Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
5225 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-beach
- Phone: 3053416565x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6PM - 10PM
Friday & Saturdays 6:00PM-11:00pm
No Name Lounge:
Seven Days a Week 4PM - 11PM
Happy Hour Daily 4PM - 7PM
Monday Night "Top Pickers" Football
Large Screen TVs
Social Hour Specials, New Bar Bites Menu, Prizes
Jazz Night with LEO
Wednesdays (beginning, Sept. 17) 6:30PM-9PM
Sinatra Sounds with Jeff Grainger
Thursdays (beginning, Sept. 25) 7:00PM-9:00pm
COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shula's Chef Ignacio Dominguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can customize your evenings menu to your specifications.
- Private Party Facilities: At Shula’s we feature wine rooms designed for intimate social occasions or business groups and larger Hall of Fame rooms for private parties of 10 to 75 guests. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Astrid Hefler-Ehrenstein 305-341-6500 x2884
- Entertainment: Live Piano on Saturday 7PM - 10PM
COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING
- Special Events: For all special event inquiries please contact Astrid Hefler-Ehrenstein, Business Development Manager at 305-341-6500 Ext 2884, or ahefler@@alexanderhotel.com
A word from Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach
The theme for Shula's Steak House is a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten team. The décor includes pictures and game balls from the '72 season. The menus are hand painted on NFL footballs then personally hand signed by Coach Shula himself.Continued
At Shulas Steak House we serve Premium Black Angus Beef, the best beef money can buy.
At Shulas Steak House we serve Premium Black Angus Beef, the best beef money can buy.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (16)scenic view (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- susanneumanDined on 9/27/2014There were 4 of us, my husband and me, his business associate and his wife. We ordered 3 prime ribs and one steak, we were served 2 prime ribs and 2 steaks. I had to wait while the unordered steak was sent back and another prime rib was brought out. The others insisted on waiting until I was served, so their food was cold when we were all finally able to eat. It was very embarrassing. We love Shula's, have come here for birthdays and just nights out. We wanted to share this beautiful place with my husband's business associate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJodiDined on 9/27/2014We love going to Shula's restaurants, but this night was not so. We both ordered our favorite steak - the New York Strip and they both were overcooked and had no flavor or hint of seasoning. The crab mac and cheese was flavorless as well - no cheese flavor or crab flavor. The staff was wonderful and attentive, but the food was not anything we would come back for unfortunately.Special Features:
- ThumbsupDined on 9/24/2014Best steak we ever ate. Service was amazing-attentive and engaging. Had a wonderful view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave it in the 70sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014We were the only group there at dinner time with a huge conference down the street - it should have been full. The food was completely mediocre as was the service. Nothing was bad (other than the crab mac and cheese) but everyone left understanding why the place was empty.
- Great and unique experienceGabrielSantosDined on 9/13/2014The food is unreal, it was incredible. Great service. They really care about the customers.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Be careful you will drive right by, but glad we found it. The prime rib was the best i've ever had, perfect medium rare and the only thing better was the creamed spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Much to SaydiningsnobDined on 9/12/2014Not too many people in there for a Friday night. The food was great. The waitstaff didn't do much for me. I had to ask him to bring out the meat cuts tray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can enjoy a conversation here!FoodTravelerDined on 9/10/2014Elegant and comfortable surroundings with an ocean view. You feel more like you are in a private club. When most successful venues seem to be more about the vibe (noise level) this is a true gem if you want to actually carry on a conversation - for business or pleasure! Service was very attentive and asked at every opportunity if everything was as we wanted it to be. A nice change!Special Features:
- Everything was baddrekiyaDined on 9/6/2014I have been to many steakhouses and this was probably one of the worse. The steak was dry and had no flavor the service was slow. The hostess wasn't polite. I would not return not worth the money I only went because we are dolphin fans. Waste of $300
- Great night.PBMonteroDined on 9/5/2014We had a great dining experience and enjoyed your Miami Spice menu. The food and service was wonderful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execellent Food in Antique SettingJoeyVIPDined on 8/23/2014How can you go wrong with a good filet at Shula's...? You don't...!... and as expected, our meal was very good as was the service. However, the location inside the Alexander Hotel gave us the impression we were aboard the Titanic. At any moment, it would take on water and sink. This place is very old and tired, but none the less clean. Shula's should move out of this place on to it's own better location.Special Features:
- OutdatedLuvmyfiletDined on 8/23/2014When I entered the hot lobby & as I walked up the stairs I felt as if I was in a time warp. It felt the sane to me as I did when I went there in the elate 80's. Shulas restaurant was hidden way the back on the 2nd floor. No ambiance, appeared very dated. Not impressed. Felt like at a retirement home
- perfect season, perfect steaknanni1960Dined on 8/16/2014a don't miss for any football fanatic! Great steak also with excelent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steak houseelimarVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks served as ordered. Baked potato was fresh and did not have that twice warmed over texture and was moist and served hot. Watch out for the side dishes, they serve at least 2 and are good!!! Only negative is that the dessert menu is pedanticSpecial Features:
- Loved the Miami Spice dealthemayorDined on 8/4/2014Had the Miami Spice dinner deal with the lobster bisque, NY Strip (10oz) and the cheesecake. All was outstanding. Service is excellent, as you would expect from a top-notch steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OmnivoreMiamiDined on 7/26/2014When you splurge, you hope for exceptional service and food. When you get waiters doubling as bartenders, and attendants doubling as waiters and sommeliers, you realize cutting corners and costs reduces what should be an excellent experience to merely a good one.
- Wonderful family dinnerejackson3Dined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious and the service exceptional!Special Features:
- Never Go There AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014My wife and I enjoy going Shula's whenever there is one in the nearby vicinity. Our excursion to Shula's Miami Beach was a disaster. I had the Cowboy Ribeye, which arrived extremely tough to chew. The manager was kind enough to have it replaced, which arrived after my wife finished her meal. The remaining order included: charred, burnt grilled asparagus; the baked potatoes came out warm, hard, and the center barely cooked. My wife ordered wine to have with her dinner; never got it. The waiter paid full attention to one customer, note others. My checked arrived with full charges for the ribeye, filet mignon, wine, and no discounts. We will definitely not go back to Shula's Miami Beach.
- SHULASmartyVIPDined on 7/12/2014OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE BEST EVER. AMAZING FOOD. AMAZING SERVICE. GORGEOUS DROP DEAD RESTAURANT. AND THE FOOD . OH MY GOD SOOOOOO DELICIOUSSpecial Features:
- got to love that steakelimarVIPDined on 7/10/2014If you want a steak, this is the place. Had the medallions and served at correct temperature and the baked potato was hot and firm texture. We were a party of four and each had a different cut and all were served at correct level of doneness. If you want a steak properly prepared with fresh sides, this is your place. Staff very personable and knowledgeable. Could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always....WRFGVIPDined on 7/7/2014Fantastic! I can't say enough about all, including our most recent evening at Shula's on Miami Beach. What makes it a notch above the rest is the people. We look forward to many returns,Special Features:
- The following 309 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House- Miami Beach reviews archive.
- All around wonderful experience!ShulasloveDined on 6/15/2014We were greeted warmly by several of the staff. We enjoyed some delicious cocktails in the bar before dinner. The bartender was engaging. We enjoyed talking with him. Dinner was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive and personable. The decor was vintage, warm and comfortable. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good steakEddntDined on 5/3/2014As I said in Trip Advisor, you know you have a good steak when it's prepared without seasoning, and the natural flavor of the steak speaks for itself. My dinner was wonderful, and the roasted corn with bacon made the perfect complement to my steak.Special Features:
- Perfect Food, Perfect SeasonJDUBDined on 4/25/2014Phenomenal steaks, cooked perfectly, sides were just right & delicious.... and the key lime pie, I might give my right hand for that recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Too expensive for what I got out of it and the service was pathetic.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014Slow service staff was very unfamiliar with menu. I would not recommend for the price. There are a lot of good restaurants at better prices.
- not as good as the 1st timeatethereoncebeforeDined on 4/13/2014The setting is great, the service excellent. The food was subpar this time. Prime Beef was overcooked, sides were less than usual in taste although portions were rather large in size.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!ShaneDined on 4/5/2014Just as stated, atmosphere is outstanding and Wilburn the "head coach" is an awesome person who made us feel very comfortable and welcome on our first visit. Will definitely return next time we're in Miami.Special Features:
- Good but not greatJfindlatorDined on 3/23/2014I thought this restaurant was very good, the menu selection and presentation of the steaks was definitely the highlight of this dinner. However, the steak wasn't as flavourful as I had hoped, however the scallops and bacon wrapped shrimp were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014This was our first time at Shula's and definitely not our last. The service, food, and experience was just outstanding I would say better than Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/1/2014Did not live up to the hype food wise ...service was good thoughSpecial Features:
- The service started out greatL18mVIPDined on 2/28/2014The service started out great and went downhill. I asked for another glass of wine when our food was delivered but did. It receive it until I was almost finished eating. I also asked 3 times. Everything was very good except the steak. It was mediocre. The ambience is very old world steak house which is find of fun today. I asked some stats about football other than Don Shula's perfect season and no one knew the answers. My main question was who was the quarterback that season. Someone on the staff should have known that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughTodeDined on 2/25/2014Me and my family we use to go to Morton's when we are in the States but we wanted to try a new one. I have to say that unfortunately it was a bad experience to change use. A part from the service food is not as good as Morton's. Meet was to cooked when we asked for a rare done and for that price it was not acceptable. I'm sure I will never come back.
- Bad experienceMiacoupleDined on 2/22/2014We arrived at 845 pm and there was no one to talk to to be sited till 3 min later a lady shows up, were not sited till 20 min after and we're told to sit at the bar. Where there was no bar tender for 15 of the 20 we waited. Service was great. But we order appetizers and took almost an hr to show up and the main course well we didn't get it till 1030pm so it was a very bad experienced and I did not expect so bad timing with food.
- This is not the first timeGaryDined on 2/22/2014This is not the first time for my wife and I to visit Shula's. We went once before in "off season" and it was very quiet and the service was magnificent. Forward to "in season". A very different world. Very crowded, noise level high and service was very good but not excellent. The food as always was magnificent and the portions huge. The manager stopped by to chat with us and it was a pleasant conversation. Everyone was working very hard to produce the type of service required for a pricey establishment. For those who have had an experience where the service was slow within the past few weeks, I must say, if you want fast food, go to McDonalds; if you want magnificent food dine at Shula's.Special Features:
- the person that handled reservation666stevensDined on 2/15/2014the person that handled reservation at the door seemed disinterested the help-we waited 1/2 hour to be seated, service was poor--wait between courses was slow-we hand to keep asked the waiter to remove dished. overall I would never come back to this restaurant.
- Bye Bye Shula'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014This was my second trip to a Shula's in the past 2 weeks - the other one was Shula 347 in Norfolk, VA. I think they have lost their way and are not the premium steak house they once were. Steak is average at best and not worth the premium price they're still charging. Bye Bye Shula's.
- Not what was expected.RichDined on 2/14/2014Decor- 80's green, with wood paneling. Servers were not trained on fine dining techniques, not attentive at all. They almost seem confused, and did not communicate with each other. Was asked multiple times the same question by different team members. For the price I will go to BLT or Juvia. I am a local, and will not recommend. Food was ok, good cuts of meat, not seasoned very well though. One steak ordered med, was brought as wrong cut first time, sent back, in an effort to rush a new one was sent. Temp on the rushed cut was clearly med rare. A steakhouse that can't cook steaks or season them for that matter, is a no go. Choose another steakhouse please.Special Features:
- Usually very good, but not tonightVuduDined on 2/14/2014Not a good experience this time at all! Food was good, but service was off the charts bad.
- Food was great. Waiter seemedMiamihomeDined on 2/14/2014Food was great. Waiter seemed to be in a hurry to get us to order. Once we placed our order he got an attitude and was rarely seen. Then added a 19% tip to the bill.Special Features: