Shula's 347 Grill - West Valley Center
3524 S. Market St.
West Valley City, UT 84119Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Shula's 347 Grill - West Valley Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-347-grill-west-valley-city
- Phone: 8019663470x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Saturday
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andrea Morrison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have an elegant private dining facility that can be for a large group of up to forty (40) people or split in two to accommodate small intimate functions of up to twenty (20). The rooms are equipped with 55" flat panel screens (audio-visual ready) and a separate sound system.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Liapis 801-307-3755x
- Entertainment: We offer a variety of menu selections for any occasion or budget, including two, three and four-course lunch and dinner menus. Our event planning staff may also assist you in creating customized menus and cocktail packages for both formal and informal functions. In addition to our two private dining rooms, other sections of the restaurant that may be used for your upcoming events. Please visit our website for additional information.
A word from Shula's 347 Grill - West Valley Center
Shula’s 347 is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach, Don Shula. The winningest Coach in NFL history, with 347 career victories! Shula’s 347 follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula's Steak Houses. Shula's 347 has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef® burgers and the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT ® steaks. The atmosphere is casual and full of energy, which includes a high impact bar, dark woods and a stunning video system. High-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, pigskin walls, and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's 347 Grill - West Valley Center reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Awesome!BrewerBlanc7512Dined on 8/15/2014Our waitress was outstanding! Knowelagable and very friendly.Special Features:
- JLMaybsDined on 8/15/2014I have been to a Shula Steak house many times , I love the steaks , but they are a bit pricey. This was the first time at a Shula's 347. We had scallops, crab cakes ,and Ahi tuna ... without going into the details of each dish , all were excellent and the price was quite reasonable . The open dining room with hard floors made for a bit more noise than I prefer , but it wasnt bad enough to stop me from going again . I def recomend this restaurant for an upgraded night out for diner that wont break the bank.Special Features:
- revieweatsDined on 8/9/2014we had a very enjoyable visit. The only thing that lacked was getting our food. It seemed to take a long time to get it. Everything else was very goodSpecial Features:
- Nice DinnercallracDined on 8/8/2014Great food..waiter and helpers were great..nice classy atmosphere.Managed well and staffed good.Very attentative making sure we liked everything and girl coming around frequently and filling water glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First outing w/ a great experienceLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014This was my first time eating there and I was pleasantly surprised. Although expensive, it was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit & we're hookedDennyDined on 8/4/2014We bought a Groupon for Shula's 347 Grill as we hadn't been there before and thought we'd give it a try. The BBQ Shrimp appetizer (suggested to us by our server) was excellent. He also suggested Crab Cakes & Steak Sandwich. We followed his suggestions and weren't disappointed. The Crab Cakes were moist & delicious. The Steak on the sandwich was tender and easy to eat (no knife required). We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the food was deliciouskimber820Dined on 7/26/2014We had a table reserved for us so we were sat right away. The hostess was very nice and informative. The server was quick to come over with our menus. The restaurant was very quiet and comfortable. The food was all very good. The steak melted in my mouth and the baked potato was cooked perfectly. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One dish great, other dish poorjrjmDined on 7/26/2014Drove out to the west side to Shula's. My wife's steak perfect and right on the button. My chicken Milanese, first half as expected, the other half inedible, grizzle in the filet and over fried to the point on not able to eat. Pointed out to management and they offered a dessert to offset. Nice gesture. Staff good, it is a restaurant trying to be upscaled but needs a little polishing.Special Features:
- had the filetkethompsDined on 7/24/2014Steak was cooked just right, taste was excellent. Two sides came with the meal, so for a steakhouse, that was a bonus. Calamari was ok, not the best I have ever had. The restaurant was not very busy, we were able to walk right in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Shula 347 is our favorite restaurant, we are huge Miami Dolphins fans. The food and service was excellent as always. Morgan and Mandy took excellent care of us. The customer service is always excellent, I loved how Mandy shared her experience when meeting Don Shula. The food is always excellent, we tried the Shula Burger which was superb. Thank you Morgan and Mandy for making our July 24th so special!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Shula's 347 Grill - West Valley Center reviews archive.
- KathTs7Dined on 4/9/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – I definitely would return to try more dishes. The food was great and light. Great place for a small business meeting. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Average food at best. Would not return and cannot recommend. The bar looked nice if you were traveling and wanted a drink.
- Dining was a pleasureEasyBreezyDined on 3/1/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, there was great service from everyone. The food was fantastic and we felt the menu had many options in food choices and prices. We will be returning to Shula's 347 Grill and very happy to have such a great new place in West Valley City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!DRHandBDHDined on 2/25/2014Limited menu but if you love a perfect steak, you won't be sorry. Comes with a price tag and located in a less than great location. Once inside, nice and friendly staff make you feel welcome. It's all about the steak for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place to dine!!!Gr8foodDined on 2/21/2014Absolutely great place for dining, food is fantastic! The crab cakes are to die for along with everything else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had higher hopes...SteakorbreakDined on 2/21/2014I've heard a lot about Shula's and was hoping it would be what I expected. It wasn't. The food was good, not amazing. You could get as good of food at Texas Roadhouse or other like restaurants. I wouldn't go back until they improve they're customer service. Waiter didnt know anything about the menu, slow to refill drinks, not very friendly. I expect more when I'm paying $60 + for a meal.
- Valentines dinnerWelovefoodDined on 2/14/2014Great place! The food was delicious and service was great! Extra point for the single rose upon arrival. We were glad that we didn't have to wait for seating, especially since we had reservations. Great experience for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. We had theGopokesDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food. We had the blackened scallop appetizer and the Ahi Tuna appetizer. Both smaller portions but outstanding taste. We were a party of 3 and had the filet, the daily fish special and the chicken almondine entrees. Again, all outstanding. Overall, very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KaryVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service even on the busy day of Valentines Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDonaldDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our Valentine's dinner at Schula"s 347 in West Valley City, UT. The food was very good, The service was great and the prices were fair. I recommend you give this restaurant at try.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Took my wife here. I have fish that was pretty good. She ordered a steak that was very bland so seasoning. Her potatoes were very dry. I expected a little more. Waitress was nice but food lacked.
- Memorable Valentine's DayRomeoRiderDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentine's Day and the food was amazing! Our server was fast and our meal was well paced. The scallops melt in your mouth and the spinach and artichoke dip puts other restaurants to shame. When they brought out the creme brule I know that I scored major points with my wife. We will most definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedValentine2dineDined on 2/14/2014Food portions too small. No warm bread for the table. Which would have been helpful when they lose your dinner order as they must have done with ours. At least 5 tables that came in after us had their dinners and we were still waiting some were the exact same dinner. After one hour of waiting for meal we asked manager and they did apologize and paid for our dinner. But we weren't impressed and will not be going back. For the price you pay and the only thing they give good size portions of are mashed potatoes and they weren't that great. Dry n warm at best
- We had a very pleasant diningdining4usDined on 2/14/2014We had a very pleasant dining experience at Schula's. It was everything we would expect for a special night out as well as casual dining. The atmosphere is pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valenties dinner at shulas in westOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014service was great ! food was awsome ! I will be back soon, Im looking forward to trying other menu items.Special Features:
- Great steakwvclocalDined on 1/25/2014One of the best filet mignon in town, if not THE best. Almost melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner at Shula's 347JopeffropeyDined on 1/24/2014My wife and I dined with friends for the first time at Shula's 347 grill. The food was excellent. The wait staff was very polite and attentive. The bacon wrapped shrimp with bbq sauce is excellent. My wife ordered the filet and said it was one of the best she has eaten. My halibut with chili sauce was also excellent. We had a great night of food and friendly conversation. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicereadsbooksDined on 1/24/2014Don Shula's restaurants set a high bar for quality of food and service. Shula's 347 is the little brother of the Shula's steakhouses, but they certainly have the same family traits. I will certainly return to enjoy the excellent food and service of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A last place finish for Shula'sLarrybVIPDined on 1/17/2014Having been to several of Shula's restaurants this one should be closed. It had the service and food quality you would expect in a diner. Priced similar to Mortons, Flemming or Capital Grille, the food was barely a step over a hospital but with less flavor.
- Just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2014The look is nice, the service very strong, but the food is just marginal. Three of us had a business lunch. Our server was fantastic. She recommended the blue cheese covered chips. Soggy and drenched in sauce. Bambara has Salt Lake Market cornered for homemade chips. The split pea soup was too salty. The steak sandwich is average, not what would be expected for a higher end steak house. Could be good at some point, just not now.
- real nice employees greatGeorgeDined on 12/31/2013real nice employees great food,this is west valleys best resturant bye far,i had the cowboy steak my wife had another steak both were great cooked just right very tender well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday dinnerSteveDined on 12/13/2013We thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience. Our server was extremely pleasant, attentive and knowledgable. The steaks were done just right and very tender. The key lime pie was "to die for"! We would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great andCRUISEDined on 11/23/2013The service was great and the food delicious. However, there was a mistake when I ordered the blackened scallops for $12.00 but received the scallop meal for $24.00. I had only had them once and didn't think that they were black but figured that they must have changed the recipe I didn't realize the error until the bill came. I hadn't even seen the other one on the menu because we were there for a quick and reasonably priced meal for lunch with girlfriends. In the future, if it is lunch time, I would remind the servers to ask if they are ordering from the appetizers menu or the entrée menu. I was shocked that my bill came to $31.00 (I had ordered the buffalo chips for the group) but had to act like it was all okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get much worse...EvilHomerVIPDined on 11/9/2013I don't know how anyone could have given this place 5 stars. I would be scared feeding this food to my dogs. Dinner hour and there were only 4 patrons in the restaurant (no staff was present when we arrived). It took 10 minutes before we were offered a beverage. It took another 30 minutes after that to receive appetizers. Seared Ahi tuna was cooked to medium and Crab cakes appeared to have been reused from the night before. 20 minutes later...Filet was pan fried, not grilled (prepared Pittsburgh style as they describe it). Mgr tried to tell me it was grilled, which really got under my skin. When you grill a steak, it leaves grill marks; the only marks this had was gristle from the griddle (not grill). Left hungry, will never repeat!!!
- Best of West Valley CityKathrynDined on 10/10/2013Excellent in every way. I loved it and I am looking forward to going back. I had FRESH Halibut and was fabulous! Very nice wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionEalasaidDined on 9/21/2013I think the title speaks for itself. The menu is what caught my eye and everything else was a bonus. The staff was wonderful and did not rush us. You could tell they not only take good care of their customers but their staff as well. There was a party going on for one of the employee's family and it was still very quiet. We will most definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for fine diningdinnerDined on 9/10/2013Very nice for fine dining events. Waiter was very attentive and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Restaurantcactusjack801Dined on 9/8/2013I had never looked into Shula's aside from seeing the sign as I passed by, but a great Amazon Local deal came up and I decided to give it a try. I absolutely loved it and will certainly be back. I do not typically enjoy sports grills, purely for the excessive rowdiness that commonly accompanies the sports grill atmosphere. This is another story. The music was calm and excellent for an upscale restaurant, and the food was awesome. I sat in for dinner from the "Shula Cut" menu, and the cuts were truly superb. Even as a lunch destination the selection of food is great, and my service was prompt and very courteous. As an added bonus, they are open until 1, making it a nice alternative to the typical late night dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerdmoon2Dined on 9/6/2013My wife and i decided to spend our second annivwrsary dinner at schulas 347 grill.she ordered the fillet mingon and i the cowboy cut steak. They were both outstanding. The best steaks weve had. We also ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp it was very good. The service was great the staff was very friendly and attentive. It made for a great anniversary dinner that we will remember fo years to come. Thank you for helping make a great anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak we've ever had.Lv2etDined on 9/5/2013Food was great. Seasoned to bring out the natural flavor of the food. Steak was very tender. Waiter took care of our every need, even asked if we had a dog at home before he took away the plate. When we said yes he came back with a container so we could take the steak bone home for the dog.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.