Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The Doubletree by Hilton (Independence)
6200 Quarry Lane
Independence, OH 44131Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The Doubletree by Hilton (Independence)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-2-cleveland
- Phone: 2169017852x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The Doubletree by Hilton (Independence)
Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The DoubleTree by Hilton is a hybrid sports-bar-to-casual-dining with more of an upscale menu. With Shula's 2 we offer SHULA CUT® steaks from our Shula's Steakhouse brand in smaller portions, newly introduced Certified Angus Beef® cuts, and the Certified Angus Beef® brand as a standard for all Shula Burgers®. Newer, more popular salads and fresh seafood address all taste buds. Appetizers and sides are simple, yet complimentary to the menu items. The bar area (a.k.a. "The Lounge") becomes the place for socializing, with wine and martinis for both the business type and groups/individuals looking for a warm atmosphere. For private dining and special events, there is a great variety and flexibility with the menu items, including limited and all-inclusive limited menus. The restaurant's look and design consists of some memorabilia and pictures celebrating local sports heroes and celebrities, including a 72 Dolphin jersey and helmet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The Doubletree by Hilton (Independence) - Best Restaurants in Independence ›
Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The Doubletree by Hilton (Independence) reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- a little offOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014we went in late afternoon. the asparagus was an unusual yellow color, perhaps they used preserved rather than fresh. that is a a bit disappointing since at this time of year fresh would be abundant. also i ordered the sweet potato fries, smash potatoes arrived. i pointed this out to my server [we were her only table] and she returned after the fries were cooked. unfortunately, they had put sugar on them... i believe that i they are going to do this the server should mention it when you place an order. i was also disappointed, that with a filet dinner there was a charge for a topping of onions and mushrooms, not a side portion- really at a steak house? my steak was not hot we were the only ones seated in this section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula,s scoresJosephDined on 8/14/2014Shula,s for my birthday dinner recently, i ordered the Texas tails which i have ordered in past visits and this serving was the best yet! The tenderloin tails were cooked a perfect medium and each piece was melt in your mouth tender, in addition to being a generous serving. The tails were served atop garlic mashers and i ordered onion rings in lieu of veg medley. My wife ordered catch of the day mahi-mahi sandwich which she enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Very good food, good service, overall a good experience, for a sports bar type restruant.
- Food is greatPapaandnanaDined on 8/1/2014The wait staff is knowledgable and pleasant alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Evening UnwindqualityseekeDined on 7/20/2014We wanted dinner.i was sooo tired of the same hum drum scene (not gonna mention establishments). I suggested Shula's 2 which wasnt far from the house. Great wine list for starters..ordered entrees..we all chose the penne pasta with shrimp..just MARVELOUS... We will definitely return for this Quality experience and have a larger group. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value!Live2eatDined on 7/11/2014It had been quite some time since I last visited but have been there twice in the past 3 weeks. The food is great and the portions are excellent. The added bonus from our last visit, Lebron is coming home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula 2 Great Steaks.JamesDined on 7/8/2014The atmosphere was more sports bar than my wife and I would like, but the steaks were great.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableNeilDined on 6/29/2014Jessica was a terrific server. The food was outstanding. Easy to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodgunnermomDined on 6/21/2014My husband said, "this is my favorite steak house by far", I am sure we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok. Maybe an off night?LadyrevDined on 6/18/2014Appetizers were very good. Steak had a sauce like A1? Veggies charred, as was one burger. Server was very good, attentive, politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Mother's Dayljd213Dined on 6/8/2014My Mom had oral surgery just before Mother's Day so we had to put off a big meal out. She'd never been to Shula's 2 Steak and Sports, I'd never had a disappointing meal plus I had a Groupon. The stars aligned beautifully. We were well taken care of by Jessica and Amanda from appetizer: Crispy Ravioli to Steaks (one, NY Strip and one Filet), delicious sides and dessert of Apple Cobbler. The Groupon was cheerfully accepted and we were catered to as if we'd paid full price. Plus on the way out the Doubletree Check In desk offered us the famous chocolate chip cookies. Truly a sweet and special meal. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Love it but got bad news!!AvaSDined on 6/5/2014We love the Chicken Milanese and have raved about it to friends. We just learned that it may be coming off the menu and we are soooo disappointed as wil be several friends. Get there quickly so you can enjoy it too. Will have to find it elsewhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarDarleneDined on 6/1/2014The food was very good and my special food refuser needs were metSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningLargepartyDined on 5/26/20148 of us showed up Memorial Day 6 w reservation. Our waiter Darren was delightful. We sat in front room. We appeared to be only people in entire restaurant. Wine and drinks pricey. Food was all delicious. We had fabulous timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just dinneralwaystailsDined on 5/24/2014Just a nice place to enjoy well prepared, well cooked dinners. Nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Shula's 2 Steak and Sports @ The Doubletree by Hilton (Independence) reviews archive.
- dinner with my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Shulas was a nice evening out for dinner for my wife and I. Food was good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Fine, fun, food!AvaSDined on 5/14/2014As a group of 4 celebrating a birthday I was pleased to recommend Shula's 2 and particularly the Chicken Milanese!! Two of us had that, while the guys each had the special Red Snapper and the Shula's steak. We agree that some of their best food is NOT steak so please try almost anything on the menu! Using Open Table we were able to reserve the table of our choice and really enjoyed our evening. BTW, our waitress admired our completely cleaned plates although the portions are large.....it was that good!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food, great service -- our favorite place for holiday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice...mermar19Dined on 5/11/2014Would do it again in a heartbeat!!! Good food, great service, nice place all around.Special Features:
- Bad Open Table Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014The buffet was average, but my main complaint has to do more w/ Open Table. I booked this reservation through their special Mother's Day Brunch section of the website only to find out from my confirmation call from the restaurant that I had reserved a table for their regular weekend breakfast buffet. VERY MISLEADING, & VERY DISAPPOINTED!!
- I had the worse meal there last timtigerDined on 5/7/2014e I was there out of all the other dozen times I have been there.
- Great foodCharAnnZarDined on 5/7/2014I always get the steak filet with baked potato. Always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks with great memorbeliaIrishStreakDined on 5/3/2014My fiance and I went here to celebrate buying our first home. I didn't think the atmosphere was anything special but her side salad was of excellent quality, both our steaks were cooked EXACTLY how we wanted them which is hard to find and the vegetables/potatoes were great as well. The steaks had excellent flavor as well and my strip was on par with Flemmings. My fiance actually said the broccoli was some of the best she has had at a restaurant. I love when the cook brings the meal and asks us to cut into the steaks right in front of them to see how they are cooked b/c frequently I ask for medium and there is no pink in a steak and I feel horrible sending it back asking for a new one. We had an excellent server and great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time @ Shula's 2!kss425Dined on 4/29/2014My boyfriend and I have been wanting to try Shula's for a long time and I'm glad we got around to it! The food was fantastic (filet mignon, baked potatoe and steamed veggies for both of us)! It was cook to order (medium and rare). Our server was very friendly and kept our drink full. The restuarant itself was clean and in order. It was a little loud because of a large group by us but obviously that is not Shula's issue and good for them! Will be back!Special Features:
- expected more for the moneyRsd318Dined on 4/26/2014The shula cuts were ok but overpriced. Never received the salad I ordered, so I just had them take it off the bill. Overall, very expensive, and probably will not return.Special Features:
- EASTEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014MY HUSBAND AND I BROUGHT MY MOM FOR EASTER, SHE CHOKED ON HER TEA SO AFTER THAT SHE DID NOT EAT ANYMORE SO FO 21.95 FOR HER AND 27.95 FOR US THAT WAS WAY TOO HIGH . AND DID NOT ENJOY OURSELVES AFTER HER CHOKING. SO IT WAS NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EASTER .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nix the steak, go for a burger!LuigiDined on 4/19/2014I was on a date and had a coupon for $50 for which drinks could not be applied to. Therefore we had to order entrees that were the most expensive on the menu, such as the steak and fish we ordered. This is not the place I would have chosen to have a nice steak since the ambiance was more of a burger and wings place. The steak was ok, accompanied by some mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables, but probably not worth the $33. It was a 7:15 reservation on a Saturday night and the place was rather empty. The servers attitude seemed she was not interested in even being there let alone how we were enjoying our experience. It just seemed distant and not very engaging. Probably a great place for some beers and wings watching a game!Special Features:
- We still had a 25 minute waitKatKevLDined on 4/5/2014We still had a 25 minute wait even with reservations. That would be my only problem. Otherwise, as a party of 5 we tried all 3 steaks, a kids cheeseburger and chicken penne. All of the food was outstanding including our waitress. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet with some friends forlovetoeatoutDined on 4/5/2014Meet with some friends for dinner. Service was friendly, on spot and fantastic. Food came prepared properly.Would definitely go there again. Sat by the fireplace and had a wonderful evening. Spoke with the manager, Christopher Madias and told him how nice of a time we had and that we had the best waitress Amanda Richards. Kudo' to you all and thanks for all your hard work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific foodretiredVIPDined on 4/4/2014Surprising good food. Had calamari and blue cheese chips at the bar before dinner with drinks at happy hour. The dinner in the restaurant. All four of us enjoyed our meals. We had trout, salmon and sirloin steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014I think this resturant has a lot of potential. My visit was surprisingly slow...no energy. I think you need to come up with an identity. Is the formal dinning really going to be formal?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014My husband and I dinned here on a recent snowy Saturday night. We showed up a little early but were seated right away. The place was surprisingly busy despite the weather. Service was attentive and pleasant. Since this is a steakhouse we of course ordered steak. They were not cheap, but anyone who goes out knows what a quality cut of meat costs. We used a Groupon and the server didn't make us feel cheap (our bar bill made up for the savings!)Special Features:
- Great steak and venueNYCvisitVIPDined on 3/29/2014I appreciate the ability to watch sports events in an upscale, yet very comfortable atmosphere. I will certainly return having been away from here for about five years because of the multitude of options on Rockside Road. The main dining room offers adequate TVs along with a cozy fireplace. The bar area offers more TVs and is more casual. All offer a great opportunity to have a conversation without being burdened by the usual noise of a sport bar. The steaks we had were all reasonably priced, very well prepared as requested, and of high quality. One of our guests had a burger and was very complimentary of its preparation and value as well. All meals offer veg's and potato and an accompanying salad is very reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our guests were from the Westluv2eatDined on 3/29/2014Our guests were from the West Side of Cleveland and had never been to a Shula's. They were very pleased with the dining experience. We've been eating there for a number of years and have always been very satisfied. Keep up the good work. Our server was very knowledgable (sp) about the foods.Special Features:
- Food was not goodWagsDined on 3/13/2014Snapper special was so rubbery you literally couldn't cut it with a knife...sent back for a burger that was so overcooked when it was supposed to be medium that I ate two bites and was done. I won't return. Two strikes and you're out in my book.
- Had our usual.......a salmonluv2eatDined on 3/13/2014Had our usual.......a salmon entree and the hearty meatloaf dish. Both up to our expectations. I was undecided on the wine selection so our waitress gave me two samples to try. I don't mind paying the price for a glass, but I'd like to sample it before hand.....if it is a new choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodChowluvverDined on 3/8/2014The menu contained many fine selections and the steak I ate was grilled just right. A restaurant employee requested that I cut my steak and inspect it for doneness and give it my okay. That was a first and a nice touch. We were in a party of 4 and all said their food selections were prepared to their liking. I would highly recommend this eating establishment. It is also easy to get to and near the interstate.Special Features:
- Our server was amazing!SammyDined on 3/6/2014I have been staying at the hotel for a conference and have dined in Shula's throughout our time. We had the same server two days in a row and she was amazing. She served on Wednesday lunch/Thursday dinner shifts. She remembered my friend drank tea and how she liked her portobello sandwich prepared! We felt so cared for by her. The staff team at Shula's are very nice and friendly! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Food was just average. Applebee's taste 5 star restaurant prices. Service was great but not worth 90 plus tip for 2 simple chicken dishes and 4 drinks.Special Features:
- Date NightCasinoAlDined on 2/15/2014Our server did an outstanding job. We were not seated by the fireplace and there were multiple kids hockey teams doing a buffet style meal just over the wall from us which made it very loud. The food was good. The wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.