1425 N. McCulloch Blvd.
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403Neighborhood:
Lake Havasu City
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shugrues.com/
- Phone: 9284531400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Bar Remains Open: Daily: 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Greg Gugliotta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Thom Felke 9284531400
- Special Events: To learn more about our specials events please give us a call and ask for Thom 928-453-1400 or visit our events page for more info.
A word from Shugrue's
Lake Havasu's premier dinning destination since 1998, overlooking the world famous London Bridge and Bridge Water Channel, Shugrue's is a popular family friendly restaurant featuring hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, pork, chicken and salad specials.Continued
Join Shugrue's bar for daily Happy Hour specials, an award winning wine list and hand crafted martinis.
Join Shugrue's bar for daily Happy Hour specials, an award winning wine list and hand crafted martinis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shugrue's reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Sad Change.SilveriusDined on 1/1/2014I am a long time customer of Shugrues and if this were my first time I would NEVER return. The food is usually outstanding. This time the food across the board was fair to a average. What made it even worse was a server named Kevin. The service was unbelievably bad. He was irritated that he was working and missed the drinks, failed to refill, brought the wrong orders and didn't want to correct the problem. I will probably give it one one more chance because of the fact I have been patronizing them happily for over 10 years, but this was the kind of thing that will ruin a nice restaurant!
- Exceeded ExpectationsDebDDined on 12/17/2013We brought my father in law here for his 80th birthday, the food, service and view were outstanding. We had a beautiful view of the London Bridge. The wine special price was lower than the retail price for the bottle. Kevin was our server and did an amazing job, the restaurant was busy but we felt like his only table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionZeezeeDined on 12/15/2013My husband and I choose Shugrue's to give our daughter a special memory for her birthday. The waiter was so helpful and attentive and made her dinner special. The food was great...she loved her birthday surprise dessert! Thank you for helping us make a wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the best restaurantsHavasuBillDined on 11/29/2013This is one of the best restaurants in Lake Havasu. If you want great food this is the place to go. The bar and restaurant overlook the channel and the London Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to be in Lake HavasuSalCDined on 11/29/2013I have never had a bad meal at Shrugrue's. My recommendation is to sit by the windows - you have a beautiful view of the London Bridge and you can watch all the boats go by. Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!!!TYbearDined on 11/24/2013Would not change a thing It is friendly, quiet, efficiently run with excellent food We found you through the brochure from Grace Arts and you have for two years been our Brunch spot before the theatre. We have also enjoyed a few lovely dinners and lunches here. Your servers are a delight always going the extra mile to make us comfortable and happy Well done. If I ran a restaurant this would be the way I would want it to be. This is our favorite restaurant in AZ and we happily drive an hour to be here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2013We went here for our anniversary, we both chose the filet. The steak was spot on for medium rare. There was nothing over fancy. It was just simple good food. Our waitress was great. There was a great wine llist at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good prime rib, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013good prime rib, excellent creme brulee for desert. great service. We had a beautiful view of the London bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our main courses were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2013our main courses were excellent. I had halibut perfectly cooked covered in julienned vegetables with a delicately herbed sauce. But the bread was just white dough, barely baked. The server rushed us; did not explain the menu. the busboy poured water so quickly and energetically that he splashed my face! Upon sitting down in the banquet seat first indicated to us, I realized that the table was much too high for the seating so I asked to be changed. They could provide only another table with one chair and a banquet seat that was the same. Warning: ask for a chair unless you are over 6 feet tall. I am 5'7" and if I had ordered steak I would not be able to cut it from a banquet seat.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal in 15 yearschipper1Dined on 10/16/2013Never a bad meal in 15 years of going there. Our favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around goodScousersharon30Dined on 10/15/2013Nice ambiance, although a little noisy around the bar tables. Food was very good, wine was great. I would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencepoochieDined on 10/10/2013From the moment we walked in we had a great time. Our server, Greg seated us in a small private area with a nice view considering it was evening. He was so personable, fun and made our night special. He made good recommendations. Escargot was excellent. My husband had the filet and creamed spinach - both excellent. I had the scallops with steamed veggies. Awesome. Didn't have room for dessert but it all looked yummy. We'll be back next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great food OKRVRMEDined on 10/5/2013The service was excellent. The waitress was aware it was our anniversary from the on-line reservation I had made. They gave us a complimentary dessert, which was, by the way, a divine death by chocolate mousse cake. The food was so-so; Caesar salad drowned in dressing, sauce on scallops very salty, mixed seafood pasta sort of bland and nondescript. I would certainly go back because even world famous restaurants can have an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a celebration!JulesDined on 9/27/2013We were celebrating my Dad's 76th birthday. I requested on Open Table a table by the window, and we had the perfect corner table with an awesome view do the water and the London Bridge. The food was excellent. Prime Rib and Fillets were great cuts and Cooked perfectly. The Lobster was large and tender. Service was excellent! I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night.MadscotDined on 9/26/2013First time using the online reservation system offered by Open Table.Process was easy, a good addition to what I have come to depend on as an enjoyable meal at Shugrue's. Seating preferences were honored, and the service was impaccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night outDennisanSandyDined on 9/24/2013We had dinner for our 25th Wedding anniveresary and thought they would maybe show some ackowledgment with a free wine or dessert or something, but there was nothing. Other from that it was a great evening, John our waiter was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a SteaksteakplaceDined on 9/17/2013Had a Sirloin Steak that was as tender as a Filet. Absolutely delicious. Creme Brulee was the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- always spot on.RGM2Dined on 9/2/2013Our dinner was amazing, our server went over and above and the entire evening was the best. We have been to Shugrues many times for happy hour and it is always very good. But our dinner was over the top. We can say we were treated With care and top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome!TeresaVDined on 8/17/2013We love Shugrues. We save it for our A nniversary dinners. Alway get a river view. The food is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- London Bridge GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013What a great experience! Our server was Linda, who was incredibly attentive and accommodating (and understanding of the rowdy group of guys I brought there). Definitely ask for Linda if you go there. Despite a packed restaurant, the noise level was surprisingly low, which made conversation much more pleasant. And the food was outstanding. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013We had a birthday girl visiting and Shugrues was her request. So we went. We already knew the ambiance would be fantastic, even though we hadn't been in in quite a while. But what we weren't prepared for (and were delighted to see) was a portion of the menu that is COMPLETELY REASONABLE if you're trying to keep your bill down below the usual $20++/per person steakhouse type-prices - they had fantastic entree options for under $15. Most of us ordered off this part of the menu and our meals ere not only amazing but we came away from it completely stuffed and me personally- I couldn't even finish it all. I was absolutely over-stuffed. Not a complaint at our table. Everything was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shuegrues has been a favoritemmalloryDined on 7/25/2013Shuegrues has been a favorite restaurant for years. great food , service and price.Special Features:
- Great place, amazing foodjandwDined on 6/26/2013This is a wonderful restaraunt. My husband and i go there every year for out anniversary and we always really enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013We eat here often and their other restaurants in the area. We always have excellent service and the food is fantastic. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a great Dining experienceLV2eatDined on 6/7/2013Shugrue's....... Has a wonderful experienced wait staff to provide the start to a great experience in dining. For business or pleasure my recommendation is Shugrue'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lake Havasu gemAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 5/29/2013Nice restaurant on Lake Havasu. Bean and Bacon Soup was fantastic and the prime rib was tender and well seasoned. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Will definitely go back when I next visit Lake Havasu.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2013Finding Shugrue's on our stopover in Lake Havasu was a wonderful experience! The food was excellent, service was timely, friendly and seamless. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting as a "must". The view of the London Bridge combined with all the boat traffic from a perfect elevation made it such a memorable experience.Special Features:
- I requested a table by theDishDined on 5/11/2013I requested a table by the window. The hostess seemed reluctant about seating us by the window. This was our first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was very good, ribOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Dinner was very good, rib eye was outstanding. Service was good. The experience was pleasant with a lovely view of the Bridge. Good choice for special occasions. We were celebrating an anniversary, very nice.Special Features:
- Gotta love Shugrues.Aloha1734VIPDined on 4/20/2013Shugrues is one of the nicest restaurants in Havasu. The steaks were a bit off & they were already out of prime rub at our 8:00pm reservation. It was a big weekend for events & people coming to town- but they should know that. The London bridge view if you can get it is always a must because it really adds the awesome factor to the evening. Great drinks & a secret menu item not to miss- potato skins- they're the best. Packed with fresh cheese mushroom tomato onion bacon, etc.. They rockSpecial Features:
- Even though we made reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Even though we made reservations, we still had to wait- then took a table in the bar area as she did not know how long the "wait" would be-Special Features:
- Food was very good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Food was very good and service was excellent. Love the tables by the window. Very polite when answering the questions I had over the phone and very accomodating.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2013I have been going to Shugrue's for a very long time with my boyfriend. However, since he passed away last summer I have had a hard time adjusting to the fact that I might be dinning alone specially when I would be travelling on my own which was the reason I was uncomfortable visiting Shugrue's on my last 3 visits. This was the first time I dinned on my own and unaccompanied at Shugrue's in all the last 15+ years I have been visiting Lake Havasu City. I felt the warm welcome and very attentive service with the good food that complimented evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013We had a wonderful experience at Shugrues for my mother's 78th birthday. There were four generations present...and each of us, from the birthday girl to her three year old great granddaughter, were treated with excellent service and one of the best dinners we've ever had. All of our expectations were exceded by far and cannot wait to return for an encore!!Special Features:
- Great choiceTrishDined on 3/22/2013Food was very nice and well served. We opted to eat in the bar because of the view and it was a little noisy, but we didn't mind because we chose the area. I would go again!Special Features:
- Food was OK...not outstanding.RickVIPDined on 3/5/2013Food was OK...not outstanding. Overall an enjoyable time (good botttle of wine) but, nothing was extraordinary. Just stopped by for a bottle of wine and some appretizers. Spent $80 on wine and an appetizer, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts. Appetizer was disappointing. Might go back and give it another try...but I won't rush back!
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013I would recommend eating at Shugrue's to everyone. I enjoyed the view of the London Bridge. The food and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- very tasty steaks and allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013very tasty steaks and all their food has excellent quality - upper shelf!!Special Features:
- We both ordered the fish (cod)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013We both ordered the fish (cod) special with one blacked and the other pan fried. We were both disappointed. The blackened was over-seasoned and over powered the taste of the fish. The pan-fried breading was too heavy. Also one of us ordered the stuffed potato which was served room temperature. We would try it again but order off the menu.Special Features:
- Always excellent food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Always excellent food and service enjoy going there every timeSpecial Features: