Shula's Steak House - Tampa
4860 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-tampa
- Phone: 8132864366
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am-10:30am
Saturday & Sunday 6:30am-11:30am
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Boyd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula’s has 3 private dining rooms that can accommodate your party. Salon A seats up to 18, Salon B seats up to 12 and the Sun Coast Room seats up to 80. Our in-house audio visual team is available should you require equipment or assistance. Our Sun Coast Courtyard is the perfect setting for your reception prior to your dinner – two splashing fountains, ringed with outdoor lights; you’ll forget you’re in the city! At Shula’s, there’s never a room rental fee and we don’t charge food minimums. We do offer complimentary valet parking for your guests.
- Special Events: Contact Rosa Martinez directly to coordinate any Special Events at
813-639-4125 or email@example.com.
A word from Shula's Steak House - Tampa
Shula's Steak House has consistently ranked among the top ten steak houses in America since 1991. With an atmosphere showcasing the 1972 Miami Dolphins' perfect season, we proudly serve The SHULA CUT, our premier center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef. Winner of Tripadvisor 2014 Certificate of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Shula's Steak House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Shula's Steak House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (44)romantic (25)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Our First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It was my husband and I anniversary; we decided to celebrate here. Our table was presented very elegantly and illustrated to everyone that it was our anniversary. As we walked to our table everyone starred with disbelief. Disbelief that we were either nicely dressed or African American, either way it was very uncomfortable. I usually over look ignorance, but there were two more couples celebrating their anniversaries and they were offered a complimentary dessert while we were not. I over heard the waiter offering this and as he quickly ran by our table I stopped him to ask. He still didn't offer it to us but said we could purchase a dessert and get $6.00 off. With a smile, I demanded the same respect as the Caucasian couples.Special Features:
- perfect place to honor someonefanforlifeDined on 10/18/2014We took a friend out for her birthday and knew Shula's was the place to go. She had never been so it was a pleasant surprise for her. Of course, we were not disappointed. Shula's is fabulous in every way. It's always our "go to" for celebrating anything.Special Features:
- A Great ExperienceVisitingDined on 10/17/2014We have visited a couple of Shula's locations over the years. This one did not dissapoint. The food was great. Service was good, slow in spots but was probably due to the large number of folks dining in the restaurant. However, our servers acknowledged us and the "slow periods" and worked really hard to close the gaps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!KatieDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I had our monthly date night at Shula's last night, and it was wonderful! We started with the scallops, which were melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The steaks were cooked perfectly. It was a nice bonus to be able to see the different cuts ahead of time. My husband had the cowboy ribeye, and I had the trio of fillets. Both entrees were great. We ordered the roasted corn, which is the best corn I have had in a restaurant. We had the truffle fries, which sounded good and were fine. Despite being completely satisfied with dinner, we ordered desserts too. Everything was delicious, the setting was elegant without being pretentious, and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Always a Great Meal/ExperiencespeargatDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I have been patrons of this restaurant for about 5 years now, and it's not particularly close to us, but we always go back for a special evening. It's not particularly hip, nor meant to be, but the service and quality of food are what we always go back for. My favorite is the Steak Mary Ann, and it's always, always perfectly prepared. Haven't tried every side on the menu, but the grilled asparagus, roasted corn, and truffle fries are our favorites. The chocolate lava cake is always a great finish to the meal.Special Features:
- Good foodPickyDined on 10/8/2014The steaks at Shula's are great! The waitstaff took very good care of my wife and I and we enjoyed learning tidbits about the food. The atmosphere was comfortable and for as good as a restaurant as it is, it wasn't overcrowded, which added to the pleasurable experience. We would definitely return and dine at Shula's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodRobertDined on 10/8/2014Gary served us and he did everything needed to make our meal enjoyable. Food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some problems, but correctedJsowkaDined on 10/3/2014I ordered a porterhouse and my buddy ordered a rib eye. When the steaks arrived, they looked nothing alike in terms of preparation. My steak actually looked pale. It also unfortunately had a distinctly abnormal taste which my buddy agreed with me on. I had to send it back. Everyone apologized and even the chef came out to apologize. It appears that she tasted it and agreed as well and couldn't explain what happened. She quickly prepared a rib ye for me that was very good. If it doesn't seem right- send it back. Everyone was very gracious about the situation and couldn't have ben nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it! but..LDJno1VIPDined on 10/2/2014have and always will love dining at shulas ....but I must tell that im so disappointed that they removed my favorite entrée off the menu . They served the best prime rib anywhere and I so looked forward to dining there for it but its gone ! my husband still eats his favorite Kansas city cut and we absolutely look forward to being greeted by the kindest staff, but it all would have a happy ending to the evening if we could all enjoy our favorites . I certainly would recommend shulas to anyone who loves a quiet evening in an elegant setting and the waiters are just wonderful for their service and hospitality and I would love to recommend the prime rib but instead youll have to find another favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices went way upAndyNPRVIPDined on 9/20/2014I understand that beef is more expensive. No doubt, but a 20% increase in their entrees makes this an even more "special" place to go. The food and service are always excellent. We'll be back, but not as often.Special Features:
- Shulas is the best for steaks!GatorcubanDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I always want that special place to go on our anniversary and Shulas atmosphere and excellent food always make our special occasion special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceKathyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Shulas is consistently a great choice. The chicken & lamb are sleepers on the menu - very tasty, but often overlooked because of their steaks. Unfortunately, the delicious prime rib is now off the menu, but fingers crossed that it'll be back. The service is always wonderful and the entire staff is personable. Also, the apple pie is the best dessert in town.Special Features:
- EnjoyableRichDined on 9/1/2014Great dining, wish you had a place in Tarpon Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!!MeeshDined on 8/23/2014We split a cowboy ribeye, green beans & crab man-n-cheese. Everything was delicious...including the fresh sourdough bread!!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner locationLuvSouthernFoodDined on 8/16/2014The place was fabulous. The restaurant provided a five-star feel to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birtday DinnerJon2014Dined on 8/14/2014I contacted Shula's for reservations for my wife's birthday, and after receiving the conformation I requested if they could do something special. Crystal Falanga Shula’s Head Coach responded and assured me they would do something. It was great it seemed as if the entire staff new our names, the table had rose pedals all over it, they started with champagne and the meal was to die for. At the end of our dinner they served a beautiful chocolate cake on a personalized plate it was great. Thank You to Shula's and Crystal for making my wife's birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaks but ...MaryDined on 8/7/2014Food and service were superb! The resturant has no ambience..brighter lights, decor benign (all star plques and OLD football with menu-old gold sign on guests table saying happy anniversary-- outdated); boring, closeness of tables too close, should be placed differently, we were in each other's conversation side by side. I would go back, but not monthly or routinely even though food was good
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerdeliciousDined on 8/7/2014Shula's staff made us feel welcome and catered to our every need. My wife and I were celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversary and they made us feel like King and Queen. We love to go here for the awesome 24oz Porterhouse steaks and the amazing side dishes. Of course finishing things off with a wonderful chocolate lava cake dessert made the experience even sweeter :) We highly recommend Shula's Steak House as a go to place for amazing food and fine dining.Special Features:
- Sunday night - almost too quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Our server (Gary?) was pleasant and funny. Was there with a friend and we both ordered filet mignon - cooked great. Lava cake and mushroom sides were very good. It was just so empty - perhaps two other couples in the whole restaurant - it made it rather lacking in ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks Period!NinaBDined on 8/2/2014We have been to this Shula's and the one in Tallahassee, and the steaks are perfect. No place better place for a perfectly prepared steak dinner. This is an expensive meal, but worth it if you are a steak lover!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerfamilydinerDined on 8/1/2014Overall the experience was good. The steak was not the best I've had in the Tampa area but it was good. The scallops and the lamb were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!WatchdivaDined on 7/29/2014Lamb chops were unbelievably good. My husband and son ordered 16 oz prime rib which was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our servers were attentive but did not "hover". A great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greataralwoodDined on 7/25/2014Food and service were outstanding. They made my mother in laws birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014It was a special occasion so it's easy to overlook. Having said that, the pricing is truly prohibitive as evidenced by the sparse crowd at 7 pm. Frankly, although not inexpensive by any stretch, I much prefer Bern's Steakhouse.Special Features:
- We love Shula'srredmjDined on 7/16/2014We are always treated special. We go there with our friends and always have reservation. We are seated promptly. Paul is the best waiter anywhere. The management always comes by to make sure everything meets our satisfaction. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- They're BackAndyNPRVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were there a few months ago and had a bad night. Our dinner this time was back to their high standards. The service as always (thanks Paul) was superb. The food came out properly cooked. All was good! We'll be back.Special Features:
- We love dining at Shula's - perfectrredmjDined on 7/4/2014We call our group the dirty half dozen. We celebrate our birthdays, anniversaries and any other reason to be a little extravagant and dine at Shula's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 609 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Tampa reviews archive.
- Customer serviceLuvcakeDined on 6/21/2014We went to shulas celebrating our birthdays. We we got there we were told we would receive a birthday plaque for our table and cake. We never did. When we left we were asked how was your dinner? I replied great but you never came back with our plaque. Her response was we ran out. That's was it. Never came to the table or anything. For the money I expected a little more. But food and service other wise was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unbeatable SteakFrequntDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I are regulars at Shula's and have been disappointed. The steaks and service are great and management is friendly and keeps on top of things. The only place we've had a better steak is a fancy hotel restaurant in Japan. While Shula's is pricey, for special occasions it's well worth it. In fact, we drive a full hour to eat there.Special Features:
- Birthday FunLeighbVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was a repeat birthday visit. Two years of great meals and service, so back we went for a 3rd. It was perfect! Food, quiet ambiance, cheerful staff who will chat if talked to, or stay quietly offsides. We start in the bar, where they always chime in for birthday chat. The kitchen prepared, cooked, and plated tastefully and beyond expectation. Management was present, and checking in with all diners. Retiring to the bar was fun, as the staff again insisted on celebrating the birthday. In rainy June in Tampa, I love that we arrive to a pretty hotel, disembark under the canopy, then walk to the lobby location of Shula's. There's no sloshing across a wet parking lot with an umbrella that needs to be stored, arriving wet to the hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day treatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014My husband wanted steak and we have dined at Shula's before and always found it to be exceptional. Service was friendly and attentive and responsive when we asked to be moved due to another diner who sat behind us and her perfume was overwhelming. The Tampa site is brighter and less "masculine" than the Orlando one. As always, the steak is perfectly done and tender and we had the crab mac and cheese - wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was underwhelming.SunnidaddadDined on 6/9/2014Yes, the food was very good, but the service was slow and somewhat unattentive -- we were quite surprised. Our server didn't even tell us about the complimentary dessert (our anniversary) until AFTER we had ordered and eaten a dessert. We've never had any restaurant fail to inform us, much less one as classy as this one is supposd to be. Very poor show!! We won't be returning anytime soon.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Took my son for his birthday. I told him to find a place and this was what he decided on. The restaurant itself was very nice, the steak was amazing. The four of us had two Kansas City Strips, one NY Strip, and a Filet, all of which were great. both the KC strips were ordered med rare, but my son's definitely came out more rare than mine did, which is the preference for both of us. But was a great cut regardless. We also had grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes, both awesome. Then my sons ordered a lava cake and key lime pie, then for his birthday received a piece of seven layer chocolate cake. Both the chocolate desserts were dark and rich, very good if that's the flavor you're looking for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyeddeeroc215Dined on 5/24/2014For my first experience at Don Shula's Steakhouse it was definitely well worth it. Food was great the service was outstanding and I will definitely be back soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedluvagoodsteakDined on 5/19/2014We dined at Shula's in Orlando last year and was really impressed but the Tampa restaurant was a disappointment. There were 2 waiters assigned to us and the 1st one took our order and after that pretty much ignored us. The second waiter was excellent and I left a note on the bill that he should get the entire tip we left. We just got the feeling we were not worthy of his attention. The food did not disappoint... it was fabulous.Special Features:
- ShulasTonyVIPDined on 5/19/2014Excellent, the service was great. Food was outstanding and the place is the bestSpecial Features:
- Absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Service and food quality was terrific! One of the best dining experiences ever. Can't wait to go again. Hats off to the management and wait staff for providing a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undefeated!BocaBillDined on 5/17/2014What a great evening at Shulas. We had some great steaks, great appetizers, the side dishes were very, very good and of course finished with the chocolate soufflé - the best. The staff went out of their way for an enjoyable evening. Hope to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ? in TampaexpectedmoreDined on 5/11/2014Service was slow and poor. Spouse received her soup while I had to ask twice to have it brought out. Bread was brought to table only after repeated request. Took a solid 10 minutes to have order taken after we had reviewed menu. The only staff member that seemed on top of her job was the lady filling water. I expected better.Special Features:
- Excellent!RichDined on 5/11/2014Could not be better. Everything was excellent. Sorry I am not a writer of long reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.