Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
2960 Center Valley Parkway
Center Valley, PA 18034Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-center-valley
- Phone: (610) 841-5600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday thru Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm. Our Sunday feature is "Prime Sundays", a Prix - Fixe Prime Rib Dinner option for $39 , in addition to our regular menu. Seating is available in our Main Dining Room , or in Private Dining rooms or the Bar where High Definition sporting events are viewable.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Rivera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have four private rooms. 1. Wine Room, seating 16, 37" LCD TV. 2. Room for 48 can be divided into two rooms of 24, 37" LCD in each divided room. Both rooms are hard-wired for Internet & Power Point capability, Audio & background music. 3. Our largest room accomodates 64 people for Dinner with a 60" Plasma TV
- Private Party Contact: Eileen Casale 6108415600x
A word from Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
Shula's Steak House is located at the Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley and across the street from the top-rated Center Valley Golf Links. Fine dining occurs amongst a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten season. An elegant atmosphere decorated with game balls & pictures of that perfect season, Shula's serves the biggest and best. All steaks are SHULA CUT, Premium Black Angus Beef, including the signature 48 ounce steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley - Best Restaurants in Center Valley ›
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)romantic (79)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Declining Service at Shula's Center ValleypaheartdocDined on 11/22/2014We have eaten here several times and I have been to several other Schula locations in Chicago and in FL. The restaurant was not very crowded for a Saturday night and appeared to be adequately staffed, but time from salad to entree was 65 minutes. We didn't order anything special; a scallop dish and prime rib. the Scallops were to come with asparagus and we asked for no truffle oil, but there was no asparagus and the entree had truffle oil. the prime rib was cold and was extremely fatty and an end piece. ( ordered at 7:30, served at 8:45) I rarely ever ask a restaurant to take something back, but they did and gave me a "new" piece that was partially grilled but was still the end . It was mostly scrap. There was no adjustment to our bill and I didn't ask. The side of crab mac and cheese was not very good as to flavor and there was barely a hint of crab in it.Special Features:
- Always excellent, our favorite restaurantJohnDined on 11/22/2014We went to Shula's to celebrate my birthday. As always, the food was excellent. Our waiter was okay, but his assistant was outstanding and really made us feel welcome and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!AmazingDined on 11/14/2014Dinner was amazing! Great steaks, huge portions of sides. Just overall great. A little pricey but you pay for what you get!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but way too priceyPW16K10Dined on 11/14/2014Food and service was great and while we didn't mind the price of our entree the cost of the sides and drinks were crazy at best. 9 dollars for a salad, vegetable or a accompaniment such as mushrooms. and drinks starting at 14! This is the Lehigh Valley not NY or Philly. The crazy thing is the place was packed. Anyway, we will see you again in a few years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional Place for Elegant DiningkatbratDined on 11/14/2014Such a wonderful place for couples to enjoy each other's company and live in the moment. Absolutely wonderful atmosphere, great service, amazing food, and the OpenTable Reservation system is perfect! Be prepared to spend a good amount of money ($50-70 pp) and I would dress rather nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationJeffVIPDined on 11/13/2014Everything was great as usual. Really liked the new menu items including the filet trio with the three steak toppings. My wife raved over the mixed grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great mealLillianDined on 11/8/2014We have been here for special occasions several times and they never disappoint. I have been to several of the well-known name steak houses and I would put Shula's up against them any day. And their seafood is well prepared also. Seared ahi tuna appetizer was terrific and shareable. All four of us had a taste. I had the Kansas City Strip and it was cooked perfectly; melted in my mouth. My mom customized her mixed grill entree (exclude meat) and they accommodated her with no ease (and no extra charge). The crab cake was fabulous. The service was prompt, friendly, and attentive, despite the fact that they were jam packed (Saturday night). Even so, the layout is such that you feel you are in a small more intimate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvdiningDined on 11/7/2014First time there. Food was outstanding and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the Valley!retireeDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday dinner at Shula's and I had the filet and my husband had the New York Strip and you could cut it with a fork and it just melted in your mouth! The sides were excellent as well and a very generous portion that 2 people could share. This is definitely a place to go celebrate any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I've been to Shulas a few times and dined at the bar. First time during restaurant week... Very loud, unorganized and sadly had my first "not so great" porterhouse. Was very tough. I will come back but not during the restaurant week. Tough to spend $260 and not walk out totally satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualGardengal2Dined on 11/5/2014We went for Restaurant week, but they do not lower the quality of the food nor the service, both were excellent. A real gem in the Lehigh Valley!Special Features:
- You can't go wrongfleurdelisaDined on 11/4/2014The food is always done to perfection. We had two servers waiting on us and they were both great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekcanolibeanVIPDined on 11/4/2014Found out last minute it was Restaurant Week at the Promenade-3 courses for $39 can't be beat! Always good food and service hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FORGOTTEN STEP-CHILDRENredrobinDined on 11/4/2014Everything was great until we reminded staff we'd like our dessert to go. From that point on, which was a very long time, we felt like the forgotten step-children! It took TOO LONG to get our dessert to go and the check. Meanwhile, we just sat there staring at the staff as they went in & out of the room taking care of all the guests that were seated after us (2 couples at one table & 5 businessmen at another). The only time we saw our waitress was when we were seated & when she came with our dessert & check. This aspect of our evening was very disappointing and we were there to celebrate my birthday ... which I suggested to my son when he wanted to take me out to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly impressed.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Not sure if it was because of Restaurant week, but I was disappointed with my dining experience. Food was just average and service was impersonable and lacking. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Disappointed69erVIPDined on 11/3/2014The corn was to spicy, the filet ok. Service started out ok, but when we didn't buy drinks it went down hill. No one checked to see if we needed more soda, water. Manager catered to those drinking wine, pretty much avoided others said hello and thanks for coming, the wine drinkers got total attention. The policy of charging 18% gratuity on any promotions or gift cards is terrible, especially if the wait staff isn't that great. We thought the staff and manager at the Dolphin Hotel on Disney property much nicer, friendlier, etc.
- Outstanding SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Best filet - consistently, no doubt about it. Great service. Excellently operated restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2014I had the prime rib and my husband had the strip steak; both were cooked to perfection. As always we are never disappointed with the food and service.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSeawinds21Dined on 11/2/2014Food was great for the "Restaurant Week Menu". Too many people waiting on you and communication was lost among the parties. Wine list was great. Nice local place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- MeateaterDined on 11/1/2014Best piece of steak I have ever had, wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a moviehappycoupleDined on 11/1/2014We stopped in for a light dinner before a movie. We ordered appetizers and cocktails. Our waitress was timely with our food as we mentioned we only had an hour before the showtime. She was quick and friendly. Our drinks, Manhattan and traditional cosmopolitan were fresh and perfectly made. For dinner we chose from the appetizer list. Crab cake was very good with ample crab meat, lobster bisque with sherry was hot and delicious, sirloin tips with Bearnaise was excellent and cooked perfectly. We also had a wedge salad with blue cheese and it was fresh, cold and crisp. Our final selection was the mushroom side dish and that was amazing. All food was very hot. Our bill was $90.00 plus tip. We would go there again.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDaveDined on 11/1/2014Started great. Had a drink,appetizers, then down hill! Our meals came out. My girlfriend's was fine, my 12oz filet that was ordered med. came out rare. Took half an hour before it came back. By that time my friend was done her meal. Didn't eat mine.The manager did give us a generous gift certificate,but I won't be going back. Looks like a couple of ladies will be having lunch!
- Birthday dinnerArp212Dined on 10/30/2014They did a great job making my fiancé feel special on his birthday. They out a sign out saying happy birthday and also brought him out a special crime brûlée that wasn't on the menu because that's his favorite dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but slowfhfooteDined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent, but we had to wait about 70 minutes for our meal from the time we sat down. It did not seem very busy. Not sure what the problem is. Also, if you don't like cold drafty restaurants make sure you bring a sweater when you go to shulas. I think they must keep an outside door wide open in the back of the kitchen or something. We dine here often and it is always cold and drafty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointstdashDined on 10/24/2014Love This place. It is my go to restaurant and they always impress. I have had steaks all over and the Shula Cut is as good as any. The only thing better than the food possibly is the impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014It is not Prime Beef. They tell you it is Black Agnus Prime. Whatever that is suppose to be. It is Choice Beef.Special Features:
- Great for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our Celebrating Anniversary at their restaurantSpecial Features:
- Usually A Hit.This Time Not So Muchoomae1578Dined on 10/22/2014Dined for our anniversary. We usually walk away very pleased with our experience. However this time was a significant disappointment. Both filets ordered medium rare. One came out medium, the other closer to rare. The wait staff while polite for the most part, were not nearly as attentive as usual. When there are 2-3 staff working together on a table, guest should not find themselves waiting for one of them to walk or stop by the table. Lastly, in the past a staff member always contacts us the following day to check on how we enjoyed our experience. This time though, no call. While our visit was not a bad experience, it was a let down compared to the level of service & food we know this establishment is capable of.Special Features:
- TreatSeceroDined on 10/21/2014My family and I like to treat ourselves to a great meal every so often. Shula's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsmtsmaleVIPDined on 10/20/2014Shula's in Center Valley continues to offer consistently good food and service. From the Valet, to the hostess, to the bartenders to the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandCDined on 10/19/2014Went here with a restaurant.com gift certificate and ended up leaving with a fully belly and a great experience. The service is top notch and the food is absolutely delicious. The wait staff makes sure to pay close attention to detail and makes sure you are enjoying your meal.Special Features:
- Is my favoritejennyDined on 10/18/2014I love this restaurant everything is amazing. The food the best I ever had .The first time I want to come back alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/17/2014Really enjoy this place, a great steak and delicious side dishes. Shula's is expensive, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place, Good Food & ServiceLetsDineDined on 10/11/2014The dress atmosphere appeared to be business casual. Nothing to put a suit on for. Appetizers- The BBQ shrimp wrapped in bacon is a must have! Scallops were nothing special, plus they only gave us two. Crab cakes were wonderful. Main Course- The porterhouse was done properly and I had them add blue cheese and lump crab meat on top! The ribeye cowboy was also very good and made perfectly. Whom ever is on the grill knows how to prepare steaks. The asparagus was ok...although I would not recommend the vinegar oil that comes on top. Dessert- it was similar to a peach cobbler and I found it delicious with vanilla ice cream. I'm over all this restaurant gets an "A" although it was pricey. My total was around $400, for three.Special Features:
- Fantastic ambience and foodWineFan2Dined on 10/10/2014We've been going to Shula's since they opened at the Promenade years ago. The food NEVER disappoints. This is the only place I order lobster...it's phenomenal here. Service is always outstanding. Great date night spot. Wine list is extensive and my husband loves the Manhattans here. A must try if you haven't visited yet.Special Features:
- great as alwayssr067Dined on 10/9/2014Shula's keeps their level of service and quality high as usual. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerelyobekimDined on 10/9/2014Great meal in a nice setting with great service, made this an excellent experience. I will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold and DarksadnhungryDined on 10/5/2014I have been to this Shula's many, many times and had great meals and experiences. The service was splendid but the food and atmosphere were marginal. The room was very dark making it difficult to read the menu. The food, at best, was warm when served. Shortly into the meal the food was getting rather cold which was discouraging.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysJohnDined on 9/28/2014Shula's is our favorite place for special occasion dinners. We've never been disappointed in the service or the quality of the food. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steak/perfect wineLeenieDined on 9/27/2014Steak prepared perfectly! Great wine to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.