Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
2960 Center Valley Parkway
Center Valley, PA 18034Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-center-valley
- Phone: 6108415600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday thru Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm. Our Sunday feature is "Prime Sundays", a Prix - Fixe Prime Rib Dinner option for $39 , in addition to our regular menu. Seating is available in our Main Dining Room , or in Private Dining rooms or the Bar where High Definition sporting events are viewable.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Rivera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have four private rooms. 1. Wine Room, seating 16, 37" LCD TV. 2. Room for 48 can be divided into two rooms of 24, 37" LCD in each divided room. Both rooms are hard-wired for Internet & Power Point capability, Audio & background music. 3. Our largest room accomodates 64 people for Dinner with a 60" Plasma TV
- Private Party Contact: Eileen Casale 6108415600x
A word from Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
Shula's Steak House is located at the Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley and across the street from the top-rated Center Valley Golf Links. Fine dining occurs amongst a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten season. An elegant atmosphere decorated with game balls & pictures of that perfect season, Shula's serves the biggest and best. All steaks are SHULA CUT, Premium Black Angus Beef, including the signature 48 ounce steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley - Best Restaurants in Center Valley ›
Shula's Steak House - Center Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)romantic (75)notable wine list (49)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (18)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014As a returning customer I would like to say my wife and I love going here for special occasions. The service is outstanding and love how they prepare their steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Group of 4 and 2 of us ordered the prime rib. Both were very tough and not that flavorful. We expected a whole lot better for the price.
- CharlieOOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Absolutely great!! The best steak & lobster I have had in a long time. Service was great.Special Features:
- 50th birthday celebrationJeffVIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I celebrated her 50th Birthday at Shula's. Everything was perfect. The sauce on the filets prepared Mary Ann is fantastic. My wife had the filet oscar. The service was great as well. This is one of the best places in the Lehigh Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superDined on 8/27/2014just a wonderful experience, staff is super and food is always perfectSpecial Features:
- Top notch steakhouse.meatEaterDined on 8/26/2014Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, PA is on par with steakhouses in Philadelphia, NY, and other larger cities. For my entrée I chose the Steak Mary Anne, two 5-ounce filet medallions with a rich demi glace sauce. The steak was prepared to perfection, and the demi glace sauce added the right amount of tanginess and flavor without overpowering the taste of the meat. The potatoes gratin were a bit dry, and not as cheesy-flavored as I had expected. I would have liked to taste more cheese in them, but they were quite satisfactory anyway. All-in-all, I'm definitely looking forward to a return visit soon.Special Features:
- Excellent!ChrisVIPDined on 8/23/2014Shula's is always top notch. I've dined here for special occasions as well as just when my friends and I wanted some great food. Each time is just as good as the last, with everything on the menu impressing everyone in our group. The service is always pleasant and on-point from start to finish. I tried the Onion Soup for the first time and it was some of the best I've ever had. You can't go wrong at Shula's!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerExcellentSteakDinnerDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary with an excellent dinner and perfect service @ Shula's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43rd Anniversary for our friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The special was excellent and I had the Steak Mary Ann which was done exactly as I like it. I was surprised on the noise and volume since it was a Thursday night. Excellent all around.Special Features:
- Too costlyBirthdaygirlleoDined on 8/21/2014While the food was quite tasty and of good portion, the cost was extremely high. This is not a restaurant where one goes regularly unless you are quite wealthy. This is Lehigh Valley not New York City. Once the restaurant became busy noise level was high and a bit annoying. Our servers were very accommodating and pleasant. Let me say that we will not be returning unless we win the lottery. There are other restaurants in the area that provide the same quality service and food for a much more affordable cost.Special Features:
- Best steak house in PennsylvanniaCj13Dined on 8/20/2014I have to travel for work All over eastern USA, this is the best steak house in pennsylvania(including steak houses in Philadelphia!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but for 1 exceptionInTheBizDined on 8/20/2014Everything was excellent with the exception of our Server. She was barely visible. Only to take the order and then present the check. The assistant server we had throughout the evening was exceptional !! Pleasant, knowledgable and effective. Attitude from the "lead" Server is what prohitted 5 Stars all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customersMarjeffDined on 8/19/2014Shula's is our go to restaurant for special occasions. We love the atmosphere, service, and of course the STEAKS! We are never disappointed. An additional perk for us is that it only takes us 5 minutes to get there! Lobster tail and filet for me this time and my husband's usual porterhouse. Quite an enjoyable evening. MarlieseSpecial Features:
- ExcellentJesso4o4Dined on 8/18/2014The service was great and the food was amazing! We celebrated a birthday. It's expensive but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great dinnershieldseyDined on 8/16/2014very attentive staff, and hostess. salad was out to us quickly but the entrée took a bit too long to arrive. Filet was excellent for both myself and my guest, cooked to perfection. I will return and recommend to others!Special Features:
- great way to celebratenicecatchDined on 8/16/2014My wife and daughter have birthday's very close so we decided to make it a special night and celebrate at Shula's. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We will definitely do this again and not just for birthday's. I got hooked on Shula's while on a business trip in Miami. I know it costs a little more but you will not be disappointed. Definitely on my top five restaurant list of all time. Way to go team!Special Features:
- Great steak; great serviceMcAllyDined on 8/15/2014Shula's delivers on a classic steak house promise--wonderful cuts of beef, with hearty sides. Further, the service was spot on--not too cloying but never leaving us in want for a moment. My prime rib was succulent; the wedge salad extremely tasty and the creamed spinach exactly what one expects from a good steak house. It's not cheap, but if it were, the steaks would not be as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class Dining ExperienceFamilyStyleDined on 8/13/2014What an awesome dinner for our family! Every Steak served came out perfect. Rich in flavor and amazingly tender. Clearly the leader in all of the fine Steak Houses. Service was flawless! Made you feel like a preferred guest and over delivered in every way. Glad to have such a high end resteraunt in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Food are FantasticevbuckspaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Service & Food here are Fantastic! We had a romantic diner and everything went smoothly. I was very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GTMCnjVIPDined on 8/8/2014We went on a Friday evening in August. The place was quiet. We were waited on as if we were royalty. The food was fantastic. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Great place to go on special occasion Great food Great atmosphere. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super dinnersuperDined on 8/5/2014returned to shula's for 3rd visit. great bar, great food, great service. just a super experience. returning in 2 weksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Fine dining experience. But much too expensive for a weekly dinner for the average person.Special Features:
- MeatMeataholicDined on 8/1/2014If you love just-right-prepared high quality cuts of meat, and understand the value of paying for it, you'll understand Shula's. This is not a discount steak shop. It's a carnivore's dining experience. Reservations are ready at the time agreed. Staff is welcoming and attentive. If you're a return customer, you know what you want and how you want it prepared, order at your pace. Same is true for "newbies", however if you are not familiar with Shula's, it may be good to listen to the brief description of choices, as well as the presentation of beef selections available. Impressive story, impressive cuts of meat and impressively prepared. Enjoy. I do.Special Features:
- Good except...NitaDined on 7/31/2014My lobster and filet mignon were overcooked. I asked for medium rare, and it was at least medium. The lobster was somewhat chewy, but for a $49.95 special; it was edible.Special Features:
- Best steaks anywhere!TarrZVIPDined on 7/31/2014No restaurant in the region can top this superb steak house!Special Features:
- Shula's Center Valley, Gluten Free:GlutenFreeQuestDined on 7/27/2014Although the gf menu isn't mentioned on Shula's website, it's mentioned on Open Table. The gf menu offers a variety of steak, fish, side-dishes, salads and a few desserts. Our servers seemed well-trained, attentive without being intrusive, and pleasant regardless of our table not ordering anything from the bar. Our table of 4 ordered steak, seafood and one vegetarian meal made up of just side dishes. Side dishes are all "family style" and feed from 2 to 4 people. Overall, we had a nice experience at the restaurant. Be prepared, cost of the meal racks up fast. Each ice tea refill is a separate charge, etc. Several Dessert orders require 20 min. prep time, so you commit to order before you're sure you'll have room. Dessert was average.Special Features:
- Eat at the barAwesomeScottVIPDined on 7/26/2014I love Shulas food and bar. the dining room continues to disappoint and they just havent improved but eating at the bar is great if you can get a seat. busy bar. but worth itSpecial Features:
- The best steak you will ever eatMekgolfskiDined on 7/26/2014From cocktails to dessert ... One if the best steakhouses. Obviously pricey but you get what you pay for! Great wine list and speciality cocktails...if you are not outrageously hungry - the beef tip APPT is more than enough for dinner with a salad or side...save room for dessert...some great choices. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Very Best SteaksljdinesVIPDined on 7/25/2014Shula's consistently has the very best steaks (and lobster tails) of all steak houses. The meal was perfect from appetizer to dessert. Service as always was amazing. Kudos to the entire team! This restaurant is well worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Shula's was a very nice restaurant. A bit too pricey, but the food was especially good. Atmosphere was nice. Quiet and classy. A great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Classic steak houseSchutz64Dined on 7/22/2014Although the food was very good and equal to other classic steakhouses you paid $$ for what you received. Was put off by a less then cheerful hostess. Waitstaff was prompt and helpful. Overall I would recommend if you are looking for a NY steakhouse in the ValleyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Many Other ChoicesLVdineDined on 7/19/2014What hurts Shula's is the price. Overall the food is good but you can get good food elsewhere. Again the food is good, not outstanding. Outstanding is what you would expect for the price of Shula's. There are many other places in the valley and beyond that one could get as good a meal for less. Compared to other restaurants they are over priced on their salads, side dishes, and drinks. From the amount of empty seats at prime time on a Saturday night it appears I am not the only one that has noticed this. I have been to Shula's many times in the past however this most likely has been my last. Too many others choices now.
- First ExperienceRockstar75Dined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and service was fantastic. Food and drinks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, but priceyHockeyMomDined on 7/18/2014Staff and service were great, but I would not go again. I would have expected spectacular food for the price paid. You can get better food elsewhere. Steak good. Had lobster bisque for appetizer and it only had one small piece of lobster in it. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We can always count on a delicious meal at Shulas. We were a little disappointed in the quality of service. The usual attentiveness we have grown to enjoy was not apparent on this visit. Although our servers were friendly and informative they appeared to be distracted. This will not stop us from coming back to Shulas for maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martinigirlDined on 7/15/2014We go to Shula's for special occasions and as it was a birthday celebration, we went to Shula's. As usual, it was excellent. The best steaks anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hypeBuppDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were quite disappointed. We had a 4:30pm reservation so we could make a show later that evening. upon arrival we waited at the hostess stand for four minutes before the bartender yelled over to us to hold on while she finds the hostess. A few minutes later our hostess arrived and asked if we preferred a booth or a table and I replied either as long as we were not near the kitchen. We followed the hostess and she put our menus on the table adjacent to the kitchen door. I said we would not sit there as it was next to the kitchen. She said "oh yeah you did mention that" and placed us at the next table. I have more to say about the bad food but am out of characters.
- It was OKDnD10Dined on 7/12/2014Dinner was ok. I think we expected more for the price. I do feel that Emeril's Chop House at the Sands was much better. The waitress never told us the sides were meant for 2 people to share and we ended up with 2 potato sides. They also didn't have a menu for specialty drinks, I'm not a wine drinker and prefer something else.Special Features:
- late lunch, early dinnerJeffVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was very good as usual. The service was very good too. When I got home I saw Open Table had only given me 100 pts. instead of the 1000 pts. for the 3pm reservation. This is the second time we have been down this road. I have contacted Open Table but no response.Special Features: