Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
7601 Miami Lakes Drive
Miami Lakes, FL 33014Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-lakes
- Phone: 3058208102
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jonah Trongale
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's - Miami Lakes offers a great space for weddings, social events, business dinners & other functions for up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's - Miami Lakes can accommodate up to 60 guests. The facilities are ideal for business presentations, social gatherings & other events.
- Private Party Contact: Amina Sidky firstname.lastname@example.org 3058208102
A word from Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
The original Shula's Steak House, located in Miami Lakes, is a virtual museum of the 1972 "Perfect Season", an elegant atmosphere decorated with game balls & pictures of that '72 season. Shula's serves the biggest & best. All steaks are Shula cut, Premium Black Angus, including the signature 48 ounce steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes - Best Restaurants in Miami Lakes ›
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (21)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (10)scenic view (10)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- An excellent rendezvousLarryIntheWestDined on 8/23/2014Our party of six was promptly seated at a round table and proceeded to enjoy a leisurely meal and conversation. We began at 6:30 and departed at about 9. My wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing was much better than expected, probably because it was made with baby iceberg lettuce. The cowboy ribeye was perfectly cooked as ordered -- medium rare -- and ranks #2 in my all-time list of restaurant steaks. The cheesecake was delicious. Service was efficient. 2 complaints. 1. We prefer unsalted butter. 2. I ordered bourbon straight up because I can add my own ice and water, and want to see what I get for my money. What I got was about 1/2 inch of whiskey for about $12. That is a cheap pour and I will never order whiskey there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Unfortunately with only 4 entrees available on the Miami Spice menu, the lobster was unavailable and my guest ultimately chose a steak over the chicken option. Not having the seafood option was disappointing.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceTonyMDined on 8/13/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's graduation and going to college. The wait staff was excellent and Delvis made sure our experience was one we will never forget. He personally went out of his way (definitely 'above and beyond') to ensure this important milestone for my family was outstanding. For that, we will always be grateful. And of course, the food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:
- 10 year lateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Worst steak I have had at a resturant. Completely burned outside and bland inside.
- Our family dinnerfamilygettogetherDined on 8/2/2014I requested if possible a round table so everyone at the table could have a conversation looking at each other's face and the restaurant complied. It was great. We were seated immediately when we arrived. The service was great and attentive to our needs. There was a bit of noise as they had two big parties seating next to us but it was okay. We could carry a conversation without too much trouble. We really had a great time and enjoyed our evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very Happy!! Located in Dade CountysteakisgreatDined on 7/26/2014Always a great place to go to have steak!!! Great meeting place, convenient for our friends in Dade County. We are in Broward so it is an easy restaurant to get to for our friends and us.Special Features:
- Best. Steak. Ever.GrahamDined on 7/26/2014We've had steak at other fine steak restaurants, and this was, hands down, the best steak I've ever had. The quality of the meat was fantastic. The service was attentive and prompt. The atmosphere was classic old Florida, overlooking the golf course. It's pricey, but, well worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- VeraDined on 7/18/2014We love to go there for dinner. The steaks are amazing. Nice, tender juicy steaks. My favorite is the filet, and my husband loves the kansas city strip. Always cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Everything was excellent as usual. How come you took the hash brown potatoes off the menu?Special Features:
- bartbellDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. Very satisfied. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Shulas for special occasions for 20 years now and it continues to be our all time favorite. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Just don't forget your wallet because you are going to need it. It is always worth the money spent as we keep going back several times a year. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyCJuneVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food is good but very overpriced for a place that's been there for a long time.Special Features:
- Great food!BigRedDined on 6/11/2014The Cowboy Rib Eye is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Cook perfectly, it was great all the way through. I was there with a client. We had not been together for a few years and had a lot to catch up on. We were there a little shy of three hours but had excellent attention the entire time. We were seated in the bar area. It was a little loud but not a problem for us. If you are looking for a romantic meal, I would get on the main floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great steaksPipoteDined on 6/10/2014The service was outstanding (it was a Tuesday night so it was half empty which might explain it). The steaks were OK. They don't seem to be prime but choice which does not justify the around $50 / piece price tag. They say they are aged but I did not taste that. I have had MUCH BETTER at Capital Grill or Brimstone which are comparable in price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014We had dinner at Shula's for my birthday on Saturday. There were only a few diners at the time as we ate early so it was very quiet. Service was timely and prompt. The food was excellent as usual and the manager sent us complimentary dessert for the birthday celebration as well. A+ recommended!Special Features:
- Great bartenderlblbVIPDined on 6/4/2014I got to the restaurant early and went to the bar to wait for my other party. While there, I engaged in conversation with the bartender who was very knowledgeable about the wine selection. His recommendation was stellar and really enhanced the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysKarenDined on 5/28/2014We usually dine at Shula's for my husband's birthday. He really enjoys the surf and turf. Everything was special as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service matches the food qualityJimLeeDined on 5/17/2014We go about 4 times a year for birthdays and anniversaries. Food I'd great and service is fantastic. Ask for Edwards section and you will be thoroughly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent Service & menu good price on the of bottle of wine but do not ask for hard liquor like Scotts whisk very pricy every thing out I recommend this restaurant for family reunion or a romantic night outSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day 2014Mike1026Dined on 5/11/2014Our family decided on Shula's for Mother's Day. We were very pleased with all aspects of our dining experience. As a 48oz Club member, I was very pleased to return to the scene of my triumphant victory with the matriarch of our family and celebrate her day.Special Features:
- DDKiddDined on 5/10/2014We have been eating here for years. The entire staff (Valet, hostess, waiter, server) all very professional with nice friendly personalitiesSpecial Features:
- Great steaks & not just for golfersDDKiddDined on 5/3/2014We have been eating at Shula's in Miami Lakes for years. The food and service has always been excellant. It's a little out of the way for us because we live in Coral Gables so we usually met people there who live north of us. The entire staff are always friendly and accomodate speacial requests. We dine out often and I don't hand out these compliments often.Special Features:
- The following 427 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews archive.
- Excellent!!!GreciaDined on 4/29/2014Food and service awesome!!! No detail was left unattended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night!FunDiner13Dined on 3/19/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner! Steaks were perfect, as usual. Wedge salad was awesome and can easily be shared. All the veggies were fresh (I'm a big asparagus person and it was excellent. We had the steamed asparagus, but they also have grilled with balsamic. Overall, a fun night! Hadn't been at Shula's for a while and it was as good as I remembered it to be!Special Features:
- WonderfulHockeyma74Dined on 3/15/2014We went to Shula's to celebrate our aniversary, we were greeted by a friendly hostess and escroted to our table where we were wished a happy anniversary and a small plaqe was put on our table that read happy anniversary. The food was amazing we had BBQ shrimp as an appitizer and cesar salad both were beyond amazing. My surf and turf was scrumpcious as always and my husband ordered steak mary ann that was also incredable. This is a truly delicious resturant and well worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old time favoriteDDKiddDined on 3/8/2014Resturants come & go but Shula's still remains one of our favorites. We live in the Gables which as you know has many fine resturants but don't mind driving to Miami Lakes for a good steak and always good service from a friendly staff (valet, hostess, waiters & bus people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak house in Miami...Prieta13Dined on 3/7/2014I've eaten at a lot of steak houses, (Prime one Twelve, Houstons, Ruth Chris, Etc...) Hands down SHULA'S !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 3/1/2014for the original steakhouse it stands the test of time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with an attitude.Likes2dineDined on 2/22/2014Food was good and well prepared. Very pricey, but that was expected. The three of us felt our waiters had a condescending attitude. Like over the top politeness, but not friendly. Probably, won't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseJimDolfanDined on 2/22/2014It was great to see the Dolphin nostalgia. I’ve been several times over the last 20 years. We don’t go more often because it’s an hour drive each way and it makes for a long night. It’s certainly a place to take a meat and potatoes lover. Try it, you’ll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Business meeting,SelbyDined on 2/18/2014Great for a Business meeting, we had a great round table for six. And the service food and wine was great. Will do it again when I am in south florida.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Mignon in Miami.jiniguanoDined on 2/15/2014Best Filet Mignon in Miami. Pricey but well worth it. Service always excels. My two favorite Shula's Restaurants: Miami Lakes and The Alexander Hotel in Miami Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceVidaJDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited the restaurant for Valentine's Day and had a very pleasant experience overall. The food was cooked well and was flavorful. The bread they offer at the beginning of your meal is outstanding and the cesar salad is equally as tasty. My wife ordered chicken and I order steak for our entrees. We both enjoyed our meals. Sides have to be ordered separately, but they are large and can be shared. The ambiance was somewhat romantic. The staff was friendly and the service was excellent. We spent more than we normally would on dining out, but it was well worth it for a special occasion. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicekeithDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's night- service, food and a bonus live entertainment all outstanding for a great night and special occasion!Special Features:
- Valentines dinner 2014CherylDined on 2/14/2014As usual, the food and service was fantastic. We were a little disappointed that we could only get a 5:30pm reservation and when we left, there were plenty of open tables that would have accomodated us at a later time.Special Features:
- Shula's Service Staff FumblesfazinflaDined on 2/13/2014My wife had the lobster bisque and I ordered the crab cakes for appetizers and both were above average in presentation and flavor. For dinner, we ordered a filet mignon and lobster tails with creamed spinach and mushroom sides. Each of these were perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. To finish my wife ordered the chocolate souffle which was just so so and a cup of expresso which was served luke warm. Only downside of the evening was that are bill contained errors which could have led to $50 in over charges if not detected and the fact that we had to wait an inordinate amount of time to pay the check. Sitting at an empty table with no food or drink for 15-20 minutes for the service staff to return with your credit card and bill is annoying!Special Features:
- I have been eating here forDDKiddDined on 2/7/2014I have been eating here for years and always find the food and service excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been dining here forDDKiddDined on 1/18/2014We have been dining here for years, always enjoy a wonderful dinner & good service from a friendly staff. They are always willing to accomadates special requestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and sea scallops!!!!AlaskaDined on 1/11/2014The steak was cooked perfectly and taste like true "prime" grade. The wine was delicious and reasonably priced, a La Crema Chardonnay. I am from Alaska so I love sea scallops. These scallops were spiced perfectly, cooked just right and taste delicious. The dessert, a molten chocolate cake, came in a single serving size that was enough for 3 people. The service, beginning with the parking and including the host, the bar, the waiter and the food servers were all outstanding. This is a perfect place for our next special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 1/8/2014As always, the food is beyond words. The staff is exceptionally attentive. The atmosphere is professional but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.