411 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/
- Phone: (206) 621-1984
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gavin Stephenson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Shuckers Happy Hour: Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
A word from Shuckers
Boasting the beautifully carved oak paneling and unique tin ceiling of the haberdashery it once was in the 1930's, Shuckers is one of Seattle's oldest and most pre-eminent oyster bars. With a daily menu featuring a selection of fresh fish and seafood, Shuckers brims with 13 different kinds of oysters prepared nine different ways and features local artisan microbrews.Continued
The Zagat 2005 Restaurant Survey coins Shuckers as a 'Seattle classic' that is one of the 'best seafood restaurants in town' with 'great ambiance' and 'excellent service.'
The Zagat 2005 Restaurant Survey coins Shuckers as a 'Seattle classic' that is one of the 'best seafood restaurants in town' with 'great ambiance' and 'excellent service.'
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Shuckers - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Shuckers reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (45)special occasion (43)romantic (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (17)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great oystersfamilyeatsDined on 11/22/2014Fantastic oysters. Well prepared seafood. Fine service. Menu is not innovative or exciting but offers solid, reliable choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh/high quality seafood. Spendy for lunchLaurenDined on 11/19/2014Great place. Shellfish was high quality and fresh. Nice crabcakes! A little spendy, so would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OystersBrunchDined on 11/18/2014Awesome food and drinks, especially oysters. They also have a great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodCinhartDined on 11/14/2014I love the feel of this restaurant. It has a warm, comfy feel and everyone is so friendly. I like the dark wood and I like the booths. And I especially like the fact that it is quiet enough to hold a conversation without yelling. The tables are a little close together but you really can't hear the other people talking. Request a booth or a window table when you reserve and you will probably get it. The food is always good, the fresh fish is very good. I had crab cakes, smashed red potatoes, and a corn relish and it was delicious. My husband had mussels and we shared the lettuce wedge, which they cut for us and put on separate plates. We each ordered wine by the glass. We passed on dessert because we were so full, but the list was impressive. Oh, and the bread basket.....the crusty rolls and the crackers were too hard to resist, hence the not being able to have dessert. This was our second visit here and we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreyGooseGalsDined on 11/14/2014An enjoyable meal with out of town guests. we went to Shuckers for the oysters and chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We have been here several times.Excellent food and service. Just wish the drink and wine prices were more reasonable. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!CassiecatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Shuckers is a favorite celebration venue for us. We have oysters and champagne. Love their oysters Rockefeller and their Olympic oysters (with a tomato hollandaise and bacon) are a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantlove2eatVIPDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant is very convenient to the downtown scene. We had Benoroya Hall tickets and found that this was only around a two block walk. The food is outstanding and the wait staff is excellent. We would highly recommend this for dining prior to the symphony or theater.Special Features:
- Oysters, Oysters, Oysters!FoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Had wonderful service and the most delicious oysters. Will go back again and again.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at this wonderful establishment located at the lower level of the Fairmont Hotel. From our initial greeting from a wonderful host - (she was so warm and made us immediately feel welcome), to outstanding wait service by Darla and the restaurant manager checking in with us throughout our meal. Wonderful food - they have an amazing lunch duo and trio, with a taste of the restaurants finest cuisine - loved our clam chowder and Caesar salad. The Key Lime dessert is amazing. Wonderful presentation and just such a memorable and wonderful experience. Job well done. Run, don't walk to this amazing/classy restaurant.Special Features:
- Schuckers delivers...FunDinersVIPDined on 10/21/2014Oysters were delicious! Servers were extremely attentive & made sure we were out on time. Love the old-Seattle ambiance. Consistently satisfies on all fronts.Special Features:
- POSITIVE DINING EXPERIENCEislandgalVIPDined on 10/21/2014We were warmly greeted by the Hostess who graciously made sure we were satisfied with our table. Our server was friendly, patient and informative. Only disappointment was when the entrees were served the staff didn't notice missing utensils and we had to flag someone down to receive them. The seafood options were plentiful and all five of us were very happy with our selections. The crab-mac is decadent and delicious! The seafood grill offered good size portions of very fresh fish/shellfish. The chop salad exceptional. The environment is clubby, warm and vibrant. We will all definitely return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great locationCatjoeveDined on 10/19/2014perfect in downtown seattle. seafood was basic and excellent....the best way to eat good seafoood. great service. went twice in 2 days.
- Amazing food...characterkahea82Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time to Shuckers and thougt the food was AMAZING! Some of the best seafood I've ever tasted and I come from Hawai'i where seafood is also good. Best place for oysters done any way you wish. The ambiance was nice since it was different from most restaurants in Hawai'i...very "old" but in a good way with lots of character. The only con was the way in which they pack in people. The tables are so close to one another that we were forced to listen to some very grouchy and smug guests right next to us. The more they drank, the more irritating it was. Though this is a con for me, I did notice that many restaurants in the city are like this so I guess the locals in the area are used to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great VisitKootenayFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014We go to Shucker's at least once when we're in Seattle.we love it there. Oysters were great, with a really interesting selection this time around. The service was very attentive and courteous. We love the atmosphere and the old school feeling. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseMillcreekerDined on 10/10/2014I go to Shuckers a lot and always get the crab salad. It is always fresh, full of crab and never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsHughmanDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant never disappoints. This is an institution. You go here for the oysters, chowders, fresh fish and great local wines and beers. The oysters we had were so fresh and delicious. Our server was perfect; just the right amount of personal attention. I am also glad to see a few lighter items on the menu; loved the seared Ahi Tuna with Quinoa salad. We will continue to make this a stop each time we are in Seattle.Special Features:
- Great experience!!!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2014Shuckers Seattle drew me in due to the name, online reviews and location (basically in the building but not formally part of the Fairmont Seattle). Shuckers won me over with the quality of their food and service. I went during the last 15 minutes of happy hour and ordered from both the HH and the dinner menu. Highlights were the oysters (3 different varieties on the HH list), the martini (house gin is Tanqueray) and the crab louie salad (best I've ever had, by a wide margin). And the service was great - fast, attentive, not hovering. I will certainly go back anytime I'm in Seattle and look out for them in other cities as well.Special Features:
- A Downtown ClassicTimOCDined on 10/3/2014Shuckers remains much as it has ever been -- absolutely reliable fresh seafood, with first-rate service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014I come at least twice each month with good friends and we love the food ~ especially the Dungenesse Crab ! We eat it from the shell, but the Crab Louie is outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great ServiceKatieODined on 9/30/2014We recently had a fantastic dinner at Shuckers. The service was attentive, but unobtrusive and they allowed us to take our time in ordering, since we were too busy catching up to look at the menu! The restaurant was quiet when we arrived and quite lively by the time we left. We were with a colleague who was visiting from New York and she said the steamed clams were the best clams of her life. We split some entrees and the chef was nice enough to split the plates for us, so we each had some of each entrée. The scallops were amazing and the crab cakes were as well. A light dessert of house-made ice cream and coffee was a nice finish to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!DinerproDined on 9/27/2014We love Shuckers for their lunch salads. Bread basket is also excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing but fabulous!CanuckDined on 9/20/2014This is my second time coming to Shuckers. Everything from the beginning to the end is nothing short of exceptional! Each time I have enjoyed the scallop dinner which is a taste sensation. The cocktails are handmade and the quality of alcohol is wonderful. It is a fairly small venue but with a lot of character. Plenty of woodwork and a small patio. Feels like a cozy pub with style. Service staff is friendly and even the manager brought us out a taste of the sour cream ice cream saying we just had to taste it. She was right - something I have never tasted before and it was wonderful. I will return over and over to enjoy the food, ambiance, and service. It is money well worth spending !Special Features:
- Fine dining great atmospherepan2VIPDined on 9/20/2014Shuckers is the place to go for attentive service, and wonderful sea food. You can order a preparation from the menu or simply choose from the "fresh board". Your fish can be prepared to your specifications and there are two sides to choose from. This is not a cheap dining experience but it the quality is superb. You can keep the price down by ordering halibut and chips. Of course there are also oysters, salads, and meat on the menu. You have a lot of ways to go. We opted for dessert, a very large slice of fudge cake that was delicious. Thank goodness there is still a restaurant in Seattle where you can hear yourself converse.Special Features:
- Fantastic gem!poquitoDined on 9/18/2014Thank you for making our anniversary dinner very special. The food was great - the service was impeccable and first class - thank you very much!Special Features:
- CarrieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Shucker's is always great. We go there before every 5th Avenue theater performance we attend.Special Features:
- Very good and worth a return tripcodycoleDined on 9/17/2014It's a little difficult to find, but it is located in a corner of the Fairmont Hotel. We dined late, by Seattle standards, and the restaurant was quiet, but the service was excellent, the martinis perfect, and the food very good. I will definitely return to Shuckers and recommend it.Special Features:
- Impeccable service, food, ambiance!SallyIssaquahDined on 9/16/2014Hadn't been here for years, so pre-5th Avenue show we chose early dining, happy we did. They have 6 preparations of baked oysters, my crab, tomato, bacon, cheesy ones were amazing. Ron went for a sumptous halibut with cheesy mac and side, and my crab Louie was generous and big. When I asked to sample a wine before committing to a glass, the brunette waitperson was happy to oblige - thank you! We got a selection of breads, not just all white, Irish soda muffin was nice whole wheat - thank you again! Gentleman's den ambiance of dark wood, fully dressed servers - not forced to wear embarrassing outfits - so refined yet pleasant. In the beautiful hotel so we enjoyed breathing a bit of rarified air to boot! Just MADE our evening ideal.Special Features:
- GoodPeterVIPDined on 9/15/2014Usually avoid hotel restaurants. This was recommended by a local friend.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy Shucker's food and service. We requested a table that is special to us and got it. Our wait person was very attentive an available when we needed something. It was entirely a positive experience. We go with friends before our shows at the Fifth Avenue Theatre. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in SeattleOysternutDined on 9/9/2014The wood paneled elegance matches the service, knowledgeable, thoughtful and never rushed. The menu offerings are just right. The seared scallops were done to perfection. The main thing, however, is the broad selection of fresh or baked oysters even in months without an "R".Special Features:
- PeteskiDined on 9/5/2014Always great northwest seafood very well prepared. Excellent selection of oysters on the half shell. Very knowledgable servers. Good wine selection. Great traditional decor. It all fits very well with itself. It's expensive, but then really good seafood isn't cheap.Special Features:
- Fresh Oysters with great ServicedharbaughDined on 8/28/2014I called that I would be late and ordered a tray of fresh oysters. Not only were they ready to be served on arrival but I was given the happy hour price. Service throughout dinnner was superior from greeting to processing the check.Special Features:
- ShuckerslegluvsfoodDined on 8/25/2014Food prep was fabulous, but portions were small for the price. Would visit again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stanVIPDined on 8/25/2014good service...good selection ....food very good with nice ambiance..Special Features:
- Classy and classic Seattle diningTimsteakDined on 8/25/2014The large bar, woodwork, and semi-private booths demonstrate Shuckers commitment to the classic fine dining experience. Our waiter was friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Overall, the food was a little beneath our expectations. This had been recommended to us as one of the best seafood restaurants in Seattle, and we found several of the dishes to be average at best. The one standout dish we enjoyed was the Halibut with Crab Mac & Cheese and Tempura Asparagus; every option was delicious and cooked to perfection. I suspect that, given another visit, most of the other selections on the menu would be just as wonderful.Special Features:
- oyster lovers heaven!chefboyrdVIPDined on 8/23/2014Being from Louisiana, I have been an oyster fanatic my entire life. I've traveled the country and NEVER seen such a variety of oysters. The mignonette sorbet was an absolute winner. Shave some off and you get plenty with every bite. Only one issue and that was that the online menu is NOT what is necessarily have that day. Even though the waiter stated it changes daily, that couldn't be the case as this was not printed on paper as do most restaurants that do this, but on a menu that can't change daily. Two items we had our heart set on when we got there were not available. I recommend the place, but don't rely on the online menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got better LaterSkydivingdinerDined on 8/15/2014When we first arrived we were seated within a minute. However, after being seated we were not given silverware or water for at least 5 minutes. I felt a little ignored here, and it seemed very crowded and not as romantic as I previously thought. Anyways, after waiting for a while, we finally got our water and were told our waiter would be with us "momentarily". Another 5 or 6 minutes later we got our waiter. From here, the dinner was amazing!!!! Our waiter apologized for our wait and was perfect. He was there when we needed, but wasn't too overbearing. The food was spectacular. For food alone, I would give this place 5 stars! The oysters were great, and the Wild King Salmon couldn't be beat.Special Features:
- One of my FAVORITESWishIWereAMichelinRevieweDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten many times at Shuckers over the years although this is the first time in a couple of years. The food is always excellent and the oysters on the half shell are outstanding. The "men's club" ambiance is wonderful and the service is top-notch. About 15 years ago, I ate 9 times at Shuckers within a week's time and I am happy to see it is still excellent.Special Features:
- Had Hoped for MoreFrogdogVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had read the mixed reviews about Shuckers and had hoped that our experience would be that of the most-positive reviews. Unfortunately, we were met with total mediocrity and high prices. I had the Daily special, which was described as prawns, but was at best "small-medium" shrimp. The flavors were okay, but nothing great. Based on our lunch experience we decided not to return for dinner later in our trip.Special Features: