Shula's Steak House - Tampa
4860 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-tampa
- Phone: 8132864366
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am-10:30am
Saturday & Sunday 6:30am-11:30am
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Boyd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula’s has 3 private dining rooms that can accommodate your party. Salon A seats up to 18, Salon B seats up to 12 and the Sun Coast Room seats up to 80. Our in-house audio visual team is available should you require equipment or assistance. Our Sun Coast Courtyard is the perfect setting for your reception prior to your dinner – two splashing fountains, ringed with outdoor lights; you’ll forget you’re in the city! At Shula’s, there’s never a room rental fee and we don’t charge food minimums. We do offer complimentary valet parking for your guests.
- Special Events: Contact Rosa Martinez directly to coordinate any Special Events at
813-639-4125 or email@example.com.
A word from Shula's Steak House - Tampa
Shula's Steak House has consistently ranked among the top ten steak houses in America since 1991. With an atmosphere showcasing the 1972 Miami Dolphins' perfect season, we proudly serve The SHULA CUT, our premier center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef. Winner of Tripadvisor 2014 Certificate of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Shula's Steak House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Shula's Steak House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (35)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Worth it!!MeeshDined on 8/23/2014We split a cowboy ribeye, green beans & crab man-n-cheese. Everything was delicious...including the fresh sourdough bread!!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner locationLuvSouthernFoodDined on 8/16/2014The place was fabulous. The restaurant provided a five-star feel to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birtday DinnerJon2014Dined on 8/14/2014I contacted Shula's for reservations for my wife's birthday, and after receiving the conformation I requested if they could do something special. Crystal Falanga Shula’s Head Coach responded and assured me they would do something. It was great it seemed as if the entire staff new our names, the table had rose pedals all over it, they started with champagne and the meal was to die for. At the end of our dinner they served a beautiful chocolate cake on a personalized plate it was great. Thank You to Shula's and Crystal for making my wife's birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaks but ...MaryDined on 8/7/2014Food and service were superb! The resturant has no ambience..brighter lights, decor benign (all star plques and OLD football with menu-old gold sign on guests table saying happy anniversary-- outdated); boring, closeness of tables too close, should be placed differently, we were in each other's conversation side by side. I would go back, but not monthly or routinely even though food was good
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerdeliciousDined on 8/7/2014Shula's staff made us feel welcome and catered to our every need. My wife and I were celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversary and they made us feel like King and Queen. We love to go here for the awesome 24oz Porterhouse steaks and the amazing side dishes. Of course finishing things off with a wonderful chocolate lava cake dessert made the experience even sweeter :) We highly recommend Shula's Steak House as a go to place for amazing food and fine dining.Special Features:
- Sunday night - almost too quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Our server (Gary?) was pleasant and funny. Was there with a friend and we both ordered filet mignon - cooked great. Lava cake and mushroom sides were very good. It was just so empty - perhaps two other couples in the whole restaurant - it made it rather lacking in ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks Period!NinaBDined on 8/2/2014We have been to this Shula's and the one in Tallahassee, and the steaks are perfect. No place better place for a perfectly prepared steak dinner. This is an expensive meal, but worth it if you are a steak lover!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerfamilydinerDined on 8/1/2014Overall the experience was good. The steak was not the best I've had in the Tampa area but it was good. The scallops and the lamb were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!WatchdivaDined on 7/29/2014Lamb chops were unbelievably good. My husband and son ordered 16 oz prime rib which was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our servers were attentive but did not "hover". A great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greataralwoodDined on 7/25/2014Food and service were outstanding. They made my mother in laws birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014It was a special occasion so it's easy to overlook. Having said that, the pricing is truly prohibitive as evidenced by the sparse crowd at 7 pm. Frankly, although not inexpensive by any stretch, I much prefer Bern's Steakhouse.Special Features:
- We love Shula'srredmjDined on 7/16/2014We are always treated special. We go there with our friends and always have reservation. We are seated promptly. Paul is the best waiter anywhere. The management always comes by to make sure everything meets our satisfaction. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- They're BackAndyNPRVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were there a few months ago and had a bad night. Our dinner this time was back to their high standards. The service as always (thanks Paul) was superb. The food came out properly cooked. All was good! We'll be back.Special Features:
- We love dining at Shula's - perfectrredmjDined on 7/4/2014We call our group the dirty half dozen. We celebrate our birthdays, anniversaries and any other reason to be a little extravagant and dine at Shula's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer serviceLuvcakeDined on 6/21/2014We went to shulas celebrating our birthdays. We we got there we were told we would receive a birthday plaque for our table and cake. We never did. When we left we were asked how was your dinner? I replied great but you never came back with our plaque. Her response was we ran out. That's was it. Never came to the table or anything. For the money I expected a little more. But food and service other wise was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unbeatable SteakFrequntDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I are regulars at Shula's and have been disappointed. The steaks and service are great and management is friendly and keeps on top of things. The only place we've had a better steak is a fancy hotel restaurant in Japan. While Shula's is pricey, for special occasions it's well worth it. In fact, we drive a full hour to eat there.Special Features:
- Birthday FunLeighbVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was a repeat birthday visit. Two years of great meals and service, so back we went for a 3rd. It was perfect! Food, quiet ambiance, cheerful staff who will chat if talked to, or stay quietly offsides. We start in the bar, where they always chime in for birthday chat. The kitchen prepared, cooked, and plated tastefully and beyond expectation. Management was present, and checking in with all diners. Retiring to the bar was fun, as the staff again insisted on celebrating the birthday. In rainy June in Tampa, I love that we arrive to a pretty hotel, disembark under the canopy, then walk to the lobby location of Shula's. There's no sloshing across a wet parking lot with an umbrella that needs to be stored, arriving wet to the hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day treatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014My husband wanted steak and we have dined at Shula's before and always found it to be exceptional. Service was friendly and attentive and responsive when we asked to be moved due to another diner who sat behind us and her perfume was overwhelming. The Tampa site is brighter and less "masculine" than the Orlando one. As always, the steak is perfectly done and tender and we had the crab mac and cheese - wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was underwhelming.SunnidaddadDined on 6/9/2014Yes, the food was very good, but the service was slow and somewhat unattentive -- we were quite surprised. Our server didn't even tell us about the complimentary dessert (our anniversary) until AFTER we had ordered and eaten a dessert. We've never had any restaurant fail to inform us, much less one as classy as this one is supposd to be. Very poor show!! We won't be returning anytime soon.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Took my son for his birthday. I told him to find a place and this was what he decided on. The restaurant itself was very nice, the steak was amazing. The four of us had two Kansas City Strips, one NY Strip, and a Filet, all of which were great. both the KC strips were ordered med rare, but my son's definitely came out more rare than mine did, which is the preference for both of us. But was a great cut regardless. We also had grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes, both awesome. Then my sons ordered a lava cake and key lime pie, then for his birthday received a piece of seven layer chocolate cake. Both the chocolate desserts were dark and rich, very good if that's the flavor you're looking for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyeddeeroc215Dined on 5/24/2014For my first experience at Don Shula's Steakhouse it was definitely well worth it. Food was great the service was outstanding and I will definitely be back soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedluvagoodsteakDined on 5/19/2014We dined at Shula's in Orlando last year and was really impressed but the Tampa restaurant was a disappointment. There were 2 waiters assigned to us and the 1st one took our order and after that pretty much ignored us. The second waiter was excellent and I left a note on the bill that he should get the entire tip we left. We just got the feeling we were not worthy of his attention. The food did not disappoint... it was fabulous.Special Features:
- ShulasTonyVIPDined on 5/19/2014Excellent, the service was great. Food was outstanding and the place is the bestSpecial Features:
- Absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Service and food quality was terrific! One of the best dining experiences ever. Can't wait to go again. Hats off to the management and wait staff for providing a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undefeated!BocaBillDined on 5/17/2014What a great evening at Shulas. We had some great steaks, great appetizers, the side dishes were very, very good and of course finished with the chocolate soufflé - the best. The staff went out of their way for an enjoyable evening. Hope to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ? in TampaexpectedmoreDined on 5/11/2014Service was slow and poor. Spouse received her soup while I had to ask twice to have it brought out. Bread was brought to table only after repeated request. Took a solid 10 minutes to have order taken after we had reviewed menu. The only staff member that seemed on top of her job was the lady filling water. I expected better.Special Features:
- Excellent!RichDined on 5/11/2014Could not be better. Everything was excellent. Sorry I am not a writer of long reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LDJno1Dined on 5/10/2014wonderful; as always we go at least once a month instead of the little steak places around townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- costhushkitDined on 5/10/2014great food.service, However, too priceyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014My wife and I had dinner for her birthday Saturday evening. This was my first time at this location. What a pleasant surprise! Everything was great! From the food to the service and they comped my wife's chocolate cake for her birthday. The manager Crystal was wonderful - she went out of her way to make certain we were well taken care of. Steak is better than Flemings hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We go to Shula's for special occasions and have never been disappointed. Our server, Gary is attentive and takes excellent care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedWillDined on 5/2/2014Overall, the restaurant was just "good". I expected much more. It was too loud. Difficult to have a conversation or even hear our servers. The experience did not live up to the reputation.
- The following 591 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Tampa reviews archive.
- An Off Night?AndyNPRVIPDined on 4/19/2014We have been to this Shula's a number of times before. Each previous time, the food and service was excellent. This time was another story. I hope it's an aberration and not a trend. The service at the start was fine as were the appetizers. The steaks and the service after that were not so much. There were four of us and two of the steaks were not done properly. One over cooked and the other under-cooked. Both went back and the under-cooked one came back still under-cooked. Drinks started not to be re-filled in a timely manner. The sides were also not up to par. The steak fries were soft an mushy and the asparagus was dry and over-grilled. On the other hand, the Manager did make sure our steaks were fixed and gave us dessert.Special Features:
- 24th AnniversaryBobbyLoveDined on 4/19/2014Mission complete...Shula's was my pre-final destination after an all day event with my wife. The service was out of this world "on the money". The waiter explained the meats well and was helpful in the ordering. I ordered the Kansas City and my wife the Cowboy Steak. The only comment I would make as far as the steaks is that my wife said her's could had been more flavorful and mine though it was cooked as ordered was kinda dry. Guys we still had the time of our lives that day. Thanks for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's my favorite placeluv2dineDined on 4/19/2014We love going to Shula's, their 12 ounce Filet is so tender best we've ever had. Our server named Gary was so nice we ask for him everytime we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father & Son Get TogetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Took us early and were very open to changes based on my sons schedule. Considerate dress code. Steaks were great and we shared sides. Silver Oak cabernet was excellent. Sat next to kitchen entrance that was a bit noisy at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed after looking forwardShaw1Dined on 4/12/2014We are thankful that this was not our first visit or we probably would not return; it will be a while even at best to come back. The food was very good but the very poor service over shadowed that the experience; form the beginning to the end.Special Features:
- 2nd time just as good as the firstNyc1Dined on 4/11/2014Shulas in Tampa is a must . The restaurant is elegant and sophisticated . Steaks are great and the ice cream in a Carmel nut bowl delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having struggled to find theDickDined on 3/31/2014Having struggled to find the place, as it is buried inside a hotel, the actual restaurant is very tastefully decorated, but very quiet. Food was fine, not great for the prices charged. More a business venue than familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food and service, butdanceeDined on 3/29/2014GREAT food and service, but needed to be reminded for drink refills. Being from Chicago, appreciate great steaks and steak joints, this is NO joint. Partial to Da Coach's restaurants in Chicago, dat being Ditka's. Da Bears.Special Features: