Shula's Steak House - Tysons Corner
8028 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's Steak House - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriottmodules.com/tysons_corner_marriott/shulas_steak_house
- Phone: 7035063256
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Hours: Monday - Friday: 6:30am to 10:00am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am to 11:00am Lunch Hours: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm No Name Lounge: Daily 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Murray
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We also offer an extensive wine list and tempting desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's is now featuring 4 dining rooms with seating anywhere from 6-40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Paige Romanow 7035062431
- Entertainment: Music Fridays at Shula's! Live Music from from 6-9pm. Call for the additional information.
- Special Events: Shula's has catered many "Perfect" group functions. For your convenience, group-dining menus are available. In addition, we have assembled a highly qualified service team with experience and dedication that will ensure your event is a "Perfect" one. Our private dining rooms are equipped with advanced audio visual technology, including LCD flat panel screens, and internet access. Additional audio visual needs can be arranged with your coordinator and delivered with MVP service.
A word from Shula's Steak House - Tysons Corner
Shula's is a premiere steak house! Offering Premium Black Angus Beef & the freshest seafood. This elegant dining experience is themed after the Miami Dolphins 1972 perfect season. Try one of Shula's Specialty Starters: Jumbo Shrimp wrapped in Apple Smoked Bacon or Shula's newly featured menu item Blackened Tenderloin Tips. The perfect way to leave a lasting impression!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's Steak House - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
- Farewell to Once-GREAT RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2012Shulas is a fantastic restaurant, but this was its last night serving Shulas food selections, as they were closing their doors. As a result, there were few choices on the menu, and dining was held in a side room while the space is being renovated. Staff was very nice and helpful, calling us ahead of time about the serving space, but if we had known it was going to be that little of a selection, we would have had kept the memory of a once great restaurant in our minds instead of trying to make just one more trip. Hope the Richmond one stays open, as all of the Baltimore / DC Shulas are out of business. Scores above just reflect this trip, NOT a typical Shulas experience.
- Great restaurant, sad theyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2012Great restaurant, sad they are closing. I hope when they reopen next year as a different restaurant they are able to keep the old staff. They were very attentive.Special Features:
- We were sorry to learn thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2012We were sorry to learn that this restaurant is closing. Fantastic steaks, great service, but it is true that the two times we've been there we've had the place almost to ourselves. Too bad.Special Features:
- I brought my birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2012I brought my birthday gift of the "Undefeated" Miami Dolphins with Shula's photo. The waitors enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Say it ain't so....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2012We were distraught hear that the restaurant is slated for closure. We live in the District, but Shulas is one of the very few reasons we go to Tyson'sSpecial Features:
- Went there for my anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Went there for my anniversary. The steaks were excellent! My only complaint would be they did nothing special for or anniversary.Special Features:
- Outstanding food. 1 of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Outstanding food. 1 of the best steaks and side dishes I've ever had.Special Features:
- The restuarant was nice forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012The restuarant was nice for my fifth anniversary walk in and reservation was right on time and the staff was awesome and knowable. The meal itself was great. They did hover over the table but kept everything full. The only downside is if you sit by the hotel entrance side you here the noise of guest checking in. I would definitely recommend this restuarant to all my friends.Special Features:
- Good Food But . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012The food was great. I asked for water and was given a lemonade. For our children, when we ordered, we asked for the macaroni with the crab taken off and that the price be reduced accordingly. The waiter mumbled something, but I could not understand him. Both of the waiters had heavy accents and I was not sure what the other waiter said when I ordered the water either. The macaroni came without the crab but they charged us full price. So we had to wait to get the manager's attention and then wait about ten more minutes with young anxious children for the bill to be corrected. We were celebrating my birthday and our anniversary and they were aware of this. But we did not get a free desert or even after dinner mints.Special Features:
- The steaks were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2012The steaks were excellent. The service was very prompt and attentive. The restaurant's ambience is adequate considering it's between the reception area of the bite, and the bar but not as good as the food or service.
- Great place to enjoy a dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2012Great place to enjoy a dinner with the family. Servers were very kind and steaks were really great!!!Special Features:
- We were one (1) of four (4)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We were one (1) of four (4) tables.After one hour and forty five minutes, I had to ask if our dinner was ready or not.I was ready to leave.We were there close to three (3) hours.That is unacceptable.
- Service was tremendous, theyOutofTownerDined on 8/23/2012Service was tremendous, they operate as a team with a number of the staff attending to every need. Each appetizer was fantastic, especially the blackened scallops and crab cakes.Special Features:
- We had an 8:30pm reservationAlwaysHungryDined on 8/10/2012We had an 8:30pm reservation on Friday and expected the restaurant to be busy. Much to our surprise, we were the only diners. Our server's name was Jun and he was very helpful, albeit very difficult to understand. We had the cowboy cut ribeye and the 24oz porterhouse. Both were cooked to perfection as well as our sides of creamed spinach, asparagus and sauteed mushrooms. I would recommend that if you're in the mood for steaks to check out Shula's.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.sandyVIPDined on 8/8/2012Wonderful food and service. They made us feel specialSpecial Features:
- Very attentive staff and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2012Very attentive staff and good food. Although I do not mind spending money for a good meal, I feel the prices for this establishment are excessive. The entrees seems fairly priced but pricing for the side dishes and desert are too high. I understand why there were very few people in the place.Special Features:
- An Exceptional Dinning Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2012Always enjoy my visit to Shula's. Shula's is my all time favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Visited Shula's for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2012Visited Shula's for a business dinner and overall it was very good. The food was very good (although not in my "top 5" of steakhouses in the country). The football theme in the restaurant was unique for a steakhouse and for the most part I didn't mind. The placing on my table of the football with the steak menu on it was a little weird. My only complaint was that my waiter was extremely difficult to understand (although he was very courteous and provided good service).
- Excellent lunch/dinner restaurantluv2dineDined on 7/18/2012Shula's has a great lunch menu. Lunch time prices are reasonable for the high quality of food and the great service. It is usually quiet so conversations are easy. I have been to Shula's for lunch several times and would definitely go again. I have also eaten dinner at Shula's both in the restaurant and at the bar. The quality of food and service in the restaurant is exceptional, but the prices are high. I prefer to eat dinner in the bar area, as the bar menu offers less expensive options. The food in the bar is excellent, and the drinks (and bartenders) are great, too.Special Features:
- Awesome steaks. Best filetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Awesome steaks. Best filet hands down. A little odd that it wasn't busier. Weird that there were only 3 other couples, for a Friday night. Excellent otherwise.Special Features:
- Worst restaurant I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Worst restaurant I have eaten at ever! For the price this was a joke. Don't go!
- Pricey, a monster steak onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2012Pricey, a monster steak on the menu, pleasant serviceSpecial Features:
- BummerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2012There were 6 in my party. Several of us had dined at Shula's in other cities, and had high expectations. But this particular Shula's was sub-par. Although the service was good, the food was not great. My ribeye was fair, but not nearly as tasty or tender as I would expect. (Just months ago, I enjoyed a fantastic ribeye just down the road at J.Gilberts in McLean. In fact, our entire J.Gilberts dining experience was 5-star -- I would definitely return there vs. this Shula's.) Two people in my group complained that their fish was dry and rubbery. On the upside, the chocolate lava cake was delicious. On the whole, dinner was kind of a bummer. I convinced my party to spend outside their budget for one night, and it wasn't worth it.
- Amazing as always!GordonGekkoVIPDined on 6/6/2012We love this place and are repeat patrons. We went this time to celebrate our wedding and received the usual 5 star treatment. The staff remembered us from prior visits and took great care of us. The food was amazing as usual and we highly recommend going. We will continue to go here.Special Features:
- Great place if you are inwalk2eatDined on 5/22/2012Great place if you are in the mood for a large amount of beef! The prime rib was cooked perfectly and very tender.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!TravelerVIPDined on 4/13/2012Excellent dining experience at Shula's, and very eager to visit again. Outstanding steaks prepared exactly to our tastes, and fantastic side dishes. Truly superior service from our server Amanda and her co-worker. Beautiful restaurant, with wonderful ambience. The hostess gave us VIP treatment, our table was ready right on schedule, and we we felt very welcomed by the warm hospitality. You won't go wrong if you dine at Shula's.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks. Better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2012Excellent steaks. Better than Peter Lugars at half the price
- Service was great but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2012Service was great but very difficult to understand the staff. All were foreign so they spoke broken english.Special Features:
- I saw a Man vs. Food episodeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012I saw a Man vs. Food episode that took place at Shula's in Miami. They went on and on about the beef. Select producers, hand cut, blah, blah, blah. I had to go. It's on the first floor of some crappy, run-down Sheraton. The service was unexceptional and the beef...total disappointment. Like the Capital Grill, another rip-off, I will never go to Shula's again.
- The quality of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2012The quality of the food was not adequate for the price paid. The steaks were very disappointing. Two of us ordered Filet and it was rather plain. We eat a lot of filet and these were not even close to average in their taste, texture or juiciness.
- We went at lunch and wereEuvitesVIPDined on 3/29/2012We went at lunch and were the only diners there. There was nothing wrong with the place, but the location is a bit off the beaten path. Since I do not like being the lone diner at a restaurant, I would not recommend the place for lunch.
- For the steak prices at aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012For the steak prices at a steak restaurant, i expected 'perfect steak' but didn't get it. i ordered a medium rare steak. The waiter cut into the middle to show me that it was medium rare... but after he left, and i started eating, i realized that over half of the steak was more than well done and very tasteless for someone who prefers steak with a pink center. I was disappointed in the quality of the steak -- it just wasn't all that good.
- This restaurant is may needOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012This restaurant is may need a facelift. The furniture and decor seems dated. There are better choices in Tysons Corner that are better value in terms of more modern and upto date setting.
- Great Romatic LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2012The service was impeccable. Always checking to make sure everything was ok. Food was fabulous. The Flash Fried Lobster to amazing. Prime rib was outrageously huge. Crab Mac & cheese to die for. Sauteed Spinach had just the right amount of oil and garlic. The Creme Burlee was creamy. Large portions.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!GordonGekkoVIPDined on 3/6/2012Amazing food and amazing service! We love this restaurant and will go back again and again!Special Features:
- Outstanding service. SteaksClydVIPDined on 3/3/2012Outstanding service. Steaks and prime rib were excellent. I think the restaurant should think about finding a new recipe for mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes did not have much flavor.Special Features:
- Absolutely must go here!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2012The food is wonderful, I had the salmon, it was FANTASTIC! Also, the chocolate lava cake was incredible. Plus we had absolutely GREAT service, I highly recommend this place, GO THERE!Special Features:
- IT WAS A HAPPY BIRTHDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012Shula's is hidden in the inner works of the Tyson's Marriott Hotel. Service is very nice, and the food is first class. The staff adds personal qualities that make the evening very memorable.Special Features:
- Absolutely Outstanding!LuckymeDined on 2/20/2012My family has dined several times at Shula's at Tysons Corner and we have never been disappointed! The food is superb, the service is outstanding, and the ambiance is warm and inviting. We now make this restaurant our number one for special occasions.Special Features:
- What a wonderful evening.PERFECTIONVIPDined on 2/18/2012What a wonderful evening. The wait team could not have been more attentive, yet most respectful of space; the food was fabulous from the wine to the steak (of course) to that amazing chocolate layer cake; the atmosphere just perfect. Thank you!Special Features: