Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside
235 East Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-347-grill-norfolk
- Phone: 7572826347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Fare: Friday & Saturday 11:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Kenny Edmonds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: I
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's private dining room, "The Perfect Season" can accommodate groups of up to 35 fans, including private social occasions, special events, business groups, holiday parties or board meetings. Shula's team helps you design a group menu customized for entertaining of all types, including signature appetizers and salads, Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks, with Shula's custom cuts and aging, fresh seafood to address all taste buds, and desserts fit for a head coach. Fans enjoy the comfort, style, and atmosphere you would only expect from NFL's winningest coach, Don Shula.
- Private Party Contact: David Esbenshade 7576286502x
- Entertainment: Back ground music: Jazz
Flat panel TV's showing sports and news only. (Please note there is no sound on the TV's except Superbowl Sunday.)
A word from Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside
Shula's 347 is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach, Don Shula- The Coach with the most wins in NFL history, with 347 career victories! Shula's 347 follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula's Steak Houses. Shula's 347 has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef® burgers and the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT ® steaks. The atmosphere is casual and full of energy, which includes a high impact bar, dark woods and a stunning video system. High-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, pigskin walls, granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a socializing hot spot with wine and martinis for business types, groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Spectacular!MHolley2158Dined on 8/31/2014Food came quickly and was amazing. Steaks cooked exact and food was still hot when it came to the table. The waitress was new and you could tell, but she worked very hard and was very attentative! The manager stopped by to check on us and wished me a happy birthday, which was awesome! Great job Shulas!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steaks and Service Were Great!!justjimDined on 7/19/2014We went to the Norfolk Jazz Festival with friends. Shula's was conveniently located in the hotel in which we stayed. The service was excellent and the steaks were great. The ambience does not lend itself to an intimate dinner for two, but for groups it is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, Service LackingPaKettleDined on 7/19/2014Food, for the most part, was good considering that we had sandwiches (go for rthe steak and not the recommended club) so the hots were few. Cold fries and unequal service made for a just OK meal for five, and with the restaurant nearly empty. Server's cell phone went off when taking our orders, and she tried to play it off like it was a customer's left in the store. Wrong; they'd just opened. Met the new manager, Jeff, who will hear from us in person shortly about the same comments made here as he stated that he wanted input. Lots of options in and around downtown that we'll exercise before returning here.Special Features:
- FoodieplusDined on 6/4/2014The steak was superior! The wine list was very good and the service was good. No restaurant can have better filet cooked top perfection. The accompanying veggies were a great surprise and delighted us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!FoodieDined on 5/29/2014I absolutely love this place. Great staff from the valet, to the hostesses, to the wait staff, to the managers and the chefs!! The old and new, excellent. The food is impeccable!, This place is a must try...Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Shula's 347 Grill at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside reviews archive.
- DisappointedHeelz1Dined on 5/17/2014Had 7:30 reservation, got there, waited 7 minutes before anyone came to the hostess stand. We were seated & waited 13 minutes before anyone acknowledged we were there (we almost walked out). The waitress was nice, but a little pushy. I know her job is to sell, so I'll give her a pass. the service was just SO slow, we got there at 7:30, left at 9:15. That's OK I guess if you are having some cocktails, but we just wanted to eat. the noise level in that place was out of control. I was there for my 11th yr anniversary & I felt like I was at a frat party. The prices on the menu do not reflect what the atmosphere should be like.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014Enjoyed a nice birthday dinner with hubby and friend on a Friday night. The food and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunchvbaxt001Dined on 5/5/2014I invited a coworker there, and I must say it was the perfect choice for lunch. Service was great, wasn't too crowded, great little ambiance. I liked it a lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We ate lunch on a Saturday at 1:30 and the place was almost empty. We were a table of 4, and there were a few people at the bar. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The food was good. I was a bit shocked how empty the restaurant was.
- Great food and service. EasyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Great food and service. Easy to make a reservation. Waitress and bartender were knowledgable, courteous, and provided excellent service. Will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- First dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Checked the dress code before making reservations, it stated business casual so I was slightly surprised to see shorts, sneakers and T-shirts when I was seated. The staff was nice, very accommodating but the food was just average and the filet mignon was butterflied to insure it was prepared medium well....Unfortunately, they burned it. The vegetables were fresh but the mac & cheese was rather tasteless. I expected a lot of sports memorabilia, so I wasn't surprised, it defined the establishment as a nice bar...not an upscale eatery. Overall, I felt slightly let down by the food, sorry.Special Features:
- Best steak in town!lloydcc78Dined on 4/4/2014The Shula cut has to be the best cut of beef out there. I have visited this location twice and I have been impressed both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Shula's 347ESinVBDined on 4/2/2014We are regular patrons at Shula's 347 and try to go as often as we can. When my husband received his annual Birthday Gift from Shula's 347 we made arrangements to go right away. Everyone is always very friendly and welcomed us immediately. The best Crab Soup around started the meal, followed by Shula's special cut of steaks. It did not disappoint! Even my husbands NY Strip, ordered medium well, was like a hot knife cutting through butter. The only negative was that our most favorite dessert, the Carrot Cake, was not on the menu that night. So sad!!!! We always get a slice to take home and savor for a special treat. But, the Key Lime Pie was really tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surprise!javajunkieDined on 3/22/2014We weren't sure what to think when we walked in at 7p to an empty dining room. For whatever reason, this area just isn't really busy, and has never quite "hit" from what I've seen. Nonetheless, so glad we chose this. After an afternoon of shopping at MacArthur & with a lack of good restaurants in there, we figured we would give Shula's a try. Happily, this restaurant is a great point between all out dressed to the nines fine dining & the average local steakhouse. And the service? OUTSTANDING! Tempest is a great asset & we will definitely ask for her again. Food was great, service was great, what else could you ask for? Okay, so the TVs detract slightly from the atmosphere, but not enough to keep me away. Touchdown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Good food and service. No bread was served with dinner. A little odd since meals were a little pricey. The noise level was a bit much. We were upstairs and the noise from the bar traveled up. Had to strain to hear fellow dinners. However, I guess that meant they were having a good night. We liked the fact that they had let the valet service know we were getting the bill and would soon be ready for our car. It was waiting for us at the door. Great on that cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014My wife and I have been dining at Shula's the last four years on Valentines Day. We love the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak in NorfolkJayWDined on 2/14/2014Without a doubt the best steak in Norfolk. The she-crab soup is also very good, to bad it is not served everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's all about the steakdirectmatrixDined on 2/8/2014The number one reason to dine here is that you can get a high quality cut of meat for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes....?MC219VIPDined on 2/4/2014While the steaks were enjoyed by everyone, the portions seem to be shrinking of late. This was my third meal at this location over the past few months and on this particular evening the NY Strip Steaks 'seemed' to have shrunk in size by at least 25%. Don't get me wrong, everyone thought they tasted great and quite honestly, less was undoubtedly healthier - but we wondered if this was a cost-cutting measure on the part of management, but still with the high price this establishment charges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food starting to go downhillWNP3Dined on 1/31/2014Great staff and nice ambiance although several of the booth seats have experienced heavy - some of the springs have sprung. The disturbing aspect of this place, though, is that the food has consistently gone downhill over the five times we have been here. On this last occasion, all 4 of us ordered steak from the "Shula's Cut" section -- supposedly the best meat and quite a bit more expensive than the normal meat on the menu. All of our steaks were very tough and had obviously been FROZEN -- they had that unmistakeable taste that all of us at the table recognized. I used to rank this restaurant a little below Ruth's Chris and on a par with Norfolk Chophouse and Riverstone but now it is definitely at the bottom of that list. It's a shame.Special Features:
- Great place!IeatalotDined on 1/28/2014They were the only place open during the snowstorm. I SO glad they were! Food was great and service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice resterauntOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014My wife and I had dinner to celebrate our anniversary. There were several groups there that were being loud. We were seated away from the groups on the third floor in a corner booth wich mitigated the noise. Our server was very attentive and the food was excellent and we recieved a desert for free as a thank you for celbrating our anniversary there.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013I was impressed with the customer service from the time I walked into the restaurant from the time I left. This was my first time and it will not be my last. The food was excellent. Staff was attentive. I will come back to enjoy other items from the menuSpecial Features:
- Food and service was good...highGil1Dined on 12/13/2013Food and service was good...high priced, but not good for a romantic dinner. Loud and dining area is a little rundown.Special Features:
- excellent diningfamilydinerDined on 11/23/2013This is a rare but wonderful find with a balance between good food and family friendly. While they do not have a specific menu for children, they have choices that were kid-friendly and seemed willing to modify them slightly to make them more appeasing to a young palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's NorfolkChuckraymondDined on 11/14/2013Service was friendly but very slow. iceberg wedge was very small and tomatoes virtually non existentSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnermikeDined on 10/30/2013Went to Shula's for birthday dinner. Recommend sign up for their Team Shula and you get a cupon for a free entree with the purchase of another. Steaks were very good. I had a nice glass of wine and my wife enjoyed her martini. Chocholate mousse cake for dessert. All were very good and service was freindly and pretty quick. the manager came by to chat also and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyWilde82Dined on 10/19/2013My wife and I were treated wonderfully and the food was fantastic! We will be going back many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversaryMassEaterDined on 10/12/2013About as good a filet mignon as I've ever had. Started with a nice Caesar salad. Wonderful roasted asparagus and loaded baked potato with the filet. My wife had a steak Oscar (filet and crab mix) that she loved. Since it was our anniversary, the restaurant gave us free dessert. My key lime pie was very good, though the filling had a pudding-like consistency rather than a cheesecake-like one that I prefer, and was not topped with whipped cream. My wife said her chocolate mousse cake was the best mousse cake she'd ever had. Great spot in a great city. Great, attentive service. Will happily return the next time I'm in Norfolk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2013Very good service but the food is overpriced for the quality.
- Nice restaurant in NorfolkAnnieEatsDined on 9/18/2013This is a typical steak house/sports bar. It was dark, and there were lots of TV's. That said, the staff was incredibly friendly, it was handicapped accessible, and an easy walk from our waterfront hotel. The filet with crab meat on top was delicious - very tender and flavorful, although pricey. My husband's sandwich was good, also. I would recommend it for a decent meal with something to appeal to everyone on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the steak was expectantlyMikeRDined on 9/8/2013While the steak was expectantly good the sides were substandard. Service was hindered by a rather large influx of people that should have been anticipated from the event schedule at the Marriott Hotel.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2013We went for my husband's birthday and had a wonderful dinner! The bar-b-que shrimp appetizer is delicious and highly recommended. The small caesar salad was big enough or us to share. We ordered the filet mignon and the cowboy steak both with grilled asparagus. He had sweet potato fries and I had their special smashed potatoes. We split the key lime pie for desert. The meal was fantastic! Our waiter was Johnny on the spot. We never had wait or were left unattended. We will definitely be going back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Effortbutterflie816Dined on 8/16/2013I appreciate on my birthday the manager taking time out to find out if we were doing well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2013Great restaurant and superb wine list. We both had the steaks which were cooked to a perfect medium rare, although my cowboy cut could have had a better char on the outside. The wine list to me was the standout. They have lots of labels that I rarely see on lists around the country. The big surprise was that they not only had Chandon's Pinot Meunier on the list but by the glass!! Unfortunately our joy was short lived as they were out of stock and had been for a while. Bummer. Instead we went with the Etude Cab. Yes, that's a totally different end of the spectrum, but as expected it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLEMstng50MandyDined on 8/3/2013We have been to several Shula's in Tampa and Miami and this one IS NO SHULAS! First, we were told the fryers were down, so it took away HALF of the starters/dinners out. We then settled in and order several rounds of drinks before ordering a bottle of wine, which was spilled mostly on the table rather than pouring it in the glass. Then dinner came and my "special of the night" Rock Fish was over cooked! Manager did come by and gave me a house salad for my troubles, but when my fish returned it had been reduced from two filets to one. Finally, we were going to order desert and were told that they were out of Crème Brule and that espresso was not available! We spent $360 between four people for one of the worst meals and experiences.Special Features:
- I took my young adult childrenTree3Dined on 7/26/2013I took my young adult children to Shula's to celebrate my birthday. All of the food was wonderful, especially the she-crab soup and filet. The waitress was so attentive and helpful. My birthday certificate said I get a free entree but they also gave me the soup and dessert at no charge - way beyond expectations! We will definitely go back there for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at shulas with friendsTarheelmomDined on 7/25/2013Everything we ordered was fabulous. We were a party of 6 (3 couples) and we all ordered different appetizers that were great! The BBQ shrimp were my favorite but the buffalo chips and spinach dip were awesome too! We all ordered steaks of different kinds and they were cooked perfectly. It was the best steak I have had in a long time! Our service was outstanding and we will all definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations metOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013Great filet crab special, everything was good, server attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteakLarryDined on 6/25/2013Great steak and sides, a little expensive in todays market and probably explains why it was so slow the night we came by. Server was knowledgeable polite and friendly. Staff was friendly and obviously enjoyed their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.