Shula's 347 Grill - Providence
21 Atwells Avenue
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's 347 Grill - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-347-grill-providence
- Phone: 4017090347
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Hatfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pre-fix menus available for private dining room.
- Private Party Facilities: "The Winning Edge" is our private dining space that can handle groups up to 30 people. Warm wood finishes compliment our room directly off the main dining room. Full audio visual equipment available for meetings. Off menu dining, Pre-fix menus or custom menus from our Chef. Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Other function rooms available with-in the Hilton hotel.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Kenahan 4014279518x
- Entertainment: Music provided by satellite radio, and an array of televisions in the dining room and the bar and lounge for viewing. Direct TV NFL Sports package during winter months.
A word from Shula's 347 Grill - Providence
Shula's 347 is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach, Don Shula. The winningest Coach in NFL history, with 347 career victories! Shula's 347 follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula's Steak Houses. Shula's 347 has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef burgers and the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT steaks. The atmosphere is casual and full of energy, which includes a high impact bar, dark woods and a stunning video system. High-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, pigskin walls, granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a socializing hot spot with wine and martinis for business types, groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's 347 Grill - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, the waitress seemed awkward, nice woman but out of her element. The ambience was like a hotel bar, not what I expected , Ruth Chris has a much more elegant style. This really isn't a special place to dine, probably because it's in a hotel and the dining room is like a corridor. The meal was good but the atmosphere didn't feel special at all, and the waitress wasn't secure in her dealings with patrons.
- Good food and serviceMichelleVIPDined on 6/28/2014The restaurant was completely dead on a Saturday night. I don't know why because the food and service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location.. Attentive staffGaryDined on 6/20/2014Good food, attentive and friendly staff in a great location.. Matt our waitir was AAAA+++. Will definitely go back with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKSteaksRmeDined on 6/13/2014Schulas 347 aspires to be a top notch steakhouse, but isn't quite there. The service was very good, but the steak is not up to the level of other first rate places. My son and I both had the "cowboy" ribeye. Very tender, cooked med rare, but was pre salted a little too much in my opinion. It was good, but not worth the $38.00 price. I have had much better at Capitol Grille, and Ruth's Chris for about the same price. The steak was more like you would get at Texas road house type of place. Again, it was good, but just priced a little too high for the quality of the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Apparently when we checked in the hostess didn't register on her computer we had made a reservation through you. We did in fact have a reservation and enjoyed our dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014This place should be on everyone's list of the "under $50 for 2" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Shula's 347 Grill - Providence reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014typical hotel restaurant but food better. not much action /
- Repeat visit and just as good..NYVan66Dined on 4/11/2014Usually I shy away from chain restsurants in hotels, but this is a memorable exception. Friendly server, outstanding service, great drinks, interesting apps and perfectly prepared food. I will return and will not only recommend it, but will look for other Shula's in my travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014not very busy for lunch so we got in an out with ease. Burgers are awesome!
- FOOD NOT THAT GREAT...GOOD WAITRESSRob1764VIPDined on 3/16/2014First time here. The location right at the Hilton and next to the Dunk makes it convenient to people in the area. We ordered the 8oz Filet Mignon and the 14 oz NY Strip...both medium, which means pink center. When the steaks arrived, they were more medium well...no pink center. The manager asked to cut into the steak to make sure it was to our liking, we noticed that there was no pink in the center...but we decided to just go ahead and eat them. They were not tender, not juicy. For dessert we ordered the Dulce de Leche cheesecake and the key lime pie....none of them were very good..... the dulce de leche tasted more like molten toffee than caramel. The key lime pie was very very sour...Special Features:
- Great steak & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2014Had an amazing 16oz Cajun Cowboy steak, it melted in my mouth! Matt was a great server, very attentive and paired a wine perfectly with our meal. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions Need To Be LargerMikeDined on 3/1/2014Great food and nice Ambience, unfortuately the Portion size has a lot to be desired for the amount your paying to eat here. Appitizers especially are very small portions, & so are the Non Meat dishes. One thing I found odd, no bread was served at this location. As far as the quality of the food goes it was excellent, just not enough of it. Being a Don Shula & Dolphins Fan all my life I really liked the memorabilia on the walls & on display. If your looking for a high end Steak House where you get the same quality of food but a lot more of it for the same prices, go to Fred & Steves Steak House at Twin River.Special Features:
- Reasonable prices and optionsAndreaDined on 2/28/2014Shulas may be known for steak but this restaurant offers a variety of options other than steak. Their burgers are amazing as well as their seafood. And the chef selected sides are creative and delicious. I have sat at the bar many times to enjoy an ice cold beer and a burger but my last experience brought me into the dining room. I had the sea scallops entrée which I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Avoid it on a game nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2014The hostess was curt even though we had reservation. The food was slow coming out of the kitchen. The server tried to be attentive but also slow. They could not seem to handle the crowd on a PC game night.
- Great Food after the gameStonehamSpeedRacerDined on 2/16/2014Want to get a good dinner after seeing the Providence Bruins game. Made the reservation, and got right in. Food was timely, atmosphere was great. Service was prompt and witty. Portions were reasonable. Everyone had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's Beats All; Best Steak !ManilowFanDined on 2/16/2014Short and sweet...Once you have had a Shula's steak - Filet mignon, Sirloin, Cowboy or Porterhouse - you will never want or settle for anything else. Shula's steaks are by far more flavorful and tender. Pairings of fresh salad, baked potato, and fresh asparagus make for a complete and fulfilling meal. Complement your dinner with an excellent mixed drink or choose from a selection of reasonably priced wine. My wife and I are Big Shula's fans...try Miami, Naples and Providence: All are fantastic! Bon Appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Romantic DateDinnerDateDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant offers great food, great service and an energetic environment! Their prices are excellent for the quality of food and service which you are receiving. I highly recommend Shula's 347 Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food, not the noisePhilMDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I decided to get away and go for an overnight to Providence. Since a few of the notable nearby Italian restaurants were booked, and we knew it would be snowing very hard, we decided to try Shula's at our hotel. We split a wonderful salad. I had the tuna and my wife had a delicious fish sandwich. We really enjoyed all of the food. It was also notable that a number of staff came over at various times during our visit. It was, however, not the relaxing dinner at a nice restaurant that we had expected. There had to be about 150 or more boys staying at the hotel for a hockey tournament. Unfortunately, a group of boys near us went from a little loud to bar-like rowdy. Anyway, we may return, but not for a quiet evening. dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's is a good steakhouse.GreatRestaurantVIPDined on 2/14/2014Shula's is a good steakhouse. With prices similar to other high-end steakhouses, Shula's is subpar in terms of service and overall restaurant energy. The food is similar to high-end steakhouses.
- Delicious every timeAKV79Dined on 2/14/2014Had yet another wonderful meal at Shula's for Valentine's Day! Steak and lobster outstanding. You can't go wrong no matter what you choose from their delicious menu. Can't wait to head back again next time we are in RI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The experience was excellent dinner. Was great. Definitely a place to continue to dine atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewFrankDined on 2/14/2014Everyone at Shulas Prov. does a Fantastic Job!!!!!!!!!! Special note to Gregg, Craig, Devon a Big Thank You and Managers are all about Customer Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met expectationsbigmnyjDined on 2/14/2014As expected, food was good, as expected from prior reviews. Menu was just a bit limited but understandable given it being a steak house. Most impressive and I mean really impressive was the staff. From the maitre d to our wonderful server Andre, the level of maturity and confidence of these young professionals was really nice to experience. All very polite and respectful, Andre had a very nice disposition, was professional at all times and knew the wine list exceptionally well. It's easy for a less than stellar server to make the dinning experience very forgetable. While the food was very good yet by no means exceptional, we'd return as it was a comfortable, professional environment and this suggests very consistant quality of productI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal before a gameOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2014We were a bit late for our reservation due to weather conditions but they had no problem accommodating us. We ordered sandwiches for a quick meal before a basketball game and we enjoyed them very much! Good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The service was outstanding. Food was cooked to perfection. The bernaise was cold and oddly flavored. The restaurant was a bit noisy. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksDoughboyVIPDined on 1/11/2014My wife and I went here for my birthday and had the Cowboy steak. It came with two sides. The steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were excellent. We also shared a Arugula salad that was more than enough for two people. The waiter was very pleasant and helpful. If you are looking for a good steak dinner I would recommend it. When you consider the sides you get it is a fair price for a quality steak.Special Features:
- Service was very good. GoodryandDined on 12/31/2013Service was very good. Good wine list. Boneless buffalo wings were the same exact as Applebee's offers. Prime rib special was not very flavorful. Mashed potatoes were excellent as we're the carrots.Special Features:
- All hotel restaurants should be....GinaDined on 12/27/2013All hotel restaurants should be this good! Very impressed. We were in a rush to make a performance of "Wicked" at the Providence Theater. Our waiter was totally on top of things and got us out the door in perfect time. We would return for sure if in the area again.Special Features:
- Good place to dine beforehappycamperDined on 12/18/2013Good place to dine before attending a show nearby. Food was excellent, service attentive, and conveniently located in downtown Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything just clicked!SuMacDined on 12/17/2013Three of my college mates and spouses got together for dinner and a PC bbal game. This had been planned for about two months and despite the weather we forged ahead. I requested a round table for better conversation and it was provided ~ everyone stayed involved in the conversation. Most of us ordered burgers, they were served as requested and very good. Our waitress was very attentive, very patient, and there to answer any questions. We were enjoying ourselves so much we almost decided to forego the game. We would absolutely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good,restaurant, great foodKh669Dined on 12/14/2013Food was delicious. The service was a little slow. The room was a bit cold. Overall it was a good experience and I would go back if I was in the area. Very convenient for a pre- show dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slower than usualsader1970Dined on 12/13/2013Service was slower than usual and food was good but not up to past performance and certainly not worth the premiere steakhouse prices. Been there many times before and they can and have done better. Uncharacteristically noisey due to a young girls hockey team there. Wanted a quiet booth which matre d' obliged but hostess was going to seat us at a table near soccer team. We and matre d' fixed that but still too noisey. Wedge salad great and bigger than remembered from past visits. Wife's chicken Milanese not to her liking and covered with greens and said had she known, she would not have ordered a Caesar salad. My fillet was good but not great.Special Features:
- nice location next to civic centerprocmanDined on 11/23/2013went to dinner after a Jeff Dunham show at the DD center,very convenient & beautiful environment. Had a reservation seated right away and after 10 minutes finally the waiter came over and took the drink order, didn't see our drinks for another 10 min. after complaining to our waiter things got better and the food was good.
- great locationboaterDined on 11/9/2013we enjoyed the meal and the service, and the Dunkin Donuts Center is right next door: great meal, easy walk to the concertSpecial Features:
- Before The DunkEltonSteveDined on 11/9/2013Saw Elton John Show at the Dunk, booked a reservation online the day before, it worked out great. The place was mobbed, i think the staff was a bit overwhelmed but they handles it. It took about 15 minutes after my reservation to get seated, but the service was good and the food came quick. I great pre-show or pre-game stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shiula's delivered - againMichael2131Dined on 11/9/2013Another excellent dining experience. The restaurant called Saturday morning to confirm our reservation. We had a 6:30 reservation and were a few minutes early. The bar was loaded and the overflow was into the hotel, but we were seated immediately. Service was prompt, friendly, and professional. The food was excellent (entrees were the Seared Ahi Tuna and Chicken Milanese). It was a very busy night in downtown Providence with Water Fire, Elton John next door at the Dunkin' Center (we came for a pre-concert dinner), and Beer Fest. That did not adversely affect the service and quality of the food and the overall experience was what we have experienced in the past. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013I probably could have given it a outstanding, but the dessert (carrot cake) was a little dry. It sounded like it was going to be this outstanding 5 layer cake, that really wasn't. The ladies had salmon and I had a steak sandwich. Salads and soup first. The meal was excellent and the staff was outstanding. Service was great. It works well if you are going to an event at the Dunkin Center. Short walk and valet parking at the hotel. Easy in and out. I would do it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping pre-concert restaurant!CarolineVIPDined on 11/9/2013We went there for dinner before a concert. The server told us immediately that the bar was slammed (which it was) and that the drinks will be a few more moments. We ordered the arugula salad which was HUGE. Thank goodness we only ordered one salad to share! My date ordered the filet mignon medium and I ordered the ahi tuna rare. BOTH came out well done! While we were in a rush, we felt we didn't want to pay the price for a bad meal, so we called the server over. Immediately, she saw that both meals were overcooked, and promised to have replacements out within a few moments. When the meals came out again, they were PERFECT and delicious. This is why I gave this restaurant a 4 stars, otherwise, it would have been a 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Squashed seatingkateDined on 11/9/2013We have been to Shula's on a number of occasions and have enjoyed the proximity of the restaurant to the arena where we would be attending a concert or sport event. We always felt the food was very good, and this night was no exception. The service, was adequate. And generally the wait for dinner to arrive was always fairly long. However, on this occasion we had booked for a party of six and were never told that it would be difficult for them to accommodate us. Upon arrival, we were seated in a booth which was very tight and uncomfortable. It was not meant for six average adults. No effort was made to reseat us even as they watched two of our company struggle to stay seated at the open edge of the booth. We will not return.
- Excellent service and foodjdc6458Dined on 11/9/2013Great place to have dinner before catching a show, love their steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.