Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest
400 Park Blvd
Itasca, IL 60143Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-nw-chicago
- Phone: 6307751499
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call to book your next private party at Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest. We have space available from 2 to 100 raving fans. Personalized menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Maggio 6307751282x
- Special Events: For Private Dining please contact Stephanie Maggio, Business Development Manager at 630-775-1282
A word from Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest
Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest has been ranked among the top five steak houses in America since 1991. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a virtual museum of the 1972 PERFECT season of the Miami Dolphins. Our restaurant is built on serving the "best beef money can buy" and serves only Premium Black Angus Beef. All of our steaks feature the SHULA CUT which is center cut, aged to perfection premium black angus beef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest - Best Restaurants in Itasca ›
Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (27)romantic (20)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Special Occasion Treatluckbealady2nightDined on 10/20/2014This is the third time I've visited this restaurant, and it will certainly not be the last. The lobster bisque was tasty (though a bit salty), the steak medallions were the perfect portion size, paired with a crab cake and scallops, and the Key Lime pie was the perfect tartness, and was just delicious. The atmosphere is quiet and nice, but once some other work-related diners arrive, it can seem noisy for such a quaint restaurant, but this definitely wouldn't keep me away. The wait staff is very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Out of place in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good service was good. Tacky football brought to table. 18% gratuity added for a party of 2 not good too assume your food and sevice is that good! Will not return or recommend.
- Not worth the hype.....SherrydVIPDined on 9/27/2014I was here 11 years ago and it was much better then. While the wedge and baked potato were both fantastic (tho $8.00 is ALOT of money for a potato!) the steak was fair at best. I was excited to try the mushrooms, since the description indicated there were 3 kinds in it. It was too salty and had too many shallots in it. The steak, too, was quite salty and quite frankly, I've had just as good or better for alot less. If I ever went back again, I definitely would not order the steak.Special Features:
- Great placeMarineVIPDined on 9/27/2014If you like steak, this is the place to go. Food, drink and ambiance where perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Had a perfect business lunch. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014For the price, it was disappointing, other steak houses have much better food and side dishes.
- Thanks but no thanksJMooreVIPDined on 9/11/2014Waitstaff was attentive but there was a language barrier that you don't normally find at one of Shula's restaurants (eaten at several), ordered lamb and was told I should get steak instead after touting lamb on butcher cart, and the chocolate layer cake was stale and tasteless.Special Features:
- Perfect date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014We saw that the restaurant had good reviews from a couple of websites and really wanted to try something new. We went there on a Sunday evening and pretty much had the place to ourselves besides one other table. Normally I would think typing this isn't a good sign, but it is in a hotel and probably do most of their business during the week. The hostess and our waitress were both excellent, very knowledgeable and nice, service is definitely a big part of going out for us. As for the food, we both had the filet mignon. It was tender and cooked to perfection! We also gave the crab mac n cheese a try which was tasty, the sides are big enough to share. Even though we were getting full we found room for the chocolate molten cake, it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business Luncheon.priorityloggroupDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful experience. The food was amazing and the staff was competent, friendly & accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddybearfreddybearDined on 8/15/2014I was not going to go here, but decided to stay in hotel. I was really amased at the care that was given me. The filet steat was cooked just right to my liking. The bread was awesome and delicious. Service was exceptional. Very pricy, but well worth the time on a Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ExpensivempercieDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at Shula's Steak House in Naples, Florida on several occasions. I knew high pricey it is. This was my first visit to Shula's in Itasca, IL. The food and service was fantastic. But at $196.00 for two, is just too expensive for me to come here very often.Special Features:
- Best Steak Ever!!DivaDined on 8/6/2014The filet mignon was Excellent!! Best steak I've ever had!!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDudiDined on 8/2/2014I normally love steak houses, but this was empty on Saturday night, no ambiance at all, and the service was SLOW. As always, food it great, wine list is strong with Duckhorn selections, but I would not go back to this location.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOzAmaroDined on 8/1/2014The entrees were awesome (BBQ Shrimp with bacon) the blackened steaks were incredible. AAA as always.Special Features:
- Best Filet Minon I Ever Had!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at Shula's Steak House! The presentation at the table of the cut of meats was fun and informative! The side dishes are huge and compliment the steak perfectly. The Lemon Drop Martini was also the best I have ever had. It is apparent that only the best and freshest ingredients are used throughout the restaurant. The awesome finish was the chocolate souffle -- very light and perfect! The waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The ambiance was perfect with the dark wood, the Shula memorabilia and the Frank Sinatra music! We had a lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supurbjfm27Dined on 7/26/2014It is hard to decide whether the food was superb or phenomenal. I think the latter. I have not had a stea that good in a long time. If you love your beef, you will love Shula's/ I cannot say enough about our experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Biggest prime rib sandwich i have ever seen and delicious! Great service and attentiveness.Special Features:
- Wonderful As AlwaysdmannersDined on 7/7/2014If you are interested in excellent service and food, you have to go to Shula's. Customer service is their specialty along with great steaks and sides. The 8 oz filet was tender and flavorful, melt in your mouth goodness. The bone in rib eye was succulent and tasty and the Kansas City Strip was just a tender and flavorful. The asparagus was tender with just enough snap and served with a creamy hollandaise sauce. The potato gratin was cheesy with just enough melted cheese to give it a great flavor. Both were more than enough to share with 3. Service was impeccable. The staff was professional and attentive, but not hovering around us. They know the menu well and were able to explain each cut of meat and answer our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shulas always exceptionalPabloXTXRNDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I went to Shula's to celebrate our birthdays. Our reservation was right on time and they were not busy as they had an early crowd and two weddings in the hotel that night. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. Miguel especially was great and we really enjoyed chatting with him. Food was very, very good-as always. A great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service, Food & DrinksDandyVIPDined on 6/26/2014The menu offers great steak choices. Appetizers and desserts are wonderful. Wait staff attention is very high and they respond to every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 304 reviews are from the Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest reviews archive.
- DabdazDined on 6/21/2014I look forward to spending my Birthday at Shula's every yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcrowded, really?familydinnerDined on 6/14/2014A poor table location spoiled what would have been an great evening. When we arrived for our 7 pm reservation we were told "we have a lot of reservations this evening so the only table we can give you is in between the front door and the kitchen or in front of the front door". Neither was a good location. Throughout the evening we glanced at the more desirable areas of the restaurant which had many empty table all evening. I don't understand the host's attitude, but there were certainly open tables when we arrived and throughout our meal. The food was great and the service was good but the table location was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as UsualFineDiningGary1VIPDined on 6/12/2014My wife and I and neighborhood friends are regulars at Shula's of Itasca, and continue to visit knowing we will receive excellent food and spirits along with top notch service. We recommend Shula's to anyone wanting the best in in its class. Happy fine dining, FineDiningGary1Special Features:
- Always a treatJanJDined on 6/6/2014Shula's has become our go-to place for our special occasions, especially when one of us is in the mood for a great steak. I had the steak special which was served with a wonderful demi-glace and my husband had the cowboy cut - also delicious. Service as extremely attentive as usual. We have never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!jimmyc47Dined on 5/18/2014Everything about Shula's Steak house was first class, from the food to the atmosphere. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceDandyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Great steaks, cocktails and service at this gem. We have always enjoyed dining at Schulas Restaurant. Service and attention to patrons of the restaurant is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Mother's DaydmannersDined on 5/9/2014We took my mother in law for an early Mother's Day dinner and it was fabulous. We were greeting when we arrived and were seated. Our hostess explained the football and about the photo's on the wall in the restaurant. Our waiter greeted us and took our drink order. He brought the meat cart over and went through the different cuts of meat and explained about the sides and a few other menu items. He was very knowledgeable and attentive throughout our meal. My MIL order the filet which she said melted in her mouth. I had the cowboy rib eye and my hubby order the 24oz porterhouse, all wonderful. Our sides were the grilled asparagus, grilled corn and potatoes gratin. All marvelous. It was a great Mother's Day dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sign up for email clubfuzzykiwi48VIPDined on 5/4/2014Very good food and service, great to be able to go to a nice steakhouse without the city hassles of parking. Sign up for their email list, you get a free entree in your birthday month!Special Features:
- ExcellentTomekDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I dine at Shula's a few times a year. The service is excellent and caring. Then there's the food, by far the best steakhouse. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014Location is a little sleepy. Still good food and great service. It is a little isolated being in a corporate area, however it is a good place for such a meeting or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Staff & Manager!!FoodieVIPDined on 4/9/2014I've gone to Shula's for a while and I keep coming back because of the delicious food but most of all for the GREAT Service! It's never disappointing.Special Features:
- Shula's wont disappoint anyone...Shlim1Dined on 3/30/2014...except your pocket book! Excellent food! Excellent service! Excellent atmosphere! Unfortunately the cuts of meat the sides are twice the price of Ruths Chris, and other fine steak houses! $44 small porterhouse... $9 baked potato.... goes on from there. There is no mistaking the food quality and especially the service, but for my liking it was just too darn pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't know what medium rare isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/20142 of the 3 in my party ordered steaks. Both ordered medium rare. They both came out on the medium side almost medium well. I was with my dad and boyfriend. So my dad will never send food back so he just ate it. However my boyfriend did let them know. They were very nice and responsive in getting another steak back. However it came back a smidge better but still medium. We're not the type of people to complain and keep sending things back. So he said it's fine. However they shine a flashlight into the meat to check while we cut it. They can see in that first cut its not medium rare. So it crazy they don't acknowledge it. I know we should have let someone know again. But we were just trying to enjoy each other's company not make a scene.Special Features:
- OutstandingJimboeatsDined on 3/22/2014I would have to say the hole meal was top shelf,outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining Experiencefoodlover2Dined on 3/17/2014I loved the warm cozy feeling of this place. The dark wood and warm lighting gave the feeling of being in a English Manor library. The food was a feast to the eyes and gastro systems as well. The scallops were excellently prepared and served on a bed of corn mixed with bacon which brought out the creaminess of the scallops. The cowboy ribeye was so tender it was like cutting through butter. From making the reservations, to the waitstaff, to the menu selections, to the follow-up call the following day, Shula's Steakhouse was a fabulous experience and well worth doing again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time disappointmentJimmyDined on 3/15/2014I've been to Shula's several times. As always, the food was excellent. However, this was the first time that we had poor service. After being seated, we waited over 10 minutes for our waiter to approach our table. Customers who were seated close by who were shown their table AFTER we were had rec'd their menus and placed their drink orders.Upon arrival, the waiter mumbled some apology for being so late. The rest of the evening followed this pattern. Had it not been for the attentiveness of the support staff, the evening would have been a total disaster.Special Features:
- Great steaksMcETDined on 3/15/2014The bone-in filet was absolutely the best steak I've ever had. The twice-baked potato was large enough to share. The carrot cake dessert was a nice finish. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service / ambiance?DenisevDined on 3/1/2014Dinner interrupted by a couple to elected to bring a small child (dressed in pajamas) to the establishment. Unfortunately, this little boy did not want to enjoy the atmosphere as much as we did and proceeded to have several melt downs. Each were appx 10 minutes long before dad took the child out into the lobby to calm him, only to return to have the child even more upset. My sister and I were unable to hear each other speak. This is a difficult situation for any manager to deal with, so perhaps that is why they elected to ignore it. My sister and I are quickly and took 1/2 a bottle of wine home with us. I cannot say enough GOOD things about the service and food. But this is NOT the type of relaxing evening we had planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved my friend's 28oz PorterhousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014I loved my friend's 28oz Porterhouse steak-my prime rib was good. A bit pricey BUT food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They brought my husband aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014They brought my husband a wrong entree. I had finished my dinner and my husband still had'nt received his entree. I told 3 separate waiters that my husband was still waiting for his correct entree. By the time it came, my husband had it wrapped up and he just took it home. It was a terrible dining experience for an expensive , more upscale , steakhouse. We would never go back.