Shula's Steak House - Chicago
301 East North Water St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's Steak House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-chicago
- Phone: 3126700788
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Renea Powell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shula's Steak House - Chicago
Shula's Steak House has been ranked among the top five steak houses in America since 1991. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a virtual museum of the 1972 PERFECT season of the Miami Dolphins. Our restaurant is built on serving the "Biggest and the Best" and serves only Premium Black Angus Beef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's Steak House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (17)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (13)scenic view (8)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great to have a business dinner!!MrsTilyDined on 10/16/2014I took a plastic surgeon and his wife here for dinner. It was wonderful! Great martinis and the oysters were wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewMs23Dined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was more than I expected and the food was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayDined on 9/19/2014The meal we had at Shulas was amazing. Now having gone to the Chicago Shulas that puts us at vising four different Shulas. Each one of them has been great. Our server was great, the food was great, and the ability to sit back, relax and enjoy a meal with each other is spot on.Special Features:
- TracyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been to a million restaurants in the last 20 years. My Server, Mesias is in the Top 3 of folk that have taken care of me at Business dinners and with my family eating.Special Features:
- DRNOVIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent attentive service; food quality and preparation was superb. The view at the windows is great Chicago people watching.Special Features:
- Sarge2004OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Before the 25th,I had only visited Schula's in Orlando,Fl. Now Chicago will be added to my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressednanna1Dined on 8/16/2014This dining experience is not at all what I expected. Upon entering the hotel's back entrance, it was very spooky. outdated and gloomy. When we got on the elevator it was paper on the floor as if it had not been cleaned up all day !! Once inside the restaurant it was nice but after going online several times throughout the day to check out the menu, we decided that it would definitely be worth it to try the lamb. Guess what ??? No lamb !! How do you not have any lamb on the weekend when you know its going to be busy with patrons ??? The waitress didn't suggest an alternate because really, there is no alternative to lamb ! We settled for what we ordered and it was just ok. Not sure just yet if I would dine there again.
- Awesome!.......But.72ShulaFanDined on 8/16/2014As a huge Dolphin Fan I enjoyed the vintage Dolphin photos through out the restaraunt. The dinner was outsatnding and my 20 oz Kansas City strip was cooked perfectly. A little dissapointed when we arrrived at 5:20. The hostess told us to wait to be seated when she was not busy and there were over 30 tables available. Our reservations were at 5:30, but she didnt seat us and walked away. So at about 5:35 Miguel the Manager walked over and sat us down. He was extremely helpful and courteous through out our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple SteakhouseSullyLoverVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to Shula's for birthday dinner with my girlfriends. If you're part of the Shula's email list they send you a coupon for a free entrée (with purchase of another), so that is a great deal! Sides and appetizers are great, as well as my entrée - nothing new here. Atmosphere is quiet and classy, service is superb.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceUnhappyDDined on 8/4/2014We spent $800 in food and wine and it took well over two hours from start to finish. The manager said they were short-staffed but all he did to help was bus tables.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal and ServiceoldfashionedDined on 8/1/2014A group of us were at a conference in Chicago and Shula's is in the lobby at the Sheraton. This restaurant was conveniently located and an unexpected find. It was not our first time at a Shula's, and we were not disappointed. The service and the food were both excellent (I had Oysters Rockefeller and Filet Oscar). I would highly recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014AuGratin potatos were not that good. Little bit dry. However, experience was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed!NogoodnyckVIPDined on 7/26/2014I had wonderful memories of this restaurant and would make it point to dine here whenever I visited Chicago. The food, the service, the presentation: cart display with steaks, menu on the football, attentive service. Apparently this tradition is gone. The server was too casual and the steaks were too highly seasoned i was disappointed.
- Not kid friendlyFrustratedMomDined on 7/25/2014No children's menue, no milk/choc milk without hassle, Cannot believe a restaurant would NOT have a kids menueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Poor service. Our wait staff couldn't hurry us through our meal fast enough. Very unhelpful. Our meal for 3 was $250 and we didn't mind that...but when you ask for a little history of the restaurant or a recommendation for wine...don't expect anything but a blank stare and cold remark.Special Features:
- joediDined on 7/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating my wife's birthday, even a candle on the chocolate souffleSpecial Features:
- ExcellenceFoodConnoisseurDined on 7/14/2014Went on a business dinner. The service was exelent as was the atmospher. The food was superb. Well worth the cost. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmanndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014As with all Shula's the food was superb, setting contemporary chic, and service attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor QualityDisappointedDined on 7/4/2014My steak was like iron. It was very difficult to cut and lacked taste. My husband food was a disappoint too. It was not a good dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 546 reviews are from the Shula's Steak House - Chicago reviews archive.
- Rib eye instead of Prime RibDisappointed2meDined on 6/20/2014Ordered prime rib, was presented with rib steak. Waitress had no comment about why this was presented. Apparently they ran out of prime rib & thought this was replacement. She Offered other choice. I requested 8 oz fillet. Waited another 20 minutes while my wife finisher her meal. When fillet was presented, it was rare--I requested med. I sent back. It came back 5 min later med rare. I gave up and ate half of it. When given bill, I was charged for the fillet ($48). Since they made the error, I felt I should have been charged for prime rib($42), or not charged at all due to all the wait time & problems with the meal. This is bad customer service for the $160 meal!!
- WonderfulChicagoFanDined on 6/17/2014From beginning to end, an outstanding experience. Beginning with a drink at the bar and all through dinner, the staff was pleasant and attentive without being intrusive. Menu was extensive without being overwhelming and we were delighted with out selections. My nephew's New York Strip was cooked perfectly and he enjoyed every bite as he completely cleaned his plate. My prime rib was very good and I only regret being full before finished - portion sizes are large. Overall, I would recommend to anyone for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyambyloveDined on 6/14/2014My boyfriend and I went for his birthday. Server was lackluster at best. Only a few tables around on a Saturday night. Now I know why. Ordered the crab cake appetizer and the whole bottom was burnt. We let it go and continued with our main course. My filet Oscar was so over cooked it was like chewing shoe leather. My boyfriend ordered the scallops which were full of sand. Needless to say we didn't eat. When our server came back to check on us she offered little to no help. We ended up paying the bill and tipping well even though we left hungry. They did bring my boyfriend a piece of cheese cake with a candle. It was almost more of a slap in the face than kind gesture . I would not recommend anyone even waste their time trying this place.Special Features:
- Service above and beyondFresnoDBAVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great meal, excellent service. Server went above and beyond to accommodate special situation. Thanks Shula's....Special Features:
- Going too mainstreamOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014I have been dining at Shula's (Chicago, Miami, Indy) for the past 8 years. The first time we ate there, we loved the uniqueness of the football menus, the display and description of the steak cart and the excellent service. But every time we return, it seems like Shula's loses more and more of what makes them unique and keeps getting more mainstream. This time, no football menus in sight. Absolutely no description of the steak cut options or the Shula Cut, which is what the restaurant prides themselves on. To top it off, the waiter was way too casual and condescending. There is no longer anything unique about this restaurant, so I cannot justify spending $250 on a meal here any longer. Which is extremely disappointing for a Dolphin fan!Special Features:
- diningVIPDined on 6/8/2014Totally awesome experience...great food, service...very attentive to details...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODDADDYL1VIPDined on 5/29/2014SHULA'S IS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE FOR EXCELLENT FOOD,ESPECIALLY STEAK. SERVICE IS EXCELLENT AND THE LOCATION IS GOOD IN THE SHERATON TOWERS HOTEL IS GOOD. WE GOOD BACK TO SHULA'S OFTEN.Special Features:
- adorableVIPDined on 5/26/2014Love it....A fun place to go with friends. The ambience its excellent. I will go there, even if is only for drinks. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedkathydDined on 5/25/2014I made this reservation with high hopes of having a good steak or prime rib. I ordered the prime rib medium rare (i asked the server if it had been prepared that day) and my husband ordered a 22 oz ribeye. When she served the meal, she asked my husband to verify that his steak was cooked satisfactorily but did not come back to the table until much later to see if my dinner was satisfactory. Although it was a huge piece of prime rib, it was so tough and chewy that I could not eat it. I left a huge piece which she noticed when she came back to check on us and she subtracted it from the bill. That wasn't the point - I expected a much better quality cut of meat . We would not eat here again, nor would we refer other diners here.
- Good, but not great.ChuckieNorrisDined on 5/17/2014For a 50+ dollar steak, I would expect more. Filet Mignons were good, but the rest were kind of bland. Service was ok, but not what's expected at this level of restaurant. The guy who serves water was very curt and didn't respond to our question.Special Features:
- Steak and scallopsMomfromVIDined on 4/26/2014My husband had the bone in rib eye and he loved it. I had the scallops and got violently ill. Stick with steaks when you head to a steak house, wine list was fantastic. Will visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent SteakGregVIPDined on 4/23/2014Acceptable steak for the price, although I've hade better at high ends chains. Wait staff, management of staff need to better understand gluten free especially when this restaurant advertises on Opentable as gluten free friendly.
- Not to badIamDeeDeeDined on 4/19/2014I took my husband for celebration dinner and he is a steak eater and said that the steak was delicious me on the other hand do not eat beef so I went with the crab cakes which didn't taste like much. Had mac n cheese as side dish which was good. The place was quiet and romantic. Service was good. I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a great steak.Special Features:
- Out and about in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Tried many Steak places in Chicago. Shula's ranks as very good for the money. The appetizers were especially good and so were the sides. Needless to say the steaks had better been good ......... and they were. I'll be going back, and you should too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The complete dining experienceMarjmoDined on 4/5/2014Everything was perfect! Yes, it is expensive. But everyone should have a meal like that, with service like that, at least one time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best1Fiver2Dined on 3/29/2014This restaurant is one of the best. Prices aren't over the top, considering the quality of food and service. The steaks are the best! This is a great place to bring guests from out of town. It's close enough to the Mag Mile, but also right in the hotel for those who want to "chill" after dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningTrayDined on 3/28/2014The food was incredible, the server was extremely attentive and the food and cocktail were delicious. Can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50th Celebration DinnerBin36RegularVIPDined on 3/26/2014Shula's made my 50th birthday SPECIAL! Great food, service and an overall fantastic dinner at Shula.Special Features:
- High priced but you get valueMarkGwithHoustonFirstVIPDined on 3/23/2014This restaurant is one of the highest priced restaurants I have been to, but you get what you pay for. The food was great. I had a steak that was prepared exactly the way I like it. The lobster bisque was excellent. The asparagus could have been a little fresher. It was kind of dried out. We ordered the chocolate soufflé in advance and were not disappointed. Usually when there is one dessert ordered for the table people are polite and only take small tastes. However, our group devoured the soufflé and were not even shy about taking the last bite. The noise level was just right - we could easily hear without having to raise our voices. The service was excellent. The waitress made sure she did not interrupt our conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitKatoDined on 3/15/2014Every time we visit Chicago, we make a point of visiting Shula's. This visit did not disappoint. The steaks were great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. The waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Food was excellent. The waitress needs to learn how to pour a beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.