Shuga Jazz Bistro
317 Main Ave S
Renton, WA 98057Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shuga Jazz Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shugajazzbistro.com/
- Phone: 4252743074x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour Every Day 4:00pm-6:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Wayne Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz
A word from Shuga Jazz Bistro
Shuga Jazz Bistro is the hot spot for jazz in the Seattle region. Shuga is serving upscale and classic southern cuisine by Iron Chef Wayne Johnson.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shuga Jazz Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- SHUGA JAZZ BISTROloveisfineDined on 9/7/2014So happy to see Mr. McGowan back in full swing! Enjoyed Brandon Willis and musicians immensely. Let's do it again soon!Special Features:
- Will return in a few months2full4uDined on 9/2/2014On third visit, portions were way smaller than previous two visits. The sides were so small (just a spoonful of greens) for two of my dining companions, and the fried chicken wasn't cooked through. No wait staff, management was on duty and it took 20 minutes for our check, enough for one person in our group to order takeout and pickup her food from one of her favorite spots one block over. The food is good, a little overpriced for the portions, well, if the portions were consistent I could overlook the inconsistent service if food is great. Just think they need time to get their legs under them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great ambiance; great food; GREAT entertainment. I would recommend this restaurant to others without hesitation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I realize it is fairly new, however they need more waiters.Special Features:
- Dinner and jazzFancybeeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great locale for dinner and jazz. Glad the restaurant is open again. Food was good. Jazz was wonderful. Saw a lot of friends in the place.Special Features:
- Getting better all the time!ChesterfieldVIPDined on 8/4/2014All new restaurants have issues when starting up. Clearly, Shuga is working through them quickly. In the restaurant's 5th week, our group of six had great food and very good service. We especially enjoyed Lula Mae's fried chicken, the bacon wrapped shrimp and catfish. Don't wait too long to try Shuga Jazz Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shuga Jazz Bistro -incredible find!ZathrasOneDined on 8/2/2014The experience at Shuga Jazz Bistro was absolutely fabulous. The food was superb, the music and entertainment amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten-free soul foodJLFergVIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant has the best wheat-free fried chicken and it is non-greasy and the portions are sizable (but they don't fill you up on starches; this place likes its animal protein). Great fresh tasting cocktails. Friendly, prompt service. We love coming here.Special Features:
- Going to be greatStephenDined on 7/18/2014This place is going to be a great restaurant. The food quality and service friendliness were excellent. Would like to see somewhat larger portions for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placemacattackDined on 7/18/2014Nice comfortable jazz settings. Great place for an older crowd. I would definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gimme some ShugaFoodwriter1Dined on 6/30/2014Great find in Renton. Something for everyone. Families, couples, girls out on the town. Very comfortable. Live jazz and with the layout you can enjoy your meal with a musical background. Have the fried chicken! We went opening night. Food is wonderful, service was a bit hesitant. Sure they will get over the jitters.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Shuga Jazz Bistro reviews archive.