husband ordered dessert, a little disappointed - waffle and berries, waffle was a little too crispy (over cocked or re cooked?) berries were fresh.Special Features:
- The following 176 reviews are from the Si Bon reviews archive.
- Take the noise or the coldGrumpyVIPDined on 5/6/2014Staff did their best to make us happy, but the weather did not cooperate. Our second server, after a table move, provided shawls to keep us warm at the requested outdoor table...too noisy indoors for conversation. The first server was clueless on the matter. My braised beef short ribs were bland. Belgian fries are not McDonald's quality. The vegetable medley was very good. Wife's mussels were in a nearly tasteless mariniere. There seemed to be some discrimination against OpenTable diners. Do you really charge restaurants a fee even when diners cancel?
- Good food, moderate priceOversixtyDined on 5/4/2014My wife and I really enjoy this restaurant. The food is high quality and the desserts are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside in the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2014We have been frequent dinners at Si Bon since June 2013. We knew that the temperature was 101 degrees but with the misters on, it was pleasant outside. Within 15 minutes of being seated the misters were turned off. Eight of us in the same area asked why and were told that water had dropped on a customer so they turned them off. Over time it became increasingly uncomfortable and a nearby customer suggested cycling the misters every couple of minutes or, move the customers that had water drop on them. The Host said neither was possible. We finished our meal and left. On the way out the Hostess said that "We can't please everybody". We hope our next visit is ours to be pleased. ALL of our prior visits have been excellent in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrantGrantVIPDined on 5/2/2014Very interesting menu coupled with great value. The service is always consistent and a very positive energy in the room.Special Features:
- Si Bon a HITBOMBAYVIPDined on 5/2/2014We go at least once if not twice for lunch and also dinner! Always a special treat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceCCDINERVIPDined on 5/1/2014Our first visit,evergreat find. Delicious sand dabs and best weinerschnitzel ever. Salted caramel gelato, waffles w/ berries excellent. Look forward to returning..Kendra our server is wonderful! It is very nice sitting outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Si Bon is indeed Tres BonVikiwiDined on 4/30/2014Love this restaurant - wonderful food and pleasant friendly staff. I had the mussels with lemon grass and a Brussels sprout salad - both were delicious. My friend had the fried chicken and the asparagus soup and enjoyed both. I have had the chopped lobster salad and the steak on other visits and would also recommend these dishes. I much prefer the outdoor dining part of the restaurant and am able to bring along my small dog. Very well priced for the quality of the food. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place with good foodLeslieVIPDined on 4/29/2014We had reservations and were ushered to our table immediately. It took 20 minutes for the first nod from our wait staff who told us there were only 3 servers and they were understaffed. Food was very good and reasonably priced. We'll try it again to see if service is improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemRandyVIPDined on 4/27/2014Tucked in a strip center, this place was a real find. Would recommend it for the variety of food at dinner, and friends say it's just as good for breakfast or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally EnjoyableDine4YouDined on 4/26/2014Finally made the date and now wish we had tried Si Bon much sooner. Thought menu was a bit pricey until you eat the food and enjoy a great martini. The price then faded away. The noise level was a bit much for us so they seated us in a secluded outdoor nook. That was perfect. Highly recommend, for the nominal cost !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have been there several times and never been disappointed with the food We especially love the chicken and veal weinershnitcelSpecial Features:
- DennyDined on 4/26/2014Great menu, preparation and service. Well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chloesdadDined on 4/26/2014Excellent Service. Wait staff and manager very attentive. Food was delicious. I ordered the filet and it was an excellent cut of meat and cooked perfectly. The french fries were beyond delicious. My wife had the beef stroganoff. It was one of the only restaurants that we have ever seen this on this menu. She enjoyed it completely. Did not get to try the crepes, but have heard that they are delicious as well.Special Features:
- As Belgian as chicoryRAYMONDVIPDined on 4/26/2014There is just something about this place that after four visits we cannot identify with. Probably the arrogant vibes one gets from those who operate the establishment. My first visit to Belgium was in 1950 and subsequent trips one the next forty years or so does leave an indelible mark but not the Palm Desert version.
- CharmingfoodsnobDined on 4/25/2014Creative menu, with emphasis on Belgian waffles. Signature dish is mussels, and it was as good as I've ever had. It is a little frenetic--after all it was a Saturday night in season--so it's more of a bistro than a romantic dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to desert dininglarryVIPDined on 4/24/2014Si Bon is a great local restaurant. A terrific menu, food successfully prepared in substantial portions, and prices moderate. What's not to like? Outstanding are the mussels (this is a Belgian restaurant), scallops, lamb. This is not a gourmet restaurant, but a very good casual place. Merci beaucoup.Special Features:
- JacquesVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food above average, but seating tight and too close. We are there often and this visit was quite bad. Our server was way below par. We waited for 45 minutes before she even showed up for drinks, and we finally ate when tables who arrived after us had actually left the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014We really enjoyed our evening. The mussels with lemongrass sauce was very flavorful as were the crab ravioli. If you like a chopped salad like I do, the lobster salad is for you! My husband had the steak poivre and it was tender, flavorful and cooked just as he ordered. He finished off with a scoop of chocolate gelato and a scoop of amazing salted caramel gelato! We sat on the patio which had a wonderful feeling. Nice to know it's right in our neighborhood! Was nice to see the chef out and about chatting with diners.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceValleygirlDined on 4/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. This was a second time for my husband & myself but first time for our friends. We all enjoyed wonderful meals, scallops were perfect & fish selections delectable. Arturo was our server, very attentive, courteous & efficient. Other wait staff was also excellent. Will be returning many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good - but the liver was rareBigTomDined on 4/21/2014We love Si Bon....a diverse, interesting menu.....great food....and wonderful service. We took some friends recently with us, for my wife's birthday. Unfortunately, one of our guest's choices, the special of the night, liver, was rare and too soft in the middle. Other than that, it was a very nice night.Special Features:
- Restaurant to keep going back toMohoDined on 4/20/2014The bistro atmosphere is very inviting. The menu offers a nice variety of dishes. Our dinners, wine, and desserts were very tasty. The chefs at Si Bon know how to prepare meat. The mixed vegetables on my plate were cooked to perfection. Tender, but still crunchy. I actually judge the quality of a restaurant by the effort its chefs put into the preparation of vegetables. Being conscious of my waist line, I reluctantly left half of the French Fries on the table even though they were delicious. The chocolate mousse and the berry creme brulee filled crepe were divine!Special Features:
- awayfrmmykitchenDined on 4/19/2014This restaurant never fails to impress us or our guests. This is our go-to restaurant whenever we are entertaining out of town guests. The prices are very reasonable for the quantity and quality of the food with a wide range of entrees and appetizers. Wait-staff is friendly and prompt and the food comes out piping hot. They also pour an excellent cocktail. Reservations are needed but unlike many other restaurants your time is honored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Friendly Bistrotim520Dined on 4/18/2014Great conversation enhanced the meal. Be sure to have an appetizer before the meal. Neighboring tables will ooo and aaah over the aromas and appearance. They prepare all fish dishes subtly to let the herb complement the flavor of the fish.Special Features:
- ExcellentJimHDined on 4/12/2014Si Bon is now on our favorites list here in the desert. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for the quality. The service was very good. Phillipe - the owner and head chef worked the room and added great ambience to their sort-of open kitchen. I wish them the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made reservations to eatmysteryfoodieVIPDined on 4/10/2014I made reservations to eat here day of. When I walked in, I noticed there was so many people. It was so busy but I was sat within five minutes. It was nice. I ordered the lobster mac and cheese. It was delicious. I would come back for this alone. I also ordered the braised short rib. It was good, but I could care less for the fries. I didn't get to try a waffle. The prices are a bit high for me but I enjoyed all the food. It was really busy for the night so make sure to make reservations or get there early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nite out with friendsLuvGdFoodDined on 4/10/2014This is our second time to dine at SiBon in Rancho Mirage. We chose to dine in the patio as it gets a bit noisy inside. Our servers were very pleasant and attentive. I tried their special white fish and it was excellent, moist and absoultely melted in my mouth, It came with mashed potatoes and an assortment of veggies which were cooked to perfection. My husband tried the fettucini with tomato basil and shrimp and he loved it. I couldn't resist trying one of their desserts so I got the creme brulee' and it wasn't your ordinary creme brulee but was mixed with an assortment of berries and folded into a nice crepe. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.