40101 Monterey Ave.
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sibonranchomirage.com/
- Phone: (760) 837-0011
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, American
- Executive Chef: Phillipe Caupain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Si Bon
Si Bon welcomes you with soft buttery walls, bright red cafe chairs and white stone tables. Hand painted murals depict Brussels and complete this charming European bistro. Open for luch and dinner Si Bon offers a wide variety of Belgian inspired dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Si Bon - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Si Bon reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (18)special occasion (16)good for groups (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great Neighborhood ValueGrantVIPDined on 11/15/2014Si Bon looks better than ever since they expanded into the adjoining space and enlarged their patio this summer. Adding the bar room really made the whole dining experience more interesting. The food was always great as was the staff, but now the physical building is equal to the whole dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Shrimp Saladjvbvbc92253Dined on 11/15/2014Both my friend and I had lunch and ordered the Shrimp Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette. Beautiful presentation (almost too pretty to eat!), very fresh and flavorful shrimp and excellent dressing, We are planning to take friends there for lunch again this week. Can't wait to do dinner there soon! The new addition is very attractive also. P.S. My husband and I occasionally like to indulge and enjoy fried chicken...Si Bon is practically the only restaurant in the valley to serve it and it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was good but nothing specialUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 11/14/2014The omelet was good. The hash was good but the portion was small.
- Coming back for the seabassConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 11/12/2014It was first time since this restaurant was redone and suggested it for a date...My seabass was flavorful without being salty!! I'll try a patio table next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemVikiwiVIPDined on 11/11/2014I am so lucky to have this lovely restaurant within walking distance of my condo in Brava. I like to bring my small dog so love the outdoor patio dining. This restaurant has taken over additional space recently so not a problem to get a table. Food is delicious. I had the mussels in lemongrass and the Brussels sprout salad with an order of fries. My friend had the lobster chopped salad. Everything was great and the service friendly and professional. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Belgian food.LOUDUBORDined on 11/10/2014The whole menu is interesting from Moules/frites to great fish dishes. Desserts like Belgian chocolate mousse to crepes are totally exquisite. The service was severely below par for a restaurant of this class. Getting the table cleaned, even getting the check were a frustrating challenge.Special Features:
- Si-Si BonDennyDined on 11/8/2014The usuall great food and excellent service. Hernan did an outstanding job serving us. The lamb chops were excellent as was the wine paring.Special Features:
- What a disappointment.meandhimVIPDined on 11/6/2014We were so disappointed - service was more than terrible! Food just OK (not really complaining about food, just terrible service). If a restaurant does not have enough wait-staff, then don't take the reservation. I have always enjoyed my dinners at SiBon and now I would be reluctant to eat there again.
- Consistently Goodtim520VIPDined on 11/4/2014We have been to Si Bon many times and it is always great. The remodeling recently completed is a improvement to the comfortable seating and noise level to that conversations can be carried on at table. The food remains delicious with great attention to perfectly done vegetables and sauces. The wine list has just the right choices to compliment the meal.Special Features:
- Comfortable and TasteySpeaksrDined on 11/3/2014We enjoyed our outdoor dinner at Si Bon; the Belgian food was really good comfort food for a Fall evening, very satisfying. Our server was so pleasant and attentive. We will definitely go back again with friends or just for a nice evening for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisinterestedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The staff seemed rather disinterested. This was a reservation they had for 3 days and called me twice to find out what I wanted. I responded both times with comfortable chairs and a quiet spot. We were seated in a corner with a straight up, I requested the patio, which was much nicer and told that there was a party of 12 coming in. The waiter seemed rushed and as disinterested in being gracious as the hostess who seated us. Why make a reservation when you treated like a walk-in. The noise level why high and there no (as in none) ambience. My guests barely mentioned the food. I requested the most quiet spot in the restaurant; was seated by the entrance and reception desk. This was my first time and it will be my last.
- Dave1Dined on 10/29/2014Excellent evening, service was great and food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncommon offeringsFood4lifeDined on 10/26/2014Each time I eat here, I discover something new. Last time it was cold cucumber soup; this time it was apple strudel sorbet. Oh yes, the main course (Wienerschnitzel) was a discovery, too (not that I had never had one before; but this one was superb).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the expansionMalbecVIPDined on 10/26/2014Breakfast on Sunday was a delight as always. Did get a chance to see the expansion although we sat on the extended patio. Everything looks so nice and the food and service are as good as ever. We will be back next time we are in PD.Special Features:
- Dualdee33Dined on 10/25/2014The newly remodeled restaurant is beautiful and the food continues to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmm...LovelagunaVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our 1st time back after the re-opening/remodel. We noticed some differences that did not impress us-- 1) before, they offered sparkling water at no charge, which we thought was especially nice and different from other restaurants...but now they charge for bottled sparkling water; 2) the portion size on the brussel sprout salad seemed smaller than before and not nearly as tasty; 3) confusion among the food servers--they did not know which tables were receiving which plates of food; one server actually asked us if a mixed salad was ours even as we were still reading the menus.
- Great RestaurantPalmDesertTravelerDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant at the end of the strip mall. Was recommended by a family member, and they did not disappoint.Special Features:
- A Food Oasis in the DesertPSMarkVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have now been to Si Bon twice, and both times have been a treat. On my last trip, I had one of the specials.. duck in a citrus/ginger sauce. Although the skin wasn't crispy, the sauce and cook on the duck made up for it. My dinner companion had the sand dabs, and they were flavorful. The service was spot on with enough visits to ensure the food was to our liking but not overwhelming. The noise level near the kitchen is a bit loud, but there is a quieter section near the bar and a nice outdoor area.Special Features:
- Bad NightValGalinCalVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have been here many times and this night was not good. We brought friends and they are big food conosseirs but they did not think it held up to our rave reviews. Not sure if I will be going back for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definetely one of our favoritesfoodmavenDined on 10/12/2014Went for my birthday. I had the clams as appetizer and Mussels (which were very plump, extremely tasty and a uge and generous portion. My husband a green salad, followed by he sandabs. He thought they were the best he had ever had, very fresh, cooked perfectly and the sauce delicious. The vegies on the side were fresh and cooked al dente, just the way he likes them. He thought the mashed potatoes were a little gummy. We shared for dessert a crepe (filled with creme bruleee and beries). It was truly yummy. We have been there for breakfast, lunch and now dinner and Si Bon is a place you will want to come back to again and again. My Long Island ice tea was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Si Bon next time better I hopeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/10/2014Someone referred us to Si Bon, so thought we would try. We got there at 6:30pm on a Fri nite, & we were seated promptly, outside on the patio. Their misters weren't working, but the evening was nice. It filled up very quickly, what appeared like locals. Service could have been better-slow to bring drinks & to take the order. After we got our food, waiter was not very attentive-asking if everythng ok, refill on drinks. I had the mussels-won't order again-just ok, but a huge portion. Partner had Beef Stroganoff, which was pretty good. Started w/brussel sprout salad, which I hoped would be better-to much dressing, nothing creative,it was like a creamy blue cheese. I would go back, diners around us had interesting food, brunch also looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennyDined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed the food and happy to see that our favorite menu items remained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Having just reopened they need to get the service back to its prior levelSpecial Features:
- caseysmomVIPDined on 9/26/2014Reopened after expansion... still a great find! Specials were refreshing - showing an expanded menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back from the SummerJewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 9/25/2014First time to visiting after their closing and remodeling. What a great job they did and am sure they are looking forward to another sucessful year.Special Features:
- AliciaVIPDined on 9/21/2014This place is a real find!! Classic French/Belgium dining. Wonderful menu and great food. The best French baguettes ever. The new patio is very comfortable. Philippe's visit to the dining area to communicate with the dining patrons is also wonderful. He cares about what his customers think. We live in LA and cannot find such a gem as this. Oh - The Chocolate Mousse is a must!!Special Features:
- DennisDined on 9/20/2014It was excellent. The new bar area and outdoor area are very nice. The chef came around to ask how everything was.We have secound home there are are happy to find the place.That,s all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYoungatheartVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had an amazing dinner. Food and service is excellent. Presentation lovely. The newly redesigned restaurant is beautiful. The bar menu, available in the bar, has a unique variety of foods for a bar menu. There is something for everyone on the main menu and always delicious specials. Great place for breakfast and lunch as well.Special Features:
- Very GoodkingDined on 9/18/2014had beet salad that i enjoyed a lot sole entree was very tasty had custard waffle for desert the waffles were not belgian waffles more custard would make it better the waffles were not made to order parts of them were hard my biggest complaint in restaurants is serving flat sodas i ordered a diet coke and it was flat mentioned to casey who works at the front desk about the flat soda and he brought me one that was more fizzy had 2 refills and they were flat too soft drinks are a big profit item for restaurants and they charge a lot for them they should at least be carbonatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood findpattiDined on 9/15/2014varied creative menu with fair prices; service good but not excellent; food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the Si Bon reviews archive.
- DeliciousRMBobDined on 7/12/2014Of all my dining experiences in the last year, this was the best in terms of extraordinary food. It surpasses a number of "celebrity chef" restaurants that I have gone to in Las Vegas. Every item was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food...but one comment!NancyVIPDined on 7/8/2014We have dined here several times for brunch, lunch, and dinner and have enjoyed it every time. Recently we went for dinner and I ordered the brussel sprout salad. I took one bite and realized there were walnuts in it ( not listed on the menu) I have a terrible allergy to walnuts and the one bite caused a welt on my tongue. I brought it to the attention of my server and she immediately took it away and brought another. Restaurants MUST be aware that people have allergies, and should ALWAYS display on their menus all the ingredients. There are people who could literally die from eating certain nuts, so please be more pro active in your menu displays!!Special Features:
- Great find.MichaelLDined on 7/6/2014Quiet part of town berween Palm Springs and Palm Desert. Just Country Clubs all around this shopping center location. Kitchen closes at 9:00pm. It's 8:57pm and the restaurant has quietened down. we are just finishing a great meal and in comes a couple and sits down. They get as warm a welcome as if they walked in at 7:00pm with the retaurant full. That attention to service is the same as the attention to quality of the food (wild caught roasted copper mountain salmon) and the artistic presentation. My wife had the same reaction. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood bistroGrantVIPDined on 6/26/2014It is always a special experience to go to Si Bon. The food is always a giant step beyond what one expects and the service is also great. It is great to see that they are expanding both the interior and exterior dining space. This will hopefully make for a more comfortable bar space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes it was good (bon)OjaiorangeDined on 6/26/2014This was recommended to us and a great casual restaurant. It was incredible. The food is really interesting and very much like you would get in a French bistro. The escargot in waffle was delicious, but a bit soggy in the middle from all the wonderful juices. The special stuffed zucchini blossoms were tasty, but could have been a bit crisper. I had the fried chicken, really good, mashed potatoes and sides were excellent. My partner had the lobster stuffed with sole, again, really good, but a large portion, could have split this for sure. All in all, I would go back in a heartbeat, lots of things still to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don47Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant on a friend's suggestion. We were both pleased with the food and service, but the seating was a bit tight. The menu was eclectic and fun. I had the cucumber soup for an appetizer=delightfully summer fresh, and my wife had a crab ravioli with lemongrass=delicious. I had the sanddabs which had a nice sauce, and my wife had a chopped salad with lobster=also delicious. Overall the dinner and service was excellent, but do not sit near the door to the outside area as you catch a wave of hot air every 30 seconds or so. Fun place though with tasteful decoration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeElsaDined on 6/15/2014Nice and original dinner choices, and my husband and I would like to try it for lunch. Simply and cozy ambiance but hard to have a conversation since the proximity of the tables makes the place a little bit noisy. Maybe next time we try the outdoor tables.Special Features:
- A place to revisitafoodloverDined on 6/3/2014The very eclectic menu calls for more trips to this absolute jewel of a restaurant. I had the mussels--wow! My wife had the sand dabs--wow! The service was superb. The servers were gracious and helpful a real plus in the hectic restaurant world. We did not feel rushed. Our friends also said they would return. Put Si Bon on your list frequent visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful findRobertDined on 5/31/2014Me and my wife loved this Belgian place. She tried the escargot in a waffle it was yummy. Also I had a side order of lobster pasta and it was loaded with lobster. I had the pork and it just melted in your mouth. We also had the waffle dessert that had the creme brûlée inside, wow it's amazing definitely to die for. This is a gem if you are in town in Palm Desert, CA. The only thin is the seating is intimate and more fast food like type of seats, I guess room is limited, but other than that great food at a great price, must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSanDiegoDinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014The mussels are fantastic as well as the desserts. We ate on the patio and we were glad that we did. Inside it felt a bit cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.