Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
5040 Wild Horse Pass Boulevard
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-chandler
- Phone: (520) 796-1972
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Arechiga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Each Shula's Steak House is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17 - 0. The menus are hand painted on official NFL game footballs and signed by Coach himself. At Shula's Steak Houses, one of the featured entrees is the 48-Ounce Porterhouse. Those who finish it join Shula's 48-Ounce Club, which currently has more than 26,000 members. I invite you to enjoy an undefeated dining experience at Shula's Steak House, where we only offer the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT ® .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (21)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It's Holiday Time at Shula'sNewFavoritePlaceVIPDined on 12/7/2013It's December-The Best Steaks to be had. The Noise level is HIGH. People are Laughing-Enjoying the Wine-Eating Steaks and Nibbling on Lobster. It's Holiday Time at Shula's and we could hardly hear ourselves talk. We counted Five large parties set up in the dining room-our steaks took a little longer than normal-but they were dead on with the steak temp. Our Servers Tommy and Jeff were just perfect for our evening. Our guests were wondering how a person could order a well done steak and ask for mayo and mustard. Shula's is a great place to go for a fabulous dining experience-but during December-there was way too many beginners eating on the company dollar. The wine list is still offering great wines at a reasonable cost. Great Martinis !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimespatrDined on 12/4/2013I enjoyed my steak very much, but my spouse said it was just ok. App was tasty and so were our sides. Service and staff were outstanding!Special Features:
- Shula's Never dissapointsHalfloadDined on 12/3/2013The food and service at Shula's is always top notch. In my opinion the have the best filet in town; and yes that is a bold statement. The staff is always friendly and courteous, and the atmosphere is fantastic for a romantic date or dining business clients.Special Features:
- Too LoudJohnDined on 11/30/2013Possibly carpet or sound absorbing wall covering or SOMETHING to quiet it down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceazcahillDined on 11/21/2013Went for a birthday celebration. We were seated immediately upon arrival even though we were almost 20 minutes early for our reservation. The food and service were excellent. They spend a great deal of attention on getting it exactly right. We were surprised with a slice of their 7 layer chocolate cake to top off the birthday celebration. This is no small piece of cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's was an unexpected Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2013My husband likes to take us to the best of the best! So when it came to his birthday dinner I knew I couldn't go wrong with taking him where he always takes us to make us feel special. It made for an extra special birthday when he saw this timd we were taking him to Shula's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring on the BeefChefJohnDined on 11/13/2013Shula's a great American steak house operated in part by the great folks at Ovations (spelling), brings quality back to the dining table. An outstanding menu, al-la-carte of course, brings you the option to add to your meal service and create an evening of blissful greatness to your palat. Splitting plates or sharing an entrée is not uncommon these days and Shula's is right along for the ride! Definitely upscale quality, pricing and ambiance, worth the reservation for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are great, sides areOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013Steaks are great, sides are great, service great, overall concept very appealing. Not a fancy menu, grilled meat primarily. If you want a steak, go to Shula's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!LocalfoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2013My second time dining here. Food was good. Pricey. Not sure the value was there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food!LBuolDined on 11/8/2013We enjoyed dining here before we were attending a concert at the Wild Horse Pass Casino. Both excellent food and service! Definitely going back!Special Features:
- The Best!!dmontgDined on 11/2/2013What can I say except it was all around perfect. The food, atmosphere, and service was perfect.Special Features:
- Our last visit was to celebrateDonnaDined on 10/28/2013Our last visit was to celebrate my husband's birthday. As usual everything was perfect.Special Features:
- The food and service is alwaysgoodeatsDined on 10/28/2013The food and service is always great. My son had the surf and turf and the lobster was delicious. I tried the porterhouse and is was very flavorful. We had carrot cake and key lime pie which was heaven. We like to go to Shula's for special occasion as it is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on October 27, 2013chloeDined on 10/27/2013I took my husband and mother to Shula's for my husband's birthday, October 27. We had a reservation for 5:45, and plans to attend a concert afterwards at the casino. When we walked in for our reservation, we got the sense that things were disorganized and unattended to. We waiting about 10 minutes to be seated with very little interaction form the host (matre'd). When seated, service was slow and unattentive. We never had our glasses refilled and ordering a second round of drinks took a long time. Our waiter seemed frazzled and frustrated...The sense we got was that the restaurant was understaffed. Although the food was excellent, we have no desire to return to Shulas in the future. Mary weinma 602 540-0553
- Horrible ServiceJML411Dined on 10/22/2013Service was completely lacking, we arrived and it took almost 45 minutes for drinks to even arrive at the table and another 40 minutes for our entrees to arrive. The server never checked back to accomodate for refills or see if there was anything additional that we may need. For this type of restaurant, I usually anticipate service to be more prompt and spot on, which was not the case. It will be awhile before trying to go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2013This is the second time that I have dined here and both were a slight disappointment. Always expecting better service and better food. I am not a fan of seeing my raw meet paraded by my table before I eat.Special Features:
- Disappointment for a stellar chainChrisVIPDined on 9/24/2013I visited this restaurant with my wife and a friend after having an amazing dining experience there the previous week. I typically do not give bad ratings but decide to spend my money elsewhere when I experience such a pathetic excuse for a restaurant. Shula's has an impeccable name and this restaurant owner/manager doesn't deserve to represent it. My wife and her sister had water spilled down her back when we arrived, the wine took 45 minutes to be delivered to the table, the desert (chocolate lava cake) was 30 minutes after the meal even though it was pre-ordered and then was burned, and they were unable to process my gift-card. I asked for the manager to call me the next day from both my server and hostess but no call was made.
- Ah Yes - OLD SCHOOL STEAK HOUSE !!NewFavoritePlaceVIPDined on 9/8/2013What is Shula's Steak House? It is an Old School Steak Dinner. A big piece of Beef that is served al a carte. High quality, large steaks on a plate to satisfy that need to indulge in a carnivorous way. My husband and I read a few of the past comments and agree the steaks are priced accordingly. You get a choice of an 8 or 12 ounce Filet, most other steak houses offer 6, 8 or 10 ounce. If you compare Shula's to other steak house you need to look at the upscale steak house not the casual chains. The fish is what I go for, fresh and prepared well. We do enjoy sharing different sides so we may enjoy what we like instead of those horrible little plate filling veggies like a school cafeteria. Shula's is not for the happy hour casual chain goer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration PlaceDin4ServDined on 9/3/2013Great atmosphere, I felt like I was in my own dining room with special friends. Food was excellent!!!, Service was excellent!! Great and affordable wines. The best sangria I have ever had. Steaks were superb!!! All of my party would definitely return again and again for such a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priceyprice2hiDined on 9/2/2013The food wasn't that great for the prices being charged. Presentation of food was mediocre compared to appearance of restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was, as always,MisterandmrsBVIPDined on 8/30/2013The service was, as always, unparalleled. The servers attentive and responsive to our needs and requests. The food was outstanding especially the Halibut. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's SteakhouseAzjeDined on 8/25/2013I thought the evening was a little pricey given the quality of the food. Not that I didn't know it was expensive, but it did turn out to be more than expected. You could have a similar meal elsewhere for less without sacrificing quality. Probably would not recommend this establishment due to price.Special Features:
- Very good - wasn't amazedTitosDined on 8/16/2013Server had limited wine knowledge, but they did have a som on site to help with the selection. Had a blowout on a great bottle which was the highlight of the meal. Food was very good, but did not leave any "wow" factors. Wouldn't rush back but wouldn't be discouraged from going again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceazcahillDined on 8/11/2013My wife ate here while staying at the Wild Horse Pass hotel. Shula's is on the 2nd floor overlooking the Casino. We were greeted with grace and professionalism. Seated within a minute of arrival after the host confirmed the table was set to their standards. The food was exquisite. Just the right temperature and tenderness. The restaurant is a bit pricey but the "upscale" experience is a rarity for those of us normally on a budget. It is an extravagance worth saving up for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious restaurant. BestScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 8/3/2013Delicious restaurant. Best steak restaurant in Arizona.Special Features:
- Excellenttf97355Dined on 7/30/2013These are the best steaks in Phoenix. The service and side dishes were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013Great service, good food, and good portions. i will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib! Love it here,aliceDined on 7/11/2013Best Prime Rib! Love it here, too bad you have to walk thru the smoke to get there. I wish it had it had there own entranceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took the president of makeSweetDDined on 7/9/2013I took the president of make company there who was in town from VA. I told him about the lamb porterhouse and after he worked them over as much as he could with his knife and fork, he apologized and picked them both up with his hands to finish them off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHULASMGPHAASVIPDined on 7/6/2013Always love coming here, lobster was excellent!! just wish you had a location in Tucson, but we dont mind the drive ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was wonderfulFishDined on 7/6/2013The service was wonderful and the service was really good and will keep me coming backSpecial Features:
- Absolute Fabulous Dining ExperiencepinkbriefcaseDined on 7/5/2013We had the privilege of celebrating our anniversary at Shula's Steak House. We wanted to try something close to home and thought of Shula's since we pass the sign on the I-10 frequently. Expecting a casual, good experience, we were BLOWN AWAY with what we got! The ambience, the food, the staff, the martini's, the dessert, EVERY SINGLE element of our dining experience EXCEEDED out expectations! We are so excited to have this gem of a quality dining venue so close to us. We have told several people about our experience and we cannot wait to have the opportunity to go back!!! It could very well be our anniversary gift to ourselves every year!!! Highly recommend! It is a little pricy, but plan for it. IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's is PerfectionBellaDined on 7/5/2013We have dined at Shula's several times and the service, food and ambience are always excellent. They have serious quality control with their food and their servers are extremely well trained. All in all a most enjoyable experience each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the ExperianceSuprised01Dined on 7/5/2013I have traveled around the world to many countries, and have had the opportunity to dine at many 5 star restaurants. It was a pleasure to find Shula's experience was on par to what I have come to expect in fine dinning. The staff are respectful and understand privacy of their patrons, this alone made the meal well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2013Service from wait staff was good. Hostess was not very good maybe she was having a bad day. We had reservation at 6:45 we showed up at 6:35. Was told that our resevation were not till 645 so they offered us drinks at the bar. We were only 10 minutes early and they would not seat us. They were not busy so we sat out side the resturant till we could be seated. Wait staff was great if it was not for them I would have left. They explained the cut of meat and the specails. We even request something of the specail for a side dish and was good. The prices were very high so this is only a specail event place to eat.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the perfectly cookedTempe12Dined on 6/5/2013Enjoyed the perfectly cooked prime rib, still regret not getting the ribeye. Wife was pleased with porter house and dragon berry mojito. Can only afford to go back for Christmas and Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffStumpDined on 5/15/2013Always had a great meal at Shula's, we try to go every time we get to the Phoenix area & Wild Horse Casino. Have recommended to all we know. Staff has always been great from bartender, hostess to servers. Took my son for first time last week and he loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedLenardDined on 5/12/2013I have eaten at this resturant many times included those in Miami and Indianapolis. I must say my experience on Mother's Day with my mom and dad was disappointing. Although the rest of my party's orders were prepared perfectly my Kansas City style New York Strip order "Medium" was delivered "Rare". It took three attempts to get it right. The staff was extremely curtious and made ever attempt to make me happy. I'll strike this one up to "it's bound to happen" and will give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 2013 Shula's ExperienceLunch09212013VIPDined on 5/8/2013Again, the food and service were great. We had Filets, and they were cooked to perfection. We also had Margaritas, which were delicous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in town...LindaschumDined on 5/6/2013Great steaks, phenomenal baked potato. Veggie. Choices a little hard for my taste but tasty. The birthday offer very enticing. I've been there tree times in the last year. It is a lot of food, tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.