Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
50 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-indianapolis
- Phone: 3172313900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's Steak House has 5 elegant private dining rooms. The "Wine Room" accommodates up to 16 guests, The "Perfect Season Room" accommodates up to 30 guests, and we can also host semi private dining for up to 100 people.
For more information call or email Jaime Hernandez, Business Development Manager Phone: 317-231-3962 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's Steak House has 5 elegant private dining rooms. The "Wine Room" accommodates up to 18 guests, with wine bottles located on every wall. This room is the perfect room to wine and dine your V.I.P. clients. The "Perfect Season Room" accommodates up to 30 guests. This is a great room to hold a private meeting or reception. The "Perfect Season Room" has Audio Visual capabilities as well as a screen. After the meeting is over you can relax, put up the screen with the touch of a button, and enjoy the rest of your evening. We are confident that you will be satisfied with our fabulous food, excellent service, and will become "RAVING FANS" by the conclusion of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jaime Hernandez 317-231-3962x
A word from Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
Shula's is a premier upscale steak house offering, The SHULA CUT, the best beef money can buy & the freshest seafood. This elegant dining experience is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins perfect season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (41)scenic view (40)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Colts Game nightBigdaddyDined on 9/15/2014Dinner was great. Our server was on top of things and kept the meal moving so we could get to the game on time. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Kathleen TaylorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner pre-Colts game. However, I had called ahead about parking and was told we would have to move our car after dinner if staying for the game. So we parked at the Hyatt. this was an inconvenience. Wont do it again for games.Special Features:
- Perfectjmg1127Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Best food in town!Special Features:
- sauerDined on 9/12/2014Prices on menu didn't match prices on my bill when your paying that much for a good meal don't try to over charge on bill !!Special Features:
- Lomoncello and Irish CoffeeEdmundoDined on 9/12/2014On Friday night we were told you were out of limoncello. The same for Saturday night. Go out and buy a bottle at the liquor store bu take care of your customers. On Saturday night we couldn 't have Irish Coffee because the bar had no coffee. What? Have some coffee. On Sunday exactly at 11 two guests next to us were told it was too late to have the breakfast buffet even tho it was still up and full. Learn what a customer is and serve them. They are more important than you are .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sue1Dined on 9/11/2014I've eaten at a Shula's before but never for breakfast. It was a great spot for a business breakfast while in town for a conference. Eggs Benedict we're delist. My only issue was the service. Our server could not have been less interested in letting us order off the menu since a buffee was also available. She was absent for refills, and it took about 20 minutes to get our check and pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeedboyDined on 9/5/2014Steaks are wonderful. Service is excellent. Wine list is fruitfull.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent, Superb. I will continue to frequent this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Scenic Views!Johnbear1Dined on 8/30/2014Steak was better than St. Elmo's and the views of the city were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewallenDined on 8/29/2014New to area so I thought I would give Shula's a try. They asked repeatedly if I was there for the devour indy promotion. Once I said yes, I was doomed. Arrived 45 minutes early but they said they could not seat me early. When I was seated the place was over 1/2 empty, absolutely no reason why they made me stand there waiting to be seated. Despite numerous tables open by a window with a nice view, I was seated by a noisy pathway. They were obviously providing two dining experiences, one for those that answered Yes for Devour Indy and another for those that answered No.
- KimjamDined on 8/29/2014Great Service. Food was fantastic. Our waiter, Vladimir, was attentive & took great care of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overdone Steakskelsey9915Dined on 8/29/2014All four of us at the table ordered filet (medium) and they all came out well - with no pink in center at all.Special Features:
- OUR SERVICE WAS POORbrettcDined on 8/23/2014Let me start by saying normally food and service is excellent, I took my wife here for her birthday on 23 Aug 14, I previously heard of people getting bad for and poor service during " devour downtown" which I did not know was going on until i was asked by the receptionist were we here for that to make a long story short our server acted as if she would rather be anywhere else on the planet except serving us the cowboy ribeye was very bland and over cooked our creamed spinach was cold my wife's salmon was under cooked this is usually one of our favorites, I don't know what the problem was this time but if we do return to Shula's it WILL NOT BE DURING "DEVOUR DOWNTOWN" VERY DISAPPOINTING BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Steak undercooked. Potatoes super dry. Pricing not reflective of food quality. Slow service and was constantly told how busy they were, as if we were a bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi Expectations - OK dinnercrowbarVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Shula's before during Devour Downtown, and been totally blown away by the great dinners, super service, and all-around good experience. This trip (also during Devour Downtown) proved to be somewhat disappointing. The food was good (not great) - our dinners were not particularly hot when delivered to our table, but they were not cold. We did not receive a basket of rolls with our salads, which appeared to be delivered to other tables around us, but maybe they just don't do that for Devour. Our steaks were good, but not particularly outstanding, and the vegetables were just OK. Service was OK, not great, not terrible. It will probably be awhile before we return.Special Features:
- amaze ballsmpbundyDined on 8/22/2014Seared ahi tuna was incredibly delicious! Best fish I've Ever Eaten. Great atmosphere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not super impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We visited during devour downtown and was not completely impressed. Drinks were overpriced, $5 bottle beer, it's almost cheaper to drink at a colts game, at least you get more per ounce, their "white sangria" was basically a shot of wine in a martini glass with orange juice. Not worth $12. Steak was great, tender, cooked perfect, but the garlic potatoes...you almost had to use your steak knife to cut. They were super dry. Veggies were ok. Service was great, but won't be back.
- eatjeffDined on 8/22/2014great seafood and steaks best of surf n turf outstanding staff great atmostphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerErdieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went during Devour Downtown, the second time this year we went to Shulas. Absolutely fabulous. I told my wife that I could see Shulas becoming my favorite higher end restaurant downtown - above Harry and Izzy's - which is currently our favorite. It has such a clean, calm, stable, quiet ambiance. Harry's is clangy and frenetic, which is good sometimes too. But when you want to actually communicate during dinner, this is the best place.Special Features:
- DisappointedAshleyDined on 8/19/2014We dined during Devour Downtown. I specifically looked through the online menu to make my restaurant selection. When I viewed the Shula's menu under the starters there was a "shrimp choice" and under the desserts there was a "chocolate cake choice." After arriving we noticed neither one of those choices were on the devour downtown menu. This proved to be disappointing. Overall our dining experience was enjoyable. The bread was the highlight. We just weren't expecting the differences in the menu options.Special Features:
- DisappointedPonydocDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Shula's on several occasions on trips to Indianapolis. It seems to me that things are on the decline. The steaks were fine, but nothing like the "only 1% of all steaks qualify for Shula's" mantra that starts the evening. There were nine in our party, and only one of the two of the steaks were cooked right - it wasn't worth the time and wait to send them all back. Wine glasses weren't filled in a timely fashion, either. For a high dollar restaurant, it really wasn't worth the time, effort, or money. There are plenty of other steakhouses to try in Indianapolis - probably time for a change.Special Features:
- Only Option for Hotel GuestsLLJ56Dined on 8/5/2014I was here for a convention. It is the only option...had breakfasts, lunches and dinners...along with drinks in the tiny bar. All OK, food Ok, selection ok, service was slow at times but they were pleasant enough.
- Select another steakhouse in IndytomandginDined on 8/3/2014We dined at Shula’s Monday evening based on the recommendation of the hotel. We both had filets with different sauces, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The steaks were both ordered medium and served rare to medium rare. While the reduced red demi sauce was well prepared, the peppercorn glaze had little flavor. The green beans were a pleasant surprise - a combination of roasted red peppers and oranges. There was a large wine selection to choose from. The service was overbearing rather than attentive. While the prices compare to Chicago steak houses, (Morton’s, Stenson’s , Firehouse), unfortunately, the quality does not.
- Special OccasionDrDeDined on 7/31/2014Food and service were expected to be excellent and we were not disappointed. Somewhat warm in the restaurant but very quiet on a midweek night. Prices were high but were expected. Overall very good rating for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was served nice & hotCinci2IndyDined on 7/10/2014The food and servers were wonderful. We dined there every night while in Indy for a conference.Special Features:
- Excellent!tryingnewthings417Dined on 7/5/2014Best steak ever! I don't eat anything plain. . .until now. My husband and I split a New York Strip and is was so tender, juicy and flavorful. I did not need any steak sauce! We also shared the grilled asparagus and the crab macaroni & cheese. Both dishes were excellent. We started our meal with the Seafood Trio appetizer. We loved the freshness of the seafood and the fresh made dipping sauces it came with. Our server was very attentive and we like that they encouraged sharing (unlike some restaraunts). We had a table by the window overlooking the Capital Grounds . . .it was lovely. We will be saving up to eat here again.Special Features:
- Indy steaks not as good as MiamiMiamiFanDined on 7/5/2014Great restaurant in Indy. Food was great, lobster was great. Only downside was, my steak was cold and was sent back and returned cold and lacking flavor. Manager didn't seem overly caring about it nor did our waiters. Wasn't my best experience at a Shula's restaurant though I have had excellent experiences in the past. Hopefully this was a fluke experience and next time will be back up to par. Shula's restaurant's in Miami are delish! For the price you pay for these steaks there is NO excuse for them to be cold. So don't settle should you go. Still a fine restaurant with a fine scenic atmosphere. Huge Don Shula fan, thanks Don for all the memories!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steakhousekslnycDined on 6/21/2014This was the second time I ate in Shula's steakhouse. Food was good but not amazing. I had to send the ribeye back because it was slightly overcooked. The waitress changed a new one for me and it was cooked correctly this time. The crab cake was not as good as I expected. But the atmosphere was good and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BSUJazzDadDined on 6/15/2014The overall ambiance and view from our table was outstanding. Our filets were perfectly cooked and delicious. I would recommend the corn sidedish and the creme brulee trio for dessert. The service staff was very helpful and friendly. We were made to feel special all evening. My wife even received a special little after dinner chocolate treat for her birthday. I would very much recommend Shula's for a special night out of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 5/31/2014The food is fabulous! , service is a 10 , love this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steak on special occasionenjoygoodeatsDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner as we always do at Shula's for a birthday or special occasion. Service was good, but a bit uneven between the two servers. Once we expressed that we had been there before, we seemed to be treated as "non-special", even though a birthday was involved. Very good quality steak, well prepared. Lettuce had some brownish pieces, not up to the standard we expected from prior visits.Special Features:
- Best steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Shula's Steakhouse has it all. Great service with great food. The appetizers, desserts and sides are excellent. However, the steaks are what make this place better than other steakhouses. Having eaten at top notch steakhouses and fine restaurants all over the country, I can say that I haven't had a better steak. Every time I go to Indianapolis I have to stop at Shula's for the best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TI500Dined on 5/26/2014Always one of my favorite stops when I am "Back Home Again in Indiana!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- APMAteat5Dined on 5/25/2014Service was exceptional and food was excellent. Matt, who was our waiter was also exceptional. He was very personable and receptive to our requests. Mike who was his assistant was also very receptive and out going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Management Trainingasdf1234VIPDined on 5/24/2014On Fri night late I was told they were filled for Saturday. I made an open table reservation two minutes later for Saturday. When I arrived they said they were filled and didn't have my reservation. I went out the door and made an immediate open table reservation and then they said they would seat us. We ate sat and relaxed and the place remained 50% full. Why must they lie like that. A friend came in later Saturday 7ish and was placed at a table looking at a wall. They asked 3 times to be moved to an empty table and was told they couldn't do it so my friends got up and left.Special Features:
- food not up to parknowhow2cooksteaksDined on 5/23/2014Most of the food is bland and lacks flavor. The seafood trio was extremely disappointing. It is missing flavor. Seafood is supposed to taste like it comes from the sea. It tasted like nothing. Our steaks were thin and again had no flavor. Cooking method is terrible. Steaks are supposed to be seared at a minimum of 600 deg on the outside so it has that seared crust to it while the center is very red and cool. It was like it came with grill marks then heated up. I expect at least a 2-1/2" filet, not 1". Do not waste your money on this place. We should have known there was an issue when there were less than ten tables occupied and too easy to get a table on Indy 500 weekend. Talk about red flags!
- The following 808 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- Fun & FancykjvinDined on 5/17/2014While the restaurant is obviously a fine establishment, it felt as though all were equally welcome. The Football menu was a fun touch. The food was amazing and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Pretty average.emmayerDined on 5/16/2014Overall, nothing was so bad that I would have complained. But overall, pretty average. Steak (filet) was slightly overbooked but still tender. Asparagus was undercooked and far too crunchy but edible, crab Mac n cheese was downright awful (so dry, but I was with a client so did not complain/return but if on my own I would have). Calamari was A+. Scallop appetizer good but only two measly scallops for $14??? Come on. Service very good and everything relatively timely, but for the price just not great. C or B+ at best. Football on the table tacky IMO, they should ask us if we wanted it or taken it sooner.
- Shuls's: Still Undefeated!BirthdayBoyDined on 5/13/2014The phrase can be found everywhere: STLL UNDEFEATED. You can find it on the sign at the entrance, on the menu ( in, not just one, but several places) and although it refers to the 1972 Miami Dolphins undefeated NFL TEAM, that theme echoes thoughtful the entire dining experience. All was the best of the best, unparalleled in every sense: the greeters, service staff, the menu, and the pinnacle of excellence, the Shula cut steaks.Special Features:
- Worth Every Penny!Delicious4000Dined on 5/11/2014I always love dining at Shula's, but I must say the Mother's Day Brunch was Perfect! Worth every penny and it didn't require many pennies. Great value for a great price. See ya soon Shula!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.