Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
7601 Miami Lakes Drive
Miami Lakes, FL 33014Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-lakes
- Phone: 3058208102
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jonah Trongale
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's - Miami Lakes offers a great space for weddings, social events, business dinners & other functions for up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's - Miami Lakes can accommodate up to 60 guests. The facilities are ideal for business presentations, social gatherings & other events.
- Private Party Contact: Amina Sidky firstname.lastname@example.org 3058208102
A word from Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
The original Shula's Steak House, located in Miami Lakes, is a virtual museum of the 1972 "Perfect Season", an elegant atmosphere decorated with game balls & pictures of that '72 season. Shula's serves the biggest & best. All steaks are Shula cut, Premium Black Angus, including the signature 48 ounce steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes - Best Restaurants in Miami Lakes ›
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (23)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- food and service is excellentmrsromanticDined on 9/13/2014You can never go wrong with this place. The food and service is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.GerryDined on 9/13/2014There was a large group at the bar that was louder than normal. So the experience suffered due to the fact it was too loud. Great table, great food and good service. The only reason it was not perfect it was due to the Loud Group at the bar.Special Features:
- Food quality has diminishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We remember this restaurant to had been a jewel in Miami Lakes about five years ago. The last two times the food has been average to below. Our stakes tasted like cardboard they were over cooked even though the waiter when he got the order explained the terms like medium was pink in the middle but juicy. Mine was grey and tough. The bake potato was hard and the cheesecake you could tell came out of a box and was like frozen. The only thing good was the service.Special Features:
- Needs serious renovationDbombxDined on 9/6/2014Needs a serious renovation, Steak was done to perfection but bland. Lobster bisque was ok , drinks overpriced. There is a lot of restaurants in Miami with better vibe( Saturday 9:00 pm half capacity) we definitely won't be coming back to Shulas. This place is way overpriced and the server very impersonal , no explanation of the menu, rushing the meals . Total disaster .No coming back ever!!
- Greatg1968Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and service. Meat cook to perfection, second to none. Best chocolate lava cake everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent, service very good, cocktail prices were out of bounds.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningSuniDined on 9/3/2014My husband and i chose to dine at Shula's for our anniversary dinner. We are meat lovers and had been there before and really enjoyed it. The experience is always great. From the elegant atmosphere, the attentive servers to the delicious food. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it was during Miami SpiceInfinisDined on 9/3/2014The food is good but not worth the exorbitant prices they charge. The steak was overcooked and when I was asked about the cook, my guest and I both separately got the distinct impression that they would spit on the food if we were to return the steaks. Only got one loaf of bread, and at their prices, bread it should be complementary AND unlimited. The place smelled old (musty) and was off-putting. I was told that there was a dress-code, business casual, yet when I got there, it was not enforced. The lobster bisque was amazing. The service was great other than what I cited above. My guest and I agreed that we would have been upset about the whole experience, if not for discount price we received for using the Miami Spice menu.
- Great dinner out!FoodWhispererDined on 8/30/2014We love going here for a special occasion or just a delicious dinner out! Food is always spot on as we order it and staff is very friendly. They have a great manager in Zandra!Special Features:
- An excellent rendezvousLarryIntheWestDined on 8/23/2014Our party of six was promptly seated at a round table and proceeded to enjoy a leisurely meal and conversation. We began at 6:30 and departed at about 9. My wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing was much better than expected, probably because it was made with baby iceberg lettuce. The cowboy ribeye was perfectly cooked as ordered -- medium rare -- and ranks #2 in my all-time list of restaurant steaks. The cheesecake was delicious. Service was efficient. 2 complaints. 1. We prefer unsalted butter. 2. I ordered bourbon straight up because I can add my own ice and water, and want to see what I get for my money. What I got was about 1/2 inch of whiskey for about $12. That is a cheap pour and I will never order whiskey there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Unfortunately with only 4 entrees available on the Miami Spice menu, the lobster was unavailable and my guest ultimately chose a steak over the chicken option. Not having the seafood option was disappointing.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceTonyMDined on 8/13/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's graduation and going to college. The wait staff was excellent and Delvis made sure our experience was one we will never forget. He personally went out of his way (definitely 'above and beyond') to ensure this important milestone for my family was outstanding. For that, we will always be grateful. And of course, the food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:
- 10 year lateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Worst steak I have had at a resturant. Completely burned outside and bland inside.
- Our family dinnerfamilygettogetherDined on 8/2/2014I requested if possible a round table so everyone at the table could have a conversation looking at each other's face and the restaurant complied. It was great. We were seated immediately when we arrived. The service was great and attentive to our needs. There was a bit of noise as they had two big parties seating next to us but it was okay. We could carry a conversation without too much trouble. We really had a great time and enjoyed our evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very Happy!! Located in Dade CountysteakisgreatDined on 7/26/2014Always a great place to go to have steak!!! Great meeting place, convenient for our friends in Dade County. We are in Broward so it is an easy restaurant to get to for our friends and us.Special Features:
- Best. Steak. Ever.GrahamDined on 7/26/2014We've had steak at other fine steak restaurants, and this was, hands down, the best steak I've ever had. The quality of the meat was fantastic. The service was attentive and prompt. The atmosphere was classic old Florida, overlooking the golf course. It's pricey, but, well worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- VeraDined on 7/18/2014We love to go there for dinner. The steaks are amazing. Nice, tender juicy steaks. My favorite is the filet, and my husband loves the kansas city strip. Always cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was excellent as usual. How come you took the hash brown potatoes off the menu?Special Features:
- bartbellDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. Very satisfied. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Shulas for special occasions for 20 years now and it continues to be our all time favorite. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Just don't forget your wallet because you are going to need it. It is always worth the money spent as we keep going back several times a year. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyCJuneVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food is good but very overpriced for a place that's been there for a long time.Special Features:
- Great food!BigRedDined on 6/11/2014The Cowboy Rib Eye is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Cook perfectly, it was great all the way through. I was there with a client. We had not been together for a few years and had a lot to catch up on. We were there a little shy of three hours but had excellent attention the entire time. We were seated in the bar area. It was a little loud but not a problem for us. If you are looking for a romantic meal, I would get on the main floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great steaksPipoteDined on 6/10/2014The service was outstanding (it was a Tuesday night so it was half empty which might explain it). The steaks were OK. They don't seem to be prime but choice which does not justify the around $50 / piece price tag. They say they are aged but I did not taste that. I have had MUCH BETTER at Capital Grill or Brimstone which are comparable in price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014We had dinner at Shula's for my birthday on Saturday. There were only a few diners at the time as we ate early so it was very quiet. Service was timely and prompt. The food was excellent as usual and the manager sent us complimentary dessert for the birthday celebration as well. A+ recommended!Special Features:
- Great bartenderlblbVIPDined on 6/4/2014I got to the restaurant early and went to the bar to wait for my other party. While there, I engaged in conversation with the bartender who was very knowledgeable about the wine selection. His recommendation was stellar and really enhanced the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysKarenDined on 5/28/2014We usually dine at Shula's for my husband's birthday. He really enjoys the surf and turf. Everything was special as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 432 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews archive.
- service matches the food qualityJimLeeDined on 5/17/2014We go about 4 times a year for birthdays and anniversaries. Food I'd great and service is fantastic. Ask for Edwards section and you will be thoroughly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent Service & menu good price on the of bottle of wine but do not ask for hard liquor like Scotts whisk very pricy every thing out I recommend this restaurant for family reunion or a romantic night outSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day 2014Mike1026Dined on 5/11/2014Our family decided on Shula's for Mother's Day. We were very pleased with all aspects of our dining experience. As a 48oz Club member, I was very pleased to return to the scene of my triumphant victory with the matriarch of our family and celebrate her day.Special Features:
- DDKiddDined on 5/10/2014We have been eating here for years. The entire staff (Valet, hostess, waiter, server) all very professional with nice friendly personalitiesSpecial Features:
- Great steaks & not just for golfersDDKiddDined on 5/3/2014We have been eating at Shula's in Miami Lakes for years. The food and service has always been excellant. It's a little out of the way for us because we live in Coral Gables so we usually met people there who live north of us. The entire staff are always friendly and accomodate speacial requests. We dine out often and I don't hand out these compliments often.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!GreciaDined on 4/29/2014Food and service awesome!!! No detail was left unattended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night!FunDiner13Dined on 3/19/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner! Steaks were perfect, as usual. Wedge salad was awesome and can easily be shared. All the veggies were fresh (I'm a big asparagus person and it was excellent. We had the steamed asparagus, but they also have grilled with balsamic. Overall, a fun night! Hadn't been at Shula's for a while and it was as good as I remembered it to be!Special Features:
- WonderfulHockeyma74Dined on 3/15/2014We went to Shula's to celebrate our aniversary, we were greeted by a friendly hostess and escroted to our table where we were wished a happy anniversary and a small plaqe was put on our table that read happy anniversary. The food was amazing we had BBQ shrimp as an appitizer and cesar salad both were beyond amazing. My surf and turf was scrumpcious as always and my husband ordered steak mary ann that was also incredable. This is a truly delicious resturant and well worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old time favoriteDDKiddDined on 3/8/2014Resturants come & go but Shula's still remains one of our favorites. We live in the Gables which as you know has many fine resturants but don't mind driving to Miami Lakes for a good steak and always good service from a friendly staff (valet, hostess, waiters & bus people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak house in Miami...Prieta13Dined on 3/7/2014I've eaten at a lot of steak houses, (Prime one Twelve, Houstons, Ruth Chris, Etc...) Hands down SHULA'S !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 3/1/2014for the original steakhouse it stands the test of time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with an attitude.Likes2dineDined on 2/22/2014Food was good and well prepared. Very pricey, but that was expected. The three of us felt our waiters had a condescending attitude. Like over the top politeness, but not friendly. Probably, won't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseJimDolfanDined on 2/22/2014It was great to see the Dolphin nostalgia. I’ve been several times over the last 20 years. We don’t go more often because it’s an hour drive each way and it makes for a long night. It’s certainly a place to take a meat and potatoes lover. Try it, you’ll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Business meeting,SelbyDined on 2/18/2014Great for a Business meeting, we had a great round table for six. And the service food and wine was great. Will do it again when I am in south florida.I would recommend this to a friend.