Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
50 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-indianapolis
- Phone: 3172313900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's Steak House has 5 elegant private dining rooms. The "Wine Room" accommodates up to 16 guests, The "Perfect Season Room" accommodates up to 30 guests, and we can also host semi private dining for up to 100 people.
For more information call or email Jaime Hernandez, Business Development Manager Phone: 317-231-3962 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's Steak House has 5 elegant private dining rooms. The "Wine Room" accommodates up to 18 guests, with wine bottles located on every wall. This room is the perfect room to wine and dine your V.I.P. clients. The "Perfect Season Room" accommodates up to 30 guests. This is a great room to hold a private meeting or reception. The "Perfect Season Room" has Audio Visual capabilities as well as a screen. After the meeting is over you can relax, put up the screen with the touch of a button, and enjoy the rest of your evening. We are confident that you will be satisfied with our fabulous food, excellent service, and will become "RAVING FANS" by the conclusion of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jaime Hernandez 317-231-3962x
A word from Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
Shula's is a premier upscale steak house offering, The SHULA CUT, the best beef money can buy & the freshest seafood. This elegant dining experience is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins perfect season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)scenic view (43)romantic (40)good for groups (20)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- First Time at Shula'sBTinIndyDined on 10/17/2014Having never eaten at a Shula's, I did not have any expectations; however, I have dined in restaurants at this level in over 20 countries and there are general expectations for any establishment such as this. Shula's, by far, exceeded those expectations. The service was impeccable. We were greeted and shown to our seats immediately. Our main waiter, Vladimir, was very knowledgeable and guided our choices perfectly. He was assisted by Henry, who was equally professional and very prompt; additionally, Matt was the service/water lead and my glass never reached the halfway mark. The management staff made a point to visit our table (celebrating an anniversary) which added a personal touch. The steak and sides were the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMTMartianDined on 10/11/2014This was probably the best steak I have ever had! The service was impeccable and the food was fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for the best steak and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodTallyyakgirlDined on 10/8/2014What a dining experience should be! If you really want a steak that melts in your mouth this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my sonluvfinediningDined on 10/4/2014My family and I would like to thank you for the excellent service provided Saturday, October 4, 2014, as we celebrated my son's 22nd birthday.Special Features:
- cjmcguireDined on 10/4/2014Had terrible service. Our waiter seemed new and we only saw him once. Long wait between salads and entrees. Side came later as they dropped the first one. Had a very long wait for anyone to clear our plates away. Valet parking wasn't on bill so had to wait again for that. There are so many great restaurants now that when you have bad service it makes sense to not return.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Food is excellent. Prices comparable to New York City, even in Indianapolis! Not good Wine list is mediocre. Service was average....the two waiters serving the table were not coordinating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great, but for a Saturday night it was pretty dead. No complaints.Special Features:
- awful serverlovegoodfoodDined on 9/27/2014Our waitress checked on on once and was extremely dry. I complained to the hostess. Food was goodSpecial Features:
- Audie & MichelleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Shula's made our tenth anniversery very special.The food and service was excellent,the staff made our first visit a pleasant one.We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall was positiveCoconiceDined on 9/20/2014Dinner for 4, and everyone was happy. My wife's steak was undercooked - a solid rare on a medium order, but that was quickly corrected. My steak, the 24 oz Porterhouse was good, but there was a cartilage vein running through the NY side that took some legitimate sawing to get through. Great appetizers, good entrees, decent wine (good for price), didn't expect my cognac in an Old fashioned glass, though. A good dining experience, and handy since we were staying in the Westin. I'm a bit shaky on the bang for the buck, though. All said, the check was nearly $500. I've had many comparable meals (and several better) for considerably less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceMCDORNDined on 9/20/2014Have been to Shula's in other locations and I appreciate the consistency of the food. The steaks are alway top shelf!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colts Game nightBigdaddyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Dinner was great. Our server was on top of things and kept the meal moving so we could get to the game on time. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Kathleen TaylorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner pre-Colts game. However, I had called ahead about parking and was told we would have to move our car after dinner if staying for the game. So we parked at the Hyatt. this was an inconvenience. Wont do it again for games.Special Features:
- Perfectjmg1127Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Best food in town!Special Features:
- sauerDined on 9/12/2014Prices on menu didn't match prices on my bill when your paying that much for a good meal don't try to over charge on bill !!Special Features:
- Lomoncello and Irish CoffeeEdmundoDined on 9/12/2014On Friday night we were told you were out of limoncello. The same for Saturday night. Go out and buy a bottle at the liquor store bu take care of your customers. On Saturday night we couldn 't have Irish Coffee because the bar had no coffee. What? Have some coffee. On Sunday exactly at 11 two guests next to us were told it was too late to have the breakfast buffet even tho it was still up and full. Learn what a customer is and serve them. They are more important than you are .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sue1Dined on 9/11/2014I've eaten at a Shula's before but never for breakfast. It was a great spot for a business breakfast while in town for a conference. Eggs Benedict we're delist. My only issue was the service. Our server could not have been less interested in letting us order off the menu since a buffee was also available. She was absent for refills, and it took about 20 minutes to get our check and pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeedboyDined on 9/5/2014Steaks are wonderful. Service is excellent. Wine list is fruitfull.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent, Superb. I will continue to frequent this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Scenic Views!Johnbear1Dined on 8/30/2014Steak was better than St. Elmo's and the views of the city were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewallenDined on 8/29/2014New to area so I thought I would give Shula's a try. They asked repeatedly if I was there for the devour indy promotion. Once I said yes, I was doomed. Arrived 45 minutes early but they said they could not seat me early. When I was seated the place was over 1/2 empty, absolutely no reason why they made me stand there waiting to be seated. Despite numerous tables open by a window with a nice view, I was seated by a noisy pathway. They were obviously providing two dining experiences, one for those that answered Yes for Devour Indy and another for those that answered No.
- KimjamDined on 8/29/2014Great Service. Food was fantastic. Our waiter, Vladimir, was attentive & took great care of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overdone Steakskelsey9915Dined on 8/29/2014All four of us at the table ordered filet (medium) and they all came out well - with no pink in center at all.Special Features:
- OUR SERVICE WAS POORbrettcDined on 8/23/2014Let me start by saying normally food and service is excellent, I took my wife here for her birthday on 23 Aug 14, I previously heard of people getting bad for and poor service during " devour downtown" which I did not know was going on until i was asked by the receptionist were we here for that to make a long story short our server acted as if she would rather be anywhere else on the planet except serving us the cowboy ribeye was very bland and over cooked our creamed spinach was cold my wife's salmon was under cooked this is usually one of our favorites, I don't know what the problem was this time but if we do return to Shula's it WILL NOT BE DURING "DEVOUR DOWNTOWN" VERY DISAPPOINTING BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Steak undercooked. Potatoes super dry. Pricing not reflective of food quality. Slow service and was constantly told how busy they were, as if we were a bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi Expectations - OK dinnercrowbarVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Shula's before during Devour Downtown, and been totally blown away by the great dinners, super service, and all-around good experience. This trip (also during Devour Downtown) proved to be somewhat disappointing. The food was good (not great) - our dinners were not particularly hot when delivered to our table, but they were not cold. We did not receive a basket of rolls with our salads, which appeared to be delivered to other tables around us, but maybe they just don't do that for Devour. Our steaks were good, but not particularly outstanding, and the vegetables were just OK. Service was OK, not great, not terrible. It will probably be awhile before we return.Special Features:
- amaze ballsmpbundyDined on 8/22/2014Seared ahi tuna was incredibly delicious! Best fish I've Ever Eaten. Great atmosphere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not super impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We visited during devour downtown and was not completely impressed. Drinks were overpriced, $5 bottle beer, it's almost cheaper to drink at a colts game, at least you get more per ounce, their "white sangria" was basically a shot of wine in a martini glass with orange juice. Not worth $12. Steak was great, tender, cooked perfect, but the garlic potatoes...you almost had to use your steak knife to cut. They were super dry. Veggies were ok. Service was great, but won't be back.
- eatjeffDined on 8/22/2014great seafood and steaks best of surf n turf outstanding staff great atmostphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerErdieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went during Devour Downtown, the second time this year we went to Shulas. Absolutely fabulous. I told my wife that I could see Shulas becoming my favorite higher end restaurant downtown - above Harry and Izzy's - which is currently our favorite. It has such a clean, calm, stable, quiet ambiance. Harry's is clangy and frenetic, which is good sometimes too. But when you want to actually communicate during dinner, this is the best place.Special Features:
- DisappointedAshleyDined on 8/19/2014We dined during Devour Downtown. I specifically looked through the online menu to make my restaurant selection. When I viewed the Shula's menu under the starters there was a "shrimp choice" and under the desserts there was a "chocolate cake choice." After arriving we noticed neither one of those choices were on the devour downtown menu. This proved to be disappointing. Overall our dining experience was enjoyable. The bread was the highlight. We just weren't expecting the differences in the menu options.Special Features:
- DisappointedPonydocDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Shula's on several occasions on trips to Indianapolis. It seems to me that things are on the decline. The steaks were fine, but nothing like the "only 1% of all steaks qualify for Shula's" mantra that starts the evening. There were nine in our party, and only one of the two of the steaks were cooked right - it wasn't worth the time and wait to send them all back. Wine glasses weren't filled in a timely fashion, either. For a high dollar restaurant, it really wasn't worth the time, effort, or money. There are plenty of other steakhouses to try in Indianapolis - probably time for a change.Special Features:
- Only Option for Hotel GuestsLLJ56Dined on 8/5/2014I was here for a convention. It is the only option...had breakfasts, lunches and dinners...along with drinks in the tiny bar. All OK, food Ok, selection ok, service was slow at times but they were pleasant enough.
- Select another steakhouse in IndytomandginDined on 8/3/2014We dined at Shula’s Monday evening based on the recommendation of the hotel. We both had filets with different sauces, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The steaks were both ordered medium and served rare to medium rare. While the reduced red demi sauce was well prepared, the peppercorn glaze had little flavor. The green beans were a pleasant surprise - a combination of roasted red peppers and oranges. There was a large wine selection to choose from. The service was overbearing rather than attentive. While the prices compare to Chicago steak houses, (Morton’s, Stenson’s , Firehouse), unfortunately, the quality does not.
- Special OccasionDrDeDined on 7/31/2014Food and service were expected to be excellent and we were not disappointed. Somewhat warm in the restaurant but very quiet on a midweek night. Prices were high but were expected. Overall very good rating for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was served nice & hotCinci2IndyDined on 7/10/2014The food and servers were wonderful. We dined there every night while in Indy for a conference.Special Features:
- Excellent!tryingnewthings417Dined on 7/5/2014Best steak ever! I don't eat anything plain. . .until now. My husband and I split a New York Strip and is was so tender, juicy and flavorful. I did not need any steak sauce! We also shared the grilled asparagus and the crab macaroni & cheese. Both dishes were excellent. We started our meal with the Seafood Trio appetizer. We loved the freshness of the seafood and the fresh made dipping sauces it came with. Our server was very attentive and we like that they encouraged sharing (unlike some restaraunts). We had a table by the window overlooking the Capital Grounds . . .it was lovely. We will be saving up to eat here again.Special Features:
- Indy steaks not as good as MiamiMiamiFanDined on 7/5/2014Great restaurant in Indy. Food was great, lobster was great. Only downside was, my steak was cold and was sent back and returned cold and lacking flavor. Manager didn't seem overly caring about it nor did our waiters. Wasn't my best experience at a Shula's restaurant though I have had excellent experiences in the past. Hopefully this was a fluke experience and next time will be back up to par. Shula's restaurant's in Miami are delish! For the price you pay for these steaks there is NO excuse for them to be cold. So don't settle should you go. Still a fine restaurant with a fine scenic atmosphere. Huge Don Shula fan, thanks Don for all the memories!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 817 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- One of the best steakhousekslnycDined on 6/21/2014This was the second time I ate in Shula's steakhouse. Food was good but not amazing. I had to send the ribeye back because it was slightly overcooked. The waitress changed a new one for me and it was cooked correctly this time. The crab cake was not as good as I expected. But the atmosphere was good and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BSUJazzDadDined on 6/15/2014The overall ambiance and view from our table was outstanding. Our filets were perfectly cooked and delicious. I would recommend the corn sidedish and the creme brulee trio for dessert. The service staff was very helpful and friendly. We were made to feel special all evening. My wife even received a special little after dinner chocolate treat for her birthday. I would very much recommend Shula's for a special night out of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.