Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside
235 East Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-347-grill-norfolk
- Phone: 7572826347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Fare: Friday & Saturday 11:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Kenny Edmonds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: I
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's private dining room, "The Perfect Season" can accommodate groups of up to 35 fans, including private social occasions, special events, business groups, holiday parties or board meetings. Shula's team helps you design a group menu customized for entertaining of all types, including signature appetizers and salads, Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks, with Shula's custom cuts and aging, fresh seafood to address all taste buds, and desserts fit for a head coach. Fans enjoy the comfort, style, and atmosphere you would only expect from NFL's winningest coach, Don Shula.
- Private Party Contact: David Esbenshade 7576286502x
- Entertainment: Back ground music: Jazz
Flat panel TV's showing sports and news only. (Please note there is no sound on the TV's except Superbowl Sunday.)
A word from Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside
Shula's 347 is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach, Don Shula- The Coach with the most wins in NFL history, with 347 career victories! Shula's 347 follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula's Steak Houses. Shula's 347 has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef® burgers and the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT ® steaks. The atmosphere is casual and full of energy, which includes a high impact bar, dark woods and a stunning video system. High-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, pigskin walls, granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a socializing hot spot with wine and martinis for business types, groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Father's Day GalaCynpDined on 6/16/2013My Husband quite enjoys Shula's. This was our second Father's day family dinner here. Everyone enjoyed the meal, service and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealSteveDined on 6/6/2013Went with friends from our ship reunion and enjoyed a top shelf meal in an upscale relaxing environment. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodCharlesDined on 5/30/2013Steaks were great. BBQ shrimp with bacon was tasty. Expensive for the good food. However they do have great burgers and other options at lower prices. Nice place but more sports bar met fine dining than Ruth Chris. Service was friendly and attentive. Be prepared to drop 190 bucks for 3 if you get steaks with a bottle of ok wine w tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Great restaurant our awesome waiter Connor made it a very nice mothers day. The food was incredible as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to place for celebrations!FoodieDined on 5/12/2013We go here a few times a year and absolutely love it every time. Great food, great atmosphere and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's NorfolkwinuglyDined on 5/2/2013As usual, the steak was excellent and prepared to perfection. Similar to Shula's full steak houses but entrees come with sides and the restaurant also serves as the Marriott Hotel Bar. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- This was my second time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013This was my second time and I went for prom. Everything was amazing-food was delicious, service was friendly, and the ambiance made it a night to remember! My date and I had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever had!ESinVBDined on 4/26/2013Can't talk enough about the food! Ordered the Shula cut strip steak and it was spectacular (as always). It was juicy, tender and melted in my mouth! Cudos to the chef! The service was great, too. Very attentive and friendly. Went for a birthday celebration. Had a great time. Only thing missing was the usual offer of a desert to celebrate the day. Wish we had ordered the special Carrot Cake, it's the best around town. Maybe next time. Note: Go early, make a reservation. It's convention time and Shula's is a hot spot. Get a booth if you can, so comfy.Special Features:
- Great for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Went here for a birthday dinner with five friends. Service was amazing, they were so nice and had to-the-point recommendations.Special Features:
- Excellent all around - a definateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Excellent all around - a definate place to return to.Special Features:
- The service was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013The service was fantastic from the momemt we arrived. The steaks were fantastic, and our entire party had a great time.Special Features:
- Great Steaks and ServiceHBPLVIPDined on 3/17/2013Without a doubt, Shula's 347 has the best steaks in town and great, personable service! Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Service at Lunch - not lateSiloDELISHVIPDined on 3/2/2013Went here for lunch this week while staying at the Marriott and loved it. The food was pretty good, the Rusty Nail was perfect, and the service by Connor was simply awesome!!! Our server was a young man named Connor and he was so good that it made us come back the next night after a wedding reception with the wedding party -12 of us. A cocktail waitress was serving the group. I got there after drinks were placed and asked bartender for drink. she refused - said use the waitress! Peeved me. 5 minutes an no waitress so I went back AGAIN and ordered while handing my credit card over. The scowling female bartender made my drink finally. I recommend going if you can get Connor to serve you but to avoid the bar area as the service isn't as good.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013NY strip was a good steak but not a $35 steak, which in my mind should be on par with a real steak house where they dry age and cut their own meat. This is no where close to a great steak house. The side of brocolini was steamed. That's it. And it wasn't that hot when it got to the table. No seasoning, special preparation, sauce, or presentation. Just steamed. The server was friendly and she did a good job but was not of the caliber you'd expect. That was basically the story with every aspect of the meal. It was decent, but decent is less than I expected. Maybe this is place is good for Norfolk, but I can't imagine it competing in any other downtown I've been to.
- Great Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Had an awesome Valentines dinner with my bride of 36 years. The service and food was top both for Shula's 347 and I've eaten at 5 of the other resturants including Shulas Original the week before. Get the Bone-in Cowboy....you can't go wrong!! I will return again!!Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was great! Spent a night at the Marriott decided to dine at Shula's.Special Features:
- This was a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013This was a good experience. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable. I believe they helped to make my husband's birthday a great one.Special Features:
- Always excellent filet mignon.LonnieLDined on 1/26/2013Always excellent filet mignon. Service was great and overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- It's a glorified sports bar.trywineDined on 1/22/2013It's a glorified sports bar. Not what I was expecting but the food was excellent and the service was amazing!!Special Features:
- Best steak in town!ESinVBDined on 1/22/2013We went for Restaurant Week and were NOT disappointed! The food, as always, was superb! The service was terrific and the waiter courteous and friendly! The steak was so tender and juicy, it was like a hot knife slicing thru butter! We always enjoy Shula's and look forward to going again.Special Features:
- So lets be honest. The steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013So lets be honest. The steaks were great. They had a few other gems as well (a friend of mine ordered the blue cheese chips. He said they were amazing. I can't stand blue cheese, so I wouldn't know. He also says the ahi tuna appetizer was OK but not great). I really liked the layout of the restaurant. It seems like if it were really busy you would have your own space and not feel crowded. At the same time, it's rather awkward sitting in a booth and having your server reach over you to drop drinks or silverware. It can feel rather awkward if you are wearing a low cut shirt. I woudln't recommend this for a romantic outing, but if you're going out with friends for a few martinis and a steak this place is great!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013We really enjoyed our evening at Shula's 347. The food was great, as was the service and ambiance. Thanks for a grreat restaurant. We will definietly be going back.Special Features:
- Our Waiter was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Our Waiter was outstanding! He was attentative without being overbearing. The food was delicious. I prefer my steak well done and it was still VERY tender. Veggies were steamed to perfection. We have told everyone we know of our wonderful experience.Special Features:
- 5 star food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Excellent preparation of quality ingredients. Personalized service begins the moment you arrive at the door and doesn't end until you depart.Special Features:
- I went here for New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012I went here for New Years Eve with my boyfriend, the food was excellent, the service was outstanding, and the ambiance was terrific. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always enjoy dinning at Shula's...fOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Always enjoy dinning at Shula's...food and service consistent!Special Features:
- Overall disappointedFoodie757Dined on 12/15/2012Food was OK, but as they are known for their steaks, I was expecting much better. I had the Cowboy steak, the 16oz bone in sirloin, which had a fair amount of grissel and tough tendinous material through the steak, requiring much trimming, leaving far less good steak remaining to eat. My main disappointment was the service. We have dined here before, and the service is usually impeccable. Perhaps we had a new waiter who doesn't know the drill (Conner). He was not well versed on the menu, made a couple mistakes on the order, was not attentive to the table, and I couldn't get his attention for quite some time at several points when we needed something. This ruined the entire dining experience for me, not sure if we will be back.
- We loved the comfortable feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2012We loved the comfortable feeling of this place – tasteful and personable. We will definitely return. My wife had Filet Mignon Oscar. I had a Filet Mignon w/Smashed Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus. I ordered the Red Onion Jam for my steak (also came w/ Béarnaise) but it was perfect without either condiment. While my steak was perfect by itself, the Oscar added a savory dimension. We shared the Five Layer Carrot Cake and it was second best I ever had (my best friend makes the best). Service was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012My experience was great! My second time there & it was just as delightful as the first time. I made reservations.for my fiancé's birthday! Lets just say, he was not disappointed! They had the table prepared so elegantly! The food was priceless!Special Features:
- We've visited this restaurantNSwmsbgVIPDined on 11/17/2012We've visited this restaurant many times and have always experienced good consistent food and service.Special Features:
- We attempted to have a workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012We attempted to have a work dinner on a Thursday evening and Shula's turned out to be a very poor choice. The sound from the lively bar area was very distracting in the upstairs restaurant area. We heard Shula's was known for steaks, so all in our party of 5 ordered steaks with mixed results. One steak was incredibly undercooked and the refire took almost the entire dinner to get back from the kitchen. Needless to say, Shula's is off our list for future client dinners.Special Features:
- Our table was not quite readyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2012Our table was not quite ready when we arrived a few minutes early so we went to wait in the bar. Even though it was a very busy night at the restaurant and the bar was packed the hostess made sure to find us as soon as our table was ready. The server was very good.
- Great spot to celebrate myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2012Great spot to celebrate my husband's birthday. The lighting was low and ambience romantic enough but still enjoyable for our teenage son who was with us because he got to watch sports on the tv and wasn't bored hanging out with mom and dad. Great fit for us. And of course the food was delicious, the wine great, and the service was impecable!Special Features:
- Excellent customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Excellent customer service and healthy portions. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- You all out done yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012You all out done yourself on the day of our visit. Service was wonderful as well as the food.Special Features:
- Elegant! Rich dark woodsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Elegant! Rich dark woods throughout. Entering through the Marriott lobby is also a visual treat. It has an old world charm. Ribeye and Red Snapper were excellent. Very flavorful Cesar salad. Afterward, cross the street for a walk on the waterfront. (This part of Norfolk isn't scary.) We rode the ferry just for fun.Special Features:
- The place for Steak!ESinVBDined on 8/17/2012If you want steak, this is the place to go. We ususally go for lunch and order the Steak Caesar Salad. YUMMMMMM!Special Features:
- this was the first time iOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012this was the first time i had ever been to shulas347 and it will not be the last.the service was excellent. our server,armondo, was extremely polite, knowledgeable and happy to help us with our selections and answer any questions we had.the wait for our dinner was not long. we were never without tea or water.the aount of food for the price was excellent. i had to take part of mine with me because i could not finish it.it was a very nice experience and i will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Exceptional service, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012Exceptional service, great food with beautiful decor. I hope to dine there more often in the future.Special Features:
- The food was great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2012The food was great as always. The Restaurant Week menu advertised a 6 oz steak but appeared to be between 2-3 oz. Portion was a bit disappointing however food quality and service was good.Special Features: