Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
7601 Miami Lakes Drive
Miami Lakes, FL 33014Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-lakes
- Phone: (305) 820-8102
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jonah Trongale
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's - Miami Lakes offers a great space for weddings, social events, business dinners & other functions for up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's - Miami Lakes can accommodate up to 60 guests. The facilities are ideal for business presentations, social gatherings & other events.
- Private Party Contact: Amina Sidky email@example.com 3058208102
A word from Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
The original Shula's Steak House, located in Miami Lakes, is a virtual museum of the 1972 "Perfect Season", an elegant atmosphere decorated with game balls & pictures of that '72 season. Shula's serves the biggest & best. All steaks are Shula cut, Premium Black Angus, including the signature 48 ounce steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes - Best Restaurants in Miami Lakes ›
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (26)good for groups (24)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Poor ServiceFHH33VIPDined on 11/11/2014Not the service or food I expected based on the reviews I had read. 4 person table took over 3 hours for meal, including sending 2 people's steaks back after requesting medium and they came out cold in the middle. Server spilled wine on the table every time he refilled our glasses. Had to ask 3 times to get the check at the end. Was not busy, only 4 tables seated while we were there.
- Good, but not greatBroncoVIPDined on 11/4/2014I had not been to Shula's in Miami Lakes for awhile, it's a bit far for me. The steaks were good, but, in my opinion, other upscale steakhouses like Ruth's Chris are slightly better and a bit less expensive. It was not quite as good as I remember it from times past. No menu on footballs, no carpeting on the floor, no high roller atmosphere, not as upscale as it once was. Honestly cannot recommend it at this time.
- Perfect, Perfect, PerfectJonnyQuestDined on 11/1/2014I have never expected much from restaurants fronted by Sports Celebrities, but Shula's Steakhouse changed that. Everything was outstanding! Our wait staff team led by Rene was professional, pleasant, informative, prompt, courteous and friendly. The décor was perfect as a tribute to the perfect (17-0) 72 Dolphins team. Don't think aqua and orange, think tasteful, artistic photographs of players in action. The most important outstanding performance of the evening was the food. I enjoyed the perfectly seasoned and cooked Kansas City Strip, while my brother and nephew had the bone-in filet mignon. The sides were tasteful and nicely portioned. I recommend the crab and cheese macaroni. The apple crumble was a perfect ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed with serviceAlvin7296Dined on 11/1/2014I recently took my wife for her Birthday to Shula's and over all the food and ambience was excellent. The service was not so good. The main waiter Miguel was very delightful and knew the menu like the palm of his hand, but was overwhelmed I believed. His two assistant waiters were not so good. The guy that took our order, appeared insulted when I asked if the 24 ounce Porterhouse steak was enough for me and my wife to share, he look down at me if I was the cheapest guy in the world and said nothing and kept looking at us without suggesting something one way or the other. Both my wife and I felt like leaving. No one even checked to see if our meals were okay until we requested the check to pay. It was just sad. Maybe it was a bad day.Special Features:
- Overall Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014We visited the restaurant on a fairly busy Friday evening. Being new to Miami it was very, very difficult to find the restaurant and no one working at the time could clearly give directions....very disappointing. Once we arrived after trying to find the restaurant for 30 minutes the service was good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- golffanaticDined on 10/4/2014Food and service were outstanding, great ambiance great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old establishment stilll excellentmiaminlbDined on 10/4/2014Shula's steakhouse is an iconic restaurant that has been around for decades. I was happy for the free valet parking under a portico, so we would not get wet if it was raining (frequent in Miami) as we entered or exited the restaurant. In general, the service and food were excellent. The 4 of us got steaks, all of which were wonderful. I did not give 5 stars because of several small things that detracted from the overall experience. When we entered, the hostess was having a minor argument with another customer. We had to wait 5 minutes for this argument to be settled before we got seated. It was awkward. The decor is a bit dated, but still quite nice. The mac and cheese side was dry and tasted strange. Otherwise - great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great service. Food excellent. Nice sports memorabilia.Special Features:
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014I loved the restaurant ambiance and the set up. Very quiet and peaceful with great tables and decor...the food was amazing really good and great service. Everything arrived within reasonable time. The noise level was quiet so I was able to have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service is excellentmrsromanticDined on 9/13/2014You can never go wrong with this place. The food and service is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.GerryDined on 9/13/2014There was a large group at the bar that was louder than normal. So the experience suffered due to the fact it was too loud. Great table, great food and good service. The only reason it was not perfect it was due to the Loud Group at the bar.Special Features:
- Food quality has diminishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We remember this restaurant to had been a jewel in Miami Lakes about five years ago. The last two times the food has been average to below. Our stakes tasted like cardboard they were over cooked even though the waiter when he got the order explained the terms like medium was pink in the middle but juicy. Mine was grey and tough. The bake potato was hard and the cheesecake you could tell came out of a box and was like frozen. The only thing good was the service.Special Features:
- Needs serious renovationDbombxDined on 9/6/2014Needs a serious renovation, Steak was done to perfection but bland. Lobster bisque was ok , drinks overpriced. There is a lot of restaurants in Miami with better vibe( Saturday 9:00 pm half capacity) we definitely won't be coming back to Shulas. This place is way overpriced and the server very impersonal , no explanation of the menu, rushing the meals . Total disaster .No coming back ever!!
- Greatg1968Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and service. Meat cook to perfection, second to none. Best chocolate lava cake everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent, service very good, cocktail prices were out of bounds.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningSuniDined on 9/3/2014My husband and i chose to dine at Shula's for our anniversary dinner. We are meat lovers and had been there before and really enjoyed it. The experience is always great. From the elegant atmosphere, the attentive servers to the delicious food. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it was during Miami SpiceInfinisDined on 9/3/2014The food is good but not worth the exorbitant prices they charge. The steak was overcooked and when I was asked about the cook, my guest and I both separately got the distinct impression that they would spit on the food if we were to return the steaks. Only got one loaf of bread, and at their prices, bread it should be complementary AND unlimited. The place smelled old (musty) and was off-putting. I was told that there was a dress-code, business casual, yet when I got there, it was not enforced. The lobster bisque was amazing. The service was great other than what I cited above. My guest and I agreed that we would have been upset about the whole experience, if not for discount price we received for using the Miami Spice menu.
- Great dinner out!FoodWhispererDined on 8/30/2014We love going here for a special occasion or just a delicious dinner out! Food is always spot on as we order it and staff is very friendly. They have a great manager in Zandra!Special Features:
- An excellent rendezvousLarryIntheWestDined on 8/23/2014Our party of six was promptly seated at a round table and proceeded to enjoy a leisurely meal and conversation. We began at 6:30 and departed at about 9. My wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing was much better than expected, probably because it was made with baby iceberg lettuce. The cowboy ribeye was perfectly cooked as ordered -- medium rare -- and ranks #2 in my all-time list of restaurant steaks. The cheesecake was delicious. Service was efficient. 2 complaints. 1. We prefer unsalted butter. 2. I ordered bourbon straight up because I can add my own ice and water, and want to see what I get for my money. What I got was about 1/2 inch of whiskey for about $12. That is a cheap pour and I will never order whiskey there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Unfortunately with only 4 entrees available on the Miami Spice menu, the lobster was unavailable and my guest ultimately chose a steak over the chicken option. Not having the seafood option was disappointing.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceTonyMDined on 8/13/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's graduation and going to college. The wait staff was excellent and Delvis made sure our experience was one we will never forget. He personally went out of his way (definitely 'above and beyond') to ensure this important milestone for my family was outstanding. For that, we will always be grateful. And of course, the food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:
- 10 year lateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Worst steak I have had at a resturant. Completely burned outside and bland inside.
- Our family dinnerfamilygettogetherDined on 8/2/2014I requested if possible a round table so everyone at the table could have a conversation looking at each other's face and the restaurant complied. It was great. We were seated immediately when we arrived. The service was great and attentive to our needs. There was a bit of noise as they had two big parties seating next to us but it was okay. We could carry a conversation without too much trouble. We really had a great time and enjoyed our evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very Happy!! Located in Dade CountysteakisgreatDined on 7/26/2014Always a great place to go to have steak!!! Great meeting place, convenient for our friends in Dade County. We are in Broward so it is an easy restaurant to get to for our friends and us.Special Features:
- Best. Steak. Ever.GrahamDined on 7/26/2014We've had steak at other fine steak restaurants, and this was, hands down, the best steak I've ever had. The quality of the meat was fantastic. The service was attentive and prompt. The atmosphere was classic old Florida, overlooking the golf course. It's pricey, but, well worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- The following 444 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews archive.
- VeraDined on 7/18/2014We love to go there for dinner. The steaks are amazing. Nice, tender juicy steaks. My favorite is the filet, and my husband loves the kansas city strip. Always cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was excellent as usual. How come you took the hash brown potatoes off the menu?Special Features:
- bartbellDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. Very satisfied. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Shulas for special occasions for 20 years now and it continues to be our all time favorite. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Just don't forget your wallet because you are going to need it. It is always worth the money spent as we keep going back several times a year. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyCJuneVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food is good but very overpriced for a place that's been there for a long time.Special Features:
- Great food!BigRedDined on 6/11/2014The Cowboy Rib Eye is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Cook perfectly, it was great all the way through. I was there with a client. We had not been together for a few years and had a lot to catch up on. We were there a little shy of three hours but had excellent attention the entire time. We were seated in the bar area. It was a little loud but not a problem for us. If you are looking for a romantic meal, I would get on the main floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great steaksPipoteDined on 6/10/2014The service was outstanding (it was a Tuesday night so it was half empty which might explain it). The steaks were OK. They don't seem to be prime but choice which does not justify the around $50 / piece price tag. They say they are aged but I did not taste that. I have had MUCH BETTER at Capital Grill or Brimstone which are comparable in price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014We had dinner at Shula's for my birthday on Saturday. There were only a few diners at the time as we ate early so it was very quiet. Service was timely and prompt. The food was excellent as usual and the manager sent us complimentary dessert for the birthday celebration as well. A+ recommended!Special Features:
- Great bartenderlblbVIPDined on 6/4/2014I got to the restaurant early and went to the bar to wait for my other party. While there, I engaged in conversation with the bartender who was very knowledgeable about the wine selection. His recommendation was stellar and really enhanced the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysKarenDined on 5/28/2014We usually dine at Shula's for my husband's birthday. He really enjoys the surf and turf. Everything was special as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service matches the food qualityJimLeeDined on 5/17/2014We go about 4 times a year for birthdays and anniversaries. Food I'd great and service is fantastic. Ask for Edwards section and you will be thoroughly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent Service & menu good price on the of bottle of wine but do not ask for hard liquor like Scotts whisk very pricy every thing out I recommend this restaurant for family reunion or a romantic night outSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day 2014Mike1026Dined on 5/11/2014Our family decided on Shula's for Mother's Day. We were very pleased with all aspects of our dining experience. As a 48oz Club member, I was very pleased to return to the scene of my triumphant victory with the matriarch of our family and celebrate her day.Special Features:
- DDKiddDined on 5/10/2014We have been eating here for years. The entire staff (Valet, hostess, waiter, server) all very professional with nice friendly personalitiesSpecial Features:
- Great steaks & not just for golfersDDKiddDined on 5/3/2014We have been eating at Shula's in Miami Lakes for years. The food and service has always been excellant. It's a little out of the way for us because we live in Coral Gables so we usually met people there who live north of us. The entire staff are always friendly and accomodate speacial requests. We dine out often and I don't hand out these compliments often.Special Features: