465 John Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (941) 296-0301
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Casey Lund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back enclosed patio that can be reserved for 50-80 guests. it has a retractable awning that can be opened to the sky or closed under climate control.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Midlo 9412960301
A word from Shore Diner
Shore Diner is a fresh new American restaurant with a nod to Florida'sContinued
Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Shore Diner - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Shore Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)hot spot (58)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (36)good for groups (34)great for lunch (25)romantic (24)special occasion (23)late-night find (20)scenic view (17)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Outstanding!MartyDined on 11/22/2014Excellent- made a reservation and was seated right away. Waitress was great and recommended an amazing drink that wasn't on the menu. Food was delicious and service impeccable. Look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, waitress and atmosphere.TeeneyDined on 11/20/2014You won't be disappointed with the restaurant, the staff or the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodretiredearlyDined on 11/18/2014shores menu has something for everyone and there's a certain flare to every dish. Our group of 6 had snapper, grouper, Jenna ribs, pork tacos. We were all very pleased with our choices! There was some confusion with wait staff and a bit of a delay but after that all was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Everything was fabulous!! Food was wonderful! Had the shrimp & scallop risotto!! So good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group of 6IlovetoeatgoodfoodVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a group of 6 on Friday night with reservations for 7pm. Our server, Stacy was excellent. We had the carnitas tacos for an appetizer (3 orders) they were great! It is a fun atmosphere in the restaurant so we were all enjoying ourselves and our wine very much. We ordered our dinners and 2 arrived and then...nothing else came... Our server was walking by and noticed the other meals had not arrived and after a few more minutes the restaurant manager came by to let us know they had a computer glitch so only the 2 meals processed. He was very apologetic and assured us they would get the rest of the meals out as quickly as possible. Then 3 more came out and finally the last one which was the swordfish special. The person that ordered the swordfish said it was the best he had ever had. Our meals were all very good. The manager as well as our server handled this mishap well. They brought us all dessert at the end and were very apologetic. We really didn't mind too much that it happened because we were having fun with friends and the restaurant staff handled it very well. GREAT night overall and DEFINITELY will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, good food, mediocre service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014One of my favorite restaurants in the area; nearly always a lively atmosphere and buzzing bar scene, but service often let's this place down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect MealmagdesignDined on 11/7/2014We received gift certificates to The Shore and used them to celebrate a family birthday. We found the ambiance wonderful, as the weather was chilly and everything was open to the outdoors - perfect! I am allergic to soy and the manager came over and create a dinner that I could have and the chef made it to perfection! I will definitely come again and can't wait to see what else I taste. Excellent service and a real gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2014Interesting food combinations. Nice presentation. Very attentive and personable staff.
- Fun and funkyBostonDined on 10/31/2014Great menu. Definitely something for everyone. Can't wait to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:
- Special Birthday CelebrationsavannahlilliannaDined on 10/30/2014My sisters and I celebrated a special birthday at The Shore. Service was excellent. The Key West Shrimp and Scallop Risotto was quite good (scallops a tad undercooked, but certainly better than overcooked), and meatloaf with balsamic glaze was tasty. The chocolate torte which we shared was lovely. Overall, our celebration was successfully special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore Diner NOT a DINER!LiminladyDined on 10/26/2014The idea of a "diner" brings back memories of growing up in New Jersey and 2am trips to the 24 hour diners for anything from bagels to pancakes to Greek salads! Shore Diner is a beautifully appointed wonderful restaurant. The decor is "chic" without being pretentious. The food is creative, beautifully presented and wonderful. A MUST go in Sarasota. I brought two friends (who live in Sarasota) who had never dined here, for Sunday Brunch. They had their favorite spot and I wanted to open their eyes to something better. This is their new place for Brunch...always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodcookDined on 10/25/2014Shore has been one of our favorite spots since it opened and we have been many many times. This time the visit was way off. Hostess had attitude. The menu is getting very tired. It is time for some new entrees. I actually struggled to find something on the menu that appealed to me and was bored with the menu. I ordered the prime steak which was anything other than prime. So tough that it was basically inedible. I won't give up on the place because I enjoy the atmosphere and the wait staff. I just won't go as often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Armand's gem24dinnerDined on 10/25/2014We really enjoyed dining at the Shore. There was an open air feel, but protected by a roof. The truffle fries were delicious. Portion sizes were generous. Service was efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. A great place to eat. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale outdoor dining.LoveroffoodDined on 10/24/2014Interesting menu items. Nice variety. Excellent service. Nice atmosphere. Eclectic crowd. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloridafoodieDined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent in particular the calamari starter; the tuna sashimi and the flank steak. Service was top notch and we had 2 19 month old twins in our party of 5 and the staff were very kid friendly.Special Features:
- Our New Special Occasion SpotLocalYokelDined on 10/23/2014Our second time there - this time we brought our son fresh from Marine Boot Camp. He ordered the organic fried chicken with mac n cheese. With an appetizer of kung pao calamari, he had plenty. Meg was a super nice server. I ordered Jenga ribs, my wife ordered skirt steak salad. The skirt steak tends to come a bit rarer than what you order, so be ready to check it. One of the best qualities beyond the food and decor is that it is upscale without feeling stuffy. Sometimes I go into restaurants where I never quite feel like I belong - more like I am an outsider. They treat everyone so well that I always feel like it is a place I belong. Upscale, but not expensive and snooty. Creative, but accessible.Special Features:
- Always a good time at ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/22/2014We love going here and the weather is now getting to the point where the open air dining is amazing. Great kale salad and chimchuri skirt steak. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely place!DebbiedebDined on 10/20/2014Great food choices. I loved the cauliflower steak. Fabulous menu choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilVIPDined on 10/19/2014turn down the music and change to something for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2ImafoodieDined on 10/17/2014Fried chicken and Mac& cheese were delicious. Great appetizers- crab cake and carnitas tacos. Reasonable prices and nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantLoveFloridaDined on 10/13/2014We went out for dinner as a couple and it was a nice experience. There were a couple of groups celebrating birthdays. It was raining a lot while we were there so they had to close the shades, but still had a nice ambiance. Food was good but wasn't anything to write home about. We had lobster sliders as an appetizer and burgers with truffle fries for our meal. We would go again if we lived here and had the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and great servicekitterymikeDined on 10/11/2014Outstanding food served by folks who were genuinely concerned about you the customer having an exceptional dining experience. Only down side was the noise level which is fairly intense. It was very difficult to have a a single conversation for our table of 5. Overall though we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllynDined on 10/10/2014Food was delicious. Red Snapper , ribs, salads drinks! Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raise the roofKCedDined on 10/4/2014As usual, Shore did not disappoint. Food, service and atmosphere amazing – but the retractable roof on a beautiful evening sent it over the top – no pun intended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening - AGAINddsfridaysDined on 10/3/2014Always a favorite. Our server was SENSATIONAL. Dan is always attentive without being a nuisance and great to have someone checking to make sure all is going well. Wish I could remember the server's name; her name began with an "S".Special Features:
- Too hip for mewineloverDined on 9/28/2014Sorry, my wife and I are not the right clientele for the Shore Diner. DJ spinning very loud tunes at brunch just doesnt work. Food was adequate, nothing great. Delicious French Toast with a cold side of house fried potatoes. Service pleasant, nothing more. Hostesses beautiful but aloof. They, like the restaurant, lovely but cold.Special Features:
- FunMnmacreeDined on 9/27/2014The food was great! We had great seating! Great place to celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for food qualityRNDCPADined on 9/27/2014This was my first, and last, visit to this restaurant. The food quality for the prices charged was well below what one can get at other less expensive restaurants. I do not feel it deserves a visit.
- Trendy scene & delicious foodFoodyWithaToddlerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Each time we come to our beach house on Longboat Key we always make sure to have dinner at Shore. We love the trendy but relaxed atmosphere and ecceletic menu. There is always something for everyone to enjoy - from our toddler to my father - everyone loves this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedPheebeeDined on 9/25/2014I reserved online noting we would be celebrating my son's birthday. Since I specified we were celebrating, I expected a small dessert or something special for our occasion (as all restaurants do). Not only was there absolutely no recognition of our special occasion from ANY of the staff (including hostess who seated us), the service was awful and not what we had experienced the past 3 times we dined here. Server had no personality and not happy at all. If customers have to be the one trying to engage the staff then that's sad. The remainder of night remained a total disappointment due to very poor service. Gift card given by mgr was good effort after my complaint however that didn't change the poor experience we had on our special night.Special Features:
- A Notable FindedbradentonDined on 9/15/2014My first dining experience at Shore Diner and, it will certainly not be my last. The location, atmosphere, service and ability to appease the palette each co-mingled to ensure an outstanding dining experience. From the moment you walk in the door you immediately know you are in for a treat. The exciting preparation and excellent presentation of food choices are a specialty. Back this up with a near perfect wait staff and you'll find Shore to be a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty drinks and good eatsNomNomDined on 9/12/2014One of our favorite go-to restaurants in Sarasota. Went out on a limb (mussels in general are not on my fave list) and tried the Thai Curry Mussels with coconut, kaffir, chili & cilantro, and they were amazing. More than enough to share. My standby drink is Shore's Barrel Aged Cocktail- Scotch with fruity undertones served on the rocks, well technically one giant ice cube. Needless to say, no disappointment there! Dinner and drinks under the nighttime sky with the gulf breeze to keep you cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & fun eveningNYCbirthdaygirlDined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at Shore a number of times but tonight we brought friends from Bradenton who have not eaten there. Everything was delicious and we love the atmosphere! We shared appetizers, with the calamari and the mussels just being outstanding...our server was great and she let us take our time, ordering our courses at a leisurely pace. The risotto and the grouper were outstanding. The only disappointment of the evening was the ribeye, which my husband said just wasn't fabulous. But the chocolate cake and wine for dessert more than made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRaniRouxDined on 9/7/2014This was our second visit to Shore -- the first for brunch. The service and ambience are spectacular, but nothing outshines the food! The quality of the ingredients and the creative, but intuitive preparations are really something they should be proud of. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The place is busy, lively and seems to be a happening place. We were seated promptly at our reservation time, 7:30pm. When the waiter took our order, one person in the group ordered the special of Mahi Mahi. The waiter returned to our table 5 minutes later to tell us they were "all out" of the special. It's only 7:30 in the evening, too early to be out of the special. The other dinners were good but the after dinner coffee was barely warm.Special Features:
- Excellent spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was almost spot on. The macncheese was off last weekend which was disappointing, but other than that everything else was perfect. Great food overall. Great decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverhydragirlDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at many restaurants, from fast food to fine dining with Michelin stars. This was our first time dining at this establishment. Our server's name was Sarah. She was extremely helpful and anticipated our needs well. We had ordered an appetizer and the rest of the meal followed timely, thanks to our server, who paced it well. The entire staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The only negative, which worked out fine, was that the head hostess (the one in black and white) asked us if we had a seating preference, but did not ask if we had a reservation, which we did, with a request for special seating. The seating was available, so it really wasn't an issue.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceBeachgurlDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress was very good and the food selection was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best YetDublinerInSWFLDined on 8/30/2014I find most food in SW Florida to be underwhelming. Chefs lack inspiration, it's cooked in chain restaurants, and people tend to settle for less. Not here. This was the best meal I've had in 10 years. THe ambience was perfect - a million miles from the staid, pre-packaged atmosphere created in most Florida restaurants. The music was perfect - a blend of modern and less so, perfect volume, not intrusive, just right! And the food - just excellent, Perfectly balanced flavors, beautifully presented, not too much, not too little. I had scallops and shrimp on a bed of cauliflower risotto, and it was genuinely excellent. The wine was well priced. I'd go back in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm going to Sarasota again soon just to dine at the Shore!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. Service was very good. Very nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.