Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
50 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-indianapolis
- Phone: (317) 231-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's Steak House has 5 elegant private dining rooms. The "Wine Room" accommodates up to 16 guests, The "Perfect Season Room" accommodates up to 30 guests, and we can also host semi private dining for up to 100 people.
For more information call or email Jaime Hernandez, Business Development Manager Phone: 317-231-3962 Email: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's Steak House has 5 elegant private dining rooms. The "Wine Room" accommodates up to 18 guests, with wine bottles located on every wall. This room is the perfect room to wine and dine your V.I.P. clients. The "Perfect Season Room" accommodates up to 30 guests. This is a great room to hold a private meeting or reception. The "Perfect Season Room" has Audio Visual capabilities as well as a screen. After the meeting is over you can relax, put up the screen with the touch of a button, and enjoy the rest of your evening. We are confident that you will be satisfied with our fabulous food, excellent service, and will become "RAVING FANS" by the conclusion of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jaime Hernandez 317-231-3962x
A word from Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis
Shula's is a premier upscale steak house offering, The SHULA CUT, the best beef money can buy & the freshest seafood. This elegant dining experience is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins perfect season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Shula's Steak House - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)scenic view (47)romantic (46)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful RestaurantIndyGirl1Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I celebrated our birthdays together by having a nice dinner. The service was great, and the food was excellent. We definitely recommend Shula's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The service was excellent but the food was average. When our food came out it was just warm, not hot. And the steaks had very little flavor. The lava cake was the best part. The prices far exceed the quality!
- Needs a second lookdoodlebugdadDined on 11/18/2014On the night we chose to have dinner at Shula's they had an unfortunate kitchen incident which prevented them from producing their signature high quality fare. Apparently they lost their exhaust fans which prevented any chance of having a properly cooked piece of meat. The steak had the barest amount of color and absolutely no crust or character, which greatly diminished its appearance, appeal and taste. Their side dishes lacked flavor and the mashed potatoes, in particular, were glutteny and ice cold, even after we insisted on them being the one item that absolutely needed to be steaming hot. We're hoping this was not typical of the dining experience one could hope to expect, but they still should have comped the steak, or we should have just called it a night after the appetizers showed up and we were informed of an issue in the kitchen. They never indicated they would be unable to produce the steak in the manner we requested. We also had to ask for bread, which didn't even show up at our table until after the poorly cooked steak made its unfortunate debut. Sad when the high point of your meal is your bottle of wine, and your delightful server who was trying her best but still was unable to help salvage the evening. We'll be contacting corporate over this failing and shortfall on Shula's part.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014While the steak was good, actually very good, the scallops were rubbery. The manager when she came by said we were the third or fourth table to complainSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmingangieDined on 11/16/2014We got our table at 615. The restaurant was busy, as it was the night of the Colts-Pats game, but not overbooked. A server did not get to our table for 15 minutes and we did not get our drinks delivered until 645. We ordered dinner and appetizers all at once. At 745 the manager came to our table and told us that they were out of scallops, which 2 of the 4 dinners were to have. She suggested a switch to trout for the person who ordered the sea scallop entree. When they finally brought the food out at 8, mind you they knew we were going to the game and that kickoff was at 830, the trout was not good and my steak was prepared correctly, but was luke warm at best. It was obvious that it had sat for a while. Given my hunger and the time, we ate as fast as we could and left. The manager did not charge for the trout dinner. Also, throughout the wait to get food, we were constantly running out of drinks, not to mention that the first beer that I ordered, they had run out of and had to ask for me to change. It was just not a good experience.
- Great pre-game dinning spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014My husband and I ate at Shula's last Sunday evening before a Colts game. The service and food were very good. The Calamari appetizer was especially good. Our steaks were grilled as ordered and served with an excellent side dish of roasted corn. I would recommend Shula's for a great dinner along with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Colts mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014This is a great location for a pre-Colts game meal. The food is excellent and a great location!! The steaks are excellent and the seafood is too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaksMrsMillyTimeDined on 11/8/2014The steaks were amazing and I thought they were reasonably priced for the quality. Our service was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeefBoyDined on 11/7/2014Cocktails prepared well. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Lee - our waiter did a tremendous job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian1Dined on 10/31/2014My wife had the 6oz filet and I the Cowboy Ribeye. We both feel this might have been the best steaks we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodkjk2Dined on 10/25/2014The steaks are excellent and cooked exactly as ordered. The spinach is also a treat. Only problem, too full to sample deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome every time!tkh1968Dined on 10/25/2014Great food and great service every time. The views of downtown Indy are awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Shula'sBTinIndyDined on 10/17/2014Having never eaten at a Shula's, I did not have any expectations; however, I have dined in restaurants at this level in over 20 countries and there are general expectations for any establishment such as this. Shula's, by far, exceeded those expectations. The service was impeccable. We were greeted and shown to our seats immediately. Our main waiter, Vladimir, was very knowledgeable and guided our choices perfectly. He was assisted by Henry, who was equally professional and very prompt; additionally, Matt was the service/water lead and my glass never reached the halfway mark. The management staff made a point to visit our table (celebrating an anniversary) which added a personal touch. The steak and sides were the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMTMartianDined on 10/11/2014This was probably the best steak I have ever had! The service was impeccable and the food was fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for the best steak and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodTallyyakgirlDined on 10/8/2014What a dining experience should be! If you really want a steak that melts in your mouth this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my sonluvfinediningDined on 10/4/2014My family and I would like to thank you for the excellent service provided Saturday, October 4, 2014, as we celebrated my son's 22nd birthday.Special Features:
- cjmcguireDined on 10/4/2014Had terrible service. Our waiter seemed new and we only saw him once. Long wait between salads and entrees. Side came later as they dropped the first one. Had a very long wait for anyone to clear our plates away. Valet parking wasn't on bill so had to wait again for that. There are so many great restaurants now that when you have bad service it makes sense to not return.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Food is excellent. Prices comparable to New York City, even in Indianapolis! Not good Wine list is mediocre. Service was average....the two waiters serving the table were not coordinating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great, but for a Saturday night it was pretty dead. No complaints.Special Features:
- awful serverlovegoodfoodDined on 9/27/2014Our waitress checked on on once and was extremely dry. I complained to the hostess. Food was goodSpecial Features:
- Audie & MichelleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Shula's made our tenth anniversery very special.The food and service was excellent,the staff made our first visit a pleasant one.We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall was positiveCoconiceDined on 9/20/2014Dinner for 4, and everyone was happy. My wife's steak was undercooked - a solid rare on a medium order, but that was quickly corrected. My steak, the 24 oz Porterhouse was good, but there was a cartilage vein running through the NY side that took some legitimate sawing to get through. Great appetizers, good entrees, decent wine (good for price), didn't expect my cognac in an Old fashioned glass, though. A good dining experience, and handy since we were staying in the Westin. I'm a bit shaky on the bang for the buck, though. All said, the check was nearly $500. I've had many comparable meals (and several better) for considerably less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceMCDORNDined on 9/20/2014Have been to Shula's in other locations and I appreciate the consistency of the food. The steaks are alway top shelf!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colts Game nightBigdaddyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Dinner was great. Our server was on top of things and kept the meal moving so we could get to the game on time. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Kathleen TaylorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner pre-Colts game. However, I had called ahead about parking and was told we would have to move our car after dinner if staying for the game. So we parked at the Hyatt. this was an inconvenience. Wont do it again for games.Special Features:
- Perfectjmg1127Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Best food in town!Special Features:
- sauerDined on 9/12/2014Prices on menu didn't match prices on my bill when your paying that much for a good meal don't try to over charge on bill !!Special Features:
- Lomoncello and Irish CoffeeEdmundoDined on 9/12/2014On Friday night we were told you were out of limoncello. The same for Saturday night. Go out and buy a bottle at the liquor store bu take care of your customers. On Saturday night we couldn 't have Irish Coffee because the bar had no coffee. What? Have some coffee. On Sunday exactly at 11 two guests next to us were told it was too late to have the breakfast buffet even tho it was still up and full. Learn what a customer is and serve them. They are more important than you are .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sue1Dined on 9/11/2014I've eaten at a Shula's before but never for breakfast. It was a great spot for a business breakfast while in town for a conference. Eggs Benedict we're delist. My only issue was the service. Our server could not have been less interested in letting us order off the menu since a buffee was also available. She was absent for refills, and it took about 20 minutes to get our check and pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeedboyDined on 9/5/2014Steaks are wonderful. Service is excellent. Wine list is fruitfull.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent, Superb. I will continue to frequent this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Scenic Views!Johnbear1Dined on 8/30/2014Steak was better than St. Elmo's and the views of the city were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewallenDined on 8/29/2014New to area so I thought I would give Shula's a try. They asked repeatedly if I was there for the devour indy promotion. Once I said yes, I was doomed. Arrived 45 minutes early but they said they could not seat me early. When I was seated the place was over 1/2 empty, absolutely no reason why they made me stand there waiting to be seated. Despite numerous tables open by a window with a nice view, I was seated by a noisy pathway. They were obviously providing two dining experiences, one for those that answered Yes for Devour Indy and another for those that answered No.
- KimjamDined on 8/29/2014Great Service. Food was fantastic. Our waiter, Vladimir, was attentive & took great care of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overdone Steakskelsey9915Dined on 8/29/2014All four of us at the table ordered filet (medium) and they all came out well - with no pink in center at all.Special Features:
- OUR SERVICE WAS POORbrettcDined on 8/23/2014Let me start by saying normally food and service is excellent, I took my wife here for her birthday on 23 Aug 14, I previously heard of people getting bad for and poor service during " devour downtown" which I did not know was going on until i was asked by the receptionist were we here for that to make a long story short our server acted as if she would rather be anywhere else on the planet except serving us the cowboy ribeye was very bland and over cooked our creamed spinach was cold my wife's salmon was under cooked this is usually one of our favorites, I don't know what the problem was this time but if we do return to Shula's it WILL NOT BE DURING "DEVOUR DOWNTOWN" VERY DISAPPOINTING BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Steak undercooked. Potatoes super dry. Pricing not reflective of food quality. Slow service and was constantly told how busy they were, as if we were a bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi Expectations - OK dinnercrowbarVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at Shula's before during Devour Downtown, and been totally blown away by the great dinners, super service, and all-around good experience. This trip (also during Devour Downtown) proved to be somewhat disappointing. The food was good (not great) - our dinners were not particularly hot when delivered to our table, but they were not cold. We did not receive a basket of rolls with our salads, which appeared to be delivered to other tables around us, but maybe they just don't do that for Devour. Our steaks were good, but not particularly outstanding, and the vegetables were just OK. Service was OK, not great, not terrible. It will probably be awhile before we return.Special Features:
- amaze ballsmpbundyDined on 8/22/2014Seared ahi tuna was incredibly delicious! Best fish I've Ever Eaten. Great atmosphere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not super impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We visited during devour downtown and was not completely impressed. Drinks were overpriced, $5 bottle beer, it's almost cheaper to drink at a colts game, at least you get more per ounce, their "white sangria" was basically a shot of wine in a martini glass with orange juice. Not worth $12. Steak was great, tender, cooked perfect, but the garlic potatoes...you almost had to use your steak knife to cut. They were super dry. Veggies were ok. Service was great, but won't be back.