6333 West Third Street, #110
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shortorderla.com/
- Phone: 3237617970
- Hours of Operation:
Open: M-Su 11:00am
Close: M-Su 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Nancy Silverton and Christian Page
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Short Order
Short order is a celebration of over thirty years of friendship and culinary collaboration between Amy Pressman and Nancy Silverton. Highlighting their shared passion of bringing the best seasonal ingredients to the table, each menu item at Short order is crafted emphasizing locally raised, organic, artisanal and handmade products. This restaurant is Amy and Nancy’s showcase for foods prepared the way they personally love to eat. Short Order represents their comfort in the simplicity of cooking as they would in their own homes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Short Order - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Short Order reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (10)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BrunchJoycevVIPDined on 9/7/2014First time for lunch with mom then brunch with my hubby. We started with a carafe of the "Yes Chef!" An interesting version of a Bloody Mary. Loved the celery ice cubes. I had the Rob's Breakfast Sando and my hubby had the Corned Beef Hash. Both were delicious and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was underwhelmingWestsidedinerDined on 9/1/2014Turkey burgers were dry and salads flavorless. Our friend with the short ribs was the happiest guy at our table. They had run out of red wine and rose.
- Major disappointmentPizzanightVIPDined on 8/26/2014I made my reservation on Open Table almost two days in advance and received my e-mail confirmation. When we (a party of four) arrived there after a 30 minute drive in rush hour traffic, we were told that the restaurant was closed for maintenance and would not reopen until the following day. The restaurant and Open table have both my e-mail address and cell phone number. I was never notified prior to our visit there that they would be closed for maintenance. WHO GOOFED?
- FailPainterly44VIPDined on 8/22/2014My partner and I sat patiently for 15 minutes, not exaggerating, waiting for a server to greet us. Not so much as a glance in our direction, then we heard the table next to us flag down a server and say "can we please just get our check so we can leave", at which point we decided to leave rather than suffer a frustrating dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Burgers are really dry. This place has gotten worse.
- Solid Food For Sure!ElyssapVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went with a friend for lunch. Everything was executed perfectly. The food looked and tasted delicious. Will definitely be back. My only picky gripe is that the server should be more pro-active at the end of the meal and offer to validate parking before the guests leave. My friend didn't know about it and had to go back after we left to get her parking validated. But that's just a small thing!Special Features:
- Not the bestBheaterVIPDined on 8/10/2014Interesting go to place for a fast burger. however, that said fair fair fair. For adults this is a kid friendly go to place. Adults only forget it unless you want fast paper wrapped burger. No plate, just food with napkins.. Just not for me.if we EVER go again no burger salad only... The coffee is extremely strong . Just a place I wanted to try.. Now that is done...Special Features:
- CDIIVIPDined on 7/27/2014We sat upstairs in their outdoor dinning area which has a nice casual, comfortable feel. Had the turkey burger which was phenomenal - nice combination of flavors. The rest of my party said their burgers tasted great, rest of food tasted good but not great -sides like mac-n-cheese were ok - cheese sauce was a bit grainy. Hostess and server were attentive and friendly. Will come back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing burger!SpanishteachDined on 7/22/2014We went for the burgers, and weren't disappointed. They were juicy, perfectly flavored, and huge! I loved the crunching us of the rips pickle on my burger. It was DineLA week. My friend ordered the Mac and cheese, which she loved, but I tried it and found it bland. Plus the pairing seemed to me a heart attack waiting to happen. So I opted for the green beans, which were fantastic. They were grilled and served with picled onions and a sprinkling of feta cheese. Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie - nothing special and loaded with butter. Once my arteries recover I will definitely go back. Service was friendly and efficient, and there are other things on the menu would like to try. Be sure to ask about parking validation.Special Features:
- Poor servicechu105VIPDined on 7/21/2014Went for Monday late lunch and did the dinela menu, which is a great deal $15 for app and burger. Our table was in the bar area so the bartender was our server. We weren't as entertaining as the patrons seated at the bar but it took a long time to get the server's attention when we wanted to order and when we wanted to close out. The burgers, Mac n cheese, beans, shake, and fries were good but I wouldn't return to eat here at full price, especially with the other options at the grove farmers market.
- Disappointed compared to last visitWLA24VIPDined on 7/19/2014We had eaten at Short Order about a year ago and had a great meal at that time. On this visit we had a large group on a Saturday night. I was surprised that it was not all that busy (not a good sign). The food was not as good as I had remembered. In fact, even the portabello mushroom burger seems rather greasy. But was really struck me was the poor service. It was difficult to get the attention of our server and we had a hard time getting enough set ups and silverware for our group.Special Features:
- Great food, Lousy service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014The waitress was spread too thin! Didn't follow through on items requested multiple times. That said, back waiters were very helpful and filled in where they could for poor wait service by front waiter. If I hadn't been to short order previously I don't think I would return regardless of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great neighborhood spothobbesLAVIPDined on 7/6/2014I keep going back to Short Order. I want to like it; I want to love it. But something is always off: the service, the fries, the spuds, the cocktails, the host. I'll probably keep going back until they close their doors, but I'll typically leave disappointed. That said, you and your friends should be here instead of standing in line at the Cheesecake Factory or eating Umami's latest creation at the Grove.Special Features:
- Short Order - Long Fun10SNutDined on 6/28/2014I hosted a special celebration for my son's 30th BDay. The team accommodated several reservation changes, had our space ready on time and arranged special service of our birthday cupcakes. The food was excellent, the cocktails varied and well-poured, and the chef, host and servers all came together to make the night memorable for our group. Everyone in attendance gave me kudos for finding such a cool place and they all intend to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly grilled cheesePeachyVIPDined on 6/26/2014If you like grilled cheese, run, dont walk, to Short Order. Fries were ok. Note: there is only outdoor seating.Special Features:
- YES!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Love short order. Thanks for accommodating our large party. Although it was a bit chilly, everyone loved the food. Service was great, too. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LisaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food and service were excellent. My only complaint was the cost of the portabello mushroom burger. It was a bit pricey and came with nothing else. However, it tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ishouldknowDined on 6/5/2014inconsistent service from friendly but slightly dim staff. food usually excellent - burgers, fries, pickle chips instant classics. venue a bit strained - essentially positioned at the street-facing corner of farmers market/fairfax with wraparound parking lot and busy traffic as background ambience…still, so long as it's not sunday you can expect a good time and some truly delicious fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodAlp73VIPDined on 5/31/2014Great waiter, fun bar tender, bit quiet on a Saturday night tho'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very unfortunate lack of serviceSchmamoVIPDined on 5/29/2014I hosted a birthday party for my husband last night. We were a party of 10 plus a baby. It took more than 20 minutes for a server to approach the table. Even then, the waiter (never told his name) only took part of our order before he took off, so I waited even longer to actually order an app and drink. This was a continuing trend. We asked for silverware - on 10 occasions from 4 different people - before we actually had any. Kind of hard to eat mac & cheese without it, unless you were the baby. We asked for plates so we could share the apps we ordered. They brought three palm-sized plates for the 10 of us. Empty plates/glasswear mounted without clearing so we finally cleared it outselves. No apologies at any point. Terrible.
- here for the lamb roastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2014I've been here three times for the lamb, once last year, and twice this season. It's soooo good. The side salad on the plate... oh my gosh, it is those rare occasions when I finish all of my vegetables. We haven't even had a chance to try their regular menu. We will definitely be trying the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 109 reviews are from the Short Order reviews archive.
- YummyYoungatheartVIPDined on 5/8/2014Great burgers, fab fries and unbelievable malts and shakes. The grilled veggies looked amazing. Next time! Good place for a quick meal and a walk around Farmers MarketSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014I love the grilled cheese and their drink selection is pretty good. My friend and I often go here because it's one of the few places that doesn't have a huge wait time on Friday and Saturday nights. The service can get a bit slow at times but for the most part the waiters are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meh spot for Father's DaychickwbrainsDined on 4/19/2014I took my husband here last Father's Day. It was tasty, but nothing special. Both he and I had the New York Strip; while the meat had good flavor, the texture was proof of a cheap cut of meat. The sides - baked spuds with the trimmings and salads - were fine. It wasn't terrible, but I probably wouldn't go back. The prices charged simply do not reflect the quality of the food. However, our server was very attentive and enthusiastic. She gets an A+.Special Features:
- Baby, it's cold outsideALHLVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great lamb burger , nice and rare fore!! Delicious ! It's all organic, so very different. But, it was all outdoors. Summertime must be great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of LA's Best BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/17/2014Yes, Short Order is in the Farmer's Market which isn't the best place to park. However, their burger is one of the best in town and consistency is good. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Great burgerscolinyourbluffDined on 4/14/2014I took my son after reading the article in Yahoo on the top ten burgers in the United States. After driving an hour and a half one way to Short Order, I can say it didn't disappoint. It was a bit pricey but the restaurant uses grass fed beef, local farms for vegetables and makes their own condiments. We both got the Ida's Old Fashion burger and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short Order Service Comes Up ShortRichardGDined on 4/6/2014Food is very good. Servers/employees very friendly. HOWEVER, you don't know that they are friendly until they finally get to you!! We have been to Short Order four (4) times. The first time we loved the food and concluded that the wait time for a server was "because they're new." We went back. Same issue - good food but lengthy time for server to reach table. Waited a few months - went back; same issue. We decided to not go back. Last time, decided on a Sunday "easy burger." I opted for the lamb burger which was great; loved it. (Not quite the Breslin in New York but a really good lamb burger). Hostess very friendly. Place had also really quieted down; lots of free tables. 20 minutes before we got a waiter! No more.Special Features:
- Creative Bar Staff, Great FoodToodlesInTownDined on 4/3/2014I don't typically change up my drink but whenever I go to Short Order I let the well schooled bartenders to what they do best -- create. You can tell them the type of liquor and drink you prefer and they whip up something beautiful and well balanced and these are not one offs! Great atmosphere. Love the glass garage door upstairs. Had the 12 oz lamb the other night and everything was delicious. This is a go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2014What a disappointment for all the hype for this restaurant. The restaurant was continually postponed. Now it is open. I thought it would be much more refined. It is an open air restaurant so no matter where you sit you are outside. The food was disappointing. I think the burgers from In N Out are much better. The cost is $17.00 for a hamburger that you can get in In N Out much cheaper. I would never return
- I liked itLsquaredDined on 3/22/2014Burger was great. It was a fun place to try. The potato wedge and tater tot combo is not to be missed. I would like to try the vanilla milkshake next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has Nancy gone missing?kwillliDined on 3/20/2014Out goal experience was very disappointing from the service to the food. We arrived at 6 and we promptly seated but it took the server 20 minutes to take our drink order and another 30 minutes before he came back so we could order our food. And the restaurant was far from full or busy. We ordered burgers and fries but they were flavorless and we were not able to locate a server to complain for another 30 minutes. Where is Nancy? I am such a fan off her restaurants and food and had been a Short Order fan until this experience. Can't say I'll be back anytime soon.
- Farmers Market gemanonymousDined on 3/5/2014A fun place in a quiet corner of the hectic Farmers Market. We've had a few lunches and late dinners here and will return often. We always enjoy the food (yummy lamb burgers and grilled cheese sandwiches and lots of sides ). A bonus: If you keep the receipt, you can get 10% off at Short Cake, also in the Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was nice. Food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2014Staff was nice. Food was good. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mardi Gras disappointmentMardiGrasManDined on 3/4/2014Knowing that I was from New Orleans, a friend sent me write-up on Tasting Table website about their Mardi Gras special. The ad reads: "Attendees can chow down on jumbo crawdads, corn, okra, red potatoes, roasted tomatillos, house-made spicy sausage and cornbread. For dessert, there's New Orleans-style beignets. $19" Reality = 10 crawfish, and the rest in taste portions. Literally this all fit into a cereal bowl. There was no cornbread. Then when we asked for out beignets, we were told that wasn't part of the meal, even though they menus they gave us said it was. So they honored it by bringing out 2 orders of beignets. They were horrible and the dipping sauce tasted like burnt coffee. Total disappointment. Left to buy real food.Special Features:
- Monday Night Line Chef?LAFoodieVIPDined on 2/24/2014Burger Medium Rare was very Rare. Also not hot. Didn't send back was too hungry. Wife's Med Well was medium rare. Not normally the way at Short Order. Was the monday night line chef not up to snuff?I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the food here veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014I like the food here very much and will definitely return. The "short order spuds" are fantastic and served very warm. I had the tuna melt which was delicious and a family member had a rare hamburger which was served exactly as requested. I love a wedge, but I really don't care for Short Order's version of bleu cheese, would definitely ask for another dressing. The coffee milkshake was out of this world and easily shared by two or three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Little RestaurantFranandBenVIPDined on 2/14/2014Dining here was like being at a friend's casual party. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and prices were very reasonable. The bartender made me a drink based on the alcohol of my choice and the steak special was fantastic. Fun little place at the Farmers Market. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2014Service was too slow and it was an outdoor area To sit and was too cold for the kids.
- Good Meal Moderate ServiceDavidwehoDined on 1/27/2014it is the first time I'm here for lunch on a weekday. I was surprised and glad that it wasn't very busy given that its restaurant week. I thought that must mean the food will be fast and service attentive, but I was wrong. After asking us the first time if we're ready to order which we weren't it took a while before the waiter came back to us again. We had to waive down the busser to have him get the waiter to us. There couldn't have been more than 10 people in the restaurant at that time. I can see the waiter talking to someone in the kitchen the whole time facing away from us. He was the only one serving making it very hard to get his attention. The food was amazing as usual. I highly recommend the Pork Belly BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.